Start by marking “Playing with the Boss (Red Hot Read Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Playing with the Boss (Red Hot Read Book 2)

Playing with the Boss

(Red Hot Read #2)

Play by his rules and keep my job.

I had no idea our company was in financial trouble. Even less that the man sent to deliver the bad news would be the same Adonis who had me pressed up against a bathroom stall last Saturday night.

And now he has a proposition for me.

Play along and he'll make sure my career isn't on the cutting block come end of the month.

Seems simpl
Kindle Edition
Published January 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Playing with the Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing with the Boss

Start your review of Playing with the Boss (Red Hot Read Book 2)
Vera M
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the new direction Max Henry has taken with her super hot novellas!!
You fall in love with her characters and storyline!! Mason and Lisa’s story was jammed packed, but I did not feel like Ms. Henry rushed it in any way!!
Super steamy!!
A must read!!
Marnie
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this strong and sassy woman! She delivered as good as she got, and more!

Oh wow, I’ve read some strong heroines, but Lisa isn’t going to fall prey quite so easily, and delivers some savagely honest lines to Mason. He’s all kinds of hot and sexy tattooed bad boy in an expensive suit, but man, he’s somewhat of a shallow tool, and she calls him on it!

Mason has been there and divorced that, so his dealings with women ARE now shallow – on purpose. What he doesn’t like, however, is to be bested
Payne’s Bookworm Reviews (Samantha Payne)
Playing with the boss by Max Henry

Oh My God!!! This book definitely lives up to the series name - Red Hot Read 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥. I am loving this new direction you are taking Max. Your books have always been hot and steamy to read, but this new series it’s HOTT DAMN!!! If you have read some of Max’s other books you are probably thinking how can it get any more steamy, well let me tell you, she has outdone herself.

Mason Roberts is a hot tattooed, well defined, sexy male, who gets whatever he wants, and
Robyn Corcoran
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second hot short story by this author and I think this fast paced book has a solid storyline which is not only interesting but also extremely sexy too

Lisa finds herself in a meeting with Mason, the same guy she’d hooked up with the previous weekend, who is there to basically decide who will become redundant. This is the start of operation ‘Keep my job’ by Lisa! The only thing is...they are both insanely attracted to each other.

I enjoyed the characters, especially the two main ones bu
Lisa Staples
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a super sexy, sassy fast read, Playing With the Boss, Max Henry's latest offering of her Red Hot Read novellas ticks all the boxes!

In this steamy office romance Lisa East's weekend tryst with a hot stranger has gotten a little close to home when she walks into a meeting and sees said hottie, Mason sitting at the conference table.
Turns out he's been sent by management to assess their office's bottom line whilst chasing Lisa's!

What ensues is a sexy game of lusty cat and feist
Julie
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This steamy read has Lisa East, and her steamy hookup with a complete stranger causing her more trouble than she anticipated. Lisa walks into her meeting at work and low and behold she see’s her hot sex god Mason sitting at the conference table. It seem’s, management have decided to change the company’s administration operations and some departments will be closing....Mason is to see it, and for him, also seeing Lisa again has made his job worth while....but for Lisa, not so much.

The ensuing sto
Heather Packer
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh man, what a totally awesome book to start my years reading off with! This really is a red hot read, the insta-love and super charged chemistry is off the charts! I mean seriously ladies, get those batteries charged and your partner warned, it’s hot hot hot.
This is the perfect light and easy read, a hot office romance that goes a little awry. A chance meeting in a bar turns into more when he arrives in the office.
Tattooed and confident Mr Roberts isn’t looking for anything or anyone permanent
Hanan
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a fast paced sexy office romance.
I started off not liking Mason very much.
But as I got more into the storyline he grew on me.
Mason is a hot sexy confident man. But oh so arrogant!
Management has brought him into a specific office to cut jobs.
Lisa is pretty much a straight and narrow type of girl.
She is a hard worker and on the weekend she unwinds with her girlfriend with a couple of drinks at their favorite bar.
One fateful weekend she does something so unlike herself and gets down a
Donna
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this quick and hot as hell read, that left you hot and bothered with the way the mouse avoided the cat in the game that was played throughout the book. I don't always like the insta love books but this story was different and was good enough to make me really like and enjoy it.

The two main characters Mason and Lisa seemed to be the perfect match. This story isn't as simple as I am making it seem, there is a lot of trouble that runs through it. Making for a highly engrossing read
Ursula Schutte
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another awesomebook by Max Henry.

I must admit I was not liking Mason too much in the beginning but after completing the book I realised he wanted her so he did anything in his power to have her. I guess Mason is any woman dream man, well he is mine minus his bossy attitude.

A good sexy love story.

I have read a few of Max Henry books and each and every one of these books have been a page turner.
I would recommend Max Henry to anyone looking for a great hot steamy love story. Cant wait to read more
Kimberly Harrell
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is one thing you can be guaranteed of when reading Max Henry’s book. It will be smoking HOT!!! And this one did not disappoint. If you are a fan of office romances, then this is the book for you. I love how Max Henry describes the chemistry that both Lisa and Mason felt towards each other. It was off the chain. I would recommend this author and anything she writes to invest in. She is soooo good. Do yourself a favor and take the time to read this book as well as her other books. You won’t ...more
Lisa Hill
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second in Max’s Red Hot Romance series, this office romance is loaded with serious chemistry, will-they-won’t-they dilemma and plenty of office action.

Lisa walks into a meeting to find the guy she’s giving a presentation to is her mystery hookup from last weekend. And he’s here to assess the company to see who keeps their job and who doesn’t. Cue awkward dilemma of attraction versus professionalism.

This really is shaping up to be a great series of novellas from the author and I enjoyed ever
Lozz
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was a little disappointing... The whole situation with the office scenario and the attitude of Mason when he was in a position of power over Lisa, (if he influenced her position in the company or, not) i found demeaning.
I didn’t think she was a strong women taking control of her sexuality at all. She was in lust and not thinking.
In light of the me too movement, there’s just a lot about this story that doesn’t sit right with me. Mason attitude and Lisa’s readiness to submit so quickly
Book-Lovin-Momma
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good red hot read, complete with a tattooed bad boy in the mix! Mason and Lisa had a heated moment together, only to find that they end up working with each other. Will they finally get the satisfaction they're looking for? This book was spicier than others by the same author, maybe a 4/5, although the emotional development was still there. I'd love to see more of these types of sexy stories - they definitely add extra layers of excitement to the romance! ...more
LaVida Brisco - One Last Page Book Blog
Mason

***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review***

Another hot and steamy novella from the talented Max Henry. One chance encounter between Mason and Lisa left both just a bit unfulfilled. Turns out they meet again and the sparks are still there but it’s so much more to this pair than either thought. I love how Max tells a story that’s quick but filled with so much emotion that you’re dying to get to the end. So good can’t wait for the good Doctor next!!!
Ames Hart
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Playing with the Boss is definitely a red hot read! Lisa and Mason almost hook up at a club the week before Lisa walks into a work meeting and finds herself face to face with the man who will be deciding if she still has a job...none other than Mason. They are still attracted to one another, but is continuing what they started worth the risks? This short, steamy story is full of angst, laughs and hotness you don’t want to miss!
Bookcrazy
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it

Entertaining, sexy novella with a strong heroine. Some erotic parts but not so much how I expected it because of the authors intro - so I enjoyed it and it was entertaining with a lot of tension and not a lot of sex scenes.

STORY:
The met the weekend before and hooked up - but got interruped.
Now they meet again at her job - and her job is danger because the firm she is working for is in a financial crises.
And that for her weekend sexy hook up is here - to solve these problems.

3,5 stars
Manda
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hot, sexy boss Mason meets stubborn, sassy Lisa in a battle of wills and bodies. It’s a common themed storyline that sometimes gets old but with Max’s take on the story it doesn’t fail to impress. Loving the direction Max is taking with her Red Hot Reads series and I’m excited for the next instalment in the series. 🔥🔥
Monique
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Max Henry has delivered another Red Hot Read..
Playing with the Boss was a quick exciting read, full of steamy romance and sexual encounters. Max’s take on the Office Romance Genre was edgy and entertaining.
Mason and Lisa will have you hot and sweaty and ready for more!
I love these Red Hot Reads!
Reva Coomer
Love the Red Hot Reads

Max's new Red Hot Reads are just that, HOT! Fast paced and steamy with a solid storyline. Lisa and Mason will leave you satisfied and glad you chose this book. Lisa never imagined the trouble her almost club hookup would cause her. Mason just knows he wants to finish what was started. A fun, hot and fast paced read that has it all!
Linda Diamond
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Omg Max you did it again.. This was just what I needed, this story was so awesome, Lisa and Mason characters are perfect, Mason is arrogant, moody, sexy bossy and can very well be a jerk at times( but you gotta love him) Lisa: strong, independent, sexy gives Mason a run for his money.....love this book just what I needed😁😁😁😁
Lisa I
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am currently obsessed with these super sexy, fun quick reads that I seriously can’t wait for the next instalment! If your short for time and just want something super hot and quick to read then Max’s red hot novella’s are a must!!
Diane
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
A quick riveting story that books you from the first words.

This is something different from Max Henry and it is something that you won't be able to put down.

It makes a office fling so hot, that you want one yourself.
Tracey Zelukovic
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG I loved this book, I read it in one sitting because I needed to know what happened and it didn't disappoint, can't wait for the next one. ...more
Amanda
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A super hot, sexy fast paced read with a solid storyline. I’m loving these novellas from Max Henry, can’t wait for more!
Chelsey
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining and sex little read. I enjoyed it!
Kellie
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a bit different to Max Henry’s other books but still a good read!!
Ona Evans
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yet again, steaming hot. This lady know how to make you sweat. Love the story and will recommend it highly as always
Jeannie
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars - office romance. Short read.
Karen Sedgman
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Playing With The Boss was a short, sexy, fun Office Romance novella!

• The Office Party (Holiday Homecoming Book 1)
  • Our Way
  • How To Love A Crook (Crooked In Love Book 2)
  • King of Wall Street (The Royals Collection, #1)
  • Truly
  • Man Candy (Billionaire Bachelors, #4)
  • How To Catch A Crook (Crooked In Love Book 3)
  • Getting Schooled (The Wright Brothers, #1)
  • Tease: A BWWM Romantic Comedy
  • How To Tempt A Crook (Crooked in Love, #1)
  • Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright #1)
  • The Takeover (The Miles High Club, #2)
  • Bad Cop
  • Stolen Heir (Brutal Birthright #2)
  • Anguished (Crimson Elite, #2)
  • Hard Fall (Trophy Boyfriends, #2)
  • Cocky Suit (Cocky Hero Club)
  • The Lessons We Learn (FWB, #2)
Facebook -> http://bit.ly/2F4XrG3
Instagram -> http://bit.ly/2ruERF3
Newsletter -> http://eepurl.com/gchq5z

For as long as she can remember, Max has always had a love of the macabre and thought provoking side to life.

Which probably stands to reason why each of her books takes the reader on an emotional journey that not only promises twists, turns, and suspense but a heart-wrenching journey where her

Red Hot Read (4 books)
  • One More Night (Red Hot Read, #1)
  • Sloth (The Seven #3)
  • Physical Therapy (Red Hot Read Book 4)