Start by marking “Made in Paris: A Christmas Short Story (Made In, #3)” as Want to Read:
Made in Paris: A Christmas Short Story (Made In, #3)

Made in Paris: A Christmas Short Story

(Made In #3)

New York. Paris. A friendship across continents and ages.

In Paris, days before Christmas, and on the most important stage of their lives, Dorian and Jean-Paul stumble upon the many letters they exchanged over the years since they became penpals at the tender age of ten.

Watch what happens when friendship turns into more.

Distance, tragedy, and fear.
Will anything get in th
Published December 10th 2018 by Ana Newfolk (first published December 9th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Made in Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Made in Paris

A Special Ops Christmas by Kristen JamesSnowbound by April  WilsonHis Christmas Sweater by C.M. ValencourtA Wish For A Christmas Bride by Vanna KingNew York Christmas by R.J. Scott
Holiday Themed Romance
168 books — 2 voters
The Merchant of Venice by William ShakespeareDubliners by James JoyceNotre-Dame de Paris by Victor HugoAmsterdam by Ian McEwanDown and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell
Cities
760 books — 92 voters

More lists with this book...

Zuzu
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Line
Dec 13, 2018 marked it as maybe
Freebie at the zon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/Made-Paris-C...
chrissy
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those interested in exploring LGBT romance
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 3.5 stars ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Made In Paris is a novella regarding the lives of two pen pals, Dorian and Jean-Paul who each live on different sides of the world, Dorian in New York and Jean-Paul in France, through flashbacks and present time descriptions.

☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆

I wasn't the biggest fan of the writing. While I thought it was fitting to have it split up into flashbacks and present time, it was difficult to distinguish the two at times. I also found the writing to be bland at times and the formatt
Faye Kennedy
3.5 stars. A good story telling the lives of Dorian and Jean-Paul and their many penfriend letters. Set and based over 20 years through their letters and post it notes. Friends to lovers and much more.. no love making scenes included.
The Celtic Rebel (Richard)
Wonderful and sweet holiday tale. Really enjoyed this.
Mrs.V
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dorian & Jean-Paul have been pen pals since they were 10 and living in two different continents. their love story spreads over the past 20 years.
I love how the story flows. Using their letters to give a flashback to the most important moment of their lives allowed you to summarize 20 years in a short story. And it's so beautiful!
DC
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Very sweet story about how two men, Dorian and Jean-Paul, start out as pen pals in grade school and through their letters become best friends and eventually husbands. At time I found the letters to be sweet, other time rather bland. There were also quite a few times that I couldn’t remember who’s POV I was reading; it just got a little confusing. There were a few oddball mistakes in grammar and spelling but nothing too distracting. Although, the address format for Dorian was a giveaway that the ...more
Bryan D.
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Challenge Number One on Book Riot's 2019 Read Harder Challenge list, is "An epistolary novel or collection of letters." It's been a good 40+ years since I last read Les Liaisons dangereuses, so I'm thinking of going back and rereading it. But in the meantime, I'll count a short story by Ana Newfolk in which the story of two young men is told in the twenty year correspondence they began as ten year old pen pals, one in New York, the other in Paris. A sweet story, easily read, with enough Parisian ...more
Helena Stone
A most charming story portraying a relationship as it develops over twenty years as two boys, living on different continents, grow up and move from pen pals via friends to.… Well, if you want to know what their lives look like twenty years after the first letter you’ll just have to read this wonderful story, told in part through those letters they sent back and forth.
Emma Burbidge
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love letters?

How a childhood pen pal becomes the love of your life. I very much enjoyed reading the recollection of Dorian and Jean-Paul as partially shown in select letters from their decade of correspondence.
Joanne Thornborough
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As Dorian and Jean Paul relive the start of their relationship via the letters they wrote beginning when they were kids, it's easy to fall in love with them. This sweet, touching love story, which takes place on very big day for their family, will warm your heart. A must read for any romantic.
Ken Cook
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Penpals forever

Okay, a quick delightful read. Alternating voices, letters from the past, the story develops drawing this reader in deep. The story is believable, and ended with me smiling and very damp eyes. Bravo!
Pat
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet.

A lovely sweet short Christmas story. A story that spanned two decades , two boys starting as pen pals an ocean apart, into best friends and finally lovers. There were a few hiccups along the way, but they got there.
Shelley Chastagner
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Told in bits of the present and the past. Dorian and Jean-Paul rediscover the letters from their past. From childhood ramblings to young adult confessions, painful silences and notes of life lived as roommates. Memories abound bringing them to the start of a new chapter of their lives.
Danielle
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Great Christmas story.

This got me thinking about the pen pal I had in grade school and whatever happened to them. My story was nowhere near as cool. Loved the story of the love growing over time and the fact they got to meet in person. Awesome.
Tom
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good book!

Written in letters between to boys who became penpals at the age of ten. You see and read as they grow up, and discover their love for each other.
Rhys Ethan
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-read
A brilliant love story.
Marge
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free, holiday, m-m, romance, stars-5
Stories with lots of letters usually aren't my thing, but I could really feel the emotions here, and the ending made me cry--happily.
Monika

**3.5 Stars

This was really sweet and parts of it made me teary. What a great little Christmas read, I just wish there was more.
Shellie
Jan 17, 2019
Cathy
Dec 31, 2018

Made In (5 books)
  • Made In New York (Made In, #1)
  • Made in Portugal (Made In,  #2)
  • Made in Manhattan (Made In, #4)
  • Made In Lisbon (Made In, #5)
“You could have confused me for a robot, or a zombie if you saw me. I was on automatic pilot, like life was happening but I wasn't in control.” 0 likes