Start by marking “Caged Fire (Vigilant, #1)” as Want to Read:
Caged Fire (Vigilant, #1)

Caged Fire

(Vigilant #1)

They say you can't run away from your problems. EmVee knew from experience it was true. She and her father tried to run, until the truth came and got them. Now with nothing to lose, she must confront the monster that changed her life forever. Unfortunately, she has to work with his best friend, Kayson who she is almost sure, isn't quite as nice as he seems. Kayson revealed ...more
Published March 7th 2019 by Phenomenal One Press

To ask other readers questions about Caged Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caged Fire

Arceli
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I have received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

What a nice first installment! I had a lot of fun reading this book. There were tons of spunky humor and great characters. I really liked the adventure and action in this book. The entire imagery and whole world creation were super awesome. I liked all the magic and swoony heroes in this book. Go one-click this book for an excellent ride.
Lene Blackthorn
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Secrets are deadly.
Being hunted is never pleasurable.
Not knowing whom to trust as everyone seems to pursuit his or her own goals makes life complicated.
Yet EmVee is here, determined to get her answers and save her family. With Kayson at her side, the same Kayson she loved years ago, the same one who was best friend with the man she dated and who tried to kill her.
Thank God for friends like Demi.
Though, being fully exposed to the world of supernatural and magic, can they survive unchanged? Uns
Dawn Yacovetta
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EmVee can't seem to catch a break. The attack by Silas was enough of a shock, but when an accident has her and her father on the run, their entire world changes. She's not only trying to quell the strange feeling inside of her from Silas' bite, but she watches her father shot by a mysterious woman. As she learns more about the dark world the normal humans know nothing about, she discovers secrets she's desperate to uncover the answers for. And as she begins her hunt with her only friend, they "b ...more
S.A. Larsen
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An action-packed mystery that chases high stakes at every turn!

This story has it all – MMA fighting, other worlds, creatures of all sorts, and a mystery that needs to be uncovered before the main character can find peace and move forward.

The reader first meets EmVee – a girl with a family past that seems to have caught up with them. With the supposed murder of her mother and siblings, EmVee embraces the world she has now with her MMA-style fighter father and this inner urge to be a fighter hers
Kaye
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ON EDGE OF YOUR SEAT ADVENTURE!!!
OMG! Wow! Talk about hitting the ground running. Hey guys, if you're looking for a fast paced, action packed, hard hitting, page flipping, adrenaline rush that keeps you riveted and on a razors edge. Congrats my friends, you've found it. All the drama, uncertainty, danger and suspense make for one thrilling experience. A rollercoaster of events and activities draw all of your emotions forward in this fascinating storyline and explosive plot. Twists and turns, ups
Kathy
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. EmVee had been attacked by her boyfriend, who it turns out was a monster. Now she is one too. She finds that the boyfriend's best friend (Kayson) had known what he was and didn't warn her. She finds that Kayson too was made into a monster in the same way as she was. He helps her get back to a place that they had both came from, with the intention of finding her family whom she had believed were dead. Now it seems that maybe they weren't, but they were back in that mag ...more
Leona
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Looking for a place to call home! EmVee is missing the only home she has ever known. On the move constantly cause her family is either dead or missing! She's not only looking for someplace to call home but on the move to find out who is to blame for what she has become. Her ex attacked her and changed her into something primal! Is she going to come out on top or will she perish? Will she fall for Kayson? Will she find her family alive? L. M. Preston has brought the new world to life! I love her ...more
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Wow, what a ride!!

The characters were amazing. I loved reading and getting to know Emvee and Kayson!! They were an amazing team!! I felt a connection between the two characters, though they didn't hit it off at first, which made the story that much more exciting!!

The story-line was phenomenal. It's action pact, fast paced and extremely addicting. I enjoyed the story completely from beginning to end. It's a wild ride that has me waiting on the edge of my seat for more and I highly recommend it!!
Patti
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall rating: 4.3 (ku)

The storytelling used vocabulary very appropriate for the young adult reader. These characters played their roles well and I appreciated the main characters reluctance to bond. This author did not make these characters out to be perfect beings, which allows them to be more relatable. These are many mysteries left to unravel which makes the yearning for more of this series even better. Glad to have read this and have release date of book 2 on my calendar. All my reviews ar
Monica
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
EmVee is such a strong person. I mean that is both mind and body. This is an interesting spin on the supernatural genre. A lot happens in this first book. The biggest question is who can you trust. This book is fast-paced and action packed. If you like anything to do with the supernatural genre, strong females and action then this book is for you.

*I received a free copy of this book via the author and am voluntarily leaving a review.*
Colette Samimi
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hooked me in from the first page!

I was hooked from the first page. I love the different mix of fantasy, science fiction and a little romance. EmVee uses her natural abilities as a trained fighter to save her friends and family from the evil overlord. Her skills as a fighter and a wolf that breathes fire save her again and and again. I loved the book. It was hard to put it down. Lots of action that kept the story moving I’m looking forward to reading the next in the series!!
Chantel Small
Love this story

Was glad to return to EmVee and here story. Was surprised with some of the other characters turning up on the good side. Also the love between her and Kayson was a great turn on the story They make a great pair. Can’t wait for the next book in the series. Loved how they combined mythology and paranormal.
Maria Varley
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new series by this author and I found it hard to put down.
EmVee is on the run with her Dad from a place called The Void however it soon catches up with them and her Dad protects her with his own life. In order to find her dad's killer she has to enlist the help of an old friend but can she learn to trust him? Read this book to find out you won't be disappointed.
Kara
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying I typically don’t like books that are written in the third person point of view. I have a really hard time connecting to the characters when the books are in third person. Once I got over the fact that this book was written in the third person I absolutely loved it! I definitely recommend giving this book a read!
Deborah
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Caged Fire is the first book of the Vigilant Series and I loved it! The book grabs your attention right from the beginning full of action, suspense, love and sacrifice. I was hooked the minute I started reading and I couldn’t put it down. I highly recommend this book and can’t wait to see what happens next!
Katie Thompson
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EmVee is even more of a kick butt heroine now that she’s coming in to her abilities. She was already quite the spitfire when she was a teen training in her parents’ MMA gym. She’s lost her mom, her family, and then watched her dad be murdered. She has to decide whether or not to trust an old friend/fiend in order to find the woman who shot her dad.
Danielle Huff
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of action. EmVee is intense in this book although we get to see her soft side too. Her friends are great and Demi is my favorite!! After all of the action I’m left with unanswered questions and dying to know how they will finish the fight!!
April Stacey
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heart stopping good

EmVee is an amazing woman who was change by dark magic but was able to retain her good! This story follows the path she takes, the friends she makes and the love she finds to rescue her family.
Excellent book
Deborah
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EmVee and her father had been on the run. but "they" caught up with EmVee and her father and now her father has disappeared leaving her to pay the debt! She has no idea who to trust but despite her feelings, she must trust the monster who destroyed her life. ... to be continued!
Melissa
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emvee has alot going on in this book! Lots of action and suspense. Cannot wait to see what happens next!
Jackie
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous, lots of action type of story. Impossible to stop reading until the end.
Lisa Eiff
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. EmVee gets close to a new ally discovers secrets about her family. If you enjoy werewolves and MMA fighters, you'll enjoy reading this book.
Lady The Owls
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short but great action and suspense. Mystery was what I kept getting in deeper and deeper as I read the book. Also a lot of suspense that kept me going on from page to page.
RABT Book Tours and PR
Feb 03, 2019
sgrm9514
Feb 03, 2019
RABT Book Tours: Caged Fire by LM Preston 1 2 Jan 28, 2019 05:07AM
LM. Preston was born and raised in Washington, DC. An avid reader, she loved to create poetry and short-stories as a young girl. With a thirst for knowledge she attended college at Bowie State University, and worked in the IT field as a Techie and Educator for over sixteen years. She started writing science fiction under the encouragement of her husband who was a Sci-Fi buff and her four kids. Her ...more