Start by marking “Green Mountain Ghosts, Ghouls Unsolved Mysteries” as Want to Read:
Green Mountain Ghosts, Ghouls  Unsolved Mysteries

Green Mountain Ghosts, Ghouls Unsolved Mysteries

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Aimed at adults, teenagers, and tourists, this is the most comprehensive collection of tales, legends, folklore, ghost stories and strange-but-true facts ever assembled about Vermont and the surrounding areas of New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Quebec--one that can be used to find these haunted sites.
Published October 15th 1994 by Mariner Books (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Green Mountain Ghosts, Ghouls Unsolved Mysteries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Mountain Ghosts, Ghouls Unsolved Mysteries

Samantha
This book was a great pre-Holloween read. I love true scary stories and regional folklore as well as unsolved mysteries. Complete with ghost, Champ, and more than a few Bigfoot stories.
Rebekah
Oct 14, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: history, travel

What I Learned: I'm sure that every state has its ghosts and monsters and mysteries, but when i read Citro's books, i feel like Vermont is that much more unique.
Jennifer Sylvia
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I ended up reading this book as one of my employees is the #1 fan of the authors work. She recently had a star struck conversation with him, and was recapping it to me, which lead to her loaning me a pile of his books.

I started with a collection of stories, rather than one of his straight up fiction novels.

Having been a Vermonter for my first 21 years (Windsor, Pomfret, and Wilder... and a year at Castleton State College in the mix, as well), and lived the rest of my life thus far just over the
Terrence
Feb 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crypto-fortian
Who knew that the Green Mountain's held so many secrets? Author Joseph A. Citro takes you on a very entertaining and informative trek through Vermont's stranger people, places, and things.
Yes... THINGS! That is where I found myself zipping through this book, devouring each word about Champ, Memphree, Goonyak and more monsters than you care to meet in the woods. Citro shows an obvious affection for his research of the mysterious subjects and a pleasing ability to express that to the reader. He t
Shannon
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the most re-read books of my childhood.
Rebekah
Feb 26, 2009 rated it it was ok
this was a very interesting collection of mythology and ghost stories, etc. from Vermont, I just wish it had been ... not written in quite such a pedestrian manner.
Bethany