Start by marking “Broken Scars” as Want to Read:

Ruined. Tortured. Broken.

What could have been the perfect childhood, turned into a hell that the devil himself would shy away from. I was forced to deal with an evil that would make the darkest of souls cringe.

Lily Noel was scarred but beautiful. She was perfectly flawed and everything that I needed.

Attraction bordered on obsession.
Passion bordered on ecstasy.
Addic
Paperback, 1st edition, 320 pages
Published July 4th 2019 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Broken Scars, please sign up.
J.M. Walker As long as everything goes according to plan, I'll be releasing this book on July 26th. …moreAs long as everything goes according to plan, I'll be releasing this book on July 26th. (less)

Start your review of Broken Scars
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio - 4 Stars
Story- dnf at chapter 3 because I'm not connecting with the writing.
Sophie Ruthven
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow.
I probably shouldn't be writing a review right now as I'm still speechless and emotionally drained from this book, but I couldn't not shout from the rooftops about it.
EVERYBODY NEEDS TO READ THIS.
The author has hit it out of the park with this book, it was a long time in the making and now I understand why.
I'm not normally that emotional when reading, but this book had me jumping up and down and nearly breaking my kindle all the way through.
Rose lovers beware, you will despise them
Rose
Broken Scars By J.M.Walker
First I have to say that I think I've read every book that J.M. Walker has written. NOW, I have to say that Broken Scars has been the best book I've read from her so far. Second, when I saw the cover for the book well, you just say, WOW! Lucas Crane and Lily Noel story is so intense and emotional that I cannot find the words to describe the feelings I had when I finish the book. The plot is breathtaking, you will laugh, cry, get mad, curse a little, swoon and fell in lo
Nicole Patterson
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This book was something. Ok so Lucas has such a bad past. The sexual abuse was horrendous. Lily also had a bad past. Both suffer from addiction. They meet when they needed each other without even knowing it. They faced a lot of obstacles. A lot. There was also a couple twists in there that I was not expecting. This was my first book by J.M. Walker. It was really good.
CeCe
Aug 17, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Did not work for me. It all felt forced and awkward. I see what the author was trying to do, but it did not flow.
Hero is a tattoo artist and the heroine is a hacker.
DNF.
It would have been better if author stuck to one POV.
Coco.V
Oct 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/14/2019)! 🎁
Kim BookJunkie ~ Editor & Proofreader
Lots of repetition (rub/rubbed the back of my/his/her neck/nape is said 36 times), the author/editor don’t follow grammar and punctuation rules, and the ending was rather anti-climactic, but the majority of the story... It was SOOOO much more than I initially expected! I loved the male mc’s super dark past which comes back to terrorize him literally and emotionally!!!
J.M. Walker
Jul 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

A LITTLE HISTORY:
Lucas Crane has been a side character throughout most of my older books but now he finally gets his happily ever after.

AUTHOR NOTE:
Please don't take the warning lightly. This is a dark book, so if you have any triggers, please read with caution.
Janneke Wolbers
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aww man. JM Walker just rips out your heart stomps on it several times then puts it back.
I absolutly loved Lucas and Lily!
Wish there would be more even!
Leah Finger
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was by far the best book I have read of 2019! I have loved Lucas since he was just a side character, having his life laid out for me was amazing! I laughed, I cried, a said a few bad words... it was perfect! I stayed up all night because I couldn’t put it down!
Tenise
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was freaking fantastic! I love a good romantic suspense and JM Walker did not disappoint with this one. Broken Scars touched all of my emotions. I laughed, I cried, I yelled at my kindle like they could actually hear me. Yep! It made me look crazy, but I don't care. That makes it a real winner in my book.
Lily is a sweet woman whose life hasn't always been perfect. She lives with her grandma, works at a retirement home, and spends the majority of her free time alone. And she is fine wi
Bookaholic Mommy
Feb 24, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is so good, God!!!!
This book broke my heart , challenged my patience.... That bonus scene ( still fresh ) had me tearing up like a fu©king baby 😭😭😭😭😭
And please don't let me start on the spice 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️(out of this world ). (My husband sends his appreciation😉😉)
And The amount of quotes that would set the bar toooo d@mn hight about what love should be is sooo goood.

Here are some :

*" I am yours, Lily. And only yours. I’ve never given myself to anyone like I’ve given myself t
Carrie
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a super tough story for me. I was excited to read it, and had done my due diligence to see if it would be too dark for me because the description definitely warns of dark situations. Unfortunately, I still found it too dark for me.

Things that weren't for me:
- Lots of descriptions of the abuse Lucas suffered as a child. Just too much repetitive detail of the abuse for my liking.
- LOTS of sex; pages & pages of sexy times over & over again. This took away from my enjoyment of the overal
Ri
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

The blurb of this book intrigued me. What I found inside almost broke me. The things Lucas endured were horrendous. My heart ached for him. I liked That Lily helped him heal. That being said, other parts of the story I struggled with. The story at times drove me nuts. Lily was hard for me to like much of the time with her back and forth. Parts of the Story and characters from the past didn't seem to make sense as to why they even needed to be there.

Lucas and his backstory kept this book
Tami czenkus
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a story that is all cuddles and rainbows.... this is NOT the story for you!!
BUT.... If you like RAW, PASSIONATE stories that rip your soul open and leave you emotionally wrecked... Broken Scars is definitely the book for you!!
Lucas and Lily are both broken souls trying to navigate life on their own not realizing that what they needed was right around the corner!!
I was so intrigued with this story that I felt like I was feeling what Lucas and Lily were feeling througho
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Where do I begin with this review without ruining it for anyone. This is one of those books that must be read because it is effing amazing! I mean I was reading it and getting pissed every time life got in the way and I had to put it down. I could not get enough of Lucas and Lily. They are meant for each other but it takes some time to get there.

One day Lily walks into a tattoo shop and meets this gorgeous rugged man named Lucas. The two of them have spark right away but they are both guarded. A
Jennifer Scarn
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lucas is quite easily one of my most beloved hero’s, he just makes it so easy. He’s tortured and scarred. He has every reason to quit or become a mean menace, but he doesn’t. He had a good heart, a sweet spirit. He’s recovering, he’s succeeding against all odds. The chemistry between he and Lily goes beyond the surface and reaches deep into their souls. She is someone who truly sees him and I admire her fight and deep desire to be what he needs while still standing up for herself. Add in some gr ...more
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Lily and Lucas both have baggage and scars that run deep. Something immediately draws them to each other. Lily sees Lucas for who he is, and she may be the first to see what's underneath the tattoos. She's willing to take the good and the bad, nightmares and all. There relationship is passionate and fast. But there is such a rawness to it. They strip each other bare, no hiding behind the scars.

Broken Scars is an emotio
Cynthia Carpenter
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are no words that I can say that will do this book any kinda of justice. Lily and Lucas their story is raw, emotional, beautiful, real and down right amazing. These two have heart aches and heartbreaks thur out their lives and to overcome them is hard and complicated. This book will pull you in and break your heart and soul and with a lota of twists and turns you won't see anything coming. Can't wait to read more from this author. ...more
Kim  Brewing
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Their pasts are not pretty but could a future together help heal their broken scars?

I loved both of these characters. They have worked hard to be where they are today. It took me a couple of chapters to really get into the story, but I'm glad I kept reading. There were so many twists and turns and it ended with an absolutely wonderful epilogue.
Judy Robichaud
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ೋღღೋ ═════ ೋღღೋ
My review by Judy Robichaud/
Dare to Love Romance Reviews
Broken Scars by J.M. Walker
ೋღღೋ ═════ ೋღღೋ

WOW JUST WOW! BROKEN SCARS LITERALLY BROUGHT ME TO MY KNEES AND STOLE MY HEART. I MAY NEVER RECOVER! AMAZING 5-STAR READ!

Wow, just wow. Talk about a book hangover… Do you love dark romance? I sure do. It's totally my jam, my favorite genre of romance. If you love it like I do, then step right up and get ready to lose yourself while you take a walk on the very dark side and read this
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
Beautiful Pain was one of my favorite books a couple years ago. I can't wait to see how Broken Scars measures up. No pressure JM! ;-) ...more
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Well, well, well Lucas. It took you HOW MANY YEARS to finally tell your story to JM and man….was it a good one!!

JM asked me what my description of Lucas is. I said he is her most Alpha guy yet….but then thinking on it, he is also the sweetest g
Jolene Huber
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two Wrongs Can Make It Right.

This book is about different kinds of abuse and addiction. It may contain triggers in some. I absolutely loved the story. It has all the elements. It is emotional, action packed and keeps you guessing what could possibly happen next. Lucas is a tattoo artist who specializes in covering scars. Considering he is covered in both scars and tattoos he knows what he is doing. He is a beautiful tortured soul. Lily is struggling to find her way. After finding out the man sh
Ann
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
For me this book rated 3.5 stars. While the flow was good, I found quite a bit of repetitive words and lines throughout , which was annoying. I appreciated the characters of Lucas and Lily. Their development was integral for the storyline. This book dealt with very troubling topics which were realistically addressed. My favourite charcter was Ethel, Lily's grandma. She was straight- talking, swearing and smart cookie. ...more
Patti
Aug 08, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Poor Lucas and the abuse he when through. 😢
~ His nightmares/memories were heartbreaking
But...
I don't know I guess this was a miss for me.
~ There is a lot of repetition, mostly on Lily's side.
~ I had a hard time with Lily's character too.
~ The sex scenes start off all hot and heavy, but they just fell flat for me in the end. All the right words were there but I didn't feel the connection.
DNF @ 45%
Wendy
Apr 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
You remember when you were in high school and you would write whatever fan fiction you wanted and in that fan fiction one bad thing after another just kept happening before it got to be just too much? And then you got embarrassed by it cause it was so bad that no one should be allowed to read it? Yeah, that was this book.
Bette
Oct 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Brilliantly Compelling & Intense Story & Audible Listen🎧📚🎧

By: J.M. Walker
Narrated by: Bridget Bordeaux, Scott Rose

This book completely wowed me, the story drew me in right from the start, grabbing my attention and captivating it for the entire book, it also tugged on my heartstrings like no other and there were several gut-wrenching moments that definitely broke off a piece of my heart. This is my first book written by J.M Walker, she has an impressive writing style, her descriptiv
Gayle
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes in life we are faced with the darkest of events. Tormenting events that are life altering. Situations that completely tear you down, crush your soul, shatter your heart and leave a dark and dangerous void that can never be filled.
As an adult it’s hard to digest the hurt, pain and fear of situations like these….

But what if you were a child?

What if as a child you were thrown into a system where the system failed you?
What if as a child you are surrounded by monsters, ready to unleash th
Christina
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm honestly not sure where to begin with this review. Why? Because I've literally watched this author grow through her books. Not only in the way she writes, but in the way she makes "us" feel while we read her work. And when she releases a book like this....this incredibly emotional based masterpiece, I find it hard to express exactly how I feel...because she made me feel EVERYTHING!

Lily is a survivor. She's had quite the life and struggles with putting one foot in front of the other, so to sp
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Dark of You
  • Hurt Like Me
  • They Call Me Teddy
  • Her String of Pearls (Iron Elite, #1)
  • Vicious Punks (Dolls and Douchebags, #2)
  • Unleashing Sin
  • Broken (Sins of Our Fathers, #1)
  • Spiteful Punks (Dolls and Douchebags, #1)
  • Wrath (The Deadliest Sin #1)
  • Crowned with Guilt (Remember the Reaper, #1)
  • Cleansed with Fire (Remember the Reaper Book 2)
  • Pitch Dark
  • When Darkness Consumes
  • Exposed (Wraith Royals, #1)
  • Break Me (Shattered, #1)
  • Still Beating
  • Sinful Protector (Roughshod Rollers MC Book 2)
  • Dirty Debt
J.M. Walker is an Amazon bestselling author who hit USA Today with Wanted: An Outlaw Anthology. She loves all things books, pigs and lip gloss. She is happily married to the man who inspires all of her Heroes and continues to make her weak in the knees every single day.

"Above all, be the HEROINE of your own life..." ~ Nora Ephron