Start by marking “A Hometown Holiday” as Want to Read:
A Hometown Holiday

A Hometown Holiday

Life in a college town suits Josh Cassidy. He has good friends and neighbors, and the bookshop café he runs with his family is thriving. As the winter holidays begin, Josh finds himself enamored with police officer, Alex Curiel, an old friend who has recently moved back to town. The trouble is, Alex isn’t ready for the world to know he’s attracted to men.

At Alex’s request,
Published December 12th 2018 by Wicked Fingers Press

To ask other readers questions about A Hometown Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hometown Holiday

Len Evans Jr
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, owned
This was definitely a very different Christmas love story. It is more than just two guys falling in love, as one of the two is not at all out. The author did an amazing job in the way it all works out. There were parts that were not easy to read (yeah I am a hopeless romantic) but every one of those were integral to Alex and Josh getting to their happy ending! This was so well written, with plenty of family and good friends to help out. Loved It!
⚣❣☙ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
3.0 Stars

A little lacking in the relationship development aspect as we are thrown into the story after Alex and Josh have already met and started dating. And we don't get to see them starting over either. But I still liked this little holiday tale.
Brigham Vaughn
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
K. Evan Coles is my co-author so I’ll be the first to admit I’m biased about her work. However, it’s more than justified. She creates wonderful worlds and the setting of “A Hometown Holiday” is no exception. Cassidy’s Bookshop Café in Amherst, Massachusetts, the business Josh and his family owns is the center of the story. The warm and inviting atmosphere sets the tone for the whole story.

I loved Josh and his relationships with his family and friends. I must admit, I found Alex more frustrating
Becca Waldrop
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Coming out isn't usually an easy thing. Not knowing how someone you love will react is so hard. But when they're good people and just want you happy, it makes all the difference. Alex got his wish after all in this book. It wasn't easy but worth it in the end.
Helena Stone
Oh my. This short story captivated me from start to finish. There was so much in it I loved. For starters, there’s the bookshop café Josh runs with his parents and sister, and the wonderful, loving, and supportive relationship he has with them. Josh’s friend Matt, was just as amazing as his family. And finally, there’s his steamy relationship with Alex. Except, that’s also where we run into trouble, because while Josh would love nothing more than have a real and publicly known relationship with ...more
Heather
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Josh Cassidy is happy and thriving in his college town family owned bookshop cafe and he has been out and proud since high school. After reconnecting with old friend, Alex Curiel, a cop who recently returned he has potentially found love. Unfortunately, Alex is not out and asks Josh to keep their new relationship quiet. Will Josh be able to live in the relationship closet while he waits for Alex to come to terms with telling people or is there no hope this holiday?

Another absolutely lovely holid
DC
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice story about a budding relationship between out and proud Josh and deeply closeted and struggling Alex. This could have been a super story but too much was missing, especially with the jumpy timelines. Alex’s struggle was the central theme but the story is told mostly from Josh’s point of view so there was very little focus and development on Alex. Also, the way the characters are described and the way they behave made them seem much older than their 23 years. If there had been no mention of ...more
Ricardo
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Received a free copy from Prolificworks.

It was an okay story but the plot jumped around and there were some parts where it felt like the author had cut and pasted but forgot to make the necessary changes so the transitions were smooth. Aside from that, the plot and the characters were not really original and there wasn’t anything really memorable or exceptional in the book
Emilee
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great short story

I enjoyed this short story. It was a quick read about the relationship between Josh And Alex and the struggles they faced in that relationship. I loved the relationship Josh had with his family. The ending was great and gave us a quick highlight into how things were fixed in the end.
Samantha's ~*Confessions*~
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet and emotional

It always hits me in the feels when people struggle with who they are. It sucks they feel they have to hide. The romance and love was evident but the fact they needed to hide hurt my heart.
Sally
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet Christmas short story about coming to terms with who you really are and accepting love. Loved how supportive all the families were.
Shaztwirl
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very pleasant Christmas short.
Zane Kage
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5
Brown Eyed Girl ~Suzanne~
This was blah....nothing new and littered with typos.
Wendy
Monique
Dec 28, 2018
Ron-michael
Jan 15, 2019
K. Evan Coles is a mother and tech pirate by day and a writer by night. She is a dreamer who, with a little hard work and a lot of good coffee, coaxes words out of her head and onto paper.

K. lives in the northeast United States, where she complains bitterly about the winters, but truly loves the region and its diverse, tenacious and deceptively compassionate people. You’ll usually find K. nerding