Start by marking “Needing To Love You (Houston's Finest, #2)” as Want to Read:
Needing To Love You (Houston's Finest, #2)

Needing To Love You

(Houston's Finest #2)

Carlos Ramirez has always prided himself on two things: being damn good at his job on the Houston police force and being able to land any woman he wants. When a devastating car accident leaves him crippled and in excruciating pain, he begins to rely too heavily on his prescription painkillers. The only person who can help him heal is the only woman who has ever rejected hi ...more
Published April 12th 2019 by KDP

To ask other readers questions about Needing To Love You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Needing To Love You

Kate's Corner
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Because reasons - review shall be posted at a later date.
Suey_Library
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whew. That is definitely the best I can say right now... seriously, I am in love. After reading Hating to Love You, I couldn't help but come back for more of this Houston's Finest series. Especially considering the charming Carlos is our main squeeze and getting to know the next girlfriend in the trio of amazingness that is the leading ladies has me hooked. So yeah, obsession has been commenced because Needing to Love You was plum delicious.

I love the charm that Carlos has with his personality.
Jessica {Litnoob}
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get my hands on this baby early and while the wait for this book was brutal, it was also so so worth it!

Meeting Carlos in book one was a highlight for me because instantly I adored him, he was charismatic and charming and funny and while he played way to much you could tell it was always done with love.

Kelsey was more reserved, not that she was cold or standoffish but she didn’t use humor as a shield and therefore seeing her go up against Carlos and his humor was a joy.

I’
Joleen (starlightbooktales)
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RTC!
Johnaka
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Needing to Love You by Erin Rylie
“Can they pull through? 4 stars”

First off, I’m going to offer you a trigger warning before you read any further. If you struggle with books involving addiction walk away now. This probably isn’t the story for you. If addiction doesn’t bother you or you want to read a success story then go ahead and one-click Needing to Love You.
Carlos came into Kelsey’s life when she needed it. She was going through a divorce and she could use someone with his sense of humor to k
Kristen Johnson
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Needing to Love you sucked me in from the start. This is book two in Erin Rylie's Houston's Finest series, but can definitely be read as a stand alone (as it is my first book of hers). I found myself hooked on this story, because the characters are compelling, there's a lot of depth there, with both of them having their own separate issues that cloud their lives stemming from the past.

Carlos had me both wanting to know him better and feeling bad for certain things I learned, he's a good man but
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
This book starts out with some great humor and grows into something much deeper emotionally. Carlos and Kelsey have quite the journey of coming together. With instant chemistry but many scars and hills to climb these two go hot and cold as they travel down their road to happiness. I really adored how imperfect both of them were. So often it’s always one or the other, but in Needing to Love You both Kelsey and Carlos have their flaws and things they need to overcome.
Both of them hiding their inse
Anne Z.
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great book by the fabulous Erin!

Review coming closer to release date.

For more Subscribe/Like/Follow

Blog: http://glimpsesofmybooks.blogspot.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glimpses_of...
GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5...
Megan
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed my second book by Erin Rylie. I loved the storyline and the characters. I really connected with the female protagonist I loved her quirky nature. I love how real the book is with the relationship between the two characters. I can't wait for the next book all about Reese and Becky
Jody
When it comes to romances my favorite ones have a perfect balance of witty banter and scorching encounters between the heroes and heroines and I’m happy to report that this tale has all this and more. With an entertaining main couple in Carlos and Kelsey who singe the sheets while dealing with their painful pasts and personal issues, I was invested in their HEA from the very start and found myself laughing one moment while fanning my face the next. Heavy issues of emotional abuse and addiction w ...more
Teralyn Mitchell
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received this ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. *

I enjoyed Needing to Love You a lot. Kelsey had me wanting to bang my head against a wall for most of the book with her stubbornness and the reasons she used to keep Carlos at bay. Needing to Love You was more angsty than the first book and dealt with some deep issues for both characters. I found myself relating to parts of Carlos and Kelsey's characters. I have experience with some of the things they have so I was able to c
Laura Maurix
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, first of all, I want to give a huge applause to Erin. She just became one of my favorite authors. I never say that after reading one book, but now I’ve read a second book by her and it was even better I can just say it.

Needing To Love You is heart-breaking and heart-warming all in one. It has the perfect amount of everything in it, drama, emotion, hot and sexy scenes and of course, scenes with the little one. In my opinion, this is how a book should be written. At all times, this book felt
Kari Hansen
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kelsey is a divorced single mother to her three year old son James. Carlos was there to help her with the aftermath of the most painful experience of her life and they shared one night together. After that due to her past she pushed him back into the friend zone.

Carlos not only loves his career as a police officer, but he needs him. After an accident leaves him unable to work until he recovers he is at a loss and having difficulty coping. Kelsey agrees to have him life with her until he heals bu
Candy
That was an amazing read. 5 stars! A must read!
Needing to Love You is about two people who are broken and are afraid to commit to a true relationship. Kelsey who just recently divorced and has the cutest 3 yr old boy knows it's her fault that she's divorced, but isn't sure why. Carlos is a police officer bachelor who might want to settle down with Kelsey but wants full communicate that Kelsey isn't willing to give. Can these two fix each other and love completely?
Erin did a fantastic job with th
Nicole Smith
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
This was such a good book. I loved the characters so much. Carlos had me laughing quite often. I loved his humorous personality. The banter between Kelsey and Carlos was one of my favorite parts of the book. Kelsey's son is just too adorable I could eat him up. The scenes with Carlos and Kelsey's son were so heartwarming. Carlos is a big kid at heart and it shows how much he enjoys speeding time with James This does have a very playful fun vibe, but it also has hit you in the heart seri
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I'm new to Erin Rylie, but I'm pleased to say I'm a huge fan now. I loved Needing to Love You from start to finish. Carlos loves his job and he's good at it, but now he's been injured and he needs help. Kelsey has dealt with her share of pain. She's kind and reserved, which I liked. She and Carlos really were made for each other, but Kelsey doesn't want to get to close. She doesn't want to get hurt. But when Carlos needs her, all that goes out the
letshaveakya
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Needing to Love you by Erin Rylie was a read that was easy to fall into and get lost in. I fell in love with Carlos and Kelsey in book one in this series and couldn’t wait to see how their love played out. With each of them fighting their own internal battles of self love/worth, it was great watching them still fight for each other when they needed it. The chemistry was fire and the emotion was heart melting.

It also really loved getting to see where Rafe and Sophie were in their lives since the
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
So this was my first book by Erin Rylie. It was really well written and took a hold of me from the very first page. Needing To Love You started off funny and flirty but soon became so much more on a deeper level dealing with addiction and being able to open yourself up to true love.

Carlos and Kelsey are made for each other but at every turn Kelsey pushes Carlos away. When Carlos is injured in the line of duty Kelsey is there to help nurse him back to health but it's not going to be easy.
Can the
Melena Torretta
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arcs

Carlos was hilarious and so happy-go-lucky in the first book of the series, and I was surprised to find so much more than his good attitude and jokes to love about him.

He and Kelsey shared one night together a year ago, but she steps up after Carlos is in an accident and needs help.

Really great chemistry between them and the ups and downs they faced felt relatable and real. There were also some appearances from Sophie and Rafe and their new baby girl!

Needing to Love you had a nice bala
Isha Coleman
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kelsey and Carlos aren't your standard romance couple. Needing to Love You doesn't hand readers a happy ending on a silver platter. Author Erin Rylie makes us work for it. That makes for a more realistic and relatable journey. Delving deep into the humanity of their story, gives insight into the struggles each needs to overcome. What develops is a full course meal. From the sneak peaks into their emotions to the tempting attraction and the roadblocks that keep pulling them back to square one, we ...more
Jaiden- The Literary Coffee Faerie
OH MY GOD! I didn't think I could love this book as much as the first one but Erin did it! This book is my new favorite book! Carlos and Kelsey are the most adorable, geeky pairing and I love them! I laughed out loud more times in this one than the first one, especially at James and his love of learning and knowledge overall. I truly hope to have a child like James some day because the kid is so freaking adorable! The whole story had my heart going and a smile on my face. The ending has me reeli ...more
Sonja
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
My girl does it again! I finished this puppy in one sitting and I’m already in need of her next book! I truly enjoyed the stripping back of Carlos and Kelsey that occurred while I laughed and cried my way through this book. Erin balanced the lightheartedness, laughter and love with some real, tough topics and let me tell you, it was all worth it! So proud to call this incredible woman my friend and if you know what’s good for you, you’ll pick this book up!
Marika
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This author is new to me but I def enjoy her style and will coming back for more.
I truly enjoyed this story! Carlos and Kelsey are def great together, even when they fight it, but how they are as individuals and how they are together..there is def a benefit because they each bring to the other person something they miss.
It's a lovely story, one that made me feel a lot and also made me laugh.
I liked the other characters as well.
Messy Bun Book Blog
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully emotional story that I could not put down! The journey that both Carlos and Kelsey go through in this book was heartbreaking, but it was so worth it in the end. The writing in Needing to Love You was amazing - it just flowed and kept me hooked the entire time I was reading. LOVED!
Sharrice
Apr 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book was not for me in the slightest. The characters fell flat for me and the book is just dragging. I didn't feel any connection to this story and I was just going to finish but I couldn't bring myself to pick the book up again.
Realmommybooks
Jan 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Sophie and Rafa!!! This story is a little different but he’s a HOT COP. Who can say no to a Hot Cop story. I love how Sophie is so independent but you get to learn her struggles. Rafe is one of a kind man and I loved him from beginning to end. I need more.
Bertie Welck
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving this series, can’t wait for Reese and Rebecca’s story.
Apr 14, 2019
Loonilys
Apr 21, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm a Montana born, Texas raised New Jersey transplant with a degree in hospitality. At 29 years old, I decided it was finally time for me to pursue my real passion in life - writing. I've been writing princess stories and LOTR fan-fiction since I was in middle school, so the transition into romance has been fun!

When I'm not writing, I'm reading (fantasy, sci-fi and romance are my genres) or worki

Houston's Finest (3 books)
  • Hating to Love You (Houston's Finest, #1)
  • Wanting to Love You (Houston's Finest, #3)