Start by marking “The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)

The Rogue King

(Inferno Rising #1)

Kasia Amon is a master at hiding. Who—and what—she is makes her a mark for the entire supernatural world. Especially dragon shifters. To them, she’s treasure to be taken and claimed. A golden ticket to their highest throne. But she can’t stop bursting into flames, and there’s a sexy dragon shifter in town hunting for her...

As a rogue dragon, Brand Astarot has spent his lif
Published July 30th 2019 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about The Rogue King, please sign up.
Abigail Owen All my books end on an HEA for the couple themselves. So good note there. But there are overarching themes/plots across all four that might not all re…moreAll my books end on an HEA for the couple themselves. So good note there. But there are overarching themes/plots across all four that might not all resolve in one book, and I do like to set up future books with the epilogues. But no crazy cliffhangers. More like teensy tiny ones. ;)(less)
Abigail Owen Yes! But the way it turns out in terms of who has the power/what powers may not be obvious from the start. :)

Start your review of The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
My first dragon shifter book. Who knew they could be so Badass?

What a great adventure and an awesome romance. I loved this book, it has a powerful ending and terrific fight scenes. This book was the story of Kasia and Brand. Brand is a rogue dragon shifter due to the fact that Uhler, King of the Gold clan killed his family when Brand was a boy and took over the throne of the Gold clan. Brand hid in the mountain caves and has been a rogue ever since.

Rogue dragons don’t generally survive, they are
Vaishali • [V.L. Book Reviews]
R A T I N G: 4 stars to The Rogue King! ★ ★ ★ ★

A prize sought by every creature. Legend held that the man who captured a phoenix would be blessed. Unable to put a foot wrong. Every choice the right one. Every action leading to greater fortune. Except legend had it wrong. The man had to capture the phoenix’s heart. The man who’d come for her would never have her heart.’

“That girl has a bleeding heart,” Ladon snarled.
“Or a death wish,” Brand tacked on.

A phoenix is a temptation and a trophy wor
Anna *Bran. San. Stan*
3.25 stars: Having had trouble rating this, I decided to take a few days to try and sort out the ambivalence I feel towards this book. Here is what I came up with:

Firstly, we’ve got ourselves yet another bond trope; the type where they (eventually) know they’re destined for each other, will be stronger together and can even hear each other’s thoughts at some point. Must be so nice.

What is not nice, however, is that despite the fact the reader basically knows from the beginning the H and the h a
Nicola
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
You can’t beat immersing yourself in fantasy world with larger than life characters and plenty of storyline potential, and that’s exactly what Abigail Owen has created in the first in her Inferno Rising series.

description Has anyone ever told you that you’re hot as a giant lizard? And I don’t mean because of the fire.”

As is often the case with first books in this genre, the set-up does initially move at a steadier pace as we’re introduced to characters who are clearly going to play their part in the ove
Madison Warner Fairbanks
The Rogue King by Abigail Owen

Dragons and a Phoenix and the occasional cellphone reference, oh my.
They’ve lived hundreds of years and are just now finding their fate with a mate.
The kingdoms are still fighting for power between Gold, Blue and other races of dragons.
First in a romance series of sister Phoenix.
Not a cliffhanger but only the beginning of the dragon wars as the most dreaded of the powerful is still out there stirring up trouble.

The heroine, Kasia is strong and capable of protec
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️

🌼Follow me on Instagram for more edits🌼

"Legend held that the man who captured a phoenix would be blessed. Unable to put a foot wrong. Every choice the right one. Every action leading to greater fortune."

This book had it all!! everything that a brilliant paranormal/fantasy book needs: shifters, dragons, phoenixes, action packed, steam, world building, intrigue , complexity and amazing secondary characters.

Brand is a dragon shifter, from the Gold clan, a rogue one,more like a mer
Cindy ✩☽♔
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
An action-packed, sexy adventure filled with plenty of sexual tension, dragons fights, brotherhood, revenge, and of course dragon clan politics.

Fast-paced and easy to read this book is my favorite one set in this universe. So far. There's always room for growth right?

Characters
Kasia is the eldest of four sisters (quadruplets), whose mother was the last known phoenix in the world. Or at least, she was until she surrendered her powers over to her daughters before promptly being murdered. So for
Jacob Proffitt
Two factors lead me to DNF this. The more serious is that I just got tired of Brand. He's all single-minded in his quest for vengeance, except when the author distracts him so the bad guy can get away. He's a bitter loner with a poor-me complex that blinds him to every good thing about, well everything. Including himself. Which means that Kasia gets the short end of the stick over and over again, with a bleak future of what amounts to sexual slavery.

Which is the second issue because once I broke
Marta Cox
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, my-reviews
As much as I've enjoyed this authors Dragon stories I've never given a 5 rating until now and this book deserves it ! We have Brand a rogue Dragon desperate for revenge and loyal to the King of the Blue Dragons but unfortunately he is not trusted by many. His latest mission is to track down the impossible and that is the last Phoenix. Kasia saw her mother die because of a Dragon so has absolutely no reason to trust any of them but when her existence is discovered its Brand who fights by her side ...more
♥ WishfulMiss ♥

Except legend had it wrong. The man had to capture the phoenix's heart.

Dragon and Phoenix shifters? Say no more, just gimme!

From page one, I was pulled right into this fast paced paranormal romance. I loved the author's take on the shifter world and the politics and intrigue. But hands down, I loved the romance.

Since being rippe
Dianne
Her mother died so she may live free, but always on the run. Kasia is a Phoenix, a prize that brings great power and immortality to whomever finds and mates with her. She is also one of the greatest prizes a dragon king could ever possess and one hunter is hot on her tale, a rogue dragon with his own agenda and his own secrets.

Brand has a job to do, a mission to complete and his reward was once all he ever wanted, to belong to a dragon clan, something taken from him when his parents died. He nev
Sherwood Smith
This shifter paranormal was sheer fun.

In case you don't know what shifter paranormal romances are, they are HUUUUUUGE over at Kindle e-books. (Check out Zoe Chant for a good example.)

In shifter romances, heroes (and heroines at times) have animal souls, or selves, and they can shift into these animals. Sometimes they have powers. They live among us normal humans, keeping their shifter selves secret, and their culture is a palimpsest over ours. The romances are lusty with high-octane romance, oft
Katie Utterly Unashamed
3.5 stars for now..... I need to process this one.....

I loved the writing. I enjoyed the storyline for the most part.

BUT, I hated that it took the entire fucking book for these two to figure their shit out. Fuck it took them to the 70% mark to realize they should be together. Then they are "together" for about 5 paragraphs before she is pissed at him and says they are over. Why do you have to do this! It took everything in me to finish this book, I was that annoyed.

But luckily I was intrigued
Simply Love Book Reviews
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great story! I really enjoyed the world and the characters that the author created. The hero, Brand, is a dragon shifter that does not belong to any of the dragon clans. He is considered a rogue. He is sent on a mission to find a phoenix with the stipulation that he hand her over to one the dragon kings. Kasia is feisty and fearless. She has been in hiding until Brand finds her. As the two make their way, they encounter danger at ever turn. As they fight their way through their oppone ...more
Giorgia Reads
4 stars

Highly enjoyable. Will definitely continue the series. I like the concept and the world building.
Carole (Carole's Random Life)
This review can also be found at https://carolesrandomlife.com/

You just really can’t go wrong with dragons! I haven’t read too many shifter romances lately but I almost always seem to enjoy them when I do pick them up. This was the first book in Inferno Rising series and I am now thinking that there may be more of these books on my tbr very soon. I enjoyed this book quite a bit. There was a moment when I worried that the book might not be right for me but things started to click and I was soon s
InD'tale Magazine
Overall, readers will want to jump into this book and be a part of this world!

Read full review in the 2019 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

I started this and then put it down cause Donna Grant has ruined me for dragon shifter books. I am very glad I gave this book a second chance.

Kasia is a phoenix in hiding and Brand is a rogue dragon. They are chased around the world where Brand is supposed to hand her over to a dragon king for a place in the clan. Of course, love happens and Brand keeps her for himself. Lots of drama and action.

Nice epilogue, until the mini cliffy with Brand's friend and Kasia's sister.
Milla
3 stars... I guess

Listen.

Ugh.

This book was so close to being fantastic. With the way this book was going, I was sure it would be just shy of a 5 star read, until we go to like 80%. Which is RUDE because we we're so close to the end! The finish line was in sight and I could have been so happy overall and instead the author chose to fuck it up for...reasons.

What went wrong you ask?

We went from having a heroine with all the best PNR qualities:

✓ headstrong but willing to see reason
✓ take no-sh
Crystal Cook
Sep 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2021
Really enjoyed this and can't wait to read more in this series! Great plot and pacing, the romance was SO SWOONY. This hero reminds me of a Kresley Cole hero who is out of his mind protective of his woman. Loved the dragon shifter and Phoenix elements.

The only reason I'm docking a star is because of a specific thing I don't like about the fated mates trope.
Alaina
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Yes, this had all the smuttiness that I needed.

The Rogue King was such a fun book to dive into. Wasn't expecting all of that sexiness to just be shoved into my face but I'm also not complaining one bit either. In it, you will meet Kasia and Brand. What Brand - like Hershey's? No, his name is just Brand. Weird - I know.

Now these two had amazing chemistry, like right from the start. Plus, this is a dragon shifter book so I was of
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Eh. It didn't wow me or disappoint me, it was just there. ...more
Bethany (Beautifully Bookish Bethany)
2.5 stars rounded up

A dragon shifter romance with a protective alpha hero that could be fun if you don't think too hard about anything that's happening. Like the political dynamics that don't quite make sense or the sexually predatory setup of having dragon males "mate" with weaker species because dragon females are infertile. And if one of them can get himself a phoenix he becomes high king, for reasons that are unclear. And I'm really over the trope of villains in a romance sexually assaulting
Mar, Queen of Darkness
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
I love this book!
Brand was an awesome character. I loved his dry humor and mysterious way of dodging Kasia's questions.
And Kasia is kickass. I loved how she wasn't shy about her sexuality or going after what she wanted. The first love scene... OMG.
The progression of their romance made perfect sense, and I got from the beginning to the end how they fell in love. At the same time, Brand's dedication to his chosen path and reason for denying Kasia was legit, and I respected him for not giving in t
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

4.5 PNR Love Stars

“Sleep, sweetheart. I’ll make sure you’re safe.”
“I know you will.”

What a heart-stopping addictive introduction to the writings of Abigail Owen! If you’ve been hanging out for a sexy, suspenseful and intricately woven Paranormal, then you must add The Rogue King to your TBR! You’ll find Dragons, Phoenix, Vampires, Wolves and shifters. Oh my! And that’s just the start! What a story!

A centuries-old need for revenge and a centuries-old secret collide in this Paranormal romance that
Christa
In a world of shifters, there’s one being that’s so rare it’s thought to be a myth - the Phoenix.

A prize sought by every creature.

Brand is a rogue dragon working with the Ladon, king of the blue dragons, in order to gain loyalty so he can avenge his parents.

Everything he’d done in his life, every single step, every job, every horr
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
REVIEWED ADVANCE COPY THIS BOOK "THE ROGUE KING"
Good Start to a new Dragon/Paranormal series by Abigail Owens.

In this relm of fantastical paranormal creature this story centers around the Dragon Clans, Blue, Red, White and Golden Clans each has a King. Each King wants to be reign and become High King over all the kings and the clans. But first they must mate a female Phoenix Shifter.

Kasia Amon is being hunted by the Kings of the Clan. Her mother Serefina was murder by Pytheios of the Red Clan
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-2019
Thanks to NetGalley for this title. I read and reviewed this title voluntarily.

Can I have the next one now please? I just have to read about the next couple because it's all I can think about after finishing this one!

I've never read this author before but when I saw this title on NetGalley... I asked for it. It sounded so good and I was not let down! I was kind of in a reading slump and this book pulled me out of it! It's that good! If you love fiery heroins that don't take crap from anyone an
Julia
Lail
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars! The Rouge King by Abigail Owen
Fantastic story brought to life by great characters and awesome creatures.
It is a wickedly fun and exciting story filled to the brim with badass hunky dominate male dragon and wolf shifters and take no crap heroines!
The story is well written and has great world building, strong witty characters, great plots, twist and turns that keeps a reader rooted. I’ve never been a big fan of shifter novels so this was a welcome and pleasant surprise! This author is ne

• Fury Unleashed (Forgotten Brotherhood, #1)
  • War of Hearts (True Immortality, #1)
  • The Best Friend Problem (Mile High Happiness, #1)
  • His to Defend
  • Heart of Fire (Legends of the Storm, #1)
  • A Bad Breed (Gaslamp Gothic, #3)
  • The Nanny Rules
  • Ancient Protector (Ancients Rising, #1)
  • Raider’s Treasure (Alpha Barbarians #1)
  • Manhattan Dragon (The Treasure of Paragon, #3)
  • Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #2)
  • Hour of the Wolf (Maggie's Grove, #5)
  • Dragon Next Door (Forgotten Dragons, #1)
  • Darkness Rising (Darkness, #8)
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • Elf King (The Crystal Kingdom, #2)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
See top shelves…
Multi-award-winning author, Abigail Owen, writes adult paranormal romance & upper YA fantasy romance. She loves plots that move hot and fast, feisty heroines with sass, heroes with heart, a dash of snark, and oodles of HEAs! Other titles include wife, mother, Star Wars geek, ex-competitive skydiver, spreadsheet lover, eMBA, organizational guru, Texan, Aggie, and chocoholic.

Abigail attempted to fin

Inferno Rising (4 books)
  • The Blood King (Inferno Rising, #2)
  • The Warrior King (Inferno Rising, #3)
  • The Cursed King (Inferno Rising #4)