Start by marking “What He Never Knew (What He Doesn't Know, #3)” as Want to Read:
What He Never Knew (What He Doesn't Know, #3)

What He Never Knew

(What He Doesn't Know #3)

I never learn my lesson.

And I always want what I can’t have.

When Sarah Henderson walks into my life, I tell myself she’s off limits. She’s my student, sixteen years younger than me, and my boss’s niece. It doesn’t matter that I see the same pain reflected in her eyes that I have in my own, or that the dead organ better known as my heart kicks to life when she’s around.
Published February 21st 2019
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about What He Never Knew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What He Never Knew

Start your review of What He Never Knew (What He Doesn't Know, #3)
KAS
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Wow!! What an emotionally stirring story!!

I was so excited to hear Reese was back and I couldn’t get my hands on this book fast enough.

We first meet Reese in the “What He Doesn’t Know” duet, and while I highly recommend you read them both beforehand to get the full picture, in all honesty this can be read as a stand alone.

Reese is the teacher, and Sarah is the student. He is thirty-seven, she is twenty-one. Both are scarred, lonely individuals. Both are fighting personal demons.

Trigger warning:
Kandi Steiner
Dec 13, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books

NOW AVAILABLE!
Included with your Kindle Unlimited membership!
amzn.to/2EjpBjr

For almost a year now, you've been messaging me about the What He Doesn't Know duet. It was over, but something didn't feel quite right. Someone was left out. Someone was broken. Someone still needed their HEA.⁣

And that someone's time is now.

What He Never Knew is NOW LIVE!

--------------------------------⁣

I never learn my lesson.⁣

And I always want what I can’t have.⁣

When Sarah Henderson walks into my life, I t
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I kissed her with the rain pouring down around us, a bolt of lightning lighting the sky above. And I knew in that moment that she was the missing puzzle piece I’d been looking for all along. I’d just had to walk the busted up, broken down road to get to her.

I absolutely loved the ”What He Doesn’t Know” series. I’m not one to shy away from stories that deal with cheating and that series had some gut-churning angst. At first, I was rooting for
Karla
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books

’WHAT HE NEVER KNEW’ is the third full length romance novel in Kandi Steiner’s ‘What he doesn’t know' series. Spoken in 'Dual POV'S' This is Reese and Sarah's story.

Twenty one year old Sarah Henderson had everything going for her, she's also the girl who cried wolf ‘The Prologue’ got it’s hooks into me straight away, I wasn’t expecting what occurred to be the first thing the author leads off and I knew it was going to be a rocky road.

Sarah had everything going for her, attending Br
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

With bated breaths, we were all wishing and hoping for Reese’s own story after witnessing the outcome of the Duet. With fingers crossed and time on our time on our side, we got our wish and the countdown to his happily ever after began. After all of the heartbreak and drama, this man was going to find the love of his life but the biggest question was, who was going to be the woman that would steal his heart?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“She was the light I thought I’d never see again, the purpose I thought I’d lo
Sentranced Jem
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS

PSX_20190216_160355

Title: What He Never Knew (What He Doesn't Know #3)
Author: Kandi Steiner

52090407_2107376356020358_9205587672498700288_o

NOTE: This is a Spoiler-free Review

Excuse me while I cry in the corner.
I think...I think I'm crying because I am happy and sad.
Reese broke my heart But then, so did Sarah.

I have been a huge fan of this series and I was so excited to finally read Reese's story. I mean who wouldn't be if you've read the other two books from the series, right?
To be honest, I was never fully satisfied with the way things turned out... the

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

I was a little hesitant to read Reese's story because I knew he would be hurting. However, I surely didn't think it would still be affecting him so much after two years.

Sarah is a "tad" younger than Reese but has experienced some serious things and is trying to deal with them in her own way.

They both are amazing on the piano and Sarah's uncle hires Reese to help her get back on her feet.

They both see something in each other that calls to them and they start opening up to each other. Ree
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“We don’t mean to hurt each other but we do.
And perhaps no matter how right we are for each other,
we’ll always be a little too wrong.”
-Beau Taplin

Kandi Steiner is most definitely a one click author for me and any time I pick up one of her stories I can always guarantee one wild ride that I never want to vacate. She always has the ability to draw me in from the very first word with her intricate and though provoking prose, the characters she creates and the multitude of emotions that
T.M. Frazier
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A MUST READ!
The Book Bee
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4 STARS
"Love doesn't play by the rules we have set for it in society."

If you do not want to ruin the What He Doesn't Know series before reading it, you probably don't want to step into this book because some things may be spoiled for the first two books.....but I can't imagine you don't know the outcome of those. It's been a while, yeah? No? Well, fair warning given. I will NOT spoil anything about ANY book in this series, but I'm pretty sure the synopsis gives away the outcome of th
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: February 21, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars

What He Never Knew is the third book in the What He Doesn't Know series. While the first two books are a duet, this one could technically stand alone even if you haven't read those ones. I personally recommend reading reading the series in order (you have to for the first two books) but you don't need to. That being said, this is a great book. Kandi Steiner does a wonderful job in stirring the emotions and this
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
***3 STARS***

I tried to enjoy the story of Sarah and Reese with everything in my soul but the disconnection was too strong. The way Sarah was presented as a black woman bothered me. I didn’t like it at all. Sarah was presented as a black woman through the eyes of an open minded white woman – with empathy and without understanding. We’ll get into that later.

I believe that authors should write stories about whatever they want regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or whatever without feeli
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I'd give a million trillion gazillion stars for Kandi Steiner's stunning prose alone. Her writing is as seamless and as lovely as her storytelling is captivating. Truly, I grow more and more awed by her writing style with each book I read.

It was beautifully satisfying to see Reese get the HEA he truly deserved. Together, Reese and Sarah have some monster demons to conquer, they have some heartbreaking history paving the broken road that leads them to one another. But their dynamic is forbidden
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
3 STARS!

What He Never Knew by Kandi Steiner was an emotional, raw and gripping story about two broken souls brought together by the beauty and power of music.

Why the low rating you ask? Well, I wasn't happy with Sarah. In the beginning I cried and my heart ached for her and Reese but as the story progressed Sarah began to annoy me. I needed her to be stronger and hold her head high, not allow herself to be influenced by others. I found her to be too immature for her age at moments. But above all
Carlene Inspired
Personal note that may spoil parts of the book if you've not yet read.
(view spoiler)
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh damn, this book...it was phenomenal. One of the best books I’ve ever come across if I’m being honest. This book moved me, it left me in awe!

ARC Received In exchange for an honest review

Reese, this man is a special kind of man. He’s handsome, strong and very in touch with his emotions. He’s going through things that are emotionally draining, things that destroy people with the grief that follows him but he’s still standing, he’s strong in his own way and he makes you fall so hard for him, you
Jessica
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to protect my heart every time I start a new Kandi Steiner novel. Since I absolutely LOVED the duet before this book, I knew my heart had to be prepared entering this book!

It's been two years since the love of his life didn't choose him. Now, Reese is just trying to make it day by day. When he takes on a new piano student for the headmaster of his school, he's shocked to find a broken girl that understands exactly the hurt and heartbreak he's dealing with. Sarah was broken to the point o
Laura Lee
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
What He Never Knew (What He Doesn't Know #3)
By: Kandi Steiner
4 Stars

I knew going into Reese and Sarah’s story it wouldn’t be an easy one to digest. Reese has had his fair share of bad luck in his life. From relationships to friendships to family, everyone he comes in contact with bad things happen.

While he chooses to punish himself daily with teaching at the same school that the woman he lost, he is trying to get over the heartbreak. Teaching, playing the piano part time at the restaurant and no
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦
4.5 Bring On The Angst Stars

What He Never Knew by Kandi Steiner was a angsty, gritty, love story that tore my heart in two. I laughed, cried, and damn near almost threw my kindle clear across the room. I'm still reeling at that ending. It was beautifully written and trust me when I say this, you need to read this book. Give Reese a chance.

In this story we learn more of Reese's backstory, why he is the way he is. It's been almost two years and he is still in love with Charlie. It utterl
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
4.25 Stars

This series has been a huge hit for me! It had everything I love: the unbearable angst, love triangle, and the PIANO! I took my time reading this 3rd and final book because I wanted to savor it. I wanted to really take it all in and the characters.

Maybe this book was extra special to me because I am a pianist and it just spoke to me, but also Kandi Steiner is such a great author you can’t help but come away from her books feeling a bit like your heart has been broken but put back toge
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A heart wrenching tale of age-gap love which wasn't supposed to happen but it just sprouts and blooms and sways to the beautiful piano music in midst of personal devastations. Kandi writes with a lot of heart. Tears flow out of her pen and she soaks the pages crimson with bleeding hearts. Very touching and invoking sympathy, her characters are real and vulnerable at all times.

description

“Like someone has their fist inside my rib cage, fingers wrapped around my heart in a vise grip.”
This book highlight
• Lisa •
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Book: What he never knew

Author: Kandi Steiner

Chatty romance book thoughts:
Over the last two years Kandi Steiner has become an author that I’ve admired - her attention to detail and genius in putting her stories to paper is a talent to not only be enjoyed but also appreciated. This particular book was one of my most anticipated releases of 2019 mainly because it features a character that I’d already fallen in love with but also because I consider myself a firm fan of this authors work. Kandi St
Courtney
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
The Queen of angst has done it again! Kandi delivered another emotional story that is guaranteed to make you feel everything.

If you read the duet, What He Doesn't Know, then you've already met Reese. He didn't get the woman he loved and has lost everyone else in his life, so he's resolved to his life of solitude and his piano. Until Sarah walks into his life and his piano lessons.

Sarah too has had her life's hopes and aspirations taken away and has chosen to stay away from everything but her pia
Na
"We are all just humans who want to feel like we're not alone, even when we are."

No matter how I start this review and no matter what words will follow, I can't do this book any justice. It came, it saw and it conquered: My mind, my heart, my soul.

"Sarah was an unstoppable force, like a Category 5 hurricane, and we'd all just been wrecked by her power."

What He Never Knew is incredibly touching, moving, real. Since IEWU by C. Hoover in 2016, a story that shook my bones to the core, no book after
Rachel
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
So many five star reviews and here I come bearing my two.

I was dead set against reading this book because I didn't like Reese in the two previous novels. I couldn't root for him to get the girl because the girl was married, maybe not happily married, but married nonetheless. So I was all set to ignore this until I checked out the reviews and saw it being listed as interracial. Downloaded the sample and well, my curiosity got the best of me.

This book also employs two tropes I try to steer cle
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
NO SPOILERS!

What He Never Knew was a beautiful, breathtaking, powerful, moving, and emotional love story that I absolutely loved with all of my heart and soul! The storyline and characters simply blew me away, and I was left in awe of Kandi Steiner’s talent. What He Never Knew has hands down been Kandi Steiner’s BEST novel to date, and I guarantee you’ll fall in love with it just as much as I did!

The storyline wasn’t what I originally expected for Reese and Sarah’s story, but I loved it nonethe
Elizabeth Sherrell (Elizabeth’s Pretty Little Reads)
6 Stars!

"And her scars didn’t scare me. They looked just like mine. I understood them —the shiny skin, the curve of the mark, the deep branding of the cut. I knew it all too well.”

If you’ve seen my previous reviews for What He Doesn’t Know and What He Always Knew, then you know that duet shook me to the core. Partly because Reese Walker stole my heart. I felt for this man and the tragedy that surrounded his life. In the end, my heart was ultimately shattered. With that being said, I was elat
Bozena
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
The third book in the series was an incredible emotional and heartbreaking story about Reese (the one without a HEA in the second book in the series).
I really really liked his story.
It was his struggle with life after Charlie and the darkness and loneliness, that was so heartbreaking to read about.
His never ending sadness that consumed him to the point of breaking. This book not only describes the slow process of healing after a heartbreak, but also of mourning the loss of his family.
Then th
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
3.5 Stars

Emotional, sexy romance! Now I definitely want to read Reese’s story in the earlier books of this series!

'What He Never Knew' is the third book in a series and although it can be read as a standalone, it does give away what happened in the other two books. I loved Reese and want to find out what happened in the earlier books. Reese is a lonely music teacher who finds himself with young Sarah as a student. Sarah has suffered a terrible trauma which sadly meant that she gave up her m
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Eleanor & Grey
  • The Man I Can't Have (Ward Duet, #1)
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Method
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • The Man I Need (Ward Duet, #2)
  • When Ashes Fall
  • Jersey Six
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • A Place Without You
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • When August Ends
  • Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)
Kandi Steiner is a bestselling author and whiskey connoisseur living in Tampa, FL. Best known for writing “emotional rollercoaster” stories, she loves bringing flawed characters to life and writing about real, raw romance — in all its forms. No two Kandi Steiner books are the same, and if you’re a lover of angsty, emotional, and inspirational reads, she’s your gal.

An alumna of the University of Ce

What He Doesn't Know (3 books)
  • What He Doesn't Know (What He Doesn't Know, #1)
  • What He Always Knew (What He Doesn't Know, #2)