Start by marking “Escaping Mortality (Escape Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Escaping Mortality (Escape Trilogy, #3)

Escaping Mortality

(Escape Trilogy #3)

Their ocean journey was successful, and Andrew and Edmund found an Elder just in time. As they wished, Edmund is now a vampire like Andrew. They have eternity together, but first, they must visit Edmund's ailing mother in the English countryside with their flock of immortals, including the Elder, who has taken an ominous liking to his new creation.

When they arrive at Edmun
Published January 28th 2019 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Escaping Mortality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Escaping Mortality

Shin Mon Thway
If you are a reader like me who’s obsessed with vampires and haven’t read this trilogy, my friend, I envy you very VERY much. 😁 Because unlike me, you now have the luxury to binge through all 3 books in this awesome trilogy and I had to impatiently wait between them. So yea, I envy you. 😏 That being said, I loved this final installment for this very enthralling and refreshing trilogy soooooo much. It was everything I hoped it would be. 💜

You would have thought escaping death so that they could be
Deborah
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the final book in this trilogy and it’s a good one.

Andrew, Edmund and crew find the Elder. Edmund is now immortal and the journey to England continues. Edmund settles well into life as a vampire better than he does with life back in London. He’s not the pretty young man who left the country so many years ago. He’s now a grown man happy in his own skin.

A lot happens in this book and it’s so much more than it’s 127 pages would suggest.

I’ve really enjoyed this trilogy. I say trilogy but it
Truuss
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, m-m
That was one glorious third and final installment of this series!!
It was exhausting because of the events. It was delicious because of the events and it was also emotional because of it.

Dear dear Edmund, what lies underneath the sweet eyes and dear smiles... something disproportionately, something huge.

The enormity and influence of Edmund given by the Elder is one of a kind.
Some abilities are just too much!

Between the heavy content I loved the light delicious popping in humor...
“I’ve become a
Trio
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-r2r, mm, dark
Escaping Mortality is the final episode in Sara Dobie Bauer’s captivating “The Escape Trilogy”. This series is a must for fans of vampire romances, but it’s also a beautifully written, exciting story line. One I’m recommending to everyone!

For me, the best part of this whole thing has been discovering the writing of Sara Dobie Bauer. Her lyrical prose paints such appealing scenes, and even the simplest phrases are vivid and descriptive. It’s easy to picture Andrew’s tropical island, the lush deba
Joyfully Jay
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Escaping Mortality finishes up Sara Dobie Bauer’s Escape Trilogy and I have really enjoyed this series. There has been a nice progression over the series between Andrew and Edmund, from the two men on a deserted island driven largely by their lust for one another, to men who have become true lovers and partners. There is a sweetness to their interaction, even as these are hard, dangerous men. We can really feel the love they have and the strong bond between them, ea
Lou~Silver Medalist in DNF's
ARC provided by the author in exchange for honest review

This is not a standalone, and neither is it really a trilogy. It is a single continuous story split into three (almost to a sentence) with no recaps. This frustrated me at the beginning of this particular book as it took me sometime to recall what occurred in the last and so was struggling to catch up to what was going on.

As in the first two books, the writing is impeccable. The story is okay, but as before, Bauer has managed to imbue it w
Elizabeth
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Again another fantastic instalment of the Escape Trilogy. I love these books so much. I read this in a few hours and again was totally hooked from the beginning. This book starts where the previous instalment ended and was full of intrigue from the offset.

I highly recommend this book series they will draw you in and leave you wanting more. Join Andrew and Edmund on the last part of their journey into immortality and follow them as they conquer the various trials and tribulations they encounter
Elizabeth Lister
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sara Dobie Bauer's vampires are a lot of fun.

In Book One of the Escape Trilogy - Escaping Exile - long suffering vampire, Andrew, finds a shipwrecked sailor washed ashore like a sea-tossed care package sent just for him. He quickly falls for the delectable and unpredictable human, and swears never to do him harm.

In Book Two, Escaping Solitude, Andrew falls more and more in love with the impulsive Edmund, agreeing to find an Elder vampire to change Edmund into an immortal being like himself.

In Bo
Lillian Francis
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was brilliant. The perfect ending to the trilogy. A dark historical vampire tale but with a beautiful love story.
The writing is rich and vibrant.
The relationship between Edmund and Andrew is beautifully written but never forgets the dangerous nature of the creatures they are.
And the epilogue is perfect.
Kirstin
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So so good. Sara Dobie Bauer has finished this series strong and as much as I hate to see it end, it was totally worth it.

This final book starts where the second book ended, with Edmund finding his elder and being half dead in the ocean. Nothing goes according to plan when Andrew is told he can't be the one to kill Edmund. Somehow, the elder has revived Edmund into immortality with a special ability, but it's one that is reliant on being in contact with him.

As they journey to London to get in t
Sandy S
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars—

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date January 28, 2019

When they arrive at Edmund's family estate, his sick mother and her loathsome best friend awai
Debbie
I was gifted my copy of this book, direct from the author, that I write a review was not required. But since I read and reviewed the other two parts, it's only fitting I review this one, too, don't you think??

This is the third and final book in the Escape trilogy and you rally MUST read the other two books first. You need to know how Edmund and Andrew found themselves in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, looking for an Elder!

Only Andrew has a say in these books, and THIS one, more than the other
Barb ~rede-2-read~
And the finale of the Escape Trilogy lived up to all expectations! Andrew and Edmund found the Elder just in time to save Edmund’s life. But…and it’s a very big but…the Elder seems to have a connection to Edmund that Andrew doesn’t share. And it’s something that might make or break his relationship with Andrew. Oh no…just when I thought it was safe and my favorite vampire couple was going to be able to live happily ever after—literally—it appeared something was going to stop that from happening. ...more
Shari Sakurai
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review*

Escaping Mortality is the final book in the Escape Trilogy. Andrew and Edmund’s search for an Elder was successful and Edmund is now a vampire. However the Elder shared more than just his immortality with Edmund and the ancient vampire insists on accompanying his new creation, much to Andrew’s displeasure. They journey to England to visit Edmund’s sick mother and the visit forces Edmund to confront the past that he tried to desperat
Georgiana
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“My heart is his prisoner.”

Edmund and Andrew have found one… yes, they finally find an Elder. Both men are surprised when Brien, the Elder, asks for something in return for turning Edmund. Something promised to Andrew.

“You can have anything,” Edmund says.
Brien leans forward and sniffs, seeking Edmund’s scent. “I want to kill you.”

But that wasn’t all that Brien had in mind and thus starts the next adventure. Edmund is changing, things are happening, he’s not sure what to do and only Brien ha
Shirley
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 - 5 stars

I've loved this trilogy made up of novellas. Escaping Mortality was about 127 pages, but it wasn't lacking at all. Although these short stories could have been contained in one volume, each one adds another layer to their relationship. Escaping Exile is the beginning for Andrew and Edmund. Escaping Solitude is their journey together toward an uncertain future and Escaping Mortality is the perfect ending (or continuation) of that journey. Each one, except for Escaping Mortality, end
J.L.
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: january-2019
Disclaimer: I received an ebook in exchange for an honest review.

The cliffhanger at the end of book 2 in this trilogy, Escaping Solitude, left me frantic. Luckily, this installment picks up mere moments from where the previous left off and continues the story without missing a beat. This trilogy of novellas will make for a seamless full book once released in that format.

In her paranormal writing, Bauer excels at showing the ways in which monsters are people, too. The plot to this finale comes fu
Karen Edwards
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you were waiting to read Escaping Solitude until Escaping Mortality came out, well here it is! The ending we've been waiting for. Andrew and Edmund make their way from New Orleans to England in this final tale. Twists and turns are abound. I totally love Edmund and Andrew's devotion and love that they have for each other despite the trials they face. This was a great vampire story and I totally enjoyed it. The epilogue is fantastic and hits the spot. A part of it did make me a little sad, but ...more
Osale
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The final book in the Escape Trilogy, and a very satisfying ending.

This book starts right after the end of Escaping Solitude, with the Elder boarding our heroes' ship. It feels a little slow at first, but just like the previous book a lot happens in this novella, so it doesn't take long for things to get interesting.

In this one Edmund has to deal with the changes withing himself after becoming a vampire, which is already difficult, but what truly makes him miserable is having to deal with the li
Cheryl
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you haven’t read the first two novellas of this series yet, you’re in luck because now you can binge all three! Escaping Mortality is the darkest and most eventful of the three novellas, and that’s saying something. Andrew and Edmund are reaching for forever in this final chapter with a couple of villains getting in their way. There is something deeply poetic about Edmund becoming immortal just in time to confront his life choices and the person he is.

Bauer’s perfect blend of incredibly reali
Mary Mary
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* I was gifted an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review *

AMAZING STORY!
This is the last part of Andrew and Edmund's love story and it might be my favorite.
This whole trilogy is my favorite m/m love story with vampires. It is fast paced, well written and has very likable MCs.
I felt like every book showed different type of battle. While the first book was about the beginning of Andrew and Edmund's relationship it was also about Andrew's fight to stay sane on his island, the second book w
Nicki Markus
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-lgbt
When Sara Dobie Bauer approached me to review the final book in the Escape Trilogy, I was keen to see how the series would conclude. Escape Mortality was a fun little read that I got through in a single sitting. It picked up right from the events that ended book two, and it was great to see Edmund's journey continue as he adjusted to his new vampiric nature, and the jealousy that sprang up between Andrew and the Elder. All in all, it was a satisfying conclusion to the tale, with a good blend or ...more
Erica
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm sad to see this series come to an end. It's been a lot of fun.

I feel like there were a lot of plot threads all coming together in this third installment. Maybe there's a little too much going on, because it felt like not as much time was devoted to atmosphere this time around. Still, at least all the plots were actually wrapped up; I hate unresolved plotlines, and I'm willing to sacrifice some ambiance if it means everything actually gets settled, lol.

There's an elder vampire and Edmund's mo
Susan
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Escaping Mortality by Sara Dobie Bauer via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review. This was an excellent finish to the Escaping trilogy. While normally I dislike anachronisms in historical fiction, there was one of my favorite lines used to good effect and made me LOL in a book otherwise not funny. I also was impressed with a new method of creating a vampire, an important tweak on the sharing of blood in most other vampires stories. I did not anticipa ...more
Susan Socci
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sara Dobie Bauer delivered a vampire love story like no other! Danger, mystery and travel. I binge read through all 3 books in less than 3 days. Who needs sleep, really?! I was captivated by the imperfect characters that weren’t afraid to be themselves and loved each other despite their flaws. This is a truly inspiring tale about excepting people for who they are, darkness and all, and the willingness to go to the ends of the earth to save the person that you love. This book brought a strong fin ...more
Stacey Escalera blog
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Escaping Mortality
This book was well worth the wait.
I love Edmund and Andrew and how well they work as a couple.
This book left off from book 2.
And this story didn't disappoint me at all.
This was a well written series.
This series will have u wanting to know more.
I felt like this book was awesome because Of the details and history
Of the event that play out through out the series.
Overall this book meet my expectations.
I voluntarily read an advance reader copy and my thoughts are my own.
Beth Laycock
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, vampires
The story picks up from the second book where Edmund and Andrew were searching for an elder, so if you haven’t read the first books you definitely need to read those first.

Escaping Mortality takes us to London in the final instalment of this dark vampire tale. Edmund and Andrew’s relationship takes another turn, but the love between these two is evident, and I loved the epilogue - just perfect for them.

If you're a fan of vampire tales with a bit of a twist and a little on the darker side I would
Deli
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the final installment of the Escape Triology.
I absolutely fell in love with this series with the first book. Everybody who loves vampire books definitely must read this series as its an awesome mix of the romance between Edmund and Andrew,and the dark side the vampire world brings.

In this third book Edmund discovers his new self as vampire while visiting his sick mother in England together with Andrew, their friends and not least of all, the vampire elder which seems rather intrigued by
LOLA
They are back. Edmund has been determined to become a vampire like his beloved Andrew.
Finally he gets what he wants plus a bit more.
Their journey takes them to England to deal with family.
Mischief occurs. Fights and drinking. All make for an excellent tale of a pirate and a vampire.
Well written and entertaining. The trilogy comes to an end.
Will look for more work in the future from this author.
Enjoyed all three books and so will you.
Sara Dobie Bauer is a bestselling author, model, and mental health / LGBTQ advocate with a creative writing degree from Ohio University. Twice nominated for the Pushcart Prize, she lives with her hottie husband and two precious pups in Northeast Ohio, although she’d really like to live in a Tim Burton film. She is author of The Escape Trilogy and Bite Somebody series, among others sexy things.

FOL

Escape Trilogy (3 books)
  • Escaping Exile (Escape Trilogy, #1)
  • Escaping Solitude (Escape Trilogy #2)