Start by marking “The Ex Girlfriend” as Want to Read:
The Ex Girlfriend

The Ex Girlfriend

PRE-ORDER NOW: the stunning psychological suspense with a killer twist - perfect for fans of Lisa Jewell and Louise Candlish

Luke is the one. After everything she's been through, Georgia knows she deserves someone like him, to make her feel loved. Safe.

The only problem is his ex-girlfriend. Luke says Cadence is having trouble accepting their break-up, but Georgia thinks

Published October 31st 2019 by Penguin

Start your review of The Ex Girlfriend
Carolyn
When Georgia met Luke in a bar after being stood up by her date, she was immediately attracted by his good looks, charm and caring nature. As she gets to know him she falls deeply in love and knows he is 'the one' for her, well-deserved after all the bad relationships she's had. Soon he is meeting her family and moving in with her. But he comes with baggage - his jealous ex-girlfriend Cadence who just doesn't want him to leave her and won't give him up easily.

Nicola Moriarty has written a
Phrynne
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-2019
I guessed where this one was heading right from the start and spent a lot of time saying "no, don't do it" to various characters as I was reading. The suspense was still there though and I sped through those pages!

It is hard to review The Ex without giving anything away. Let's just say girl meets boy, they fall in love, bad things happen, there are many twists and turns and it probably does not end the way you expected it would. The author paces her story well, creates good characters and writes
Veronica ⭐️
*https://theburgeoningbookshelf.blogsp...
The Ex is a suspense filled story of love and revenge.

Georgia is finally getting her life back on track. She has a nursing job that she loves and is looking forward to a date she has arranged through a dating app. When her date stands her up she is about to head home when she is harassed by two men that have had a little too much to drink. Luke comes to her aid and moves the men along. Georgia is enchanted. He is not only good looking, he is charming and
Mandy White
The Ex by Nicola Moriarty - wow! First of all how is this the first book by the author that I have read? I seriously need to fix that - this book was fantastic!! I had absolutely no idea where this was going and had me reeling in the final chapters. I read this book in an afternoon, very difficult to put down.

I am not going to say too much about the plot for this story - to do so would be to spoil it for anybody wanting to read it. All I will say is this - who can you trust? Georgia meets Luke
Brooke - One Woman's Brief Book Reviews
*www.onewomansbbr.wordpress.com
*www.facebook.com/onewomansbbr

**4.5 stars**

The Ex by Nicola Moriarty. (2019).

Georgia feels like Luke is 'the one' and that she deserves someone like him to make her feel loved and safe. The only problem is Luke's ex, Cadence. Luke says she is having trouble moving on and constantly texts him, and then Georgia starts finding aggressive notes on her car. Georgia starts to feel afraid, but she decides to confront Cadence and then things become...interesting.

I was
Marianne
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Ex is the fifth novel by Australian author, Nicola Moriarty. Georgia Fitzpatrick can't believe her luck when being stood up by her Tinder date lands her in the company of the delectable Luke Kauffman. He seems like the perfect guy: a real gentleman and so sweet. Hot too!

But there's a catch: his ex, who still shares his flat, and can't seem to accept that it's over. A dilemma that might have given others pause (to run a mile from this too complicated situation, or to take a chance that this
Lee
I have read a lot of this type of psychological thriller of late but happily, this is one of the best.

Georgia meets Luke and he’s everything she’s ever wanted in a boyfriend. The only negative about Luke is that he still lives with his ex-girlfriend who, once she learns about Georgia, starts to cause trouble between the new couple.

Maybe because I have read lots of similar books this year, I thought it had a pretty obvious twist. However, even though I guessed what was going to happen at an
Louise Wilson
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Georgia finally meets the man of her dreams, everything else seems to go wrong. Luke has en ex-girlfriend, Cadence. He tells Georgia that Cadence is not coping with their breakup. But Georgia feels that there is more to it.

I really enjoyed this fast pa ed, twist filled thriller. This is a tense and suspenseful read. The characters are well rounded and believable. It's hard to review this book without giving away spoilers. This is a well written story with a great plotline that you will hard
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
Nicola Moriarty returns with a tightly bound domestic thriller titled, The Ex. A story of falling in love, trust, betrayal, revealing your true colours and mystery, this novel will reel you in from the very first sentence, through to the final word. The Ex is definitely one of my favourite thriller novels of the year.

Imagine meeting the man of your dreams, only to find out that he has an ex who just won’t let go. Worse still, the ex has turned into the
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
I have to be honest, I’ve been agonising over this review for days, worried that no matter how carefully I word it, that I’d inadvertently reveal something that could spoil The Ex for the reader. Something I definitely don’t want to do. I’ve drafted paragraph after paragraph, and deleted them all, so I’m going to make this short and sweet.

Having finally found her feet after a difficult few years, Georgia Fitzpatrick thinks she now may have also met ‘the One’. Luke is handsome, charming, and most
Mark
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it

If you look at the title, read the blurb, know your psychological thrillers and think you can guess the premise and outlay of this book, you would be right!
It is exactly as it says its going to be
If you love these kind of stories then its the equivalent of a comfort food meal, exactly what you want and enjoyable!
I Do love these kind of tales and love the ‘knowing whats going on’ before they do kinda thing and pretty much guessed like a dot to dot the first 75% of the book, I didnt really warm to
Lou
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Ex-Girlfriend is a tense and gripping psychological thriller written by the younger sister of Liane Moriarty and it's fair to say that writing riveting reads runs in the family. This story reminds us that some people can become so utterly obsessed with another that the jealousy ends up ruling their life and everything they do is driven by the idea of being with the person whether for the first time or once again as here with Cadence and Luke; the phrase "if I can't have you then no one can" ...more
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sammi
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: twenty-nineteen

I absolutely adore Nicola Moriarty!
This is the third book of hers that I have read & she is definitely an auto-buy author for me.

The being said, I thoroughly enjoyed this read! I did guess what was actually happening, which left me, for most of the book, yelling at the characters and covering my eyes when they didn't listen!
This is also how I watch horror movies... THE SUSPENSE KILLS ME!!

Even though I guessed the 'twist', the book still hooked me in and had me on the edge of my seat!

Nanna Stacey
Jul 21, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
How. Dis. A. Point. Ing.
I picked the twist 30% into the book. I am actually quite impressed with how accurate I was. But then instantly unhappy with the whole book because it was obviously predictable....

I wanted to like it ... but I honestly felt the writing was so flat and simple. The characters didn’t have too much depth or personality that I connected with. The story line plodded along without really anything happening that was exciting. I kept reading hoping it would get better - it didn’
Sue Houghton
Erin
What a deliciously twisted, suspense filled thriller!

This was my first Nicola Moriarty book and I practically consumed it. If her others are anything as gripping as this one, I daresay it won’t be my last!

This book is excellently written, has a great cast of characters, and is very compelling, and while I suspected certain elements early on, the how and the why were done brilliantly.

Everything in this story is so intricately woven that I can’t say much more without giving away plot points, but
Eva
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My Ex-Girlfriend is one of those books that is hard to review without giving anything away so this might quite possibly be one of the shortest reviews I’ve ever written.

Girl meets boy in bar, after having been stood up by a Tinder date. Georgia and Luke’s romance is one of the whirlwind kind. But Georgia knows she has finally found the one. Luke is everything she could possibly want in a boyfriend. Except for the fact that he can’t seem to shake his crazy ex-girlfriend, Cadence.

Now, I read a lot
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
Plot Summary:

When Georgia is stood up on a first date with a man she has connected with via a dating site, never did she think that on the same night she would meet the man of her dreams. After getting her life back on track after a few years of some personal struggles, Luke comes into her life at the right time. Charismatic, charming, funny and attractive, Luke is everything that Georgia could want in a partner, and after everything she has gone through, Luke most importantly makes her feel
Jennifer (JC-S)
‘Please, please, don’t let it be Cadence.’

When Georgia meets Luke, she falls in love. He’s considerate, he’s handsome and he makes her feel safe. Could he be the man of her dreams? Georgia has had a difficult few years, and meeting Luke seems perfect.

But Luke’s ex-girlfriend Cadence is not going to let him go quite that easily. She sends Luke text messages and then starts leaving notes on Georgia’s car. Luke says he’ll sort it out, but things get worse. Georgia ends up in trouble at work and
Gloria Arthur
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Ex by Nicola Moriarty

I thought I knew what to expect when I started reading The Ex, however the story soon diverts into a clever twist. The storyline was well constructed and I felt myself getting totally immersed in this read. I enjoyed the different characters in the story and how intense some of their scheming made you feel about them.

Georgia a nurse meets charming and handsome Luke in a bar and they soon start dating. Unfortunately Georgia finds that Luke has some unwanted baggage that
Jeannie Zelos
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Ex-Girlfriend, Nicola Moriarty

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Women's Fiction, Romance

Gah, women's fiction: c'mon publishers, this category has no place in 2019. Men read romance, men write romance, stop trying to alienate a potential reader base.

Anyway, I found this book kind of slow at the start, and felt it was a little predictable. I was pretty sure what was going on and almost gave up.
Glad I didn't though, once things picked up they rocketed along, with surprises way
Karen ⊰✿
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Georgie is a nurse in North-West Sydney who finds Luke unexpectedly one night and starts a whirlwind romance. But everything is not completely rosy as Luke reveals he has a "crazy stalker" ex girlfriend who soon starts to hunt down Georgia....
This gets 4 stars for being fun and easy-to-read. There is not-hard-to-guess mystery here, and the writing is solid, but not literary or amazing. It was just the type of book to read when you don't want to think too much and have some nice leisure time on
Alyssa
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Georgia has always struggled to find a sense of belonging. She loves her job as a nurse but is keen to settle down with the man of her dreams. Finding herself alone at a bar after a failed Tinder date, Georgia meets Luke. He’s charming, witty and clever, and their relationship blooms quickly. There’s just one obstacle on their road to happily ever after – Luke’s “problem ex”, Cadence. Luke tells Georgia they’re still living together and Cadence is not quite ready to let him go. Georgia begins to ...more
Nicole
From Australian author, Nicola Moriarty, comes the brilliant thriller, The Ex. I have been a fan of Moriarty since Free Falling I thoroughly enjoyed the new direction she has taken in this novel. Set in my home town of Western Sydney, The Ex is the story of two women, one man and how they are linked. Broken into three parts, the reader steps into the shoes of Georgia in the first part, Cadence in the second and both women in part three. Moriarty deals with various contemporary issues that are ...more
Clare
With thanks to Netgalley and Penguin for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

This is the second book I have read from Nicola Moriarty. When I heard she was releasing The Ex-Girlfriend I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy.

I was drawn into this book from the first paragraph. The lift door was about to close when a hand thrust it open again. Georgina stepped back, don't let it be Cadence!!

Georgina had been talking to Brett on Tinder for weeks when he finally asked her on a date.
Jo Strode
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A few twists and turns in the plot - some more predictable than others. An easy read book set in Sydney which is always refreshing.
Claudine Tinellis
This book defied any of my preconceived expectations. What I thought was a story about a woman scorned turned into something far deeper and darker than I could have imagined. I devoured page after page into the dead of night wondering how it was going to end. A fabulous thriller by a masterful story-teller. Loved it.
Zoé-lee O'farrell
OMG wow! Wow wow wow! This was one heck of a rollercoaster ride! Girl meets Boy, Girl and Boy fall in love and Boy has a crazy ex-girlfriend. That is all I am prepared to say about the book. My emotions were all over the place with The Ex-Girlfriend! When Georgia was happy, I was bloody happy, when she was angry I was angry, when she didn’t have a clue what was going I had no blinking idea!

That is when things just started to go a little tiny bit crazy and that feeling, you know the one that sits
Joanne Robertson
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t sure when I first started The Ex Girlfriend that I was going to enjoy it. The Sydney setting wasn’t the one I had been expecting and although I love a slow burner, it did seem to be taking its time heading towards the “big twist” that I have come to expect from this style of psychological thriller. I was right in my guess about what was going on but OMG about half way through, the pace increased and there were so many twists and turns that I felt decidedly dizzy with delight at the ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• A Lifetime of Impossible Days
  • The Arrangement
  • Messy, Wonderful Us
  • Those People
Nicola Moriarty lives in Sydney's north west with her husband and two small daughters. She is the younger sister of bestselling authors Liane Moriarty and Jaclyn Moriarty. In between various career changes, becoming a mum and studying teaching at Macquarie University, she began to write. Now, she can't seem to stop.

Hello there people in the world of books,
I Would love to hear from you either here