Start by marking “The Christmas Hitch (Mysterious Mixology, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Hitch (Mysterious Mixology, #1)

The Christmas Hitch

(Mysterious Mixology #1)

All they want for Christmas is love.

Charlie is desperate for company this Christmas. With his family and friends away for the holidays, he’s accepted he might have to spend the last few days of the year on his own.

Adam hopes his friend will invite him to spend Christmas with him. When he does, however, he’s on the other side of the country.

What happens when a train is halt
Published December 16th 2018 by Chris Ethan - Gay Romance

Start your review of The Christmas Hitch (Mysterious Mixology, #1)
Patricia Nelson
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet, charming, engaging, fantastic, lovely, wonderful, and awesome holiday tale with a touch of mysterious magic added. It's definitely guaranteed to have you saying "awww." ...more
Kirstin
Dec 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute quick read about two lonely men with a bit of magic sprinkled in.
T Paul
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very fun book. I love the underlying mystical, magic implications. The characters were perfect and just so good together. The HEA was absolutely delicious. A terrific story and it leaves you with a happy smile.
Katherine
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was fascinating and cute, with a good connection between the two main characters, but I felt that it would have been even better with just a little bit more added to it about the 'Mysterious Mixology' aspect.

Adam isn't just waiting for an invite to Christmas from a friend, he is waiting for it from someone that he believes is (or is going to be) his boyfriend. But the guy he is waiting for in a total jerk as all of his own friends keep trying to tell him. However, when an invite comes Adam
Helena Stone
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two men at their wits end when it comes to life in general and love in particular find each other and happiness thanks to a delightful combination of coincidence and mysterious encounters with someone who may not be who or what he presents himself as.

An adorable story that will leave you with a huge smile on your face once you’ve reached the end (and on one or two crucial moments during the story too). Charlie and Adam are so obviously made for each other it’s hard not to cheer when they find ea
Diane
I received a free copy from the author.

I'm not exactly sure how to categorize this book...whether it's a paranormal with spirits or angels, a fantasy or merely a romance with a lot of coincidences...but it was wonderful.

One man is looking for love and a relationship...another is looking for the same while trying to give someone another chance at the relationship he's currently in. Except he might be the only one in the relationship! Mysterious Mixology may be my favorite setting for a Christmas
Kitt
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fun, sweet Christmas read. I would have liked more development of the mysterious mixology element, but maybe there will be more coming since this is labeled as book #1. I loved the MCs. Both are truly special and generous people, but they can't seem to see it themselves. Both seem to rely on others for their validation. Hopefully the connection they formed on the train will turn into something special in the future.

I received a free ARC from the author. This is my honest, voluntary rev
Sarita Chapdelaine
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a cute and quirky story with an interesting storyline. The characters are good but I wish there was more time for their relationship to develop. Charlie and Adam are two sweet guys that have had bad luck with finding love. Their connection is instant when they meet and they have quite an adventure together. I really like the magical parts in this story and it would have been great if that was expanded on more. The secondary characters are fun and the ending is good.

I voluntarily reviewe
Esma
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really wished this story was longer but nevertheless I really enjoyed it. This is a really cute christmas
romance story about two strangers meeting on a train and they get they get snowed in but there's also a little magic involved from a stranger. Charlie and Adam are both looking for love but Adam is sort of in a relationship and Charlie can't seem to find that special someone that will accept him flaws and all. I enjoyed this story and getting to know it's characters. "I voluntarily reviewe
Tam
This has just a hint of magic with a mysterious bar/bartender/cocktail that play a role in theoretically putting the couple together. Both seemed a bit desperate, looking for someone to spend the holiday with and with Adam seeming very desperate to take the poor treatment of a borderline abusive boyfriend. It was cute as they got to know each other but just kept wondering why Adam took so much shit from a boyfriend of sorts. Still, it was an okay Christmas read with a tiny magical twist.
Linda
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
👍4 and a bit 🌟stars
Cute Christmas tale of strangers stranded together and finding their holidays not quite so bleak as they feared. There's a bit of magic or divine intervention, but I think the story would have been just as good if coincidence alone brought these two together. Sweet, short and leaves a good feeling of optimism for the future at the conclusion.
Lorraine
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story, the premise of being stuck on a train, with someone who makes you feel comfortable enough to be honest about yourself.

Neither Adam or Charlie has lots of self esteem, but it is any to see how each would encourage the other. A HFN ending which promises more.
I hope there would be more in the series
Silvia
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet Christmas story that had a touch of supernatural to it. It was about Charlie and Adam, two lonely men who meet on a train to London. I do wish it was a bit longer but all in all it was how I felt at the end of the book that made me enjoy it. Full of Christmas cheer!
Zane Kage
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5
Alison
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: already-have
This was a wonderful read.
I love the hope and wonder of the characters and the adventure at Christmas.
Looking forward to reading more from this great author, Thank you Chris
Mary Mary
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, xmas-holidays
sweet short xmas story with a little paranormal intervention
Wax
Definitely could've benefitted from a longer story. A cute way to have two strangers meet, and a promising start to a relationship, but the story felt thin.
Shaztwirl
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute, kinda kitsch, Christmas story.
Mrs.V
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the stuck together theme. There's something magical about Charlie and Adam being stuck together, and tjeir story is super cute.
Shelley Chastagner
Lisa
Jan 10, 2019

• 3 Dates
  • All I Want for Christmas...Is My Sister's Boyfriend
  • Quill Me Now (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #1; Bad Valentine, #2)
  • Temporary Dad (Bad Valentine, #4)
  • In Case of Emergency
  • The Clumsy Santa
  • Lumber Jacked (Rainbow Cove, #2.5)
  • Love, Your Secret Admirer
  • Santa Daddy
  • One Kiss
  • His First Christmas (His First, #1)
  • Ginger In The City: A Ginger Christmas
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • Hidden Hearts
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Campy (Ballsy Boys #4)
Chris Ethan is a book whore.

He enjoys selling his feelings for money and other pleasures and is blatantly unashamed to do so for as long as he breathes.

Chris writes stories of gay romance.

Before you delve into his books however, be warned: He likes putting his characters through shit-storms and hates anything conventional.

Except for that darned happy-ever-after. He loves happy-ever-afters.

Also

Mysterious Mixology (2 books)
  • My Royal Valentine (Mysterious Mixology, #2)

News & Interviews