Start by marking “Cowboy Come Home (Once Upon a Time in Texas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cowboy Come Home  (Once Upon a Time in Texas, #2)

Cowboy Come Home

(Once Upon a Time in Texas #2)

Welcome to Big Verde, Texas, where a love-'em-and-leave-'em cowboy faces his greatest challenge yet---the woman he left behind. Perfect for fans of New York Times bestselling authors Lori Wilde and Carolyn Brown.

Some cowboys aren't cut out to be Prince Charming---and Claire Kowalski knows that better than anyone. She gave her heart to Ford Jarvis two years ago, yet
Paperback, 1st edition, 512 pages
Published March 31st 2020 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy Come Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy Come Home

Start your review of Cowboy Come Home (Once Upon a Time in Texas, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]

Cowboy Come Home is book two in the Once Upon a Time in Texas series by Carly Bloom. I have adored this series so far and have been so looking forward to Claire and Fords story.

Claire Kowalski is twenty nine years old. She is the only child of Gerome and Lilly Kowalski and sole heir to the Rancho Canada Verde ranch in Texas. Claire loves the ranch. It runs in her veins. But she also has other ideas, dreams. Dreams which included finding her own Prince Charming. She has about given up, though.
Carvanz
Five wrangled, roped and tied stars for this amazing read!

Image result for herding cattle on horseback

Two years ago, Ford left Claire after making her think they had a future. Now hes back to once more help on the ranch and shes determined not to let her heart get her into trouble again. But when life takes a detour, she finds herself relying on him to help her do what needs to be done, even if it means giving up her dream.

Claire is quite the heroine. Shes tough and sassy, but soft and sweet. Rancho Canada Verde runs in her blood and her
Books Just 4 Me
Ooh! Loved this one! First book was a sexy spin on red riding hood and this book inserted a bit of the Cinderella fairytale. Ford left Rancho Canada Verde two years ago but neither him or Claire has been able to move on in the relationship department. Claire and Ford definitely had sizzling chemistry. They were up for a second chance romance but definitely didnt just jump into it. I really liked watching their relationship build and the family involvement. The Kowalskis are definitely a family ...more
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I contributed this review to Really Into This

Check out all of our reviews at https://reallyintothis.com
Happy Reading, friends!

Thank you Read Forever for my gifted review copy.

After reading, loving & talking nonstop about Big Bad Cowboy for the last several months, I have high expectations for Cowboy Come Home by Carly Bloom. As soon as the ARC from Read Forever arrived, I took a deep breath & went in for more Big Verde romance.

Two days later & it's safe to say that I loved every
book bruin
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
There's just something about second chance romances that make my heart sing. Yes, the separation and angst is often painful, but the reward is so worth it in the end. Cowboy Come Home hit all the right notes and had me rooting for Claire and Ford right from the start. The book can be enjoyed as a standalone, but previous characters do appear and it would be most appreciated if read in order.

I really loved Claire. She was intelligent, strong, independent, kind, and had so much fortitude. She was
Amy
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Big Bad Cowboy made me realize that I like cowboy romances and Cowboy Come Home made me realize that I actually LOVE them. I seriously never wouldve thought this sub genre would be my thing, but Im telling you guys that if you like contemporary romance the Big Verde series are must reads. They have everything I look for in a romance and more, theyre super funny with tons of fantastic banter, a setting that makes me feel more relaxed by just reading about it, secondary characters that are a mix ...more
Zoe
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, sassy, and adorably romantic!

Cowboy Come Home takes us back to Big Verde, Texas and into the life of the kind, vivacious Claire Kowalski as she once again finds herself relying on the one man who stole her heart two years ago, the supposedly cursed in love, stubborn ranch hand Ford Jarvis.

The writing is light and humorous. The characters are genuine, charming, and easygoing. And the plot is a delightful mix of family, friendship, adversity, touching moments, heartache, attraction,
Leigh Kramer
CW: cancer, flash flood

3.5 stars. Carly Blooms debut Big Bad Cowboy was one of my favorite romances of 2018 because of the way she subverted the cowboy trope and it was so great to return to Big Verde. This is a second chance romance with big feelings, cowboy superstitions, and a town recovering from a natural disaster. Regarding that last point, the synopsis isnt wrong but to me this story was really about the ways a flood can devastate a community and how they recover.

Ford broke Claires heart
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was so fantastic! Cowboy Come Home had a wonderful mix of wit, emotion, and passion and was so entertaining to read. This story filled me up, thrilled me, and made me ridiculously happy!

I loved Claire, she was a strong and giving woman who loved with her whole heart. Ford was incredibly sexy and mysterious and I was immediately drawn to him. I loved learning about them and their history. I loved that inner fight they had as they try to stay away from each other. Their chemistry was
Kini
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Claire and Ford and their relationship are briefly introduced in Big Bad Cowboy. This book starts two years after the close of the previous book and they are no longer together. Ford is a loner cowboy who thinks he is cursed and can never be in a long term relationship (insert eye roll).

(CW: for grief, discussion of deceased sibling, flood/natural disaster, ailing parent with cancer )

Claires family owns a large ranch and Ford has come back to town to manage the ranch. Ford helps Claire when a
patrick Lorelli
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Claire Kowalski is the only child of Gerome and Lilly Kowalski she also at twenty is wanting to have what her friends have marriage and starting a family. Her problem is that there is no one on her horizon. The one guy she hoped would stick around would be Ford, but that was not to be.
Ford is back on the ranch as the foreman for six weeks and wouldnt you know it, he knows that because it is raining that she will get stuck trying to cross the stream. The problem becomes the stream is a river
Nicole ReadingBetweenTheSheets
Dally Up!

Oh my heart! This cowboy romance will give you all the feels! I love the way Author Carly Bloom wrote this second book in the Once Upon a Time in Texas series! Cowboy come Home is a heartwarming book that features family, love, heartbreak, curses, and second chances.

When the flood of the century hits Big Verde, Texas, it is just the beginning of what flows through town and Ford Jarvis life. Claire Kowalski knows her one time Prince Charming is in town for just a few weeks, but she is
Donna Repsher
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cowboy Come Home is the second book in Carly Bloom's Once Upon a Time in Texas series, but it's the first novel in the series I've read, the first novel I've read by this author, and it worked just fine for me as a standalone, and it gets 4 stars from this reader.

The setting for this novel is Big Verde, Texas, and the Rancho Cañada Verde, a 12,000 acre ranch that has been in the heroine's family for generations. That heroine is Claire Kowalski, a strong, determined, statuesque redhead with an
Really Into This
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sarah contributed this review to Really Into This

Check out all of our reviews at https://reallyintothis.com
Happy Reading, friends!

Thank you Read Forever for my gifted review copy.

Two days later & it's safe to say that I loved every
Jen
Mar 08, 2020 rated it liked it
This has probably been my least favorite book of the series, but for the most part, the entire series is wonderful and definitely one of my favorite cowboy romance series. My biggest issue wasn't the writing, which is always great. But I really disliked Ford and it wasn't until the very end that I began to like him. I wasn't exactly rushing back to the book to finish reading since I really had my doubts at Ford redeeming himself.

We met him in previous books and knew that he was a wondering
Readaholic
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
After recently reading Big Bad Cowboy by Carly Bloom and seeing a glimpse of the relationship between Claire and her rancher cowboy Ford, I couldn't wait to get to their story in Cowboy Come Home! I'm a total sucker for second chance romances so this book seemed like the perfect follow up to Big Bad Cowboy (which I loved).

Claire has always loved living on her family's ranch, Rancho Canada Verde, but some recent natural disasters have made ranch living just a bit hard at the moment. Claire may
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Cowboy Come Home is the second story in the Once Upon a Time in Texas series and brings us right back into the heart of one of the best small towns in Texas where the people are real, the emotions are not hidden, and community matters so much.

I enjoyed Claire and Fords story so much. Their love for each other is there throughout this story, yet Fords already broken her heart once and now that hes back, at least for a while, Claire has to decide if shes going to hold
Heather
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title courtesy of NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review**

After reading the first book in the Once Upon a Time in Texas series and loving it, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. Carly Bloom drew me into the town of Big Verde and I haven't looked back!

Claire Kowalski has grown up on her family's ranch, Rancho Canada Verde, and being the only child of Gerome and Lilly, she is set to inherit it when the time comes. While the
Michele
4 1/2 "Follow the Smoke Home" Stars....

Oh how I truly enjoyed Cowboy Come Home! I hopped into this series and instantly fell in love with the characters. Obviously, my favorites were the main characters, Claire and Ford. They are both incredibly stubborn in different ways but that have big hearts that are drawn to one another whether they like it or not.

Claire has dreams and aspirations, but she also knows that the ranch she has grown up on is part of her blood and she plans to take it over one
Jessica (the naptime writer)
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Q: did you grow up on a farm or have you ever visited one?
You might know that second chance romance isnt my thing, but Carly Blooms written my ideal low on the angst, high on the fuzzies version in Cowboy Come Home.

Claire Kowalski fell in love with cowboy Ford Jarvis two years earlier, and vice versa, and then he left her. Now hes back to serve as temporary ranch foreman on her dads ranch and the chemistry between thems as strong as ever. But as a rule cowboys don't settle down, especially
Avid Reader
Cowboy Come Home (Once Upon a Time in Texas #2) by Carly Bloom
3 stars
M/F Romance - second chance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Claire loves living in her town. She knows everyone and everyone knows her family. She has great friends and knows that if she ever needed anything, she could call any of them to help her out. While she grew up on a cattle ranch, she has to admit that she doesn't know much about the business side of things.

Ford knows that coming back to
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: http://www.romancingthereaders.com/20...

I don't know why but it seems I've been reading so many second chance romances. It's not my favorite but I'm getting used to them. I've been enjoying this series so far and couldn't wait to read Cowboy Come Home. Carly Bloom is a new to me author and one that I've really been enjoying.

Usually, in the books I read, I'm more in the hero's favor than the heroines. I can't say that with this one. I really liked Claire
Bourbon, Books and Brenda
Hold my purse, I need to rope me a Cowboy! You know the song save a horse...ride a cowboy, it must have been written for Ford!
******
Overall Rating: Five Foreman Ford Stars!
Kindle Unlimited: no
Standalone: yes
******
Claire has ranching in her blood. She eats, sleeps and breathes her familys ranch. Well, except for that one time she fell in love...with a cowboy...who left her...

Ford is a cowboy through and through. Moving from one ranch to another, never sticking around long. Well, except for that
This was a great second chance romance between two strong, likable characters with some pretty intense chemistry. I'm so happy I liked it so much as I had a bit of a problem with the first book in the series (which had a plot that hinged on a deception - not my favorite trope).

Ford is a good guy, but also a rolling stone who believes the men in his family are cursed to ruin their own lives and those of everyone around them because they are incapable of settling down. Due to a personal tragedy
Angela
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Thank you NetGalley and Forever Publishing for allowing me to read the e-arc of Cowboy Come home by Carly Bloom. This was my first time reading anything by Carly Bloom and I'm to say that going forward she will be on my automatic read pile.
Cowboy Come Home is what I felt to be a second chance love story of Claire, the only daughter to Gerome and Lilly Kowalski and sole heir to Rancho Canada Verde ranch in Texas, and Ford, the previous ranch hand who two years ago broke Claire heart when he left
Jas
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Ford returns to Claires familys ranch she is not especially thrilled. She fell in love with him when he was last there and he... left. Ford is also wary about seeing Claire again. For a man who is sure his destiny is to be alone, he has had a hard time shaking his feelings for her. The ranch should be big enough to give each other space but things just dont seem to work out that way.

I loved the first book in the series and was so excited to get my hands on a copy of this one. I was able to
Kat
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you like cowboy romances with so much chemistry and a slow-burn angst, this book is right up your alley!

Right off the bat, I was in love with their connection. It was ever bit of fire and ice, and I was HERE FOR IT! I was on the edge of my seat just waiting for the moment they would finally get together, and their witty banter was on point! There was no denying the romance between them.

I would give this a total 5 out of 5 stars, except for the fact that there were other plot points that made
Julie
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This sweet romance takes place on a ranch in Big Verde, TX and is part of the Once Upon a Time in Texas series. Claire is the daughter of the big ranch and Ford is a skilled ranch hand who never stays in one location too long. However, this is Ford's second time working on this ranch. Claire's dad asked him to come back since his foreman retired.

Two years ago, when Ford worked on the ranch, he and Claire were romantically involved. Everything seemed roses, sunshine, and happily ever after until
Andrea (Hammock and Read)
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a sweet, sexy, fun second (but really third) chance romance that you will not want to miss. They are standalone but really go read book one for sure and book 1.5 is also a nice addition. This town is so much fun, with great support for the community which will come into play even more in this book. Claire is the daughter of the big ranch in the area and fell for Ford a wrangler who can't stay in one place, and leaves her heart broken. But agrees to come back to help her father. ...more
Rebecca
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: from-publisher, 2020
Thanks to Forever for the free copy for honest review!

After reading Big Bad Cowboy last month, I was eagerly anticipating Cowboy Come Home. Add in that romance is basically all I want to read right now (don't we all want happy endings at this time?), and I was extremely happy to pick this one up last week. I love the tiny fairy tale nods Carly Bloom is weaving into this series, and coming back to Big Verde was a great escape. Claire Kowalski gets her own story in this one, and her one-time flame
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: two listings for a book 2 13 Feb 06, 2020 01:17PM

• Mermaid Inn
  • Unforgiven (Loveless, Texas #2)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Can't Hurry Love (Sunshine Valley #1)
  • Love Hard (Hard Play, #3)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement
  • Starting Over at Blueberry Creek (Sweetwater Springs Book 4) / Sealed with a Kiss
  • Code Name: Hacker (Jameson Force Security, #4)
  • Yours in Scandal (Man of the Year, #1)
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Enchanted (The Accidental Billionaires #4)
  • Cold Nose, Warm Heart (Fur Haven Dog Park, #1)
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Wild at Heart (Wild, #2)
  • All I Ask
Carly Bloom began her writing career as a family humor columnist and blogger, a pursuit she abandoned when her children grew old enough to literally die from embarrassment. To save their delicate lives, Carly turned to penning steamy, contemporary romance. The kind with bare chests on the covers.

Carly and her husband raise their mortified brood of offspring on a cattle ranch in South Texas. Also?

Once Upon a Time in Texas (3 books)
  • Big Bad Cowboy (Once Upon a Time in Texas, #1)
  • It's All About That Cowboy (Once Upon a Time in Texas #1.5)