Start by marking “Curse of the Fae Queen” as Want to Read:
Curse of the Fae Queen

Curse of the Fae Queen

When Eighteen-year-old Neara saves a villager from the clutches of a deadly faerie, the Fae Queen sends warriors to abduct her dying father in revenge. To gain his freedom, Neara must venture into the Shadowlands and obtain three enchanted objects under the supervision of the bestial Prin
Kindle Edition
Published February 14th 2019

Start your review of Curse of the Fae Queen
Michelle
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Curse of the Fae Queen is a the first in a new adult fantasy series by the same name from author Delia Castel. Curse of the Fae Queen starts out in a human village, with our human main character, who has been taught to fear the fae. Neara is trying to help her and her father leave her doomed city, when an attack from some Fae sends Neara and her father into the Fae realm. Through secrets and bargains with different F
Rhiannon Chillingworth
I'm a bit unsure how to rate this... Maybe 3.75...

It was well written and well paced, with good world building. However, whilst it is classed more like NA than YA the main character was a bit too YA in her attitude and reactions to things. It got on my nerves at times, particularly towards the last part of the book.

For those looking for RH, there is none in this book, but this is something that will happen in later books, as the plot makes clear.

I'd definitely recommend people give this a try. I
Tonja Drecker
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Danger lurks around every corner in this fast-paced tale, where a young woman tries to escape the most secretive and vicious creatures, which most humans don't know exist.

Neara, now eighteen, and her father have been trying to hide from the fae for as long as she can remember. Most people don't believe they exist, but she has the rare ability to see them—something which makes her a target if they ever find out. But soon Neara and her father will be free of the years of living in fear; all they h
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars!

Review to come...
Lisa
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Fae story!

I was enthralled from the first page to the last! Great characters! Absorbing plot and world building! Love this book!
Danielle
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New to author

I loved this book from beginning to end. I could not put it down! The writing is superb and I loved the story wholeheartedly. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to know what happens next. In the meantime, I think I’ll de our the rest of her books. Definitely an author to follow.
Inga Lady Of Bookland
I loved Curse of the Fae Queen by Delia Castel because it was amazing :)
*Note. I received this book in exchange for a honest review in the blog tour for Curse of the Fae Queen. So I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Let's start with world-building as the author did a great job with it. The world was well developed, magical and in a way unique, even it does include some of the classic fairy lore elements (which can be found in anothe
Debbie Eyre
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg! I loved this well written, fast paced, action packed read that just hooks you from the start! I love the world that the author has built and love the characters as well as totally adore Neara our mc! I adore fairytales and fae and this did not let me down! I would definitely recommend this!
Raj
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fae RH books are fast becoming my new addiction and this one without exception is feeding that appetite really nicely.
A. Hoyle
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I try so hard to like Reverse Harem books (but Monogamy is bae) and I really liked this book! I'm a sucker for tales of the fae, mates, etc, and was glad this book wasn't really RH. I won't read the other books because it makes no sense to make me fall in love with a character and then expect them to sit around while Neara dates around. Or worse, that they'd join in on said dates.
Erin Dall
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read with twists

This book reminded me a lot of A Court of Thorns and Roses mixed with The Cruel Prince. Love the characters and their dynamic of hate/love and all the schemes.

A little disappointing on the reverse harem aspect since it didn’t exist but I have a feeling it’ll be included in the next book!

I need to know what happens next!!
Paige Green
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received this book from Rockstar Tours. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Rating: 4.5/5

Publication Date: February 14, 2019

Genre: Fantasy

Recommended Age: 16+ (love and violence and sexy fae men)

Publisher: ---

Pages: ---

Amazon Link

Synopsis: A Huntress of Faeries. Five cursed Fae Princes. An evil that will destroy the world.

Jessica Su
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Lore
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast pace, good book but....

Ok this is a good book don't get me wrong but the MC is such a whiny little bitch. She starts out with a backbone in the first few pages but then she must have list it somewhere between taking down 2 few and getting on the freaking flyin horse. Not giving names so not a spoiler. But really the MC needs to be a bit stronger considering it sounds like she was raised to do all the stuff she was terrified to do, at 18 in the days they are set in most women were married so
Christina Morley
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Curse of the Fae Queen is an exciting new Reverse Harem fantasy series by Delia Castel for older teenagers and up. This is wonderful storytelling with plenty of twists and turns and lots of vivid descriptions. It also has a good balance of adventure and romance. It's slow burn with all the feels and no graphic sex scenes.

Neara is an awesome strong female character - a human girl who can't avoid the Fae. She's a skilled healer, but also trained by her father to fight and doesn't mind killing tro
Reena
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where the Fae are involved, nothing is what it seems...

Nothing is what it seems in this engrossing tale Delia Castel has delivered. Although it might seem a bit slow to start, that is not the case. It hooks you right from the beginning and leads you on a roller coaster of an adventure. Wonderful and well-fleshed out characters, not matter of their part in the story, plot twists that keep you on the edge of your chair, wonderful world building, curse-breaking, intimate moments between the heroine
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
*I received a copy from the author. This does not affect my review.*

I'm always up for a well-written fantasy, add Fae and a quest, and I'm practically sold! This one not only caught my attention, but kept me reading until the last page. I loved the characters in this one, and all the Fae lore, as well as the setting and courts! This story is well-written, and I'm excited to see more, I love how many of the aspects might be familiar to readers of similar stories, and yet Delia Castel has beautifu
Blaire Hammond
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Curse Of The Fae Queen By Delia Castel Spoiler Free Review.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

Okay, firstly, this cover is literally BEAUTIFUL! Like, look at it!! Secondly, I love fae stories, as I'm sure you've seen me post about before. So, diving into this book, I was really excited. And I definitely found what I was hoping before! It was such a action packed, fast paced adventure and I adored it! I gave it a 4.5 out of 5 stars!

The characters were so int
Chelsey
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Faeries for the win

This was amazing! Seriously, why is this not topping Amazon's charts? I have always been a bit obsessed with fae stories and this one checked all the boxes.

Drayce is the best kind of antihero. I really couldn't decide if he was good or bad up until the very end. Neara was a bit whiney and obsessed with running away in the beginning. But she definitely grew into herself by the end. I can't wait to read more in the series. I hope the next book comes out soon!
Ashley Shvetsova
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The plot line was good. It was a fast and slow read. I found it took me a bit to get fully invested in the story line but once I was it flew by. I found the characters to be complex and intriguing. I will admit that while I found the ending enjoyable I also felt it was almost cliches the whole I’ll follow you to the ends and love you no matter what kind of irked me. I await the next book and the stories to follow eagerly.
literary_rebel
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Highly entertaining. The concept is interesting but it has ACOTAR vibes. My main issues were the word choices and the repetition of certain phrases to emphasize the same feelings or emotions. Another issues were the metaphors that were used. They just didn't work. However, I believe that the series is fun and highly entertaining.
Taylor
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG FINALLY ANOTHER BOOK TO GET ME OUT OF MY SJM HANGOVER. this is like a court of thornes and roses meets maze runner.... at least to me. It kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Love loved loved it and i really hope there is a sequel and that is comes out soon! IT CANNOT END
Michelle
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting

This was an interesting story. The concept was intriguing and I'd love to see where it goes. The storyline was enjoyable and the characters were entertaining, I really liked Neara she grows up quickly in some areas. Hopefully the next story won't be to far away.
Bethany Strobel
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is the first book I've read in months that I didn't want to put down. Castel's world building is original and refreshing, and the action keeps you turning the page. Trust me, this is one you'll want to read long into the night.
Debbie
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting world

I have enjoyed discovering your feet world and look forward to more exciting adventures . I always enjoy the different take people create for this imagery world.
Megan Dixon
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a rollercoaster of a book that kept me engaged but that left me uncertain of my actual feelings towards the book at the end, however I still look forward to the next one.
Irna
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING. I LOVED IT SO MUCH! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK!!! ❤
Tenna Chatman
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Action and betrayal

non-stop action, love, betrayal, fae friends and goes made a great story. But, I didn't like the part about the four princes.
Shruti
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta-read
It was a pretty cool book. Excited for more!
Feuldeze
Aug 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
The book was actually wounderful.

• Stained Egos (Salsang Chronicles, #1)
  • The Fifth Knight (The Knights of Caerleon #1)
  • Into the Madness (Villainous Wonderland #1)
  • Hell Storm (The Vampire's Mark, #2)
  • Destined Radiance (Nephilim's Destiny, #5)
  • Knightfall (Tangled Crowns, #1)
  • The Mercenary's Bounty (Age of the Andinna, #2)
  • Destined Storm (Nephilim's Destiny, #4)
  • Destined Fire (Nephilim's Destiny, #3)
  • Greed (The Damning, #1)
  • Brimstone Nightmares (Queen of the Damned, #4)
  • Protector (The Full-Blood, #1)
  • Destined Darkness (Nephilim's Destiny, #1)
  • Daughter of Hades (Cerberus, #2)
  • Dark Reign (The Vampire's Mark, #1)
  • Smoke and Wishes (Best Wishes #1)
  • Infinity Chronicles: Book One (Infinity Chronicles #1)
  • The Fairer Hex (A Witch Among Warlocks, #1)

News & Interviews