Start by marking “The Date” as Want to Read:
The Date

The Date

From USA Today bestselling author, Louise Jensen, comes another mind-bending thriller where the "twists just do not stop, ramping up the fear and anxiety and keeping readers on their toes and watching their backs" (Booklist, starred review).

Ali thought she was ready to date, but after a blind date goes horribly wrong, she finds her her watching her back.

One night can change everything.

'I know it asback.(,"twists
Published August 20th 2019 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Date, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jesica Puteri
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Melisa
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I said somebody stump me and she did👏👏👏

Louise Jensen can write a thriller, man. She can write and she can write well. I love her use of descriptive language and building of suspense. I will forever read everything she writes.

This one requires a hefty, massive dose of suspension of disbelief right off the bat. It took me a few chapters, but once you get into the swing of things and accept it, it becomes a fast-paced, well-developed story. And the thing I really love about Jensen’s writing is ho
Holly  B

Talk about a date from Hell!
I will certainly never  view a blind date the same way again. Ever!!  Not after meeting Alison Taylor, the protagonist in this most intriguing and tension filled novel.  The morning after her fateful date, she is trying to figure out what happened to her, and she realizes that it is not good.

I was questioning everything, wondering who the creepy date was and totally obsessed with finding out what happened! I'd finish one chapter, and get hit with another Tick Tock  ending an
Debra
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Saturday night Allison Taylor had a date. She has recently separated from her husband and after some urging from her friends, she decides to meet a man at a local bar. Sunday morning her entire life has turned upside down. She instantly knows something is wrong when she wakes up. She is sore, has a huge bump on her head, and has no memory of what happened the evening before. One she manages to stumble into the bathroom she is shocked by what she sees in the mirror - a face she does not recognize ...more
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Louise Jensen’s The Date is an absolute must-read book this year!!! I saw this book described as living in a nightmare, and I couldn’t say it better. This book got into my head! I found myself walking down the street and imagining what it would be like to have no idea whether the strangers passing me were people I know. Whether one of those people may hate me and wish me harm, but I wasn’t able to read that emotion on their face. A chilling, gripping, anxiety-inducing page-turner that has a shocking ...more
Norma * Traveling Sister
Well I can hardly believe that little ole me is sitting all by my lonesome in the Coulee!

All of the other Traveling Sisters absolutely loved this one except for me as I ended up thinking it was just okay. What’s up with that you might say? (or that is exactly what I said....LOL)

For me this was just not a good fit and it might have been because I was reading this book while on vacation and maybe I just wasn't totally getting it. I very much enjoyed the premise of this novel though an
Kaceey
I think we can all admit to enduring some disastrous dates at one time or another. Some more than others! Namely, poor Ali, who just had one doozy of a bad date that she now can’t distance herself from.

Ali is, in fact, still married and recently separated from her husband. With the encouragement and (not so gentle) prodding from her friends, Ali reluctantly decides to take a chance and try her luck at online dating. Big mistake!! – Thanks friends!

I am definitely in the mi
James
4.5 stars to the thrilling mystery novel, The Date, written by Louise Jensen and published in 2018. I always look forward to savoring a creepy and well-written suspenseful story, and this one definitely delivered a strong and fantastic punch. Many thanks to NetGalley for providing me with a copy.

Have you ever woken up and forgotten what happened the night before? I'm sure it's happened to all of us at some point. Most of the time we recover those memories. Then again, most of the time we also r
Susanne  Strong
3 Stars.

When Alison Taylor wakes up from an online date she has a helluva headache. Then she touches her hand to her face, it comes away bloody. As if that wasn’t shocking enough - when she goes to look in the mirror, she doesn’t recognize her own reflection. Whatever happened to Ali Taylor on her date, it wasn’t good. She can’t remember a thing and she doesn’t recognize any of her family or her friends and as it turns out, it’s permanent. WHAT the HECK?!

Upon her return h
Erin
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, kindle
Yes, I know that I said all my June ARCs were read, but the good reviews made me click "request." Let me tell you, I was not disappointed This was a satisfying read about a woman that wakes up to a terrifying set of circumstances. At the 48% mark, I thought I had it all figured out, but the story actually unraveled not quite how I expected.

All in all, The Date made for a very intense story that was impossible to put down.

Thanks to NetGalley for an advanced ebook in exchange for an honest review
sue

A full 5* from me.

My thanks to Bookoutour via Net Galley for my copy.

This was an “on the edge of your seat bite your fingernails” read.

There is nothing like a creepy book when you visualise yourself walking along or actually being the main character who has to forever look over her shoulder. Is she being watched or is she going mad?

After a separation from her husband she was urged to go on a date. Get out there, move on.
Against her better jud
Carolyn
Louise Jensen's The Date is a suspenseful psychological thriller that will keep you guessing to the end. It all starts when Ali Taylor wakes up battered and bruised after a date she doesn't remember. Recently separated from her husband she was reluctant to go on the date with a man she had been talking to on line and now she's woken up to a nightmare. Not only is she covered in blood but she has a bad head injury and can no longer recognise her own face or those of anyone else, including her fam ...more
Linda
It's one thing to face the music the next day.

It's another thing when you can't even remember the song.

Alison Taylor shifts back and forth on the rocky seas of a monster hangover. Under a mountain of pillows and blankets, she reaches toward the side of her head to try and stem the source of her pain. Even with blurred eyes, Alison notices blood on her hands and a huge knot on her head. Her stomach revolts to the movement and Alison rushes to the bathroom just in time. Whi
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
I started reading The Date on 6/29/18 and finished it on 7/7/18. This book is an okay read for me. I like the suspense of finding out who is behind it all. I like the ending because I couldn’t guess who it was. I like that there are many potential suspects. The story started out interesting but it fizzles out for me.

This book is told in the first person point of view following Alison (Ali) Taylor as she prepares to go on a date with a guy she found on a dating app. She has been separ
Erin Clemence
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, kindle
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review.

After much persuasion by her friends, Ali goes out on a Saturday night, hoping to meet the handsome stranger she has been chatting with online. When she wakes up on Sunday morning, she has no recollection of what happened the night before, her clothing is covered in blood and she has, literally, lost her memory. Her friends, family and those closest to her are completely unre
Carrie
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Date by Louise Jensen is one of those books that is just all kinds of weird but a good kind of weird that only a psychological thriller can give you. From the very first few pages I knew I was going to be in for one heck of a ride.

The story starts as Ali is waking up from a night that she cannot remember to save her life. Ali knows that she had been planning on going out with her friend/roommate to head to a club and meet a blind date from then out it’s a blank. No idea of what h
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: I don't know who I am any more. The pressure inside my head mounts and a shard of memory drives itself into my consciousness. Shouting. Screaming. 'I know. I know what you did.' Crying. Begging. 'Please.' Hands on me. Pain. Blackness. 'You deserve everything you get.' And the hope that Saturday night was an accident, or even a random attack by a stranger, turns to ashes. 'You have blood on your hands.' Oh God, what have I done? What have I done again?

ABOUT THIS BOOK: Somethi
Brenda -Traveling Sister host of The Traveling Friends
Norma and I were lost in a coulee reading The Date with two of our Traveling Sisters and for the first time ever Norma was left in a coulee all by herself feeling quite differently from the rest of us about this story.

The Date was a fast-paced, entertaining yet frightening - the good kind we love in thrillers that left us on the edge of the coulee ready to jump out in fright and run and hide from some of the chilling scenes our main character Ali was up against. Nothing is the same for Ali afte
Helga
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don’t believe everything you see…

“In a desperate situation, are we all capable of monstrous acts? It’s incomprehensible we can reach inside the darkest depths of someone else’s mind, when we ignore the blackness lurking in our own.”

Ali has been on a blind date last night. But when she wakes up the next morning with ripped cloths, bruises on her body, blood on her hands and no memory of the date, she realizes her nightmares have just begun.
To top it all, as a result of her
Pauline
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Date by Louise Jenson is a psychological thriller that has plenty of action. Ali has been on a blind date and wakes up the following morning to find that she has been hurt but has no memory of the incident. She has a head injury and it turns out she is now left with a condition that makes her unable to recognise faces, not even her own. She begins to believe that the person who attacked her is now planning to hurt her even more and is now terrified and can trust no one. This book has quite a ...more
Berit☀️✨
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, net-galley
and intense twisty and twisted thriller that will keep you up past your bedtime!

Full disclosure I read this book quite a while ago, I am currently trying to get caught up on reviews.... but when I took a look at this title it brought back all the frantic feelings that this book evoked.... I really think it says something that this book has really stayed with me for too many months and many many books! A unique thriller with staying power, that is for sure!

Imagine looking in the mir
Bibi
Jul 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: why, dnf
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Read this one yesterday, and it was fantastic! I am usually awesome at sherlocking out twists, but this one surprised me. That said, I DID think the twist was a little weak. I didn't quite understand (or buy into) the motivation behind the persons' actions OR the level of animosity they displayed, Overall though, it was a cracking good read, and I will definitely be checking out this authors' other books.

description
description

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Maya
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What would you do if you wake up one day not able to recognize any of your friends or your own reflection in the mirror?
“The date” is a character driven psychological thriller that will make you question your own sanity!
Louise Jensen never fails to amaze me with her talent and infinite imagination and I get lost in her words so easily, I feel like I’m a part of every story she tells.
It’s a tour de force of psychological suspense where nothing is as it seems, no way of knowing who you can
Sarah Joint
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ali may be separated from her husband, but she isn't ready to let go. She still loves him, and holds onto a little hope they'll reconcile. In the meantime, her friends encourage her to check out other options. What harm could one date with a man off a dating website do? As we all know... lots. The morning after, Ali doesn't have a story about a pleasant date or a rude man she shared no chemistry with. She doesn't have a story about violence either, though she's clearly been assaulted. She has no ...more
Felicia
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I know I'm in the minority here but I didn't care for this book at all. It started really well but then it became mundane and repetitive. The same thing kept happening over and over and over. The same actions, the same thoughts. I became bored very quickly and started reading another book, coming back to this one for a few more chapters at a time only because I wanted to see how it ended and lo and behold the big reveal was EXACTLY what I had figured out 20% into the book.
Brenda
Alison Taylor had been separated from her husband Matt for only a short while, and when her friend Chrissie pressured her into a blind date, she was reluctant. She still loved Matt and couldn’t bear the thought of another man. But when Ali woke the following morning, she had a violent headache; she ached all over and was covered in blood. And she had no memory of what had happened the night before.

But worse was to come when Ali glanced in the mirror in the bathroom – she had no idea
Lou
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another slam dunk-er from the talented Louise Jensen. Ali wakes up one Sunday morning unable to recognise herself in the mirror. She can't recognise anyone else either, including friends and family. She knows that her friends had encouraged her to go on a date on the night before to help move her life forward after separating from her husband. She has no recollection of the date, the new man, or anything else.

This was a terrifying and tense read. Truly an exceptional novel, it had me
Selena
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free e-copy of The Date by Louise Jensen from NetGalley for my honest review.

Ali, who recently separated from her husband, Matt decides to go on a date after signing up on a dating app. The next morning she wakes up alone in the house she shares with her friend, Chrissy. She can't remember anything about the night of the date other than she is hurt and she can't recognize people. Her head hurts, she is bruised and her eyesight is jumbled. Also, where is Chrissy?

Ali deci
Jules
I loved the previous three books by this author, and The Date is no different. This is yet again a brilliant psychological thriller that I loved.

Intriguing and sometimes tense, especially the ending which had me completely gripped. This book had me guessing until the very end.

The idea of not being able to recognise faces really messed with my mind throughout this story. By the end of the story I'd imagined all the faces I wouldn't be able to recognise, and had an imaginary suitcase full
Mandy White
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
The Date by Louise Jensen was just brilliant! I was lost for words when I finished reading it... what an ending! I have loved all of this authors books and this one was no exception.

Ali is separated from her husband and is convinced by a friend to go on a blind date. The next morning she wakes with no memory of what happened the night before. She also does not recognise her own face in the mirror, or that of any of her family or friends. You might think you have this one all figured

• Game Players
  • Dirty Little Secrets
  • Redemption of the Dead (DI Sean Corrigan, #0.5)
  • The Warning
  • The Anne Boleyn Collection II
  • The Night She Died
  • Love Me, Love Me Not
  • The Family at Number 13
  • Last Light (Detective Lucy Harwin #3)
  • Katherine Howard: A New History
“There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for someone who wouldn’t even jump in puddles for you”. Have you seen” 2 likes
“It doesn't matter how old we get, how big we grow, we all need a mum don't we?” 1 likes