Start by marking “American Witch (American Witch, #1)” as Want to Read:
American Witch (American Witch, #1)

American Witch

(American Witch #1)

Power can change a person…

For months Molly Sullivan endures the inexplicable: electrical surges, car breakdowns, visions. She even wonders if she might be the cause… and wonders if she might be crazy. Then she discovers her husband has cheated on her. Again. Now Molly realizes she is a newly awakening witch and a woman pushed over the edge.

Revenge can shape a person…

Josiah
Published April 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about American Witch, please sign up.
Angela Piccolo Sorry, I don't have a solid answer for you on this one, but I think Thea answers this on her official webpage.

Start your review of American Witch (American Witch, #1)
Sophia Triad
One of the strongest beginnings I have read in a book where a contemporary story turns suddenly paranormal or
How a heartbroken middle-age housewife with a cheating sly disgusting husband becomes a witch.
Literally...

“I have no earthly idea what you’re talking about,” she enunciated to the calm, sane-looking lunatic who sat beside her. “You have me confused with someone else. Please excuse me.”
Swiveling with a speed that took her by surprise, he stared at her as if she were the lunatic. The dark
Nicola
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Thea Harrison is a name I’ve seen pop up on my feed a fair few times over the past couple of years and with plenty of positive reviews, so what better opportunity to dive in and test the waters for myself than with the first in a brand new series.

description It’s not every day one runs into an awakening witch.”

This was a bit of a mixed bag for me with aspects I loved and those less so, but the author did more than enough to keep me invested in the characters, story and series. And it all begi
Marta Cox
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
Oh my this author really got my attention with purple panties served in a cocktail glass ! Yes this story about Molly and her transformation from perfect wife to amazing Witch hits the ground running and totally surprised me. Molly isn't the typical heroine either as she's a mature woman and not some girl who acquires Powers at puberty. The traumatic event sees her weathering her own personal storm but can she trust the only person who seems to be offering help ?
Josiah is the new hot shot distri
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: American Witch
Author: Thea Harrison
Release date: April 29, 2019
Cliffhanger: No
Genre: paranormal romance

I'm a huge Thea Harrison fan, so when I saw she had a book coming out centered around witches that's tied to her Elder Races universe I was giddy with excitement. I read the entire Moonshadow series and several of the Elder Races books, many of which were five star reads. There are some authors you click with, and she's one of them. She's one of my top favorite paranormal authors for he
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Discovery. Empowerment. Coming Into Your Own.

Harrison is an author I enjoy. I like her Elder Race series and American Witch is in the same world. Their were things I loved and things not so much, but the author did enough to keep me engaged and spellbound in the story.

“She was the most dangerous woman he had ever met, and she didn’t yet know a fraction of what she was truly capable of.”

Molly, our awakening witch, is not your typical heroine. She’s in her 40’s which makes her a mature w
Kate
Thea Harrison is known for her paranormal badness and the Heroes that she can create. Dragon Bound is one of my favourite reads of all time.

When going into this I should have checked my expectations at the door, word of advice here, leave the Elder Races & the Moonlight Trilogy behind as this is something completely different.

I also can’t quite say if I am on board with this series or not, it has everything to make it a fantastic paranormal series as one can tell by the high ratings but I am in
Lady Heather
POWER CAN CHANGE A PERSON.

REVENGE CAN SHAPE A PERSON.

DANGER CAN BRING THEM TOGETHER.

"5 - Your Power Lies Within You STARS!"

This was such a good read and a great start to a new series!

The story is about Molly Sullivan coming into her power and her transcendence into becoming a powerful witch.

One of the major themes of this story is that Molly's power (not only as a witch, but as a person) lies within her.

No matter what anybody says to her, or does to her, or whatever else is happening in the wor
Aisling Zena
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75

I don't know what's wrong with me.. I quite liked it and it's set in the Elder Races world. The heroine and her powers were kickass but some things just didn't quite digest proper for me.

Like, the love card got pulled way too quick for me, though I loved the whole hate to love thing. I felt like it was missing something. I can't pinpoint it either. It felt like I didn't get enough info on the witch powers at points. Why is hers particularly so badass(was the author hinting and I missed it?)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
This was a great start to a new series. It wasn't what I was expecting, but it sucked me right in. It did have one small portion of the book that felt a little slow. It's one of those things that I think was needed to help set up background.

I felt this was a unique take on witches. I'll let you experience their secrets but I will say that the witches can live a longer life. So our couple Molly and Josiah, are an older couple.

Josiah is a hard man full of the need for revenge. That does get in h
Jacob Proffitt
This was an amazing find. The world-building was interesting, though we are constrained a bit because of the narrow territorialism of the various, uh, demesnes? We're told that night folk are in San Francisco and witches in Saint Louis and, uh, others I don't remember but included demons and angels and stuff. So magic is "out" but recent enough that some areas are "anti-magic" whatever that means. At any rate, our focal point is Molly as the anger of finally deciding she's had enough of her husb ...more
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️

4.5 Hocus Pocus Stars!!

I’m not going to write a long review since there are so many glowing reviews for this book. As always Thea Harrison did not disappoint. American Witch is the first book in TH’s new Trilogy set in her Elder Races world (you don’t need to have read the Elder Races Series to read this book since they’re not connected in any other way).

Molly Sullivan is our heroine and has just discovered her attorney husbands latest affair. She has reached her breaking point and confront
Somia
At the start of this book we see Molly’s ‘picture perfect life’ truly unravel, as she realises how skivvy her worm of a husband is, something she refuses to take laying down (anymore) - the depiction of this drew me in and I found myself eager to read on. When she crosses paths with powerful witch Josiah Mason, who witnessed the awakening of her powers, things take an interesting turn in both their lives, especially as whilst they clash, they find themselves attracted to one another. However, Jo ...more
aarya
This is a weird 3 star review because I loved the heroine and the writing style so much. I really did. I wanted to give them 10 stars. I even found the hero intriguing. The story was so engrossing. If you're a Thea Harrison fan, this book is guaranteed to be a good read. I think Molly might actually be my favorite Elder Races heroine to date. But in the end, I couldn't justify giving it 4 or 4.5 stars for the following reasons:

1) Midway through the book, a plot point emerged and (through no fau
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I'm a big fan of the Elder Races series. It has many 5 star reads.  This new series with witches in the United States is just my kind of thing because magic is my favorite. The world is just beginning and even now, there is much yet to be developed.

Molly is a competent woman who is just coming into power as a witch and as a per
Stacie
4 1/2 "Power" Stars!

This book started off with a bang and never really stopped. Molly and Josiah were volital in the best way! I loved them both! This book was all about coming into your power and purpose no matter how you do it. No matter how late it may come in life.

The story is set in The Elder Races world, but it is all brand new. None of the Domains or usually powerful beings play a part. So lovers of the Elder Races series may miss seeing them, but you won't miss them. Ot actually reads l
Jen Davis
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I am such a big fan of Thea Harrison and her Elder Races series. This is the first book in a new trilogy set in that world and even if you’ve never read one of Harrison‘s books before, you can easily jump in here. As made obvious by the title, this trilogy focuses on witches, particularly one who is just coming into her powers.

First of all, I love that Molly is an older heroine. She’s around 40 years old and her magical awakening comes due to a major disaster in her life rather than reaching a p
Laura (Kyahgirl)
I enjoyed this light and entertaining story of magic, romance, friendship. I like the Elder Races world and would have enjoyed seeing a bit more of the others we've met but a few flashes of Djinn was about the limit. The witches were interesting though so I'll read more when the series continues.
Crack A Book Cafe
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Prepare for all kinds of magic, action and a side of romance! Bestselling author Thea Harrison introduces readers to her new paranormal world of powerful witches.  A spin-off of her popular Elder Races series, Book 1 in the American Witch Trilogy centers around broody witch Josiah and burgeoning witch Molly.

Discovering her husband has cheated on her, Molly Sullivan’s life nosedives.  Coupled with the awakening of unknown powers, she’s struggling to keep up with the drastic changes in her life.
Ira
While the book ended with HEA, I knew this one is part of a trilogy.
So, I won’t say much but really love this new series.

I can’t wait to see what would happen next, the horrible villain still have his freedom and doing lots of nasty things! Molly really need to step up and learn faster about her own power! 😘

❤️❤️❤️
Mitticus
+Digital ARC gently provided by publishers via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review+

3.8

Molly's life changes forever when she decides to divorce her unfaithful husband after 20 years of marriage. Somehow she finds a force in her that is unknown, in more than one sense, because she discovers in this way that she is a witch. But not everything is spells and herbs in that world, because there are powerful individuals willing to do everything to obtain more power.

The only one who seems to know
Sunseeker☀️
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr
Tina
Jun 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
I remember when this author's first elder races book appeared on the scene. I remember reading a lot of praise for the book. People were out of their minds in love with it. The way people were talking about it, I expected someone who had really something new and different to say about PNR. But I was massively underwhelmed. I still don't get the hype for that book.

I decided to try again with this one. I read the blurb and it spoke to me. Also the audio is performed by one of my favorite voice per
Suz
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, pnr

I didn't realize this "new series" was in the Elder Races world. It was a bit like getting handed a gift. Don't worry, though, it's definitely a stand alone story and references to the Elder Races only serve to let a new comer know there is more if they want to pursue it and to remind those of us that have read at least some of the Elder Races of fond memories and connection. I liked that.

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would, not because of anything Harrison does but simply because
Douglas Meeks
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well I love books that start off with a bang and this one does it in spades. On page 1 Molly has just found out that her husband is cheating on her and things get really loud and noisy from there . Additionally, she is developing her witch powers a bit late in life but she has no clue what is happening for awhile and watching her evolution is part of what I found so entertaining about this book although at a point later in the book it seems to have moved on a lot faster than should have been exp ...more
Beth
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Molly Sullivan has just met with one of the most upsetting life changes, she discovers her husband has cheated on her again. Fed up she confronts her husband, initiating an even bigger life change…her magical witchy power. She had no idea magic existed, but she is confronted by one of her husband’s co-workers, Josiah Mason, a powerful witch in his own right.

While divorcing her husband, she uncovers papers that put a target on her life but might actually lead to what Josiah has spent centuries tr
Penni
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shiny-and-new, bom
3-1/2 *'s for this installment.
Mara
Apr 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Pretty interesting, even if not totally gripping.
Diana Francis
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I first learned of Thea Harrison when Patti Briggs said I should read her books. Sadly I was slow to get around to that, but discovered I love her writing very much. Still, with so much going on, I didn’t get to read very many of her books, though they remain waiting in the TBR mountain.

American Witch is her upcoming release, and you can get your hands on a copy on April 29th. I suggest you preorder.
So first, what it’s about. From the back cover copy:

Power can change a person…

For months Molly S
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
When I started this book, I was so excited. It was so freaking good. But in the final third of the book, it felt as though the author was trying to cram everything in to the book in summary.

I didn’t feel a real connection to her training and the people there was there were few scenes with dialogue and action. I didn’t get a scene as to why they would stand behind her.

Personally either there should have been more words or this book should have been broken into a series so more time could be spent
Cheesecake
The story opens with Molly's life exploding apart after she finds another woman's panties in her bed.
It was delicious!!!
Molly kicks ass and takes names all through the book, while at the same time she is a sweet caring person.
She's the epitome of that old ad, "I can take home the bacon, fry it up in the pan, and never, never let you forget you're a man."
Josiah is a man of many masks. But with Molly he discovers his old self and realizes with disappointment, how far he had come from that man (e

• Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Alpha Night (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #4; Psy-Changeling, #19)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
  • The Trouble With Witches (Shadowvale, #1)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles, #1)
  • Lachlan: Vampires in Europe (Vampires in America #13)
  • Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion, #2)
  • Dragon Unleashed (Fallen Empire, #2)
  • Love Hard (Hard Play, #3)
  • The Witchkin Murders (Magicfall, #1)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)
I write paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and other stuff. I taught myself to read when I was four. That was around the time I tried to ride my tricycle to work. I wasn't sure where work was, but I knew it had to be interesting if people went there every day. Now I combine my love of books with work, and I don't have to ride my tricycle to get there. My Elder Races series began May, 2011. You can ...more

American Witch (2 books)
  • Rogue Charms (American Witch, #2)

News & Interviews

“Molly, Molly, he thought. What a spectacular inconvenience you’ve turned out to be.” 4 likes
“I don’t understand how we got to this place. I didn’t even like you when I first met you.” 4 likes