Start by marking “Broken Scars” as Want to Read:
Broken Scars

Broken Scars

Ruined. Tortured. Broken.

What could have been the perfect childhood, turned into a hell that the devil himself would shy away from. I was forced to deal with an evil that would make the darkest of souls cringe.

Lily Noel was scarred but beautiful. She was perfectly flawed and everything that I needed.

Attraction bordered on obsession.
Passion bordered on ecstasy.
Addic
Paperback, 1st edition, 320 pages
Published July 4th 2019 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Broken Scars, please sign up.
J.M. Walker As long as everything goes according to plan, I'll be releasing this book on July 26th.

Start your review of Broken Scars
Sophie Ruthven
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow.
I probably shouldn't be writing a review right now as I'm still speechless and emotionally drained from this book, but I couldn't not shout from the rooftops about it.
EVERYBODY NEEDS TO READ THIS.
The author has hit it out of the park with this book, it was a long time in the making and now I understand why.
I'm not normally that emotional when reading, but this book had me jumping up and down and nearly breaking my kindle all the way through.
Rose lovers beware, you will despise them
Coco.V
Oct 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/14/2019)! 🎁
Nicole Patterson
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This book was something. Ok so Lucas has such a bad past. The sexual abuse was horrendous. Lily also had a bad past. Both suffer from addiction. They meet when they needed each other without even knowing it. They faced a lot of obstacles. A lot. There was also a couple twists in there that I was not expecting. This was my first book by J.M. Walker. It was really good.
Rose
Broken Scars By J.M.Walker
First I have to say that I think I've read every book that J.M. Walker has written. NOW, I have to say that Broken Scars has been the best book I've read from her so far. Second, when I saw the cover for the book well, you just say, WOW! Lucas Crane and Lily Noel story is so intense and emotional that I cannot find the words to describe the feelings I had when I finish the book. The plot is breathtaking, you will laugh, cry, get mad, curse a little, swoon and fell in lo
Janneke Wolbers
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aww man. JM Walker just rips out your heart stomps on it several times then puts it back.
I absolutly loved Lucas and Lily!
Wish there would be more even!
Leah Finger
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was by far the best book I have read of 2019! I have loved Lucas since he was just a side character, having his life laid out for me was amazing! I laughed, I cried, a said a few bad words... it was perfect! I stayed up all night because I couldn’t put it down!
Tenise
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was freaking fantastic! I love a good romantic suspense and JM Walker did not disappoint with this one. Broken Scars touched all of my emotions. I laughed, I cried, I yelled at my kindle like they could actually hear me. Yep! It made me look crazy, but I don't care. That makes it a real winner in my book.
Lily is a sweet woman whose life hasn't always been perfect. She lives with her grandma, works at a retirement home, and spends the majority of her free time alone. And she is fine wi
Carrie
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a super tough story for me. I was excited to read it, and had done my due diligence to see if it would be too dark for me because the description definitely warns of dark situations. Unfortunately, I still found it too dark for me.

Things that weren't for me:
- Lots of descriptions of the abuse Lucas suffered as a child. Just too much repetitive detail of the abuse for my liking.
- LOTS of sex; pages & pages of sexy times over & over again. This took away from my enjoyment of the overal
Tami czenkus
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a story that is all cuddles and rainbows.... this is NOT the story for you!!
BUT.... If you like RAW, PASSIONATE stories that rip your soul open and leave you emotionally wrecked... Broken Scars is definitely the book for you!!
Lucas and Lily are both broken souls trying to navigate life on their own not realizing that what they needed was right around the corner!!
I was so intrigued with this story that I felt like I was feeling what Lucas and Lily were feeling througho
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Where do I begin with this review without ruining it for anyone. This is one of those books that must be read because it is effing amazing! I mean I was reading it and getting pissed every time life got in the way and I had to put it down. I could not get enough of Lucas and Lily. They are meant for each other but it takes some time to get there.

One day Lily walks into a tattoo shop and meets this gorgeous rugged man named Lucas. The two of them have spark right away but they are both guarded. A
Jennifer Scarn
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lucas is quite easily one of my most beloved hero’s, he just makes it so easy. He’s tortured and scarred. He has every reason to quit or become a mean menace, but he doesn’t. He had a good heart, a sweet spirit. He’s recovering, he’s succeeding against all odds. The chemistry between he and Lily goes beyond the surface and reaches deep into their souls. She is someone who truly sees him and I admire her fight and deep desire to be what he needs while still standing up for herself. Add in some gr ...more
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Lily and Lucas both have baggage and scars that run deep. Something immediately draws them to each other. Lily sees Lucas for who he is, and she may be the first to see what's underneath the tattoos. She's willing to take the good and the bad, nightmares and all. There relationship is passionate and fast. But there is such a rawness to it. They strip each other bare, no hiding behind the scars.

Broken Scars is an emotio
Cynthia Carpenter
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are no words that I can say that will do this book any kinda of justice. Lily and Lucas their story is raw, emotional, beautiful, real and down right amazing. These two have heart aches and heartbreaks thur out their lives and to overcome them is hard and complicated. This book will pull you in and break your heart and soul and with a lota of twists and turns you won't see anything coming. Can't wait to read more from this author.
Kim  Brewing
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Their pasts are not pretty but could a future together help heal their broken scars?

I loved both of these characters. They have worked hard to be where they are today. It took me a couple of chapters to really get into the story, but I'm glad I kept reading. There were so many twists and turns and it ended with an absolutely wonderful epilogue.
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
Beautiful Pain was one of my favorite books a couple years ago. I can't wait to see how Broken Scars measures up. No pressure JM! ;-)
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Well, well, well Lucas. It took you HOW MANY YEARS to finally tell your story to JM and man….was it a good one!!

JM asked me what my description of Lucas is. I said he is her most Alpha guy yet….but then thinking on it, he is also the sweetest g
Jolene Huber
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two Wrongs Can Make It Right.

This book is about different kinds of abuse and addiction. It may contain triggers in some. I absolutely loved the story. It has all the elements. It is emotional, action packed and keeps you guessing what could possibly happen next. Lucas is a tattoo artist who specializes in covering scars. Considering he is covered in both scars and tattoos he knows what he is doing. He is a beautiful tortured soul. Lily is struggling to find her way. After finding out the man sh
Ri
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

The blurb of this book intrigued me. What I found inside almost broke me. The things Lucas endured were horrendous. My heart ached for him. I liked That Lily helped him heal. That being said, other parts of the story I struggled with. The story at times drove me nuts. Lily was hard for me to like much of the time with her back and forth. Parts of the Story and characters from the past didn't seem to make sense as to why they even needed to be there.

Lucas and his backstory kept this book
Ann
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
For me this book rated 3.5 stars. While the flow was good, I found quite a bit of repetitive words and lines throughout , which was annoying. I appreciated the characters of Lucas and Lily. Their development was integral for the storyline. This book dealt with very troubling topics which were realistically addressed. My favourite charcter was Ethel, Lily's grandma. She was straight- talking, swearing and smart cookie.
Gayle
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes in life we are faced with the darkest of events. Tormenting events that are life altering. Situations that completely tear you down, crush your soul, shatter your heart and leave a dark and dangerous void that can never be filled.
As an adult it’s hard to digest the hurt, pain and fear of situations like these….

But what if you were a child?

What if as a child you were thrown into a system where the system failed you?
What if as a child you are surrounded by monsters, ready to unleash th
Christina
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm honestly not sure where to begin with this review. Why? Because I've literally watched this author grow through her books. Not only in the way she writes, but in the way she makes "us" feel while we read her work. And when she releases a book like this....this incredibly emotional based masterpiece, I find it hard to express exactly how I feel...because she made me feel EVERYTHING!

Lily is a survivor. She's had quite the life and struggles with putting one foot in front of the other, so to sp
T
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow...this book...just WOW!

I actually had to take a few days "off" after reading it so I could wrap my head around everything before I could even start this review.

The emotion and angst have you going from the top of the feelings rollercoaster to freefalling and going right into a series of non-stop loops! Seriously, just about the time you think you have your blood pressure and pulse down, JM manages to ramp them up and rip your heart out again.

I am not sure if I wanted to have Lucas go all alp
Kristi Metcalf
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader’s Copy of this book.

Ok, so I am so sorry to report that I only sorta remembered Lucas. I mean yes when we first met him as a side character I was curious, but unfortunately he slipped my mind with the other alpha’s of JM Walker’s mind grapes filling it. That being said let me beg Walker’s forgiveness for forgetting him because man oh man i am so very happy that he got his own book.
Lucas and Lily’s story is sooo awesome, it’s like Reńee Zellweger says in
Marnie
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🔥 🔥 A raw, powerful, brutal and beautiful love. 🔥🔥

Raw, powerful, brutal and beautiful is how I describe Broken Scars, and JM Walker deserves every accolade that she has received for this book. It is a book that you want to race to get through, yet don’t want to finish reading. It was all that and more. And, the steam level is on super-heat because this couple were very physical in expressing their love.

One of the things I love most about heroes like Lucas is that in my mind, they’re not only her
Kelly Marie
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You have to read this! I am having a hard time formulating feelings into words for this review. There are soooo many feelings with this story. There is a haunting past that Lucas lived through, and survived. He copes with this day to day, with some days being better than others. One rainy night, Lily just drops in his shop out of nowhere. And these two have a connection that is incredibly intense. The kind of connection that is felt deep down in the soul. These two both have scars. Scars on the ...more
Lauren
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this.

I almost didn’t read this because I usually stick to the OTT alpha male books that overcome everything and protect their women at all costs. But wanting something a little different I forced myself to read this story and holy hell was I glad I did.
Lucas was an abuse victim (dark themed abuse) as a child and he became a drug addict and alcoholic but got his life together and had a tattoo shop. Lily, also an alcoholic got her life together after giving herself to men for alcohol. He m
Polly Barreto
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trigger Warning: *This book contains dark themes including sexual assault and past child abuse*

This was my first read by Ms. Walker and I literally have no words. I had to take a few days after reading this book to even begin my review.

This book was brutal and also beautiful to read and one that will stick in my mind for quite some time. Lucas Crane and Lily Noel are both broken and have scars that run deep. Lucas…holy cow did my heart hurt for that boy/man. What he went through as a child, just
Sophie Koufes
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Broken Scars exhibits a magnum opus of writing. Author J.M. Walker is the empress of flirty sexy reads with inscrutable danger lurking through the pages. This novel exudes this in spades. Bleeding through the pages are insatiable moments. Swirling through the narrative are not in the cards twists that captivate you.
Character's are compelling with complex personalities and relationships. Supporting character's roles are intricately weaved with the mc's. Sprinkles of witty banter entwined througho
Georgette
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Getting to read this book early was an honor and let me get my feelings together before I wrote this review.
I can't even put into words how much this book touched me. The fact that JM wrote a male character who was just as broken as he was strong is something to be admired. I don't like to see every male character as strong steady alphas. Lucas's journey in his world was one of pain, abuse, and sorrow. I'm so happy he was able to fight through and be strong enough to survive. Not many, in the r
Tiffany Copple
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars for Broken Scars by J.M. Walker. This is my first book from this author but it won’t be my last. The plot of this book will leave you breathless. I had tears in my eyes through most of the book. Lucas has a rough start in life. He is covered in scars and tattoos , he is dark and seems dangerous. Lilly has a dark history also. Both of them are dealing with major issues but they could be what help each other. The story between them isn’t all roses. They have ups and downs. The plot twist i ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Always Me (Shattered, #2)
  • Deranged: A Dark MC Romance (American Street Kings Book 3)
  • Reaper (Ruthless Kings MC, #1)
  • Depraved
  • Nova (The Kings of Retribution MC, Louisiana, #3)
  • The Tracker (The Dregs, #1)
  • The Fighter (The Dregs #2)
  • The Healer (The Dregs #3)
  • Defiant: A Dark MC Romance (American Street Kings Book 2)
  • The Smuggler (The Dregs #4)
  • Her Dominant Neighbor (Alphas & Innocents)
  • Storm the Castle (Marry the Scot, #1)
  • Captured By Their Claws: Paranormal Reverse Harem Romance (Love's Hollow Auctions Book 6)
  • Blood & Bones: Trip (Blood Fury MC, #1)
  • Fire of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #1)
  • Under Lock and Key
  • The Bet (Menage in Manhattan #1)
  • Resisting the Brit (Dirty Hot Resistance, #1)
J.M. Walker is an Amazon bestselling author who hit USA Today with Wanted: An Outlaw Anthology. She loves all things books, pigs and lip gloss. She is happily married to the man who inspires all of her Heroes and continues to make her weak in the knees every single day.

"Above all, be the HEROINE of your own life..." ~ Nora Ephron