Start by marking “Wildlife Ranger Action Guide: Track, Spot & Provide Healthy Habitat for Creatures Close to Home” as Want to Read:

As concern for the welfare of species like honey bees and monarch butterflies grows alongside awareness of the impact of climate change, inspiring the next generation of citizen scientists is more important than ever. With Wildlife Ranger Action Guide, kids can make the world better for the animals and insects they love, starting right in their own backyards. Dozens of ...more
Published March 3rd 2020 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Wildlife Ranger Action Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildlife Ranger Action Guide

Start your review of Wildlife Ranger Action Guide: Track, Spot & Provide Healthy Habitat for Creatures Close to Home
Alicia Bayer
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a well-illustrated, informative, fun guide for kids that teaches them about various species of insects, reptiles, animals, birds, etc. with many projects provided to get close or protect each group. It features 70+ profiles of birds, turtles, lizards, spiders, etc. with maps of their ranges, information on what they eat, where to find them, etc. There are lots of color photos and interesting tidbits.

The projects were my favorite parts (there are various projects with color photos and
Keila Dawson
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wildlife Ranger Action Guide is an excellent resource for kid citizen scientists to learn about birds, bugs, reptiles, amphibians, and mammals, their importance to nature, and ways to help them survive. Hands-on activities show how young scientists can observe local wildlife, maintain their natural habitats and or create them. Photographs provide step-by-step instructions for kids to follow. Every chapter will keep kids engaged and inspired to take action.
Etienne
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good little guide for young wildlife lover and adventurer. I get it as an ARC and I just wanted to add that in my version, some animal fiche weren't display right and were lacking the pictures. That being said, it contains a lot of information about animal and lot of activity/building to do to observe and attract wildlife in your backyard. Well done and fun to explore!
wanderonwards
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-reviews
Thank you to NetGalley and Storey Publishing for sending me a free ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.

Wildlife Ranger Action Guide, which I give a 3.5/5, is a promising introduction to nature watching for young enthusiasts, encouraging a love of nature and science through observation and wildlife-friendly crafts.

This book is very inviting: its laid out well, its colorful, & engaging for readers. There are individual sections for 1) birds, 2) insects, 3) turtles and lizards, 4)
Kris
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wildlife Ranger Action Guide, by Mary Kay Carson is an excellent beginners book for children to not only become familiar with wildlife around them but also a guide on how to live with wildlife. The action guide was engaging with easy to read text, and informative pictures. I greatly enjoyed reading the activities and projects that can be easily done and appreciated that most of the
RaLynn
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book packs a ton of great photos and illustrations, fun facts, and crafts all in one book! We loved learning about the various animal habitats and how we can help to preserve or replicate some of these habitats in our own yard and community. We especially enjoyed doing some of the crafts included in this book and plan to do many more! As a busy mom, I appreciated that nearly all of the materials needed for the crafts were things we already have around the house! When my kids asked if they ...more
Dana Gisser
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am always a little wary with new wildlife type books. A lot of animal information changes over time and sometimes things just get misinterpreted or misrepresented but this book did a very good job of being accurate. There's a good mix of information, activities, and additional resources to really encourage and engage young children in the natural world around them and we definitely need more books like this.

Unfortunately, the library isn't very liking to buy this book, although maybe I can
Nichole
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This action guide is complete with information to help kids learn about wildlife and things to try to keep their hands busy. The activities are inexpensive due to the responsibly suggested use of things normally available in homes. Many activities can easily be completed with minimal supervision allowing kids to feel as if they are doing their part to help. The reading selections are educational and would also provide plenty of snuggle time while reading.
Courtney Reynolds
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This book will inspire our future generations and help them learn the importance of protecting our natural resources. Very engaging and inspiring as well. A must have for all libraries, school, public and home!
Alicia Unterreiner
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book that introduces young children to nature. There are different sections and each one is broke down in to sub categories to teach kids about topics be it frogs, birds or turtles. Thanks NetGalley for the ARC!!!
Charity  Bartley Howard
Jan 16, 2020
Chana Stiefel
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Now is the perfect time to become a wildlife ranger in your own backyard! Kids across the country will love this handy guide to identifying animals and learning about nature in their own neighborhood. Author Mary Kay Carson provides advice for improving habitats and several hands-on projects, including bird feeders, nesting boxes, water sources, and moreall with simple materials you can find at home. My favorites include the anti-crash window clings (to prevent birds from crashing into glass) ...more

• Trustworthy - Bible Study Book: Overcoming Our Greatest Struggles to Trust God
  • Remember Me: A Novella about Finding Our Way to the Cross
  • What They Meant for Evil: How a Lost Girl of Sudan Found Healing, Peace, and Purpose in the Midst of Suffering
  • The Bear
  • Llewellyn's Complete Book of Essential Oils: How to Blend, Diffuse, Create Remedies, and Use in Everyday Life
  • One for the Blackbird, One for the Crow
  • Christmas in Vermont
  • The Roxy Letters
  • Small Spaces (Small Spaces, #1)
  • Cilka's Journey (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #2)
  • Little Libraries, Big Heroes
  • God has not forgotten
  • A Bowl Full of Peace: A True Story
  • The Big Buna Bash
  • Meet Cute
  • Wave
  • Guts
  • The Chase (Briar U, #1)
Mary Kay Carson is an award-winning childrens nonfiction author. She has written more than thirty books for young people about wildlife, space, weather, nature, and history. Her recent non-fiction titles include Emi and the Rhino Scientist, about the Cincinnati Zoo's famous rhino mom; Exploring the Solar System, recipient of the 2009 American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Childrens ...more