Start by marking “Lights Along The Interstate” as Want to Read:
Lights Along The Interstate

Lights Along The Interstate

Interwoven allegories measure humanity's progress on a rumbling cross-country bus . . .

A retirement home escapee is off to parts unknown. The Devil quits, he’s in love with a waitress. Unexpected gunshots create late-night companions. A traveling salesman gets to choose his own place in the Universe. A wandering ex-priest looks for answers between the lines of a legal pad.
Published December 26th 2018 by Adam Fike

To ask other readers questions about Lights Along The Interstate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lights Along The Interstate

Adrian

Firstly I have to say that I received a copy of this book from the author to review, but that said my opinion is mine, and mine alone.
Since I read this book, a couple of evenings ago, I have been thinking of how to review this. It is an interesting book, now I'm not criticising it here, it is an interesting and gripping book. It is very well written and once I'd got into the book and started to understand where it was going, it just draws you in even more.
You want to find out about the character
Stjepan Cobets
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama, indie, supernatural
My rating 4.5

The book "Lights Along The Interstate" by Adam Fike is a super-written and good book. But how to make a review of the book that is related and interwoven with dozens of life stories. We can call this book a story about spirituality, life choices, mistakes, wrong choices, failed love, love, failure, success, sorrow, disappointment in life, good and evil. Each choice of characters in the book eventually leads us to heaven or hell. In the game of life we choose between all balance shal
Katy Fike
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love it. Can't wait for the next one.
Clay Davis
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good collection of stories. The pacing was good, mostly dry humor. A more interesting book cover would be nice.
Bruno Zogma
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"It all works great until you fight over it" is prime philosophy. That is everything I learned from my own knifefights. The human — knifefighting man — wins Most Cerebrally Exhausted Species.

Quote from the book:

“Birds don’t train squirrels to guard their nest, the Bus Driver says. Trees don’t go to college. Alligators have no hobbies. A hippopotamus never paved anything. The truth about things is never exhausting for them.” But, the Bus Driver goes on: “It’s not easy being the animal that knows
Tucker
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Some arresting moments in here, like:
"The balding, flabby husbands sleeping in fat chairs with scotch glasses in their laps. ...

Fading trophy wife. Not an undistinguished profession or without its traditions. The banker who shot himself. A lawyer with a drug problem. An aspiring con man. The paranoid industrialist. A clumsy dentist. But first an aging regional salesman, with a big car and no understanding of who she really is. Or was.

Each one was what bursts from the ground in a growing county
Richa
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
The premise of this debut is very interesting. The seemingly disjointed characters and stories, finally make sense as you progress through the book. The author is trying to answer many deep questions here and is also trying to make sense of the various incongruencies of life. At times, the different and unique grammatical style makes it a little difficult to understand exactly what Fike wishes to convey, but, if one perseveres, one gets his point eventually.
A laudible first book. Gripping despit
Lolly K Dandeneau
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
via my blog: https://bookstalkerblog.wordpress.com/
'Of all of it, day in and day out, this was the part of it that got to Warren the most. He called it the not having.'

Life, everything about it, what we chose and where it takes us, whether our souls be muddied or clean someone is flipping a coin somewhere on the paths we chose to walk. I sometimes hate the idea of punishment, where is the struggle for those who are never pushed to breaking, who have every opportunity, who haven’t truly had to go
Samantha Henthorn
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The tag line reads Canterbury Tales meets Paradise Lost - a good starting point, when I read this, I thought wow! What if Martin Amis (or someone like that) re wrote Marlowe's Dr Faustus? Plenty of morality tales within the short story chapters linked together by the Lights on The Interstate (which sounds more lyrical than 'motorway') Beautifully written and strong characters, Albert the escapee Irene the waitress and a little girl who doesn't know she's been fostered. Often thought provoking.

Elisha
Amanna Nawshin
Dec 22, 2018
Gazmend Kryeziu
Feb 25, 2019
Born during the epic Ford administration. Catholic school, six years. Family restored, raced and showed antique cars around dirt tracks in Western Pennsylvania and Ohio. Child model, print and commercial. Played a little banjo, age five. Visible on screen as extra in John Waters' original Hairspray, Baltimore, 1988. Space Camp, twice. Diastema. Newspaper reporter/editor, high school, college. Comm ...more