Start by marking “The Careless Boyfriend (Bad Boyfriend #3)” as Want to Read:
The Careless Boyfriend (Bad Boyfriend #3)

The Careless Boyfriend

(Bad Boyfriend #3)

Gray Bowie broke the bro code: he fell in love with his best friend’s girlfriend.

For years, he hid his feelings…until one terrible night, it all came to a head.

Since her life blew up in high school, Knox Holliday has spent her time honing her skills as a couture wedding dress designer. But, just weeks before her debut, a freak accident wipes out her collection. The culprit
Expected publication: April 23rd 2019 by EK Publishing, LLC

Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Oh, my heart. This book stole a piece of my heart. It was captivating and a real page turner. I am a big fan of the ‘I have loved you for years’ plot especially when it is the hero who has pined over the heroine for years.

Gray has been in love with his best friend’s girl for a really long time. He pushed aside his feelings and was the third wheel to them. He watched their relationship play out and a bit of him died every day until he couldn’t handle it anymore. Years passed and Gray and Knox ar
Shelly Bell
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the previous two books in the series and this was no different. Gray and Knox’s friends to lovers story was everything I’d hoped for. Gray has been in love with Knox his entire life but he couldn’t be with her because she dated his best friend. Erika Kelly has been my go-to author when I want a well written contemporary romance with a hero that will make me swoon. I highly recommend this series!
Mari
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nothing says angst like unrequited love. Though I'm not a fan of it, I was glued to this. I've enjoyed the first two Bowie brothers I was curious about Gray. Gray and Knox were childhood friends, Robert their other friend and an ex of Knox was an addict. He was part of the reason there was a rift in Knox and Gray's relationship. While Knox was from the other side of the tracks, Gray was always there for her and it was hard when the Robert turned out had an addiction it was more than they could h ...more
Paula White
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
I was gifted a copy for an honest review.

I really loved Knox and Gray together in this book. Gray was caring, loving and supportive. He had been in the background for years always wanting Knox but never acting on it as she was with his best friend. Fast forward 7 years and they ‘crash’ in to each other and so the story begins. They get to know each other again - Knox gets to understand Gray’s feeling and open herself up to the fact they could be together - she never thought she was good enough.
Anne OK
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-arcs, 2019-reads
This is my first time to read a book by this author and, besides being surprised with how much I enjoyed the overall storyline, I was totally impressed by the quality of her work and her writing style. It's so fresh and clean. I haven’t read the first two books in the Bad Boyfriend Series, but had no problem catching up with the story here, and I have every intention of reading the others before the fourth book is released in October 2019.

The more-than-generous book blurb sets the stage providin
Jennifer Shiflett
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gray and Knox grew up and went to school together, they were just from opposite sides of the town. Gray was also best friends with Knox’s boyfriend, and he was secretly in love with her. A chance disaster brings them back into each other’s lives, and nothing will stop Gray from showing her how he’s always felt.

Absolutely loved this book! Gray was such a good guy, and I loved how he wanted to do everything he could to help Knox.

Brooke
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
**SPOILERS** This book had so many aspects to it, but loyalty was the main feature of the book. In high school when Robert was into drugs and getting into a lot of trouble, his girlfriend at the time Knox (the h) always stuck by his side trying to get him to sober up which didn't happen until the disastrous prom night. Gray was the third wheel and was always in love with Knox but would never go behind his former best friends back and so he left them both behind because he knew he couldn't be the ...more
carrie thackston
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing friends to lovers romance. Gray has feelings for his best friend's girl and she has no clue because basically she thought he was too good for her. Knox has had a lonely life, between her mom's wanderlust and her boyfriend, Robert's addictions. Gray was always there for her until he realized he enabled her while she was in the codependent relationship with Robert. They all cut ties in one way or another and Knox has a somewhat stable life as a designer, except for Luc's manipulations. Gra ...more
Konny
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Careless Boyfriend by Erika Kelly is book three in her Bad Boyfriend series. While every book is about another couple and can easily be read as standalone, I ecommend to read the books in order. The previous books are The World's Worst Boyfriend and The Heartless Boyfriend.
But back to The Careless Boyfriend. Gray Bowie is in love with his best friends girlfriend, since a long time. But for the sake of their happiness he stepped back.
Knox Holliday is a wedding dress designer and her life's a
Madm007
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent read with a great storyline like 2nd chance, if you ask Gray, but their very 1st Romance and friends to lovers.
I loved Gray's character, he showed the world exactly what he wanted them to see and nothing else. He had most people fooled into thinking he didn't take anything too serious.
When he and Knox met up again, things changed for these two. I was totally enthralled at how caring Gray was and everything he did for Knox. This was love and there's heat in here!
I'm sorry
Elizabeth
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, eram, sports
3.5 ⭐
Ms Kelly is an author that I haven’t read much of (this is only the second book of her’s I’ve read and it’s been almost 2 years) and The Careless Boyfriend makes me want to read more.
This is the third book in a series about the Bowie brothers (don’t worry, it’s a stand alone) and focuses on Gray as fate brings him back into the orbit of his high school friend/crush seven years after he saw her last.
I liked both Gray and Knox. Given their history, it felt like their reconnection to friends
Marissa Manning
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book. The friends to lovers theme was really well done. Gray stole a piece of my heart and Knox gave me someone to aspire to be like. The character development was really well done, and made it so easy to connect to both Gray and Knox.
Gray has loved Knox all of his life, but he couldn’t be with her because she was with his best friend. When life unexpectedly brings them back together, he hopes this is his chance to get the girl. Knox was known and the ‘Junkyard Dog’ and
Isha Coleman
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The Careless Boyfriend (Bad Boyfriend #3) by Erika Kelly

Knox and Gray weren't a perfect match, but my heart found them to be pretty darn close. Careless Boyfriend marks a new beginning for two friends who never even had a clue. Knox is the girl who dares to dream, even as her world is falling apart. Gray is more than just a carefree guy. He feels deeply and yearns for the girl of his dreams to give him her heart. Kelly brings to life, an amazing tale of teenage heartache and adult second chan
Zoa Short
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed reading the entire book. From the get go I connected with the characters and enjoyed following the story line.
Erika has a really refreshing and vivid way of describing the scenes.

The only think I found a bit lacking was the ending? The last chapter leaves us in the midst of the "crisis" or "climax" and all of a sudden we are in the Epilogue where they are walking down the isle and getting married?? We never get to be part of the Falling Action or Resolution part of the plot li
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the previous two books in the series and this was no exception. Gray and Knox’s friends to lovers story was everything I’d hoped for and more.

The Careless Boyfriend is a beautifully written second chance romance. This is romantic comedy at its finest. Erika Kelly is definitely one of my go-to authors when I want a well written contemporary romance with a hero that will make me swoon.

I was immediately hooked in from the opening pages in this heartfelt story. I was completely invested in e
Olivia Howell Abel
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. At times it was a bit predictable but some points had twists I was not expecting. I did notice some spelling errors which was a bit annoying. The end was sweet and cute and made me feel all the fuzzies. It was well written and would read more from this author!
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
AMAZING READ!!! Full RTC
Neepa Shah-chittur
Mar 07, 2019
Joannie Gagnon
Mar 07, 2019
New Adult Book Club: RI&RI #31 ~ Careless Boyfriend by Erika Kelly 42 61 Apr 19, 2019 09:16AM
Award-winning author Erika Kelly has been spinning romantic tales all her life—she just didn’t know it. Raised on the classics, she didn’t discover romantic fiction until later in life. From that moment on, she’s been devouring the genre and has found her true voice as an author. Over three decades she’s written poems, screenplays, plays, short stories, and all kinds of women’s fiction novels. Mar ...more

Bad Boyfriend (3 books)
  • The World's Worst Boyfriend (Bad Boyfriend, #1)
  • The Heartless Boyfriend (Bad Boyfriend, #2)