Start by marking “Spine Chillers: The Firefly (Spine Chillers)” as Want to Read:
Spine Chillers: The Firefly (Spine Chillers)

Spine Chillers: The Firefly

(Spine Chillers)

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Leila sister has come down with a terrible fever that the doctors can’t explain. It started with the fireflies that mysteriously appeared in November, and then when she was visited by “the bug man.” When Leila confronts the FIREFLY that has made her sister sick she must make a terrible choice to save her sister or offer it another victim to satiate its terrible appetite! ...more

To ask other readers questions about Spine Chillers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spine Chillers

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·

Start your review of Spine Chillers: The Firefly (Spine Chillers)
Laura Thomas
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The fireflies appeared in autumn. Strange, as they’re only supposed to appear during the summer. Leila asked her mother for a net and jar to capture some in. They didn’t act like normal fireflies because… they weren’t. She spies something lurking in the woods. A bug man with skin the color of charcoal. She soon learns what it wants and has to make the toughest decision of her young life. Lives hang in the balance.

This book would have given me such shivers of delight when I was young. It did a
BookLoversLife
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
Leila sees fireflies outside her window, which is odd because they usually don't come out at this time of year. She catches some and leaves them in a jar overnight. When she wakes it's to see that one of the fireflies had eaten all the rest. Disgusted, she lets it go. After that, she starts to see a bug man, but it's not till her little sister starts to get seriously ill, and she sees the bug man feeding on her, that Leila realises she needs to find out what this is and how to get rid of it.

Sandra Lopez
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Fireflies! Leila loved to catch them. She didn’t expect to see a scary face in the woods. That’s when her little sister started having dreams about the Bug Man; the next morning, she gets a fever.

The way this thing starts almost sounds like the previous stories—with a face. I don’t even understand how the kid gets sick. Must’ve been the bug that flew in. Well, at least, Bug Man actually made an appearance in his grotesque and slimy form. What did Bug Man do to her sister?

Her sister’s fever was
Cathi
Jan 26, 2020

• The Dark Game
  • The Haunting of Henderson Close
I live in South Carolina with my husband and daughters. I graduated from the University of South Carolina with a BA in Media Arts and an English cognate. I started out as a graphic designer and then changed professions when I realized that writing was my calling. I enjoy reading, gaming, anime, manga, and horror.