Start by marking “Issaura's Claws (Incarn Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
Issaura's Claws (Incarn Saga #1)

Issaura's Claws

(Incarn Saga #1)

“According to legend, when the world was young, the goddess Issaura appeared among men. Those who treated her with kindness received the gift of the gods—the ability to transform into an animal form. This was a great honor but one that separated this race from other humans. Before Issaura departed the mortal realm, she promised to return if her people were ever at the poin ...more
Published November 28th 2016 by Phaesporia Press

To ask other readers questions about Issaura's Claws, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Issaura's Claws

Start your review of Issaura's Claws (Incarn Saga #1)
Siobhan
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow. This read – just wow. Honestly, it was so much more than I’d anticipated. I was so very close to giving this one a five star rating.

If the truth is to be known, I went into this one not expecting much. The synopsis was interesting, yet I wasn’t one hundred percent sure what I would be receiving. A fantasy novel – yes. Some kind of shifter creatures – yes. A new mythology to wrap my head around – yes. Prejudice against women that would be overcome – yes to the former, hope
Katharine Wibell
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed By Ankita Shukla for Readers’ Favorite

Issaura's Claws by Katharine E Wibell is an impressive fiction work that focuses on breaking the stereotype of women as a weak gender. Lluava is a headstrong seventeen-year-old girl. She is not a human, though. She is a theriomorph -- a special race that looked like a human but could convert into an animal form. Although the law of Elysia does not divide the humans and theriomorphs, the animosity between these two races is evident on a daily basis.
Darkinreadsshit
Dnf 50%
Damn this sucks! The idea was really great so I was incredibly disappointed when the execution was terrible.
To sum it up, the entire thing feels cheap and badly constructed, the pacing is AWFUL (and that's something I rarely care about) and none of the characters' actions make sense.
Barbara Beggs
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-tours
4 stars
Well, well, well…. Wasn’t this fantastic. One of my goals for reading in 2020 was to look at genres out of my comfort zone and YA/Fantasy was one of them so when I saw the details of this blog tour I couldn’t wait to get my hands on these books and how often do you get the whole set might I add? I don’t want to say too much on this first book as it will give too much away but just know that this book is worth the read. And the next book and the next book and the last book. It literally h
Maya Powell
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Issaura’s Claws was written by Katharine E. Wibell and published by Phaesporia Press in 2016.

Wibell centers on racism in this story. She tells how the theriomorphs are oppressed by the humans and how, as a result, both groups don’t trust each other. She also tells how the two groups put aside there differences and work together to stop a new threat.

Lluava is the main character in this book. When the king announces a draft she volunteers to go not knowing that as a girl, she will not be trained t
ACME  TEEN BOOKS Kids, YA & NA Too!
I chose this book based on the plot and book cover but kept reading because of just how good it is! This fast-flowing, well-paced plot kept me spellbound as I read this fantasy saga based around teens yet it is not simply a book for teens. Adults will love it too... so much so that I have purchased the remaining three books! I love the author's imaginative style and would recommend it to any fan of fantasy fiction.

5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I received my copy of Issaura's Claws with thanks from Ms. Wibell and
Danny L Walling
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SIX STARS

If this book doesn't win the Best Book of the Year, then the judges didn't read it or they are dumb. What character development, I never seen an author do as well as Katharine. The story was outstanding and it kept you turning the pages and be prepared to lose sleep. There are many twist and turns and several surprises. The main characters are just GREAT and you will fall in love with them. Wish I could live in their time, just to see H/h mature. Said this before, but this book is a Mus
Steph
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I did not want this book to end. I picked this book because of the cover and prayed that it was a good book. Turns out it is a great book. I am horrible at writing reviews. But this book sucked me in. I found myself talking out loud to the book. Not only did I not see the bad guy coming. But a lot of the twists and turns I never thought would happen. I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy, Mythology, or YA books.
Natasha Clark-French
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was exactly what I needed. The writing was so incredible that even the melding of animal and human was completely believeable. I truly felt like I bonded with Lluava and even her "stupid young moments" had me shaking my head but holding my breath for her success too.

I will definitely be continuing this series, in fact I purchased books 2 and 3 before I was even done with this one.
Kathleen Cook
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Never ending

This book had a good story mixed in it in places, but I felt like by the time I got to the 50% mark this story was never going to end.
I felt like the author had random thoughts that needed to be weaved into her tale.
The ending was just tossed out there. I found I finally just wanted this story to end.
Thank you for the book.
Naomi Downing
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a very unique and interesting book. I liked how it had a strong female lead, she’s also different from everyone around her. I was instantly pulled in to this book, the world building and characters are very well written.

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what will come in the next book.
Roxy
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Four book series.

I picked this up to see if I liked the style then found I kept reading the story. Now its a fantasy saga based around teenagers which concentrates on a fast flowing plot. So good I purchased the other 3 book's in the series. Read and enjoy.
Stephanie
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a story. I just loved that it had a strong female lead character. I grabbed my place to be the first female to repair weapon systems on attack helicopters. I love finding stories where the female is a hard headed as I am. This book is an awesome read, I highly recommend.
Jim Ingram
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read!

Good plot and character development. Looking forward to reading the next installment and seeing how the story plays out. Would recommend to any fan of fantasy fiction.
Tarrant Smith
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Issaura's Claws is a wonderfully imaginative story from a very talented young author. The story is engaging and well paced.
Manda
Jul 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Slow and boring
Madeline Pierce
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome story, really entertaining! Strong female character is Hunger Games meets Mulan.
Yusdelmys Barzaga
Mar 18, 2019
Rhonda Terrell
Feb 21, 2019
Katharine Wibell
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed By Ankita Shukla for Readers’ Favorite

Beth Graybind
Mar 15, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Master of Salt & Bones
  • Curse of the Fae King (Dark Faerie Court #1)
  • Dragon-Ridden (Dragon Ridden Chronicles, #1)
  • Illusions of Grandeur (The Impossible Julian Strande, #1)
  • Ghosts & Liars (The Impossible Julian Strande, #2)
  • Voodoo Academy (Gates of Eden: The Voodoo Legacy, #1)
  • Shadow's Messenger (Aileen Travers, #1)
  • Moonlight's Ambassador (Aileen Travers, #3)
  • Broken Loyalty (Jacky Leon, #3)
  • Dawn's Envoy (Aileen Travers, #4)
  • Of Bone and Ruin (Dragon Ridden Chronicles, #2)
  • Magic Redeemed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #2)
  • Destruction's Ascent (Dragon Ridden Chronicles, #3)
  • Midnight's Emissary (Aileen Travers, #2)
  • Winter's Fury (Furyck Saga, #1)
  • Midlife Fairy Hunter (Forty Proof, #2)
  • Spiked (Sundance #1)
  • Ishtar's Blade (Ishtar's Legacy, #1)
From a very young age, stories and storytelling pursued me like a child’s imaginary friend. I created make-believe characters for every toy that my sister and I owned. Each had an individual personality, back-story, hopes, dreams, and reason for being. The villains were even more intriguing than the heroes and heroines. Why were they so evil? Had something horrible happened to them in their past? ...more

Incarn Saga (4 books)
  • Ullr's Fangs (Incarn Saga, #2)
  • Crocotta's Hackles (Incarn Saga #3)
  • Giahem's Talons (Incarn Saga #4)

News & Interviews