Jump to ratings and reviews
To survive, I must accept who I am and embrace the cold.

I've spent the past year fighting for survival, freedom, and justice. Now I'm facing the biggest battle of my life. Field agents are turning up dead and everyone is working to stop Jared before he starts a full-blown war between vampires and hunters.

Fane's love and support have never been stronger. My feelings for him are as constant as the North Star, but our future is teetering on thin ice.

I would sacrifice everything to protect my family and friends. Even if that means sacrificing myself.

The explosive final Aurora Sky volume will blow you away!

First published July 5, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Nikki Jefford

60 books982 followers
Reality is overrated ... which is why I write!

Vampire hunters, wolf shifters, witches, elves and Fae with humor, romance, snark and steam. I love bad boys with hearts of gold and heroines who kick ass.

To get in on the fun and adventure, visit my website for release alerts, updates, exclusive giveaways, and a free story when you become a VIP newsletter subscriber: http://nikkijefford.com/

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 60 reviews
Profile Image for Bj.
1,217 reviews263 followers
April 19, 2017
3 "Allies or Foes?" Stars & 5 Stars for the narration.

True North is the sixth, and final, book in the Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter Series.  Please note that this a series that must be read in sequential order, so if you have not yet started this series, please see my review for book 1, Aurora Sky, which I absolutely adored.

Book 6 seemed like a bit of continuation of the cat and mouse chase from the last few books between Aurora and her allies, on the one hand, and Jared, her nemesis, and his allies on the other hand.  There is quite a bit of table turning as various characters seem to be aligned with one faction or the other but then reveal their true intentions. Ultimately, we get a final resolution on which way the government organization that Aurora works for as a vampire hunter will be headed in the future, including who of the many characters will be shaping its leadership.  I was happy with how everything was ultimately resolved, even if getting their was a bit of a long process.

I also liked the romantic resolution, though I think the ultimate direction of Aurora's love triangle had been resolved in prior books.  Moreover, she's not the only character who finds a HEA or at least a HFN in this series as we find out in True North, so keep your ears tuned in!

Interestingly, Em Eldridge returns as the solo narrator for the 6th and final book.  The first 4 books had been narrated this way, but then the 5th book introduced a new narrator Sean Peck, who I had a little bit of trouble adjusting too, since Ms. Eldridge's voices were already the ones I associated for the various characters in this series.  So I was happy to see that we returned to the style untilized in the first 4 books in True North.

As I noted in my prior reviews for this series, Ms. Eldridge does a great job of narrating this series.  From her perfect rendition of Aurora, who I can picture just from her intonation, to even her perfect British accented intonation for Fane's roommate, Ms. Eldridge spares no detail in making her narration exactly adapted to the story that Nikki Jefford has penned. Additionally, Ms. Eldridge maintained remarkable consistency in her characters' voices across this entire series making it easy to fall back into the rhythm of the story from one book to another no matter how long of an interval in between.  Ms. Eldridge's pacing also enhanced the experience of listening to this series as you could feel the mood of the scene from her delivery.  I will definitely be looking for more of Ms. Eldridge's narrations in the future.

All in all, the Vampire Hunter series had a very strong start and I enjoyed the YA/PNR story particularly in the first few books.  I think perhaps the series overall could have been stronger if it had been edited and condensed to less books though.  Nonetheless, I think for my first experience with Nikki Jefford's works, her creativity and writing show much potential and I'd be happy to explore more of her works in the future.

Source: Review copy provided in exchange for an honest review.

Profile Image for Mandy.
979 reviews126 followers
July 28, 2016
I received True North in return for an honest review from the author.

Aurora and her friends have been after Jared after everything he’s pulled even before she joined the agency. He’s on the run and until she can get justice she can’t leave Alaska to be with Fane just yet. As it get’s closer to Christmas it’s clear that the chance to find him before the new year may not happen anytime soon. All but Noel live on base but she’s willing to take the risk since Aurora has always been Jared’s obsession.

When a ladies night turns horribly wrong Aurora finds herself delivered to Jared by someone she thought she could trust. However, this gives her the chance to take care of Jared once and for all she just has to bide her time because he is determined to add her to his odd little family. Jared is also running with her old fellow agent Valerie who he also had a hand in creating and has gone off the deep end. Will Aurora ever get the chance she needs to take care of Jared?

I love Aurora she’s my favorite vampire hunter even if she just happens to be one of them herself. It’s not like she asked to be a vampire but at least she’s doing something good with it. She’s not had the easiest time with the agency but she’s made some amazing friends who have supported Aurora. For a long time I was torn between Fane and Dante but it all works out in the end at last.

I hate to admit I dragged on this one but it isn’t the books fault. I didn’t want it to end because I wasn’t ready to say goodbye just yet to Aurora and her friends. I was savoring every moment of the final showdown forcing myself to put it down after a chapter or two so I wouldn’t devour it all at once. That control ended last night when I had to finish the last half of the book and know how it would all play out. A truly unique concept that takes vampire hunters to a whole new level even if they have some corruption to deal with. I love the characters they are easy to connect with you can’t help falling in love with Aurora and her friends. True North is a captivating installment in the Aurora Sky series that doesn’t disappoint. I’ve enjoyed the authors writing style because she’s created a beautifully written story that captures the heart as well as the imagination. While I know this is the end for dear Aurora I secretly hope we will see more of her in the future. I highly recommend if your a fan of vampire hunter’s that you check out her series.
Profile Image for Melinda Howard.
408 reviews59 followers
February 1, 2017
*DNF @ 25%*

I did not enjoy this book although enjoying the rest of the series thoroughly. I feel like this book was too much of a stretch and the story should have concluded in the fifth book. Instead of Jared getting away on the ski mobile, he could have been apprehended and the story put to rest. I found the first few chapters of the book to be quite monotonous and I found myself uninterested. For me, the series ended/should have ended in the last book. Despite this I tried to finish the book but my tbr pile is large and I just lost interest. Overall, this was a disappointing read.
Profile Image for Angie.
2,326 reviews228 followers
July 14, 2016
True North was a mostly satisfying conclusion to what has been a super fun series. Aurora and Company are set to capture Jared once and for all. Of course, it's not that simple. He seems to outsmart them at every turn. All Aurora wants is to spend Christmas with her family and then travel the world with Fane. She can't do that when she's constantly looking over her shoulder. Or being kidnapped and held hostage.

It's always hard reviewing the final book in a series. I don't want to give too much away to anyone anticipating the finale or to someone who has yet to start the series. True North is a pretty typical ending though. There are definitely surprises along the way, but I had no doubts about how it would actually end. The ending was fitting though and left me smiling.

What let me down about True North was about that ending came about. Or really events leading up to how that ending came about. If that even makes sense. Like I mentioned earlier, Aurora gets herself kidnapped, but I wasn't really buying how she got there. At first, I was thinking that Jared has no reason to kidnap her and keep her with him. It seemed like a convenient way to have Aurora do some butt kicking. But later another character says something that me scratching my head. That made more sense, but also not really. It was just a weird situation.

True North was still a good, fun read though. I enjoyed being back with Aurora and Fane and Noel and Dante. I do wish there had been a bit more Dante at the end. He's had a rough go, and I'd have liked to have seen more of him finding his happy ending.

Read more of my reviews at Pinkindle Reads & Reviews.
Profile Image for Cynthia.
7 reviews
July 8, 2016
Oh my goodness - I had really meant to take my time reading this one, since it's the final book in the series and I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Aurora and the gang. However, that was blown out of the water around Chapter 7 or 8 when the action really picked up and I ended up reading straight through to the end. Without giving away anything - it was a very satisfying ending to very satisfying series.

The beginning started off a little slowly, but once the action picked up, it REALLY picked up.

I will miss Aurora, Fane, Noel, and Dante, but I can't wait to see what Nikki has up her sleeve for her next series. If you haven't read any of the series yet - what are you waiting for? You won't even have to wait to find out what happens!
Profile Image for Megan Murphy.
274 reviews14 followers
May 5, 2017
This is it. The last book of the Aurora Sky series. The final battle with Jared. The old gang; Aurora, Fane, Dante, Noel, Joss and other recruits are looking for Jared. There is only one way Aurora wants to spend her Christmas, and that is hunting down Jared once and for all. Finally Fane and Aurora are together, after everything they have been through. I have mixed feelings about this ending though....first of Aurora kept hating on my OTP (Joss and Noel), I am glad how it ended though. Although I do not feel like this is the end, I know it has been done before...but I smell a spinoff a few years later with Joss running the Agency and hopefully wooing Noel. Or a backstory with Joss and Fane. Yes I know...I have an unhealthy love for Joss. I mean who else understands my dislike of people, parties or my love of books, art, culture and tea! Okay this may not have helped you decide whether or not to read this book....so I'll skip to the point after my long detour. JUST READ IT!!! Make sure to read the other books in this series and Novellas first in order to really understand what's going on! Happy Hunting!
Profile Image for The LitBuzz.
321 reviews26 followers
July 13, 2016
Vampires… a Bad Ass Girl….
FANE.
By the time you read this, the world will have shifted on its axis just slightly. There will be less color in the northern skies, and my smile will be just a tinge marred by sadness.

The Aurora Sky series by Nikki Jefford is celebrating the release of the sixth and final book today – True North. Why does this make me sad? Well, this series has all.the.things. It’s full of paranormal drama, romantic interludes, and (as you know I love them) a strong female lead.

Also Fane.
Let me just keep saying that. If you like hotness without being too dirty, you will like this series (just check out the clip below and you will know what I mean.)

I know I should be thrilled the series is over because it’s so frustrating to wait for each new book, but frankly, Ms. Jefford has grown so dramatically from Book 1 that I cannot help be enthusiastic for it to go on forever. I also met her personally recently at UTOPIAcon, after posting with her in Club YA on fb for a while now. Knowing her sweet and charming quirk in person gives her books such a softer nuance. I think anytime you spend more than 3 minutes with an author, it changes their books for you.

Hers definitely became richer with her tone and personality =)

I know she has new stories, new people, new loves to explore… so let’s say goodbye to Aurora Sky the right way…

First, read an excerpt of True North by Nikki Jefford… Then enter to win the entire beginning of the series and fall in love with it too!!

Also Fane. (heh)

“I’m like blood. The more you have, the more you want.”

Although Fane didn’t turn to me, I caught the Cheshire smile on his lips. Hadn’t seen that one in a while. It made me want to take off my seatbelt and climb into his lap. Seat warmers be damned. We could raise the heat level inside this tin can on our own if we launched ourselves into one of our toe-curling make-out marathons. Without anyone to interrupt us at home, we’d turned kissing and sex into our own personal Olympic sport.

I’d come a long way with car rehabilitation if I was considering launching myself into Fane’s lap inside a moving vehicle. The man had that effect on me.

“Keep talking like that and I might make you turn this car around,” I said in a husky voice. Flirty Aurora wasn’t usually awake at this hour, but there was always room for exceptions.

The car slowed. I leaned forward and squinted at the surrounding trees beyond Fane’s headlights. I figured he must be slowing for a moose along the side of the road, but couldn’t make out any four-legged silhouettes.

I looked from the road to Fane.

“What are you doing?”

“Turning the car around. Or were you bluffing?”

The Cheshire grin returned full force. His teeth practically glowed in the dark.

After getting over my initial surprise, I smiled slowly. My eyebrows jumped. We’d see who was bluffing.

“You got somewhere more important to be?” I challenged.

Fane’s grin widened. “Your satisfaction always comes first,” he said in a silky voice.
287 reviews
November 27, 2016
Not for me

This series has had some really good reviews; the first 3 books were amazing and are well worth the 5 stars given, however from book 4 there was a seriously huge decline of a poor storyline. The story just went around in circles. Melcher and Jared where the two controlling the agency. Jared was captured and got away numerous times; Melcher was watched by Fanes people but everyone knew he was up to something. Aurora although a trained assassin was captured alot, thrown about alot, missed her targets alot, and was basically just a damsel who needed rescuing alot. She became this weak and annoying character who constantly needed to be saved. Fane was the bad boy who became over night a leader and commander. To me his character also changed. The need to write more books to prolong the story to me ruined it and the story was long dragged out , boring and nothing much happened from one chapter to the next. The end.... what a let down .... the story of Jared's demise was told in full every single boring detail but Melchers who gave all the orders was just breezed over by someone not even involved much taking him down. Then it jumps to where Aurora is on her xmas holidays. Like I said I loved the first 3 books but the others are boring, long drawn out and seriously a complete let down.
506 reviews6 followers
August 12, 2018
It's a good thing this was the last installment in the series. I wouldn't have continued with it. Too much filler; too much flipping of hair; too much threat and supposed macho behavior; meh ending.
Profile Image for Helen Robare.
575 reviews3 followers
November 5, 2020
This is the sixth and what appears to be the last book in the Aurora Sky series.

It was a good book, not great, but enjoyable. Now remember back when I reviewed the first book in the series and I hoped that Aurora would grow up and mature? Well, she did. However, something in her personality just didn't set well with me. Her mother and grandmother were alone in Florida while she was chasing and being stalked in Alaska by Vampires...and she seldom, if ever, worried about them. She never called them but got upset when Grandma called her and it interrupted her "sex romp" with Fane. That little scenario left me wondering "has she even talked to her mother in the last six months or a year?"

And speaking of sex romps the author gets 4 stars simply because she did not go in-depth describing the sex. However, I felt there were entirely too many sex moments (but what do I know, I'm almost 64 years old and I left sex behind around the age of 55.)

The action and the plot were enjoyable. The usual characters all made an appearance Aurora, Dante, Fane, Noel, Selene, and Joss. The bad guys were represented by Melcher, Jarad, and Valerie. However, I do think that Aurora has been drugged enough times that she should be cautious about accepting any drinks from someone she doesn't know really well, especially if he/she makes the drink out of Aurora's view!

There were a few romantic cliffhangers that give me hope for another book or another series dealing with Noel. :) Dante gets attached to someone besides Aurora, Noel is looking at someone totally (at least to me) unexpected and he is looking back. Valerie and Jared made a good "Bonnie and Clyde".

I was cheering at the bad guy's deaths though one completely SHOCKED me, but I'm not going to say who it was. :)

I am happy to say that each book in the series improved and the author has turned into a very competent writer, one I would be happy to read another series from.
Profile Image for Tiffany Copple.
1,320 reviews47 followers
February 24, 2020
5 amazingly fantastic stars for True North. This is the 6th and final book in the Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter series. If I could give this series more than 5 stars I would. What an epic journey with an equally epic ending. Aurora is ready to be free and is doing with all the killing. All she has to do is catch Jared and get rid of Melcher. Fane and Aurora are finally together and trying to find Jared. Aurora has really become a bada** and we see it in this book. She is tested on many different levels in this book, tested more than she was in any other book. I will say I thought I had things figured out and knew what to expect but boy was I wrong. This series had everything I love in a good series. It had intrigue, suspense, mystery, love, drama, hot vampires and so much more. This is a young adult paranormal vampire romance that must be read in order. Great work by a fantastic author. I loved it so much Nikki Jefford.
53 reviews
June 13, 2017
A wonder paranormal series for both the young and the young at heart.

I thoroughly enjoyed this series from beginning to end. The characters are real and very lovable or hateable , as the case may be. The interactions between the characters was very realistic.

Young people will especially love this series but, even those of us who have left our youth behind long ago will find plenty to love in this series filled with action, adventure, friendship and romance. Even the bad guy had a little spot of goodness in him in the end, even if he did keep it buried deep. This series has something in it for everyone. Or, that is, everyone who enjoys reading blog paranormal fiction.
Profile Image for Elizabeth.
105 reviews1 follower
October 18, 2016
Oh my gosh, are Aurora and Fane ever going to get to be together, to have their happily ever after? Is she ever going to be able to leave the Agency and most of all Alaska? This book, the final in the series, has many twists and turns, quite like you'd expect from the Aurora Sky series. Although there were a few times the book drug a little, mainly in doing recaps and a little bit while Aurora herself was waiting for something to happen, there was still plenty of action and suspense, lots of drama and some romance (ahem)... and toward the end I definitely couldn't put it down. There were a couple of misleads, good news for those of you who can usually figure mystery's out quite quickly.. I am usually one of those people and was quite pleasantly surprised that I was wrong... I would recommend this book, as a matter of fact, I would recommend you begin where it all began with "Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter" and work your way to this one , you definitely won't be sorry!
June 20, 2018
I read this entire series in order and although I really enjoyed the series this last book kept me from giving it 5 stars. That is mostly do to the many TSTL moments that the MC suffered as well as the recurring holiday chatter at every turn. I'm okay with the ending although it lacked enough detail of the supporting characters HEAs.
Profile Image for Courtney Huchton.
211 reviews1 follower
June 13, 2019
I have to admit I read this just to lay it to rest. It was nice reading the other characters being wrapped up. I think this last book could have been wrapped up in the 5th book. The battle was just drawn out. Making Jared so clever, but he really he was being careless. I wasnt a fan of how little Fane took into saving Aurora. But it was a good story. I awesome series!
Profile Image for Erika.
376 reviews
February 18, 2020
I was really disappointed with this book. I’m glad with who Aurora finally chose, but I feel like the entire book was her just thinking “oh I can’t wait to go have sex with my boyfriend”.
I also feel like something was just missing. There wasn’t a ton of action and it was mostly just the crew sitting around, waiting for something to happen.
May 1, 2020
Amazing end to an amazing series

It’s also so sad when a series comes to an end but the ending always makes it worthwhile. Thank you for this crazy intense journey! I loved following Auroras journey with all the twists and turns and the friends she made along the way. This series is a must read!
Profile Image for Andrea Heltsley.
Author 15 books327 followers
September 8, 2017
A satisfying ending to a great series! The book wrapped up all of the loose ends. I liked how the characters get their own ending and how. Some had romance and others cosmic justice. Worth the wait. Five glittery stars!
Profile Image for Teresa.
9 reviews
January 7, 2019
was good but was getting frustrated towards the end cause I didn't think it was gonna end...was drug out through the series and just wanted the villains to be taken out already....other than that was good
Profile Image for Katie Komo.
262 reviews3 followers
March 21, 2019
Great Series

This has been a great series- truly a “Buffy meets Alias” tale, as advertised. However, this conclusion was waaaay too drawn out for me. It was a bit repetitive & reminiscent of other events in the series, so I skimmed a lot of it.
All in all, a great series!
Profile Image for Slate R. Raven.
Author 3 books6 followers
January 22, 2021
Great ending! I almost forgot to write a review and Mark it as read! Fortunately someone posted a review about one of my books so I was reminded. This was the perfect way to wrap it up into one whole package. No further loose ends to tie up!
Profile Image for Anette.
132 reviews6 followers
March 26, 2022
I tried to read the last book in the series... But the books have been progressively getting more and more boring.

In the final chapter of the Aurora Sky story, Aurora remains a ball of wet tissues saved by people around her because she is a walking disaster.
Profile Image for Carol.
343 reviews1 follower
May 30, 2017
Awesome

An awesome conclusion to the Aurora Sky series. Action, murder, mayhem and romance. Something for everyone. I couldn't put it down.
Profile Image for Amber Smith.
1,253 reviews24 followers
December 4, 2017
This was a good ending to the series. I really like that there was Christmas stuff tied in too. I enjoyed this whole series and would recommend it to my friends.
5 reviews
November 30, 2018
Wonderful

This is a well written storyline about h o w a typical teenager handles becoming a vampire and all the trauma. Of love .
40 reviews2 followers
December 29, 2018
Great ending

Aurora got her happy ending. Noel and Dante stated at the agency. Dante found someone. Everything fell into place. Great read.
Profile Image for Christy.
17 reviews1 follower
October 9, 2019
So very wonderful

This was a great story, I flew through the 6 books without having to wait. I'm so very happy to have discovered this wonderful writer.
Profile Image for J.A. Cipriano.
Author 91 books573 followers
October 17, 2016
I have some mixed feelings about this one. As a fan of the Aurora Sky novels, I was upset to see the series end, on the other hand, I felt this book was a nice wrap up to the series.

My only issue with the book came from about the first twenty percent, where Aurora just kind of sat around. I sort of wished the book started 20% of the way in because once Aurora met with the villains it was exciting and fast paced.

I especially like "team Reindeer," and was especially happy with the portrayal of both Dante and Noel in this book.

To be honest, and this might be sort of spoilery, I sort of feel really bad for Valerie. Part of me wishes it hadn't turned out the way it did, but either way, I'm glad pretty much every loose end was tied up.

If you've been hesitating to try this series, I say to give it a go. It's definitely one of my favorites.
Profile Image for Akilah Raines.
193 reviews32 followers
March 13, 2017
I remember when I wasn't sure about this series because I judge the books by its cover... Still don't like them maybe in the future they will all be changed to a more attractive cover however I thoroughly enjoyed this series and wish there was more! Maybe a spinoff!? Hint hints Nikki lol

❤ fane! I need more of him and aurora
Displaying 1 - 30 of 60 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.