Start by marking “His Defiant Princess (Royal House of Saene #1)” as Want to Read:
His Defiant Princess (Royal House of Saene #1)

His Defiant Princess

(Royal House of Saene #1)

Princess Amira Saene has always done the right thing when it came to her beloved Kingdom of Bagumi. Yet her unorthodox online relationship with a man across the sea has derailed her from cultural norms. After a year of communicating, the man she’s developed feelings for comes to visit.

Jake Pettersen never thought he’d meet the woman of his dreams, much less online. Flyin
Published December 9th 2018 by Love Africa Press

To ask other readers questions about His Defiant Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Defiant Princess

Start your review of His Defiant Princess (Royal House of Saene #1)
K.J. Charles
A royalty/commoner romance where the usual "he's hiding his title" is flipped: she's a princess, he's a dentist, and she's been having an online relationship for a year without mentioning her title. This was an interesting read with a hero very much out of his depth (but still attempting to be strong and protective bc romance). Particularly interesting intersections between the countries: there is a jawdropping sequence where the hero assumes that the heroine will just give up being an actual Af ...more
Felicia
After traveling five-thousand miles from Vermont to West Africa to meet the woman he’s spent the last year getting to know online, Jake Pettersen is more than a little shocked to find out she’s a royal princess.

Enjoying being a regular person with Jake, Amira Saene hid her true identity, never being able to confess her lie of omission even as Jake’s arrival to the kingdom of Bagumi grows closer.

Not getting the meeting or greeting he’d hope for from the woman who’d stolen his heart, the young den
Cathrina Constantine
Sep 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story that turns into a kindling hot romantic situation. First off, let me say that I Love this cover! I've read a few of this authors books and Nana Prah has a sizzling romantic heart giving life to her engaging stories.

Jake and Amira have been chatting online for a year, and fell in love. However, when Jake travels all the way from Vermont to sweltering Africa to meet his love, Amira had left out one teeny-tiny fact. She is a princess! And then things get complicated. Especially when
Amaka Azie
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
An easy sweet story. Could be a Disney Princess romance. A sweet story about Amira, a princess in a fictional African kingdom who falls for Jake an American who decides to meet her after a year of online chatting.
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
This was a very sweet story. I liked that Amira was feisty and could stand up for herself and speak her mind. I loved her. I liked the relationship between her and Jake and the fact that they met online. I did think the book was a little on the short side, but other than that, great read!
Candice Square
Oct 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Good

This book was good. This was my first book by this author and I must say I enjoyed it and will read another.
Stanley Umezulike
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading His Defiant Princess—an interracial romance with a rebellious princess and the man she met online.

His Defiant Princess catapults the reader into a world of political tensions and emotional maneuvering. The author’s use of rhetorical questions to capture her characters' dilemma is brilliant.

Amira Oware Saene was the beloved Princess of Bagumi, a fictional kingdom in West Africa. Trouble started when she fell in love with a dentist from Vermont, Jake Petterson, a man she had been
Empi Baryeh
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dr Jake Petterson travels to Bagumi, West Africa, to meet Amira, a woman he's been chatting with for a year. He believes himself to be in love with her, but when he arrives, he discovers that Amira has been keeping a huge secret from him. She is a princess! Not only that, some members of her family are not happy with her choice of a commoner - especially a foreign one.

Although Jake is white and Amira is black, the most significant aspect of this racial difference is perhaps to highlight just how
MidnightAce
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
MY REVIEW: I gave this one 🍷🍷🍷🍷

This is a new author for me and I will definitely be taking a look at other titles in her catalog. She gets us off to a great start in the ROYAL HOUSE OF SAENE: THE PRINCESSES SERIES.

Having the opportunity to study aboard gave Amira the chance to be just a regular girl and do regular stuff, i.e. online dating. It is this online connection that we meet Jake a dentist from Vermont.

It had to be more than just a budding friendship to propel Jake across the pond to the
Shannan Harper
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Although Jake was protective, he didn't seem to want Amira to diminish herself for him. You could really feel the love between the two main characters. My favorite character happens to be Amira's mother. Momma had some tricks up her sleeve that would alleviated a lot of headaches if they had went to her with their issues first. I loved the growth and development of the characters. And I loved what ended up happening to Prince Duak Omiata, the jerk who was trying to f ...more
Sassha Reads❤️❤️
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute

Jake and Amira had built a solid relationship over the internet and phone for a year and were both madly in love with each other. Duak desperately wanted Amira and schemed a plan to have them marry but Amira refused to marry him. In the end, Jake and Amira got to get married and have their HEA.
Ivy Harleston
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my days, nothing like a royal romance. Loved this and read it in record time. I usually like my hero’s very Alpha - Jake wasn’t so much but very sweet and the chemistry he and the Princess was off the charts. Nice quick easy and enjoyable read. Looking forward to the rest of the series
Mary Susanna
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet read. Couldn't put it down when I started. A lovely romance making a lovely story. If you haven't read it yet … pls do. ...more
Bonnie
Jan 22, 2020 added it
Lots of external conflict, but no internal arc for the characters, who are in love & lust from page one.
Somi

• Hood Feminism: Notes from the Women That a Movement Forgot
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • The Vampire King and I: Book One
  • Dear Ava
  • Grow Something (Equilibrium #2.5)
  • Solutions and Other Problems
  • The Bargain: 2 (A Port Elizabeth Regency Tale #2)
  • The Bargain 3 (A Port Elizabeth Regency Tale #3)
  • The Bargain 4 (A Port Elizabeth Regency Tale #4)
  • Mooncakes
  • The Office Party (Holiday Homecoming, #1)
  • Joseph (Members From Money Season Two, #43)
  • All He Needs
  • Gilded Cage (Lilywhite Boys #2)
  • From What Is to What If: Unleashing the Power of Imagination to Create the Future We Want
  • The Witch Who Will Be Queen (The Royal Bloodlines #1)
Nana Prah first discovered romance in a book from her eighth-grade summer reading list and has been obsessed with it ever since. Her fascination with love inspired her to write in her favorite genre where happily-ever-after is the rule.

She is a published author of contemporary, multicultural romances. Her books are sweet with a touch of spice. When she’s not writing she’s reading, over-indulging

Royal House of Saene (7 books)
  • His Inherited Princess (Royal House of Saene #2)
  • His Captive Princess (Royal House of Saene, #3)
  • The Torn Prince (Royal House of Saene, #4)
  • The Resolute Prince (Royal House of Saene #5)
  • The Tainted Prince (Royal House of Saene Book 6)
  • The Illegitimate Prince (Royal House of Saene, #7)

Articles featuring this book

Looking for the perfect reading match? Here to help you find your happily ever after this summer are some of the biggest and...