Start by marking “A Perfect Balance (Romancing the Page #2)” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Balance (Romancing the Page #2)

A Perfect Balance

(Romancing the Page #2)

Emma does not want, or need, a relationship and everything that comes with one. She has her career as a science fiction editor in London keeping her busy, and she needs to overcome her own writer’s block. Every few weeks, she meets the mysterious S and has no-strings-attached dalliances. It’s the best way to satisfy her needs and wants without all the extra bells and whist ...more
ebook
Published January 2018 by Penglass Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Balance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Balance

Start your review of A Perfect Balance (Romancing the Page #2)
Laura Lam
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Coming January 2019!
. (not active on this account stop adding me)
the perfect irony: writing a main character who’s a book editor, having multiple spelling mistakes, and not capitalising the word “Kindle”
Hisham El-far
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable characters in an enticing, steamy and engaging story.
Christie Ward
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talking about it

I always become so frustrated with lesbian romance novels in which the whole narrative tension is because Our Heroines simply won't speak honestly to one another about their feelings. This is the rare, well-designed exception... The tension is there, but both women make some big efforts to communicate. Sweet story.
Best Lesfic Reviews
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anonymous sex with mild kink sets off the first scene of the book. That made us feel that this was an erotica with mild BDSM. But as we proceeded, we were delighted to find this to be a romance, and a good one at that.

Read the full review @ https://www.bestlesficreviews.com/201...
Liam
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lovely mix of seriously sexy romance and publishing industry insights. I adore Emma, and how she balances her submissive side with her strength. There were some excellent threads in there about life in publishing, from having to deal with author tours to creepy men. An excellent read in a series I am really enjoying.
Heatherblakely
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this a lot. You don’t need to have read the previous books in the series; the characters are mentioned, but nothing is lost if you don’t know who they are.

I don’t know if the publishing stuff was accurate, but it made for an enjoyable setting. The kink was a fun element.
Dumpy Unicorn
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hot sweet and sexy.

Just enough angst and drama.

Really enjoyable.
Ceillie Simkiss
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable!

I enjoyed this a lot more than the previous novella in this series. It still had several pronoun slips into the masculine, though, which was a little weird.
Claire
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
A cute and sexy romance novella that also made me want a job in publishing!
Caffers Kindle :-)
Brilliant book.. I couldn't put this down!

This is so well written with the characters coming to life as you turn each page. Emma and Sage are so similar yet so scared with the author doing a great job of keeping the suspense going. I read this in less than 2 hours all in one go. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Andrea
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
You can read the full review with tags and content warnings on Love in Panels: http://www.loveinpanels.com/prose/a-p...

If you...

love girls or the tv show Younger
are interested in the book publishing or publicity industry
want a book that's definitely in 2019 --with dating apps and influencers in book marketing plans
want to read women in business being bosses and also super kind and supportive and generous to each other
This is a book for you.

After five or six frustrated 'Remove from Kindle' workp
Frida
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was VERY intrigued by the premise. This quote here pretty much sums it up:

She’d never told Sage she was an editor, much less a science fiction and fantasy editor. They’d never discussed books. Well, they didn’t say much to each other, full stop. It was more groans, moans, and screams.
Sage snuck a glance at Emma. She knew that pale column of her neck. Knew what Emma’s body looked like under that blouse and skirt. What her body felt like. Sage had that woman writhing beneath her not even two we
Cindy Stein
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emma and Sage meet repeatedly in hotel rooms for hot, anonymous domme/sub sex. Neither one knows the other's real name, career or anything. Then while Emma is on vacation, Sage is hired by the publishing company where Emma is an editor. Both are shocked and agree that their sexual relationship should end. But that's an agreement they seem unable to keep.

In this book, the second in her author/publisher series, Ambrose shows her stuff as an author, greatly improving on book 1. While the plot is a
Douglas Williamson
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our heroines have both been hurt in the past, so they avoid commitments and entanglements. But sometimes they find you anyway...

This is a novella length F/F erotic romance. It was not a quick and easy read, but I found it to be highly satisfying and well worth the time.

The plot is simple to follow, and yet it is filled with discoveries that help explain why things are as they are. Our characters are very well developed, with hopes and fears and all things that make them real. And the chemistry b
Angie
+Lucky and S have regular hookups. No names, no personal details. Just good sub/Dom play.
+Lucky is really Emma, who is now Sage's new boss! Both of them are horrified at this. They're both still attracted, but will the power dynamic shift and need to be professional ruin what they had?
+The two must attend a book launch together out of town, but there's only one bed...

-Waaah! It's so hard having a kink! Boohoo, your kink isn't even that unusual or kinky.
-Sharing a bed doesn't mean
RNPride
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella hooked me right from the beginning. The characters are well developed and lovable. There were several hot erotic scenes which were very well written. This is a sweet love story. I'm torn between wanting more because I enjoyed the characters and feeling like it was a perfect length because it was wrapped up so well. I've enjoyed this author's work before and I'll certainly be continuing to seek out more of it.

I received the book in exchange for an honest review.
Runalong
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charming f/f romance where two people start to find out their relationship may be much more than they realised

Full review ‪ https://www.runalongtheshelves.net/bl...
Sean Locke
I really enjoyed this one! Sweet and steamy, and a bit of behind-the-scenes of the publishing industry. A delight all around, and I'm looking forward to the next installment.
J.R.
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A short story packed with a lot of do I Or don't I.

Two people meet once in a awhile no regrets ,each uses the other until they start working for the same company.Oops!
LesReview
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

Such a good book and looking forward from more from this author. Picking up the 3rd book now..can’t wait and will follow
Michael Underwood
Short, sweet, and sizzling

A delightful short romance set in the world of science fiction/fantasy publishing, starting an editor and a marketing/publicity staffer. So many sparks.
Doug Elliott
Cute unexpectedly meeting in real-life HEA set in the business end of the publishing world with a little light BDSM on the side.
unevendays
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbtqia
Fun and sexy romance novella with fascinating insights into the world of publishing
Emily
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer
I loved Emma and Sage and the setting of their story and I felt completely immersed in their world and their love of books. I want to read Annalie's book next, it's so beautifully described.
Louise
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
A couple of minor mistakes but I really enjoyed this! Hope there is news of another book soon.
Nancy Meservier
A Perfect Balance is the second novella in Laura Ambrose's Romancing the Page series. Much like the first book, A Hidden Hope, A Perfect Balance focuses on a love story between two women who work in the literary community. Emma is an editor who's not interested in being in a relationship. Instead, she fulfills her needs through a series of hookups with another woman she only knows as "S." Then "S" begins to work for Emma's publisher, and Emma finds her carefully constructed work/life balance fal ...more
Brian
Feb 01, 2019
Elsa Rodriguez
Jan 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Just Married?
  • Love Unscripted
  • Anyone But Her
  • Her Surrender (Irresistibly Bound #2)
  • Wanting Her
  • Undone (The Kaleidoscope Album Book 1)
  • Reservations of the Heart
  • Before You Say I Do
  • A Lesson in Love (The Village Romance, #3)
  • Sunsets and Shades
  • Hers to Keep (Irresistibly Bound #3)
  • The Arrangement (Another Love #1)
  • Good Spin
  • Being Hers (Irresistibly Bound #1)
  • Second Chances
  • A Shot at Love (The Village Romance, #1)
  • Meet Cute Club (Sweet Rose #1)
  • Temptation
Librarian note:
There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name

Laura Ambrose writes F/F romance. The Romancing the Page series (A Hidden Hope, A Perfect Balance, An Unheard Song) features well-rounded, complicated women in the world of writing and publishing. A Laura Ambrose romance is sweet, sexy, and more than a little geeky.

She lives in Edinburgh and is also known as Laura

Romancing the Page (4 books)
  • A Frozen Night (Romancing the Page #0.5)
  • A Hidden Hope (Romancing the Page #1)
  • An Unheard Song (Romancing the Page, #3)

News & Interviews