Start by marking “Save It!” as Want to Read:
Save It!

Save It!

(A Moneybunny Book)

A charming introduction to simple money concepts in which a little bunny learns about the power and satisfaction that come with saving money.

Honey earns two carrots a week for taking care of her siblings. Her FIVE siblings who are so loud and bouncy, she wishes she had a place of her own to escape to for some peace and quiet. So what's a bunny to do? Get creative and figur
Published September 3rd 2019 by Nancy Paulsen Books

To ask other readers questions about Save It!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Save It!

Start your review of Save It!
Jon Nakapalau
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful first book on saving for what you want!
Brittany
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
A great book to teach your child money management and the importance of saving.
Yolanda
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Nancy Paulsen Books and Edelweiss+ for giving me an opportunity to read this DRC.

Actually – correction, my six year old son read this book to me! Yes, yes and YES to this book. I wish there were books like these when I was growing up. It teaches children in the cutest way possible, money concepts! A very important aspect of life that isn’t taught to us enough in our youth.

My six year old read this fairly easily and he isn’t a kid who loves to read. He loves books and being read to s
Tamara Macpherson
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I purchased another book in this series - Spend it! - to mail to a nephew. My 15 year-old son and his friends spotted it on our kitchen counter and were drawn in by the illustrations, so I mocked a “story time” while they cleared out my kitchen cabinets. They loved this book! The conversation that ensued included sharing that four tops can be purchased at Value Village for the price of one at Garage (in the mall) and that one could buy 2,500 cans of Peace Tea during school lunch break at the loc ...more
Gwen - Chew & Digest Books -
This entire series by Cinders McLeod is genius and I wish that there had been anything even close to it when I was a kid.

The financial lessons that they teach can't be taught early enough and by using bunnies and carrots, it makes it easier for even younger kids to understand. The illustrations are wonderful and descriptive as well, in this case showing two "spreadsheets" of carrots, one showing if you spent nothing and saved everything for your big goal and the second, a compromise of saving ha
Becky B
Jul 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Honey wants a place where she can find some peace and quiet after watching her 5 siblings. Her dad gives her the idea to save up for a playhouse. Can Honey figure out how to save the carrots she earns for her dream, while still being able to enjoy some ice cream?

A great introduction to budgeting in terms that kids can easily understand. The illustrations are cute, and the story is enough of a story it doesn't feel like it is just about the money aspects. Highly recommended.
Andrew
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good bunny book! Honey wants her own house to get a break from her siblings, so she decides to save for a playhouse... But does that mean she can't spend any carrots on going to the movies? Save It! is a great, simplified way of teaching money management and financial planning. Not only can we learn from it, but Honey the bunny and her whole family are completely adorable. ...more
Barbra
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Honey decides she wants her very own playhouse, she faces the dilemma of how to pay for it. She earns 2 carrots per week and needs 10 carrots in total. As Honey weighs her options she does the math. She can save and spend with a little patience. A cute book to introduce simple math, perseverance and responsibility.
Tiziana
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A great picture book for teaching young children about money and the importance of saving. This story is about a little bunny named Honey who saves her allowance every week so that she is able to save up for her own playhouse. With some patience, Honey is able to make her dream come true. Even others, like myself, can relate to Honey and her desire to buy a place of her own!
Meg
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, finances
A great book for kids about the virtue of saving money. There aren't enough books for kids like this, so I really appreciate the MoneyBunny series! This will help kiddos aged 4-8 better understand saving, spending, and budgeting-- hard topics without a tool to help learn. Will be pushing these for MoneySmart week 2020! ...more
Lori
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
My K-2 students love this series! I can’t keep them on the shelf. These Moneybunny books are returned then borrowed again on the same day every time.

I shared with all my students your plan for the next book: Borrow It! When I told them the series would be complete, more than one student in each class suggested you missed Share It! as a fifth book title in your Moneybunny theme.
Diane
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it

Honey dreams of his own house away from all his noisy siblings. He’s sure that his father will buy him a house, but his father explains that he can’t afford to do that. Honey must save ... for a playhouse. But it will take some planning in order to save AND still have money for some fun.

Financial literacy in very simple terms for young students.
Anthony
Honey Moneybunny wants to buy her own house to have some quiet time away from her five siblings. She only makes two carrots a week for babysitting her siblings, but she must come up with a plan to save her carrots to buy her dream house. Will her plan lead to success?
Emily Carlyn
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy how the 3 books in the Moneybunny series follow the same format. The story is simple, easily understood for young ones. This story teaches patience and saving for what you really want in the long term!
Andréa
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
One more, please!
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had such trouble teaching my children the concept and importance of saving money. This is such an important and needed resource. The illustrations were cute too!
Edward Sullivan
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Good introduction to simple money concepts.
Jj
Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Definitely the winner of this series so far. I liked the save/spend combo going on here.

Thanks to Penguin Young Readers for the review copy.
Anneke Alnatour
This was a really cute book about saving up, with a great story, so it did not feel like a lecture. The boys enjoyed it, the girls agreed it was very true.
Alice
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars for this sneaky financial advice book
Kellyanne
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Like its predecessors, I love the concept, but not the execution. It assumes a child is getting an allowance, which is not always the case.
Miss Sarah
A young bunny must decide between saving money for something special and spending it right away. Preschool and up.
Kelly
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A great book to introduce small children to saving and focusing on short and long term goals.
Y.Poston
LOVE this version of
budgeting for children!
Meredith
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Simple concept pretty well done, but OH! having to take care of five siblings every day? Those bunny parents are saving a fortune on childcare costs. Maybe give Honey a raise?
Jessica
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Perfect way to teach kids about money. This is a wonderful series!
Lynn  Davidson
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great way to introduce young children to saving money. They can learn that they have to earn it, save some, and can spend some.
Fun illustrations.
Ryan
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Yup, that about sums it up right there! 95% of the world's money problems would vanish if we followed Honey's example in her quest for a playhouse. ...more
Honey makes a plan to save her hard-earned carrots for a future purchase. Great for teaching math, money, or savings!
Jacques
Aug 09, 2020 rated it did not like it
Poorly written book. Would not recommend for any children

• Stormy: a Story about Finding a Forever Home
  • The Brilliant Deep: Rebuilding the World's Coral Reefs: The Story of Ken Nedimyer and the Coral Restoration Foundation
  • Pete the Cat's 12 Groovy Days of Christmas
  • Julián at the Wedding (Julián, #2)
  • Catkwondo
  • The Shortest Day
  • Just Ask!: Be Different, Be Brave, Be You
  • Bruce's Big Storm
  • A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood: The Poetry of Mister Rogers
  • The Reader
  • A Stone Sat Still
  • The Couch Potato (The Bad Seed, #4)
  • Home in the Woods
  • A Crazy-Much Love
  • When the Snow Is Deeper Than My Boots Are Tall
  • Itty-Bitty Kitty-Corn
  • A New Day
  • Some Snow Is...

A Moneybunny Book (4 books)
  • Earn It!
  • Spend It!
  • Give It!

News & Interviews

When it comes to whiling away the dog days of summer, nothing is better than a good book. Or two. Or three. Let’s say ten! We’re getting...