Start by marking “Secrets of a Highland Warrior (The Lochmore Legacy, #4)” as Want to Read:
Secrets of a Highland Warrior (The Lochmore Legacy, #4)

Secrets of a Highland Warrior

(The Lochmore Legacy #4)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  71 ratings  ·  39 reviews
The key to his past…

…lies with the enemy sharing his bed!

Part of The Lochmore Legacy: a Scottish castle through the ages! Rory Lochmore had expected to wage battle, to claim land and finally secure his standing within his clan… Instead he won a wife. A McCrieff wife. Their convenient marriage could unite the two long-feuding clans forever. But can a political alliance give
Published June 1st 2019 by Harlequin Historical

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of a Highland Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of a Highland Warrior

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Secrets of a Highland Warrior (The Lochmore Legacy, #4)
Caz
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Secrets of a Highland Warrior is the fourth and final book in the  Lochmore Legacy  series, in which each instalment has been written by a different author and is set in a different time period.  Interestingly, the story began in the Victorian era (with His Convenient Highland Wedding) and then moved back through time so it’s here that readers finally discover the truth behind the centuries-old animosity between the Lochmore and McCrieff clans, the reason for the empty crypt and the origin of ...more
Tracy Emro
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

The Lochmores and the McCrieffs have been feuding for years, so when Rory Lochmore goes to meet with the McCrieff’s Tanist, Fredrick McCrieff to discuss the surrender of the lands awarded to the Lochmores by King Edward, he doesn’t expect to be welcomed and he certainly doesn’t expect to be offered the Tanist’s daughter’s hand in marriage!!

Ailsa McCrieff is not only the daughter of the clan’s Tanist, but she is also their healer and currently her primary patient it Hamish McCrieff, the
Rose
Secrets of a Highland Warrior is the fourth and final book in The Lochmore Legacy series by author Nicole Locke. Before I get into the actual review for this book, I first must applaud the authors involved in this series, Janice Preston, Lara Temple, Elisabeth Hobbes and Nicole Locke. It’s been an absolutely fantastic series and I'm saddened to leave these characters behind. Each book has been unique in its story, but yet seamlessly linked with its tie to the Lochmore Legacy. I do hope the autho ...more
AnnMarie
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secrets of a Highland Warrior is the fourth and final book in The Lochmore Legacy series. This series has been written by 4 different authors, and this book is by Nicole Locke.

The Lochmores and the McCrieffs have been enemies for a long time and when the King gives the Lochmores some of the McCrieff's land that feud is bound to escalate. The Lochmores have tried to communicate with the McCrieffs to see if they will adhere to the King's demands, or if they will have to fight to take what is right
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
So here we are, the last ever book in the Lochmore Legacy – unless of course there is going to be a Lochmore Heirs or something spin off?….Hint, hint! Anyway, it has taken me ages to write this review, mainly because I started bawling like an infant every time I came to say goodbye, I just couldn’t do it, but I have battled on and hopefully a review of this fine book will come through my waffle.

Anyone who knows me, will know how much I love a marriage of convenience, I love how the couple have t
Emma
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“The McCrieff-Lochmore Great Feud continues between us. Except…we could end it. Between us.”

The fourth and final instalment of the excellent Lochmore Legacy series finds Nicole Locke taking the reader back to 1293 and the story of Rory Lochmore and Ailsa McCrieff’s marriage of convenience that becomes a beautiful romance.
Readers of the previous instalments of this series will be familiar with Rory and Ailsa and their part in the wider Lochmore story, and here, we find out the origins of their re
Susan
Excellent conclusion to the series, as the last pieces of the puzzle begun in the first book are revealed. The year is 1293, and there have already been generations of hostility between the Lochmores and McCrieffs. Now that the English king granted a piece of the McCrieff's land to the Lochmores, it is time to claim that land. After months of their missives being ignored, Rory Lochmore, heir to the clan chief, is on the way to confront the leader of the McCrieffs. Fully expecting to meet resista ...more
Monique
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Impossible possibilities

A few months before, Edward, the English King, had given some of the McCrieffs' land to the Lochmores, precious land bordering the stream. And on a spring day of 1293, the two clans were to settle their differences. Rory Lochmore, acting on behalf of his father the clan chief, is ready for battle. Instead, he is met by Frederick McCrieff, the Tanist and heir apparent, and invited to partake in a meal. The clan Chief, Hamish, is gravely ill and tended to by Frederick's dau
Rachel (Rae)
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t believe that we have reached the fourth and final book in The Lochmore Legacy series I have loved every moment that I have spent with these characters. With it being the last book I was eager to read it but at the same time I didn’t want it to end!

In this book I found a marriage of convenience and an enemies to lovers trope and let’s just say it works so well. Nicole Locke wrote these two characters in such an engaging way showing me their hopes and fears along with how life between thes
Jessica Belmont
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my. Secrets of a Highland Warrior blew me away. I don’t know what I expected when I opened this book, but what I got was wonderful writing, believable characters and an intriguing plot. Nicole Locke is a gifted writer. Her words took my breath away, and had me imagining myself in this story. I could feel the emotions deep within myself as I read. I haven’t had this kind of reaction to a story in quite a while.

This story took me on a whirlwind of a journey. The plot is magnificent and I could
Rosie Amber
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Secrets Of A Highland Warrior is the final book in the Lockmore series of historical romances.

A set of four books, each steps back into history as clues to a mystery are revealed. Book one began in the Victorian era, book two is set during the Regency years, book three in Tudor times, and the final book is set in the medieval period.

So far we have been introduced to a mystical brooch, an empty crypt and a long standing family feud between two clans.

The final tale, but it could also be called the
Sara "Cristia" H. J.
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nicole Locke brings us a beautiful and dramatic medieval novel about loyalty, duty, love, secrets, and intrigue which will unite two wild hearts till eternity.
Rory Lochmore was never meant to belong to the enemy; however, unfortunate events will lead a soul, which was destined to be product of hate and unfaithfulness, to become a courageous leader with a desperate desire to reveal the truth.
When he decides to take action on the king's decree of possessing the McCrieff's lands, Rory expects w
Renae
Yeesh. I've given all the books in this series a single star. The "secret and mysterious Highland castle" shtick was a good idea, but the execution was bad! I've only rarely read a book that is just impossible to get into—I skimmed this book and the two previous because NOTHING was holding my attention. The epilogue (written by Janice Preston, who wrote the first book) was soooooo sickly sweet and cheesey. Ugh.

Maybe it's me, maybe it's Maybelline.
Shaz
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mystery of the brooch and Rory missing body solved. He's now back with Ailsa. ...more
Zeba
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Secrets of a Highland Warrior is the fourth and last instalment of The Lochmore Legacy and it takes us back to where it all began; with Rory and Ailsa.

I really liked the relationship between Rory and Ailsa. There was an element of enemies to lovers, instant attraction and sexual tension in spades. Rory’s character was brilliantly written, showing him to be a strong warrior but with deep-rooted insecurities. Ailsa complements him beautifully with a fiery spirit and her plain-speaking ways.

This
Rose Blue
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As reviewed at Roses Are Blue: https://wp.me/p3QRh4-WL

ABOUT THE SERIES: The LOCHMORE LEGACY is an interesting series of four books, each taking place in a different era, but involving the same mystery. Rather uniquely, the stories start in the Victorian era, and each book goes backward in time, and reveals another piece of the puzzle. Book One, HIS CONVENIENT HIGHLAND WEDDING by Janice Preston is Flora and Lachlan’s story, taking place in 1848. Book Two, UNLACED BY THE HIGHLAND DUKE by Lara Temp
Lori D
The stillness of the villagers as Rory and his warriors rode to the McCrieff castle was almost his undoing. Today was the day he would prove himself to his father. That he deserved to be chief when the time came. The Lochmore's had been granted McCrieff land across the river that seperated their feuding clans, but no word had come that they intended to hand it over. So Rory led the troups to take what was theirs. But he was met by a man, not the chief, who invited him in for a meal. Unfortunatel ...more
Julie
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two Scottish clans, the Lochmore and McCrieff, have been in a state of conflict for generations. Fighting over land, motivated by old feuds and grudges, regular skirmishes and fights, this novel gives a touching and dynamic instalment of the ongoing story. As Rory Lochmore prepares to fight a battle for land that his clan has a valid claim on, he knows that far more than brief bravery is called for on this day. Meanwhile Ailsa is a young woman with some influence in the Clan McCrieff, as the eld ...more
Kelsey McKnight
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The year is 1293 and Rory Lochmore is the son of the chief of Clan Lochmore. Their lands are separated from the McCrieff's by a single stream, one too thin to keep them from constantly drawing their swords. Rory is eager to prove his worth yet again by claiming the land given to them by the king, but a pair of deep, green eyes catch him off guard. Yet he's not one to be swayed by a pretty face, until he's made an offer he can't refuse.

Ailsa McCrieff is the healer for her clan and the daughter o
Demetra | Demi Reads
I try to read the books as near to the post day as possible, so I can have them fresh on my mind while writing my review. I finished the book yesterday and my mind is still living in that world! This is my first book from Nicole Locke, and I must say that that I love what I’ve read! Even though this book is the 4th in the series, it can be read as a standalone; I haven’t read the previous ones and I could keep up with the story just fine.

The McCrieffs and the Lockmore have been enemies for nearl
Adele
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Secrets of a Highland Warrior is book four in the unique Scottish Highland historical romance series that is written by four different authors set in the same Scottish Highlands but in four different time periods. If you've never read any historical romance before this series would be a good starting point with it visiting different periods of time; you can then decide which period you prefer or if like me you've discovered a new era and have fallen in love with new historical time zones.

I would
Cathie
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The year is 1293, and Rory Lochmore travels to clan McCrieff whose lands are bordering theirs. After a feud running for decades, the Lochmores supported King John Balliol, so King Edward I has granted parts of McCrieff lands to the Lochmores, and Rory arrives to claim it.

What Rory doesn’t expect is for the chief of the McCrieffs, Hamish, to lie ill, unresponsive, and for the tanist to agree to the king’s demand – but under one condition: Rory is to marry Ailsa, his daughter!

Ailsa, healer and tan
Jéssica
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews, favorites
This is the last novel in the series and what a perfect ending. I have no idea if there is ever going to be s spinoff of this series, but if it ever happens, I will get very excited. I loved the concept of the entire series and for someone that, like me, hasn't read a lot of books in some particular eras, like medieval times, this is a great opportunity to expand our knowledge.

There are a couple of things that I found out about myself thanks to reading Historical Romances, one is that I do love
Sharon
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Secrets of a Highland Warrior is the fourth and final book in the Lochmore Legacy series and can be read as a standalone.

The feuding Lochmore and McCrieff clans have come up with a plan to stop the bloodshed for now by marrying off two reluctant parties. Rory, son of the Lochmore chief, is trying to secure the lands owed to his clan by the King, and Ailsa, daughter of the acting chief of the McCrieffs, is trying to protect her people. As you can expect the pairing is greeted with resentment and
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Secrets of a Highland Warrior was a phenomenal historical Scottish romance! It’s a tale of a marriage of convenience that becomes so much more.

Two clans, feuding through the ages, both drowning in secrets and deceit. Two strong and independent individuals, willing to sacrifice their own happiness to try and do what is right for their clans by mending the feud.

I really loved these characters and how perfectly matched they were for one another. Watching them struggle with what they feel is right w
Ems. (afternoonbookery)
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what i was expecting from this, Historical romance is something i only occasionally dabble in - but with a cover guy like Rory my interest was immediately peaked.

This was nothing like i expected, i thought there would be some sword waving, a fair bit of wooing and some swooning then the couple forever more in the bed chambers.

This was more, it had a story - it had a history that we as the reader got to discover about the clans. We follow Rory as he heads over to McCrieff land to cl
Amanda
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Secrets, a convenient marriage and two headstrong main characters with a supporting cast of truly colorful people create enough entertainment to keep you hooked in the final book in The Lochmore Legacy. Secrets of a Highland Warrior is fresh, detailed and beautifully written with picturesque scenarios that draws you in and hooks you instantly. Nicole Locke’s hero and heroine may have had a political alliance bring them together but the passion they share is real. Though these two should be enemi ...more
Jane Hunt
The last in ‘The Lochmore Legacy’ series, takes us back to 1293 and the beginning of the Lochmore Legacy. Ailsa and Rory have a marriage of convenience, but although they marry for the good of their clans, their attraction and friendship grow.

This book is full of danger and intrigue, and a slow-burning passionate romance. The historical detail gives depth to the story and the authentic characters bring it to life. Ailsa and Rory are good characters, and you want to them to overcome the deceit an
Jan
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a satisfying end to a four-book mini-series.

The story of how Ailsa and Rory met was lovely. And after three books, to find out the reason why the Lochmore and McCrieff clans had been feuding for centuries and why there was an empty tomb at Lochmore Castle was the perfect ending.

Nicole Locke is a superb story teller and I can totally recommend this book. Plus, there is a wonderful epilogue written by Janice Preston who wrote the first in the series. All loose ends are neatly and gratifyingly
Margaret
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this book totally engaging. The attraction between Rory Lochmore and Ailsa McGrieff was honest and straight forward and because of that, there was less tension on them and more on the secrets and lies around them. A strong couple who find their way to stay together. Nice epilogue!
A free copy from the author for an honest review.

• Mrs. Sommersby's Second Chance (The Sommersby Brides #3)
  • The Rake's Enticing Proposal
  • Daring To Love The Duke's Heir (The Beauchamp Heirs, #2)
  • The Determined Lord Hadleigh (The King's Elite #4)
  • Reclaimed by Her Rebel Knight
  • The Lord's Inconvenient Vow
  • Lilian and the Irresistible Duke (Secrets of a Victorian Household)
  • The Return of the Disappearing Duke (Return of the Rogues, #1)
  • Beauty Tempts the Beast (Sins for All Seasons, #6)
  • Miss Amelia's Mistletoe Marquess
  • The Pale
  • Longing for Her Forbidden Viking (To Wed a Viking #2)
  • Ring Fenced
  • Never Have I Ever With a Duke (The Spitfire Society #1)
  • Two Tides To Turn
  • Ten Things I Hate About the Duke (Difficult Dukes, #2)
  • Invitation to a Cornish Christmas
  • Simon Says
Nicole first discovered romance novels hidden in her grandmother's closet.
Convinced that hidden books must be better, Nicole greedily read them. It was only natural she should start writing them (but now not so secretly).

If she isn't working on the next book in her historical series, she can be reached at NicoleLocke.com, Facebook and on Twitter @NicoleLockeNews!

The Lochmore Legacy (4 books)
  • His Convenient Highland Wedding (The Lochmore Legacy, #1)
  • Unlaced by the Highland Duke (The Lochmore Legacy, #2)
  • A Runaway Bride for the Highlander (The Lochmore Legacy, #3)