Start by marking “Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party” as Want to Read:
Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party

Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party

(Pete the Cat)

A groovy New York Times bestseller!

From the bestselling Pete the Cat series, it’s a groovy pizza party that you don’t want to miss!

It’s a party, a party, a perfect pizza party!

That’s what Pete thinks as he piles the pie high with his favorite topping—pepperoni. But then his friends come over and add their own toppings to the pizza. Will Pete’s perfect pizza be ruined? There’s only one way to fi/>It’s/>Fromgroovy New
Published September 3rd 2019 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party

Start your review of Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party
Abigail
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Pete the Cat Fans
Pete the Cat returns in this eleventh full-sized picture-book devoted to his adventures, this time inviting all of his friends over for a pizza party. Our feline hero has definite ideas about what makes the perfect pizza - cheese and pepperoni, in his case - but each of his friends has their own favorite topping. Can Pete keep his cool, when each new idea is mentioned...?

Although not the best of the Pete the Cat picture-books (I tend to prefer the early ones, written by Eric Litwin), Pe
Georgette
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Different toppings on the pizza. Creative. About time he discovered pizza.
Bethe
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute Pete story with all the friends adding their favorite toppings to try something new. Envisioning a lesson with students creating their own pizza with same initial consonant toppings!
Elizabeth Majka
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Just like all the more recent PtC books, it's decent but not outstanding.
Meredith
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Pete the Cat hosts a pizza party.

Pete the Cat has a pizza party, and he and his friends disagree about what toppings make the perfect pizza. The result is a pepperoni, pretzel, pistachio, pickle, popcorn, papaya pizza. The moral looks like it will be too many chefs spoil the soup, but instead it is "the perfect pizza is a pizza shared with friends".

The endpapers show even wackier pizza toppings such as watermelon, cupcakes, and smelly socks.
Julianne Lefler
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Pete the Cat hosts a pizza party for him and all his friends. Each friend decides to add an ingredient to the pizza, most of which are uncommon toppings, like pretzels or papaya. With each new ingredient, the pizza has become more and more abstract, but in the end all the friends care about is sharing the pizza, together. This story emphasizes the importance of friendship. At first, Pete the Cat did not want to ruin his perfect pizza, but his love for his friends was greater than his selfish des ...more
Ina
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pete theCat is at his grooviest when he throws a party and this is THE perfect party. All Pete’s friends want different toppings and making his friend’s happy is important when throwing the perfect party. There are wonderful bright illustrations and text that has repeated phrases and rhyme that begs a story time audience to join in. All of the toppings begin with”P” so there is also an early literacy lesson embedded in a fun groovy read aloud.
Anthony
Pete the Cat loves pizza, and parties, so he decides to throw a pizza party, and invite all of his friends. Everyone had a different idea and taste of what topping should be on the pizza, but in the end with every topping that was suggested on the pizza, it made for a perfect pizza party, but that wasn't the best part.
Ann Chase
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Pre-K class LOVED this, with all of the "P" words and silly toppings (and compromise and sharing!) But what they loved best were the endpapers - they were rolling on the floor at the idea of a dirty sock pizza. We must have spent ten minutes studying the drawings. You just never know what will get them!!
Meredith
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-alouds
A new readaloud to add to my repertoire. Although it was a struggle to get one of the Ks to answer my question: "What do you notice about the words in the title?" Answer: Pizza. Me: "Well, yes, there is pizza, but what do you notice about Pete, perfect, pizza, party?" Answer: Pete. Me: "Think more about the sounds." Answer: Pete is making pizza.
Tiziana
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Pete the Cat hosts a pizza party for his friends. While his favourite pizza is the pepperoni kind, all of his friends want to add their own favourite toppings. They soon learn that the best kind of pizza is one they can share altogether as friends.
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
My good friend Pete! This one didn't disappoint. Pete's friends keep suggesting weird toppings for his pizza (all that begin with the letter "P"). Lots of repeatable lines that would be easy to get kids involved in.
Dabney Malugani
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is cute, bright, and would be excellent for learning the "P" sound since all the many toppings start with "P." These books are so popular and so wonderful to read out loud. The repetition, alliteration, and colors make it a fun book to read to others-- or just by yourself!
Christine Grant
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this new installment in the Pete the Cat series and all the children did too! Pete and his friends build their perfect pizza using crazy ingredients all starting with the letter P. It turns out "perfectly."
Nicole
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think this may be my favorite pete the cat story! It's all about pizza, friends, and fun!! I love that each friend adds something a little different to the pizza. Can't wait for my little friends to read this.
Becca Lehew
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Of the more recent Pete the Cats, this one is my favorite! The p-words are fun to say, the endpapers are hilarious, and who doesn't love pizza?
Julie
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My kindergarten students loved this Pete the Cat story with the really wild types of pizza! Loads of fun and alliteration.
Chance Lee
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-it
I think these Pete the Cat books are u-g-l-y, they ain't go no alibi, but all the crazy p-words in the book are fun to say, and there are some wild pizza ideas on the endpapers.
PWRL
Oct 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019-new
A
Mimi.Y
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
It was ok but that was to much stuff on the pizza.
Dawn
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book but of course, I love pizza! I think that my favorite part of the book was the diffenet types of pizza on the end pages!
Kelley
A fun addition to the Pete the Cat series that focuses on pizza, alliteration, and friendship.
 Ruth Noemi Rojas
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book with Callie and it was wonderful. She got it at her school book fair.
Kelly
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the alliteration in the book. I was reading it silently, but about halfway through I started to read it aloud. It was better reading it aloud. :)
Kate Buechler
This would make a good flannel board story
Megan Walker
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We love Pete the Cat!
Pam
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Tongue twisting story about Pete and his friends. This time they add all sorts of toppings beginning with p to a pizza. Fun to read and speak and also a lesson in trying new foods.
Alison N
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I like Pete. I like pizza. It's a great match and this story has a good lesson on trying new things. Much like!
Wendy
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Another Pete the Cat book - and the pizza party has started! Pete and his friends learn about each others food likes and build a whopper of a pizza. Will it be delicious?
Amy
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one is going to be a hit with both Pizza lovers and Pete lovers everywhere!!

• The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • I Am Love: A Book of Compassion
  • Llama Llama Mess Mess Mess
  • The King of Kindergarten
  • The Very Impatient Caterpillar

Pete the Cat (1 - 10 of 49 books)
  • Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes