Start by marking “The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)

The Rogue King

(Inferno Rising #1)

Kasia Amon is a master at hiding. Who—and what—she is makes her a mark for the entire supernatural world. Especially dragon shifters. To them, she’s treasure to be taken and claimed. A golden ticket to their highest throne. But she can’t stop bursting into flames, and there’s a sexy dragon shifter in town hunting for her...

As a rogue dragon, Brand Astarot has spent his lif
Published July 30th 2019 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about The Rogue King, please sign up.
Abigail Owen All my books end on an HEA for the couple themselves. So good note there. But there are overarching themes/plots across all four that might not all re…moreAll my books end on an HEA for the couple themselves. So good note there. But there are overarching themes/plots across all four that might not all resolve in one book, and I do like to set up future books with the epilogues. But no crazy cliffhangers. More like teensy tiny ones. ;)(less)
Abigail Owen Yes! But the way it turns out in terms of who has the power/what powers may not be obvious from the start. :)

Start your review of The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
My first dragon shifter book. Who knew they could be so Badass?

What a great adventure and an awesome romance. I loved this book, it has a powerful ending and terrific fight scenes. This book was the story of Kasia and Brand. Brand is a rogue dragon shifter due to the fact that Uhler, King of the Gold clan killed his family when Brand was a boy and took over the throne of the Gold clan. Brand hid in the mountain caves and has been a rogue ever since.

Rogue dragons don’t generally survive, they are
Madison Warner Fairbanks
The Rogue King by Abigail Owen

Dragons and a Phoenix and the occasional cellphone reference, oh my.
They’ve lived hundreds of years and are just now finding their fate with a mate.
The kingdoms are still fighting for power between Gold, Blue and other races of dragons.
First in a romance series of sister Phoenix.
Not a cliffhanger but only the beginning of the dragon wars as the most dreaded of the powerful is still out there stirring up trouble.

The heroine, Kasia is strong and capable of protec
Nicola
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
You can’t beat immersing yourself in fantasy world with larger than life characters and plenty of storyline potential, and that’s exactly what Abigail Owen has created in the first in her Inferno Rising series.

description Has anyone ever told you that you’re hot as a giant lizard? And I don’t mean because of the fire.”

As is often the case with first books in this genre, the set-up does initially move at a steadier pace as we’re introduced to characters who are clearly going to play their part in the ove
Anna *Bran. San. Stan*
3.25 stars: Having had trouble rating this, I decided to take a few days to try and sort out the ambivalence I feel towards this book. Here is what I came up with:

Firstly, we’ve got ourselves yet another bond trope; the type where thy (eventually) know they’re destined for each other, will be stronger together and can even hear each other’s thoughts at some point. Must be so nice.

What is not nice, however, is that despite the fact the reader basically knows from the beginning the H and the h ar
Cindy ✩☽♔
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
An action-packed, sexy adventure filled with plenty of sexual tension, dragons fights, brotherhood, revenge, and of course dragon clan politics.

Fast-paced and easy to read this book is my favorite one set in this universe. So far. There's always room for growth right?

Characters
Kasia is the eldest of four sisters (quadruplets), whose mother was the last known phoenix in the world. Or at least, she was until she surrendered her powers over to her daughters before promptly being murdered. So for
Marta Cox
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
As much as I've enjoyed this authors Dragon stories I've never given a 5 rating until now and this book deserves it ! We have Brand a rogue Dragon desperate for revenge and loyal to the King of the Blue Dragons but unfortunately he is not trusted by many. His latest mission is to track down the impossible and that is the last Phoenix. Kasia saw her mother die because of a Dragon so has absolutely no reason to trust any of them but when her existence is discovered its Brand who fights by her side ...more
Dianne
Her mother died so she may live free, but always on the run. Kasia is a Phoenix, a prize that brings great power and immortality to whomever finds and mates with her. She is also one of the greatest prizes a dragon king could ever possess and one hunter is hot on her tale, a rogue dragon with his own agenda and his own secrets.

Brand has a job to do, a mission to complete and his reward was once all he ever wanted, to belong to a dragon clan, something taken from him when his parents died. He nev
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️

Check out my Instagram page

"Legend held that the man who captured a phoenix would be blessed. Unable to put a foot wrong. Every choice the right one. Every action leading to greater fortune."

This book had it all!! everything that a brilliant paranormal/fantasy book needs: shifters, dragons, phoenixes, action packed, steam, world building, intrigue , complexity and amazing secondary characters.

Brand is a dragon shifter, from the Gold clan, a rogue one,more like a mercenary that doe
♥ WishfulMiss ♥

Except legend had it wrong. The man had to capture the phoenix's heart.

Dragon and Phoenix shifters? Say no more, just gimme!

From page one, I was pulled right into this fast paced paranormal romance. I loved the author's take on the shifter world and the politics and intrigue. But hands down, I loved the romance.

Since being rippe
Sherwood Smith
This shifter paranormal was sheer fun.

In case you don't know what shifter paranormal romances are, they are HUUUUUUGE over at Kindle e-books. (Check out Zoe Chant for a good example.)

In shifter romances, heroes (and heroines at times) have animal souls, or selves, and they can shift into these animals. Sometimes they have powers. They live among us normal humans, keeping their shifter selves secret, and their culture is a palimpsest over ours. The romances are lusty with high-octane romance, oft
InD'tale Magazine
Overall, readers will want to jump into this book and be a part of this world!

Read full review in the 2019 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

I started this and then put it down cause Donna Grant has ruined me for dragon shifter books. I am very glad I gave this book a second chance.

Kasia is a phoenix in hiding and Brand is a rogue dragon. They are chased around the world where Brand is supposed to hand her over to a dragon king for a place in the clan. Of course, love happens and Brand keeps her for himself. Lots of drama and action.

Nice epilogue, until the mini cliffy with Brand's friend and Kasia's sister.
Alaina
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Yes, this had all the smuttiness that I needed.

The Rogue King was such a fun book to dive into. Wasn't expecting all of that sexiness to just be shoved into my face but I'm also not complaining one bit either. In it, you will meet Kasia and Brand. What Brand - like Hershey's? No, his name is just Brand. Weird - I know.

Now these two had amazing chemistry, like right from the start. Plus, this is a dragon shifter book so I was of
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This was a great story! I really enjoyed the world and the characters that the author created. The hero, Brand, is a dragon shifter that does not belong to any of the dragon clans. He is considered a rogue. He is sent on a mission to find a phoenix with the stipulation that he hand her over to one the dragon kings. Kasia is feisty and fearless. She has been in hiding until Brand finds her. As the two make their way, they encounter danger at ever turn. As they fight their way through their oppone ...more
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Eh. It didn't wow me or disappoint me, it was just there.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

4.5 PNR Love Stars

“Sleep, sweetheart. I’ll make sure you’re safe.”
“I know you will.”

What a heart-stopping addictive introduction to the writings of Abigail Owen! If you’ve been hanging out for a sexy, suspenseful and intricately woven Paranormal, then you must add The Rogue King to your TBR! You’ll find Dragons, Phoenix, Vampires, Wolves and shifters. Oh my! And that’s just the start! What a story!

A centuries-old need for revenge and a centuries-old secret collide in this Paranormal romance that
Christa
In a world of shifters, there’s one being that’s so rare it’s thought to be a myth - the Phoenix.

A prize sought by every creature.

Brand is a rogue dragon working with the Ladon, king of the blue dragons, in order to gain loyalty so he can avenge his parents.

Everything he’d done in his life, every single step, every job, every horr
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-2019
Thanks to NetGalley for this title. I read and reviewed this title voluntarily.

Can I have the next one now please? I just have to read about the next couple because it's all I can think about after finishing this one!

I've never read this author before but when I saw this title on NetGalley... I asked for it. It sounded so good and I was not let down! I was kind of in a reading slump and this book pulled me out of it! It's that good! If you love fiery heroins that don't take crap from anyone an
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
*New author for me

I LOVED this story. I have to say at; first, I was like what am I reading, and I was a little not confused, just kind of not into it. But it did not take long for me to jump into the story and not want to put it down.

The Rogue King is a story about the dragon fractions, war, the phoenix history, and finding your mate. This story is so much more than just an ordinary dragon story. Abigail brought a new storyline to the dragon theme, and I loved it.

The Rogue King is an acti
Julia
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Just fantastic!. I love the world building. I love the journey the author is taking us on. I love the strong heroine Kasia. Great humor and banter throughout. Wonderful secondary characters to keep your interest. Loved the tie in with Fallon and the Dragons in the 'colonies".

I feel a bit deprived having to wait for the next book, but I am anxious to read more in this series.

*Complimentary copy provided via Netgalley for an honest review.
Somia
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brand is a rogue dragon shifter tracking Kasia in order to bring her to a friend/ally, as a phoenix, Kasia's a hot commodity that could lead to some massive shifts in power and control. Focused on goals that will allow him to gain revenge Brand is unprepared for Kasia and the desire she unleashes.

Wanted a tiny bit more heat to simmer off the pages but still good and both MCs had me engaged and interested. Only thing wish Brand took less time to realise (view spoiler)
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
REVIEWED ADVANCE COPY THIS BOOK "THE ROGUE KING"
Good Start to a new Dragon/Paranormal series by Abigail Owens.

In this relm of fantastical paranormal creature this story centers around the Dragon Clans, Blue, Red, White and Golden Clans each has a King. Each King wants to be reign and become High King over all the kings and the clans. But first they must mate a female Phoenix Shifter.

Kasia Amon is being hunted by the Kings of the Clan. Her mother Serefina was murder by Pytheios of the Red Clan
Lail
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars! The Rouge King by Abigail Owen
Fantastic story brought to life by great characters and awesome creatures.
It is a wickedly fun and exciting story filled to the brim with badass hunky dominate male dragon and wolf shifters and take no crap heroines!
The story is well written and has great world building, strong witty characters, great plots, twist and turns that keeps a reader rooted. I’ve never been a big fan of shifter novels so this was a welcome and pleasant surprise! This author is ne
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I am so excited about Brand and Kasia and the mythology between the story about Phoenix birds and dragons. I loved the world building to this story and seriously could not stop reading. I loved Kasia and Brand's story and the chemistry that could not be denied between them!

Overall I loved how protective Brand was over Kasia and the attraction and draw between them even if they didn't necessarily understand why. This story is a standalone but will be a part of a series I assume with Kasia's remai
Melindam
Not bad for a kick-off, an entertaining but rather bland shifter/paranormal romance. The backstory about dragon politics is interesting though.
More detailed review to come.
Sherry Fundin
She chose her moment to die…to save her children!

It is insta love, which in the dragon world is very acceptable, and Brand has an overwhelming need to help the woman covered in flames.

Kasia has seen him in her visions. She has been waiting for him. Everyone wants her…dragons, werewolves, vampires… for their own reasons, but no one will make her do something that isn’t right for her.

Brand is a rogue, unclaimed by any dragon clan.

Though the theme, dragons and paranormal romance is familiar, the Ph
Sofie Sehested
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked this paranormal/fantasy romance between the Rouge Brand and the Phoenix Kasia.

I loved the world building and all the characters I met in this book, but there was a lot of them and sometimes it was hard to remember who they were and who they meant something to.
It is a world full of dragon shifters, wolf shifters, Phoenixs, demons, vampires and many other creatures. This world is hidden to human beings on this earth and the dragon shifters lives in the different mountains all over t
Tanya Davis
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it

The Rogue King is book one in the Inferno Rising series by Abigail Owens. I was so excited! We were treated to dragon shifters! Probably one of my favorite types of shifters.

We get a brief overview of the world and the phoenix characters at the beginning so we kind of have a starting point. Phoenixes are rare and as far as we know, Kasia and her

Kelsey
Kasia and Brand were an interesting pair. They spent way too long denying what was happening, imo, but I think it worked out in the end.

And I never read the previews for the next book but damn I did and I can't wait. August is a long way away!

• War of Hearts (True Immortality #1)
  • Promise of Darkness (Dark Court Rising, #1)
  • Fury Unleashed (Forgotten Brotherhood #1)
  • Ancient Protector (Ancients Rising, #1)
  • A Heart of Blood and Ashes (A Gathering of Dragons, #1)
  • Choosing Theo (Clecanian #1)
  • Ancient Enemy (Ancients Rising #2)
  • Arctic Bite (Forgotten Brotherhood, #2)
  • Kiss of Vengeance (True Immortality #2)
  • Heart of Fire (Legends of the Storm, #1)
  • The Power of Hades (The Hades Trials, #1)
  • Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
  • Omens (Dark in You, #6)
  • A Touch of Stone and Snow (A Gathering of Dragons, #2)
  • The Orchid Throne (Forgotten Empires, #1)
  • Storm of Fury (Legends of the Storm, #4)
  • When He’s Dark  (The Olympus Pride, #1)
Do you love plots that move hot and fast, feisty heroines with sass, heroes with heart, a dash of snark, and oodles of HEAs? You do?!?! Welcome!

Abigail Owen is a multi-award-winning author of paranormal romance and upper YA/new adult fantasy romance. Other favorite titles include wife, mother, Star Wars geek, ex-competitive skydiver, spreadsheet lover, Dr. Seuss quoter, eMBA, organizational guru,

Inferno Rising (4 books)
  • The Blood King (Inferno Rising, #2)
  • The Warrior King (Inferno Rising, #3)
  • Untitled (Inferno Rising, #4)

News & Interviews