Start by marking “Kingdom Cold (Kingdom Cold #1)” as Want to Read:
Kingdom Cold (Kingdom Cold #1)

Kingdom Cold

(Kingdom Cold #1)

Attempted murder, that's how sixteen-year-old Princess Charlotte's engagement starts. It seems like the only thing she has in common with Prince Young of Vires is their mutual discontent.

When her kingdom's attacked, Charlotte's parents renegotiate her hand in marriage to a handsome stranger with a sinister plan. With the people Charlotte loves dying around her, and her kin
Published February 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom Cold, please sign up.
Brittni Chenelle There's a sequel with Minseo as the main character. EEEEEEP! <3. It's currently available for pre-order and will be out June 15th. It's safe to announ…moreThere's a sequel with Minseo as the main character. EEEEEEP! <3. It's currently available for pre-order and will be out June 15th. It's safe to announce that this will be a 3 book series. (less)

Start your review of Kingdom Cold (Kingdom Cold #1)
Hamad
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

“Marriage was the duty of every princess, and love was the cost.”

🌟 Self-published authors never cease to amaze me and Brittni is no exception to this rule. I mean given that they do all the work, you would think the quality will be affected but I can assure you it is not. Brittni offered me a physical copy of the book in exchange of an honest review but all opinions are mine!

🌟 Fantasy Standal
Tabi  (ᕗツ)ᕗ
Jun 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
'The pain I'd caused remained fresh and my mind became an endless cycle of the same question: What was it all for?'

description

Boy oh boy do I have so much salty tea to spill about this book. But first, I will put a disclaimer: that I do not write this for the purpose of attacking the author nor do I condemn her . . . I just have issues with this book. And since there is A LOT of opinions I have to unpack about this, some of them accompanied by an embittered attitude, buckle up for a long rant that I've bee
Darinda
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
It has been arranged for Princess Charlotte of Besmium to marry Prince Young of Vires. Charlotte is not excited about marrying Young, and their relationship gets off to a rocky start. However, before the nuptials take place, Besmium is attacked. It is up to Charlotte to decide what is right for her kingdom.

Told with alternating points of view from Princess Charlotte, Prince Young, and a a few other characters. Most of the story is from Charlotte and Young's POVs, but a few chapters are from othe
Vishnu Chevli
Attractive cover and YA genre, these two things caught my attention when "Kingdom Cold" book's reached my mailbox. I checked the blurb of the book, which seems good enough. SO I took the chance and said yes for the review copy. Don't worry that doesn't mean our review is biased, we are here to give our honest feedback.

The protagonist of our story is Princess Charlotte of Besmium and Prince Young of Vires. Charlotte was kind of an immature character (when the story started). Prone to her stature,
Dianne
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
KINGDOM COLD is Brittni Chenelle’s answer to “How to write something completely alive, fresh and filled with the unexpected!” She has not given us a simple storybook princess waiting for her storybook prince. This author has given us characters to believe in, from Charlotte who is being forced to marry for political reasons, to Young, her unwanted future husband, to his brother, who has fallen for Charlotte.

Although written for the young adult audience, trust me, this one is not a childish tale
 Teodora
Even though I wasn't a big fan of the MC's egocentric nature, I kind of enjoyed this book. It was enjoyable and fun and very easy to read. Characters are very well constructed and the plot develops nicely, e4ven though sometimes it is hard to get comfortable with the scene transitions.
Mel (Epic Reading)
May 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-floab
So much potential exists in Kingdom Cold. Unfortunately it is squandered. I don't know if it was because cuts were made, entire scenes were never written or the author just made poor decisions on when to show us the action and when to make it a passing remark. What I do know is that in each instance it felt like the wrong decision was made.

Epic Fantasy
There is real potential here for a great, young adult epic fantasy story. Our characters are all fairly well established (although I think a lot
Shalini
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Kingdom cold
This was one of my fast reads. Some parts were good, some were weird. I had to skim read them. The twists were refreshing, some of them quite unexpected. The story went like this. Princess Charlotte was to marry Prince Young for the security of the kingdom, but they were attacked, her father was captured, she escaped with Young, met Emmett, came back to the kingdom. She was then to marry Emmett and Young was imprisoned. His brother saved him, Young later married Charlotte, and his br
Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
You can read all my review on Blog - Books Teacup and Reviews

Kingdom Cold was YA fantasy romance that revolved around love story of Princess Charlotte of Besmium and Prince Young Vires. It was about love, friendship, betrayal, power greed, game of love and politics.

Characters-

Charlotte – First thought about her was, childish, insensitive, and insincere. But when situation turned sour and dangerous, she developed into brave and wise and sensible woman. I admired her for strength and capability o
chloe yeung ♡
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
i want to read this so bad & the author actually sent me a review request in january but being the stupid person i am, i opened the email six months late and the link to my review copy has already expired 😭😭

update [7/7/2019]: i'm so, so excited omg - the author's the kindest, and she sent me a new review copy! can't wait to begin reading this ♡

my thoughts

i received a review copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. all opinions below are my own.

kingdom cold was a shor
belle ☆ミ (mybookcastle)
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019, diverse, ebook

Kingdom Cold got me hooked from the beginning and I couldn't put it down until the end. I was so invested in the book that I only took me less than a day to finish it. The plot was fast-paced and action-packed. There's always something going on and you can never predict what's going to happen next.

I've got to say Charlotte was a brat and that's one attribute that I don't like in a character. I did remind myself constantly that she's thrown into an arranged marriage with an unknown prince at 16 y
caitlin ✶
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I had a few problems with this book: the scene transitions can be clunky, and coordinating with that the characters fall in love and come to hate each other in what seems like the blink of an eye. But I seriously had fun reading this because the writing is so easy to consume! And I was not expecting what happened in the final chapter!!

I also read this for a blog tour hosted by Shut Up, Shealea and received a free e-book for review. So thank you so much to the author and Shealea for that! Shamele

Isabelle | Nine Tale Vixen
Jan 13, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish
I received an ARC from the author for review purposes. This does not affect my rating or opinions of the book.

DNF at 27%.

I was definitely intrigued by the premise and the central multicultural rep, but I took an early dislike to Charlotte (I found her reckless and rude, and while I'm sure she undergoes significant character development, I honestly wasn't invested enough in the plot or any of the characters to stick around to see it). I also wasn't a fan of the way characters keep remarking on ea
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4 Cute Romantic Fantasy Read

This was a light fantasy read with a heroine who starts out as a spoiled rotten girl who develops into a strong female lead.
Inas
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Don't read this book. Because once you do, you won't be able to stop and not any kind of cosmic forces would keep your eyes away from it even for a second. Believe me, I've been there.

Oh, Holy God. Where do I even start? There's not a SINGLE THING that I dislike about this book. I found myself getting absorbed in the story more than to any books that I've read. I delayed breakfast, didn't study for my finals (which was 1 hour
Christa
Charlotte is only sixteen when she is going to be given in marriage as an alliance to a powerful country with a strong military.

Young is the youngest prince who is unexpectedly gaining a kingdom. Charlotte doesn’t want to get married, and impulsively shoots an arrow at him when he arrives. Their marriage is off to a great start.

"I'm Prince Young of Vires," I said, bowing deeply. My mind raced.

I'll never love you.

I continued. "It's an honor to meet you."

You tried to kill me.

Thankfully i
heather - NightlyReading
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author and am so glowingly happy that I accepted it as I adored it!!

Basically, Charlotte’s parents have set up an arranged marriage for her. She had always dreamed of being able to marry for love but being a Princess, duty always comes first and she is left marrying a stranger. Young is not so thrilled at marrying her either but he knows his duty as Prince of Vires and accepts it willingly.

This book is filled with treachery, romance, death and betrayal, not to menti
Jessica | Booked J
Blog | Twitter | Instagram | As a note, a copy of this novel was sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not effect my opinions in any way. Review also found here at Booked J.

Get ready for one of the most dazzling YA releases of the year. Not only is Kingdom Cold intense and thrilling, it is culturally diverse and full of twists and turns. If you're looking for something romantic and action-packed to sink your teeth into in 2019, look no further than Brittni Che
Brittni Chenelle
Dec 19, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Well... I think it's pretty good.
Lana (Bibliomedico)
Check Out the full REview With an exclusive Excerpt On My Blog : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/20...
***********************************
This wasn’t a disappointment at all , I haven’t read many fantasy books this year but with every book I read by new authors especially Self-published Authors , I get astonished and Amazed more and more .
This book , the story , characters , plot and sitting ….. Everything was Brilliant , I literally read the whole series In three days , It was amazing , surpr
Esther
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Thanks to the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I did not expect to be so surprised by this book. I did not really know what to expect, actually, but I was very happy that I chose to read this review requested book so soon. While I was reading this book, I thought I would give it 4 stars, but the ending really pushed me towards 5 stars. Loved it so much.

A longer review can be found at Bite Into Books

I would not mind if this book was the start of a
Angel
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Kingdom Cold takes place in the realm of Besmium. Princess Charlotte is betrothed to a man she has never met in a political move for her father's kingdom. But just as she's getting to know her intended, a war breaks out with a neighboring kingdom. Will the kingdom of Besmium survive? And will Charlotte see her wedding day come?

I have to admit, I couldn't put down Kingdom Cold. In fact, I finished it in one day (which may not be saying much as I'm a bookaholic). I enjoyed the fact that the story
Ankita Singh
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I finished this book in one sitting, that's how good it was. I loved how simple yet engaging it was.

I loved how much the characters evolved throughout the story, how Charlotte transformed from a spoiled princess to a brave queen; how Young transformed from an ambitious prince to a loving husband and king. The story was all so well written, and though I'd originally hoped it'd be a standalone—since it's a review copy and I hate waiting for sequels—now I wish it was the beginning of a series beca
Elizabeth Tabler
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I wanted to desperately like this book. The cover was cute; the story sounded interesting and enticing, and the character’s where culturally diverse, but it didn’t sing for me, and that’s ok. Not all stories sing for every person who reads them.

The story follows a cast of royalty through an arranged marriage, betrayal, war, unrequited love, and then eventual marriage. There are man
♥ Kym
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Diverse and Multicultural
4.5stars

I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book from the author and the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest book review.

The characters grew in me and I learned to love them and their POVs, but why do they have to end up that way? Throughout the story, my hope for a happy ending is escalating and my heart is thumping because of the many gripping full of action scenes.

I appreciate the diversity and the way it was instilled in our minds. How the
Beth
Jan 14, 2019 marked it as currently-reading-1
Shelves: dianne, mobi, own, arc
This book was recommended to me by Di which means I absolutely must read it!
Destiny Henderson
Fun premise. I love princess/royalty stories, and this one has diverse characters with alternating povs that aren't grating. Yooo, sign me up!

I liked the two main characters. Young's sweet. A normal, polite prince trying to live up to expectations. He's adorable and slightly naive and pure in the sense, he's barely kissed anyone. While Charlotte is a super dramatic would-be theater kid with all her performances. Her first meeting with her betrothed-to-be went like "ohhh, you're the one I'm marry
Rayleigh
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is your last chance to turn back now. Seriously, this book wrecked my world and I am warning you…stay away if you value your sleep or sanity.

Still here? Fabulous, I had hoped you’d ignore that warning like all true heros and heroines do in stories. Kingdom Cold is a book that I hated and loved all at the same time. I want to hug it close and never let it go, and also throw it across the room, very hard. I am really emotionally…not okay.

As I was reading the book in the beginning, I honestly
Rosemarie Hamilton
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading the blurb for this book and BTW what a gorgeous cover. I was like wait, what, a princess attempted to murder her husband-to-be, well damn did she succeed? So obviously I wanted to find out if she did and is she going to hang for it, well the story wasn't even close to what I had in my head LOL.

I completely understand why Princess Charlotte was so against getting married. I mean who the hell wants to be married and tied down at sixteen years old? But still trying to murder you soon
Jazmen
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
A story that is as cold as the title implies with its wars and schemes--and as warm the love enclosed within it, Kingdom Cold, is filled with twists and unexpected turns—gripping the reader from beginning to end.

A planned wedding, a disgruntled princess, a hopeful prince, looming war, and budding love earn this indie fantasy its place among traditionally published novels; in the same genre at twice its length and fan base.

Kingdom Cold took me by surprise. It held none of the amateur quality I

• Chasing Echoes (Chasing Echoes #1)
  • Nightmares (The Coven Series Book 1)
  • A Dance of Silver and Shadow: A Retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #1)
  • The Aviary (Uncaged, #1)
  • The Kingdom Within (The Kingdom Within, #1)
  • Frost (Midnight Ice, #1)
  • Magic Unmasked (Conspiracy of Magic, #0.5)
  • #TheRealCinderella
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • High Stakes (The High Stakes Saga Book 1)
  • High Seas (The High Stakes Saga Book 2)
  • High Society (The High Stakes Saga Book 3)
  • High Noon (The High Stakes Saga Book 4)
  • Ravenite (Vengeance and Vampires, #1)
  • A Shifting of Stars (Of Stars, #1)
  • Tiger Queen
  • The Viking's Captive (Clan Hakon, #2)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
Brittni Chenelle is a Multicultural Fantasy author who specializes in multi-POV romances. She loves to explore the blurred lines between good and evil and believes wholeheartedly in a great story's ability to bring people together.

When she's not writing, she can be found at her home in South Korea where she spends far too much time consuming coffee, dark chocolate, and videos of animals doing huma

Kingdom Cold (3 books)
  • Kingdom Soul (Kingdom Cold #2)
  • Kingdom Untold (Kingdom Cold #3)