Start by marking “Snack Attack!” as Want to Read:
Snack Attack!

Snack Attack!

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  51 ratings  ·  22 reviews
From the creator of the popular world of Peanut Butter & Cupcake! comes a wry and witty story in which no snack is safe from the monster that is the Kid. Perfect for fans of Creepy Carrots and A Creepy Pair of Underwear.

They had been warned of the dangers that lurked outside of their packages, but they didn't care. These three snacks were on a mission to have some fun,
Published September 3rd 2019 by Philomel Books

To ask other readers questions about Snack Attack!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snack Attack!

really liked it 4.00  ·

Ronyell
I would like to thank Edelweiss and Philomel Books for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Now, I had read a few children’s books that dealt with talking food and how they view human beings. However, “Snack Attack!” by Terry Border was an extremely unique case where we actually get to see how the food items fear the human beings due to them being eaten by them. “Snack Attack!” is definitely one book about food that children will definitely get a laugh out of!

The f
Elizabeth Majka
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
The drama! The suspense! The.... ending that might freak some kids out! I love it!
Andrew
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A pretzel, a cheese doodle, and a cookie walk into a kitchen... and enjoy a wonderful day together until they find the note a human mother left for her child about the snacks they can have after school. Our scrumptious friends have to find some way to save themselves from their mortal fate! What will it take to avoid their delicious demise? Snack Attack gave me smiles, laughs, and an "OH NO!" Kids and adults alike will eat this humorous, hilarious book right up.
Dwan Dawson-Tape
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-s-books
I love the photography in this one, but, wow, darkly humorous!
Richie Partington
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Richie’s Picks: SNACK ATTACK by Terry Border, Philomel, September 2019, 32p., ISBN: 978-1-524-74011-5

“He’s gone. He’s gone.
And nothing’s gonna bring him back.”
-- Hunter/Garcia (1972)

“One afternoon, a cheese doodle, a pretzel stick, and a cookie all escaped from their packages, even though they had been warned about the outside world.
There were monsters, they’d heard, with big teeth and slobbery tongues who ate snacks like them in two loud chomps.”

For years, photographer Terry Border has been ad
Tasha
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
The creator of Peanut Butter and Cupcake returns with a new cast of characters in this look at snack food. One afternoon, a cheese doodle, a cookie, and a pretzel stick all escape from their packaging. They had been warned about the monsters who would gobble them up in two bites. But the kitchen seemed like a lot of fun, filled with games to play, bright sprinkles, and even a boat ride in the sudsy sink. But then they found the note on the counter from “Mom” who tells her kid to eat the snacks s ...more
Abby Johnson
A cute and funny story about a trio of snack friends (Cookie, Pretzel, and Cheese Doodle) who are trying to evade a monster named Kid who is coming to eat them after school. They brainstorm and try out several ideas before coming up with a plan that will work... they hope. Illustrations are made from real objects that are photographed and I think kids will really dig the anthropomorphized food. It reminds me of that Sesame Street sketch where the orange sang Carmen, which was a favorite of mine ...more
Pam
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Humorous take on snacking from the snacks' point of view. The cheese doodle, pretzel and cookie venture out from their packaging to see what's around them. They've been warned but ignore it. Hilarious ending after the Monster kid gets home and they can't find cookie.
The illustrations are photos and well shot.
Beth
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun story about three snack foods that are terrified of a big monster with teeth (a kid) who will come and eat them. Pair this book with NOTHING RHYMES WITH ORANGE and have students create their own characters and stories with inanimate (delicious) objects.
Nikki Morrissey
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute children's book. The theme was pretty unique. This would be good for younger kids; my five year old thought it was hilarious. We loved the images/illustrations. They were unique. I don't know that I have seen anything exactly like it in other books and that really set it apart.
Johnell Dewitt
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kids will get the giggles with this fun story. Humor is not easy to do, but this kept me laughing throughout.
Mrs. B
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny book! Love the real pictures of the snacks and the clever puns.
Ann
3 1/2 stars. Funny book for preschool or early school age.
Rebecca Dickinson
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
The grated butt part was my favorite :)
The writing isn't amazing but it made me smile. Sometimes that's all that matters!
Andréa
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
Awjtf
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Cute book!
Annese
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's me. I'm Monster Kid.
Shauna Yusko
A little odd, but could inspire student stories in creative writing or tech class.
Edward Sullivan