Start by marking “The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)

The Rogue King

(Inferno Rising #1)

Kasia Amon is a master at hiding. Who—and what—she is makes her a mark for the entire supernatural world. Especially dragon shifters. To them, she’s treasure to be taken and claimed. A golden ticket to their highest throne. But she can’t stop bursting into flames, and there’s a sexy dragon shifter in town hunting for her...

As a rogue dragon, Brand Astarot has spent his lif
Expected publication: July 30th 2019 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about The Rogue King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rogue King

Crissy
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read from this author and it definitely won't be my last. It was absolutely fantastic!!! This paranormal story was non-stop action from beginning to end. I loved the characters, the storyline and the authors writing style. I cannot wait to read the next book in this series. The female characters in this story, especially Kasia were not weak in any way. I love that they say what they want and mean what they say. They hold their own against all of the male characters an ...more
Carissa
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ohhh, this is a first read by this author for me and I really enjoyed this one. The world building was good. This is just what I look for in a paranormal read. Oh boy and the epilogue sets up for the next one and I can't wait.

I received this book at my request and have voluntarily left this unbiased review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Neyjour
My review will be added on July 3rd, 2019.
Publication/release is on July 30th, 2019

Professional Reader

Note: I voluntarily read/requested this book at NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.
Patty
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kasia is special and has been hiding her whole life. What she is… a rare find in the paranormal world and that makes it dangerous for her. Her mother was murdered for what they are. But she has been having visions and with the visions come uncontrollable fire and pain. So she is forced out of hiding to seek the help of a doctor. One who specializes in paranormals.

Brand is a rogue dragon shifter with a quest for revenge. To take out the man who killed his family. He has been on his own since he w
Olivia Farr
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE ROGUE KING is a thrilling new spin-off series perfect for fans of Donna Grant and Sherrilyn Kenyon. As a fan of Owen’s dragon shifters, FIRE’S EDGE series, I was excited to pick up this new book- and dare I say, it is even better than FIRE’S EDGE, which I also love. This new series combines the dragon shifters with other paranormal creatures and expands this delightful fantasy world.

In this book, Kasia is a phoenix who has long been hiding for hundreds of years with her mother and sisters. S
Jewlsbookblog
I loved Kasia! She was spirited, resourceful, and full of surprises! She made no bones about having an opinion and when facing a roomful of dragon shifters, that’s saying something! She also had the coolest creature for a pet, even if he left a smoky smell behind. And then there’s Brand. He was awesome! A rogue dragon shifter with a mercenary status and hidden secrets, even other shifters don’t really mess with him. He also underestimated Kasia once, but it was enough for him to figure out he’s ...more
Christina
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

Oh. My. Holy. Dragon heaven Batman!!!! After falling in love with this author's other Dragon series, Fire's Edge, I KNEW I had to pick this up. Thank goodness I did because I couldn't put this down...and I still want MORE!!!!!

Kasia isn't your typical woman. In fact, she's extremely rare and considered a valued object. Yes, you heard that right, object. Being a phoenix, she has the power that would give any dragon shifter the
Teresa
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**I received a copy of The Rogue King (Inferno Rising) from Net Galley and Entangled Amara in exchange for a voluntary and honest review. My opinions expressed below are mine alone and not solicited.**

The Rogue King by Abigail Owen is the first book in her Inferno Rising series and boy is it ever a wild ride from start to finish. The first chapter begins with Serefina (Kasia's mother) who'll protect her daughters even giving her own life. As she's a Phoenix they're a a prize to the Dragon Clans
Sandra
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The Rogue King is a great start to a new series by Abigail Owen. Right from the prologue, the story pulls you in. You are already a witness to what a mother will do to protect their young. This is Kasia’s story.

Kasia and her three younger sisters were separated for their protection and each have been in hiding for the past year. Kasia had to come out of hiding when uncontrollable events starts to happen to her. Unfortunately, her possible lineage may have been outed and the first to find her is
Julie
She was spirited, resourceful, and full of surprises! I loved Kasia. She knew exactly who and what she was, she knew of the “other world” (shifters and magic) she also knew the dangers, (her mother had been killed at an early age, and had instilled the need to be wary and cautious) her mother had sent her daughters away from each other with the aid of magic, she was being hunted by a dragon king who had heard of the legend “he who mates a Phoenix will rule all the dragon houses” and he wanted Ka ...more
Sandy Kelly
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 1 in the Inferno Rising series. It's about Brand Astarot and Kasia Amon. Brand is a rogue who has been sent to find the one being who is basically a one way ticket to the high throne. Delivering her to the Blood King will earn him a place in the clan and move him one step closer to giving him his chance at retribution. Kasia has been in hiding her whole life and is just trying to not only survive but to try to stay out of the hands of the dragons. What she never expects is for her k ...more
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
**Copy Provided by Netgalley and Entangled Publishing LLC, for an honest review**

This is the first book that i have read by this author and i can say without a doubt i will be reading more of her work, and will definitely be looking at reading the rest of this series. This book was awesome.

The book starts with a Prologue a year prior letting us know how Kasia's life changed and is from the point of view of her mother Serafina and the race to get to her daughters and depart her powers to them.

The
BookWormAli
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Abigail Owen Is very talented at creating unique worlds and intriguing characters. This story follows alongside her Fires Edge series. The characters are intriguing and have compelling backstories.

I liked the idea of a phoenix being crucial to the High King. It made for intrigue and gave a different spin to dragon shifter lore.
Kasia is one of 4 sisters born to the last phoenix. Never before have there been 4 daughters born and I wonder where Ms Owen plans to take the story with that nugget. Kas
Petula
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kasia Amon is a very rare Phoenix. She has lived all her life hiding from others who would enslave her and use her just because of the legends about her kind. Unfortunately she has had to seek help for the side effects of her recent visions.
Brand Astarot is a dragon shifter without a clan. To try and get accepted he is going to find the one creature that could make his bestfriend the High King of the dragons.
This is an exciting and firey story, full of danger and smoking hot sex scenes. Just a
Lail
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars! The Rouge King by Abigail Owen
Fantastic story brought to life by great characters and awesome creatures.
It is a wickedly fun and exciting story filled to the brim with badass hunky dominate male dragon and wolf shifters and take no crap heroines!
The story is well written and has great world building, strong witty characters, great plots, twist and turns that keeps a reader rooted. I’ve never been a big fan of shifter novels so this was a welcome and pleasant surprise! This author is ne
Mary Seaman
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by Edelweiss

I randomly chose this book based on the cover and I’m glad I did. I loved this mix of many fantasy characters with the real world, then the world building of hidden dragon kingdoms. It was fun to read and with the slow romance and battles, I was turning the pages as fast as I could.

Kasia is the kind of female I like seeing in stories. She doesn’t just sit back to be saved, she learns to fight and use her powers. She isn’t oblivious of the danger around her and wants to
Maranda
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice Paranormal romance between a dragon and a phoenix. As the war continues between the colorful dragons their only hope for peace is to find and mate with this extinct being. Rogue dragon, Brand Astarot, has a mission to locate this bird and bring her back to the Blue Dragon. Only problem is when Kasia Amon is found many will fight to the death to claim her. Enjoyable new series that presented many interesting characters that will probably grace coming narratives. A copy of this book was provi ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Just fantastic!. I love the world building. I love the journey the author is taking us on. I love the strong heroine Kasia. Great humor and banter throughout. Wonderful secondary characters to keep your interest. Loved the tie in with Fallon and the Dragons in the 'colonies".

I feel a bit deprived having to wait for the next book, but I am anxious to read more in this series.

*Complimentary copy provided via Netgalley for an honest review.
Celeste
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so AWESOME!!! I’m sure exactly what I was expecting but this was so much more! Nothing new in the evolution of these characters, but the dynamics and the flow of the story was fast paced at times and smooth at others . I enjoyed every page, the build up and discoveries along the way were exciting to read. I’m looking forward to the next story in this addicting new series.
Mary
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read a few books by this author and this was my favorite fantasy romance yet! I really enjoyed the dynamic between Kasia and Brand and liked how their romance was developed. Looking forward to the next shifter romance in the series!

** I received this ARC from netgalley in exchange for an honest review**
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Dragon shifter stories are hit or miss for me, but I really enjoyed The Rogue King. The world building was great, and the writing flowed wonderfully. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series. Review to come...
Lyndsey Ind
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved the chemistry and banter between Kasia and Brand. Definitely not a boring read. Can’t wait to read the next book in the series.
Karen Fisher
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: karen-fisher
What a great book! I loved how the author kept me guessing. With a Phoenix, Dragons and a variety of other sups this was a riveting read.
Tracey
I love a dragon shifter book and have read others by this author. This is a different book as it features dragons and a Phoenix <3

Brand is a rogue dragon, his on a mission for a dragon king. I really liked him, he tries to keep his distance from the lady his escorting but there is something about her.

Kasia, she lost her mum and was split from her sisters for her own protection, all because she is a rare breed of preternatural. She is no shrinking violet and is a perfect match for the sometime
Bev
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Rogue King
by Abigail Owen

Brand a dragon king with no clan, a rogue for hire. Kasia is a Phoenix in hiding, and constantly goes up in flames as she has visions.

It all started in a paranormal psychiatric hospital. She thought she’d be safe and get some help, but she was unaware of the betrayal that had taken place. When a dragon shows up to check her out to verify what she is, she’s finds he’s the man from her visions. Kasia decides it’s time to leave quickly and quietly. And that’s the beginn
Grace
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading 'The Rogue King' so much so that I finished it in one sitting! Kasia is witty, strong and independent and both main characters, Kasia and Brand, were really likeable and had amazing chemistry together. The background plot was very interesting and I'm excited to see where this rest of this series goes. I can't wait for the next book!

Anadosen
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kasia Amon is a master at hiding. Who and what she is makes her a mark for the entire supernatural world. Especially dragon shifters. When I started reading I couldn't put it down.Abigail Owen is magnifysent and amazing writer.I cannot wait to read more of there books.Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.Can't wait for the next book.
ALR
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc copy of this book from NetGalley for my honest review. This book series follows along with the author’s dragon king series Fire’s Edge, but has a nice little twist with many more types of paranormal characters. Kasia is a Phoenix having just come into her powers upon her mother’s death. Brand is a rogue dragon looking for revenge. Their relationship is a gradual build, instead of an instaromance with a nice blend of attraction and humor. Along their journey Brand comes to reali ...more
Kate
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley.

This was my 3rd read of Abigail Owen. It takes place in the same world as her other dragon stories like The Boss and The Rookie. I've enjoyed reading about this world and the different dynamics and politics coming into play.

There's lots of action, dragon shifting, and other various supernatural elements. I liked Brand and Kasia even though I didn't feel like this story had as much relationship development as some of her other stories. There is
ShinyObject
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced reader's copy of The Rogue King by Abigail Owen from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I had previously read a few other novels by Abigail Owen that I enjoyed so I held my breath a little starting this book in case it didn't measure up. Happily, it was as enjoyable as the others and there was no need to worry!

Overall, I this was a solid romance and I found it to be well written. Nothing was outside of the norm for this book genre, but the primary
Award-winning paranormal romance author, Abigail Owen, grew up consuming books and exploring the world through her writing. She attempted to find a practical career related to her favorite pastime by earning a degree in English Rhetoric (Technical Writing). However, she swiftly discovered that writing without imagination is not nearly as fun as writing with it.

No matter the genre, she loves to wri