Start by marking “Save It!” as Want to Read:
Save It!

Save It!

(A Moneybunny Book)

A charming introduction to simple money concepts in which a little bunny learns about the power and satisfaction that come with saving money.

Honey earns two carrots a week for taking care of her siblings. Her FIVE siblings who are so loud and bouncy, she wishes she had a place of her own to escape to for some peace and quiet. So what's a bunny to do? Get creative and figur
Published September 3rd 2019 by Nancy Paulsen Books

To ask other readers questions about Save It!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Save It!

Start your review of Save It!
Jon Nakapalau
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful first book on saving for what you want!
Brittany
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
A great book to teach your child money management and the importance of saving.
Yolanda
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Nancy Paulsen Books and Edelweiss+ for giving me an opportunity to read this DRC.

Actually – correction, my six year old son read this book to me! Yes, yes and YES to this book. I wish there were books like these when I was growing up. It teaches children in the cutest way possible, money concepts! A very important aspect of life that isn’t taught to us enough in our youth.

My six year old read this fairly easily and he isn’t a kid who loves to read. He loves books and being read to s
Gwen - Chew & Digest Books -
This entire series by Cinders McLeod is genius and I wish that there had been anything even close to it when I was a kid.

The financial lessons that they teach can't be taught early enough and by using bunnies and carrots, it makes it easier for even younger kids to understand. The illustrations are wonderful and descriptive as well, in this case showing two "spreadsheets" of carrots, one showing if you spent nothing and saved everything for your big goal and the second, a compromise of saving ha
Becky B
Jul 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Honey wants a place where she can find some peace and quiet after watching her 5 siblings. Her dad gives her the idea to save up for a playhouse. Can Honey figure out how to save the carrots she earns for her dream, while still being able to enjoy some ice cream?

A great introduction to budgeting in terms that kids can easily understand. The illustrations are cute, and the story is enough of a story it doesn't feel like it is just about the money aspects. Highly recommended.
Tiziana
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A great picture book for teaching young children about money and the importance of saving. This story is about a little bunny named Honey who saves her allowance every week so that she is able to save up for her own playhouse. With some patience, Honey is able to make her dream come true. Even others, like myself, can relate to Honey and her desire to buy a place of her own!
Andrew
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good bunny book! Honey wants her own house to get a break from her siblings, so she decides to save for a playhouse... But does that mean she can't spend any carrots on going to the movies? Save It! is a great, simplified way of teaching money management and financial planning. Not only can we learn from it, but Honey the bunny and her whole family are completely adorable.
Lori
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
My K-2 students love this series! I can’t keep them on the shelf. These Moneybunny books are returned then borrowed again on the same day every time.

I shared with all my students your plan for the next book: Borrow It! When I told them the series would be complete, more than one student in each class suggested you missed Share It! as a fifth book title in your Moneybunny theme.
Meg
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, financial
A great book for kids about the virtue of saving money. There aren't enough books for kids like this, so I really appreciate the MoneyBunny series! This will help kiddos aged 4-8 better understand saving, spending, and budgeting-- hard topics without a tool to help learn. Will be pushing these for MoneySmart week 2020!
Barbra
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Honey decides she wants her very own playhouse, she faces the dilemma of how to pay for it. She earns 2 carrots per week and needs 10 carrots in total. As Honey weighs her options she does the math. She can save and spend with a little patience. A cute book to introduce simple math, perseverance and responsibility.
Andréa
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
Kelly
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A great book to introduce small children to saving and focusing on short and long term goals.
Anneke Alnatour
This was a really cute book about saving up, with a great story, so it did not feel like a lecture. The boys enjoyed it, the girls agreed it was very true.
Alice
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars for this sneaky financial advice book
Jessica
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Perfect way to teach kids about money. This is a wonderful series!
Miss Sarah
A young bunny must decide between saving money for something special and spending it right away. Preschool and up.
Edward Sullivan
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Good introduction to simple money concepts.
Meredith
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Simple concept pretty well done, but OH! having to take care of five siblings every day? Those bunny parents are saving a fortune on childcare costs. Maybe give Honey a raise?
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Honey makes a plan to save her hard-earned carrots for a future purchase. Great for teaching math, money, or savings!
Kristen Thorp
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it
359/365
Y.Poston
LOVE this version of
budgeting for children!
Jj
Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Definitely the winner of this series so far. I liked the save/spend combo going on here.

Thanks to Penguin Young Readers for the review copy.
One more, please!
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had such trouble teaching my children the concept and importance of saving money. This is such an important and needed resource. The illustrations were cute too!
Kellyanne
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Like its predecessors, I love the concept, but not the execution. It assumes a child is getting an allowance, which is not always the case.
Ryan
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Yup, that about sums it up right there! 95% of the world's money problems would vanish if we followed Honey's example in her quest for a playhouse.
Lynn  Davidson
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great way to introduce young children to saving money. They can learn that they have to earn it, save some, and can spend some.
Fun illustrations.
Theresa
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Honey earns carrots taking care of her five little bunny siblings and dreams of buying a playhouse for some much needed peace and quiet. But going out for ice cream and movies makes her happy too. Can she figure out a way to do both? This book is part of the Moneybunny Book series that aims to teach children about money in simple-to-understand terms. I really enjoyed the book and found both the story and illustrations fun and engaging. I look forward to reading the other books in this series.
Geni

• A Piglet Named Mercy
  • The Panda Problem
  • Lemonade in Winter: A Book About Two Kids Counting Money
  • A Big Bed for Little Snow
  • The Brilliant Deep: Rebuilding the World's Coral Reefs: The Story of Ken Nedimyer and the Coral Restoration Foundation
  • The Shortest Day
  • Who Wet My Pants?
  • A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood: The Poetry of Mister Rogers
  • Amy Wu and the Perfect Bao
  • The Reader
  • Fly!

A Moneybunny Book (3 books)
  • Earn It!