Start by marking “The Break-Up Album” as Want to Read:

Audiobook Review

Overall 4 stars
Performance 5 stars
Story 3.5 stars

This isn't your typical rock star romance. It's a great twist on the trope with a healthy serving of forbidden/taboo romance as well. Andi Arndt and Shane East are fantastic as Jane and Matthew! The majority of the book is narrated superbly by Arndt, but this doesn't detract from East's sexy performance as the loveable Brisith music critic Matthew. In fact it makes Matthew's chapters and additions shine even more.

This book was a l
J. Grayland
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Break-Up Album is about Jane Black, a rock star who was left by her husband when he realized that he was gay, now they have a child together but Jane finds it hard to trust another man again, until Matthew Harrigan, a sexy, British journalist wants to spend time with her and write a story about how an album is written. Only problem is Jane has writers block and is looking for inspiration. This was a really lovely romance, the characters were so sweet and likable and the story line was an int ...more
Alaina
ugh, so disappointed with this one!

The Breakup Album was such a boring audiobook. Oh lord, I tried to get into it and possibly invested into characters - but nope, couldn't. In this, you will meet Jane and Matthew. She is a singer who is going through a little writing slump. It also doesn't help that life for her sucks ass. With a failed marriage, secrets coming out, and nothing to really write about - she's stuck and hates it.

Then there's Matthew who writes reviews and he has his eye on Jane (i
Erica Paré
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
I was a little disappointed in this book since I usually love books written by Lauren Blakely. This one just seemed to be missing something for me. There was a lack of chemistry between the two MC's for me. You could tell there was some love for each other but not that desire found in most other books.

Jane is a singer who has finally found success. Matthew is someone who writes reviews. You could easily see where this could possibly go, however, it doesnt play out as you may think. Jane has wall
Aly
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, audiobook
Rounded up from 3.5 stars
Lauren Blakely writes great books and although this wasn't my favorite, it was a good read. I love the duet narration style of the audiobook, Matthew has a hot British accent! The story was okay, it just felt like not a lot happened. I did like seeing Jane get over Aidan completely and be able to move on. Her relationship with her siblings was super cute too. Matthew is a good guy and nice match for Jane.

The characters were fun and the premise of the story was good, I j
Pam Nelson
I am a sucker for an English accent.

I seem to always say this about Andi’s narration lately that I listened to her so much all her characters are sounding the same but for this book she didn’t. I was so glad. I felt like she was Jane to me. I like that when she was speaking Matthew’s parts she used an accent. That really helped keep me in the story.

Jane is having a hard time with her marriage ending. So she writes a hit album and it goes so well she wins a Grammy for it. But the label wants mo
Jennifer Garcia
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This book has all the feels... LB spelled out a story that took me from lows to highs and allowed me to perfectly feel Jane's every feeling. I can't tell you specifics because they'd be spoilers but there are scenes that we get to experience with Jane. Man, in the beginning, my throat hitched with an excited sob when a certain awesome something happened. Other times, too, my feelings were in tune with Jane's. My point is, LB did something special in this book. She was able to link moments in lif ...more
Source: Brilliance Audio

The Break-Up Album is about Jane Black, a rockstar who was left by her husband because he finally comes to grip with being gay. This devastates Jane because she is totally in love with him and they have a kid together. With hindsight, she realizes she missed clues over the few years they were together including their one-night stand that had that left her pregnant.

Jane hasn’t been with a guy since her husband left her about a year ago. She hasn’t even been attracted to a
Patty
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know where Lauren Blakely gets her inspiration from, but this story is not what I expected! Jane recently had a hit with her last album, winning a grammy and has shot to stardom. Matthew is a journalist looking to find his next big story, and is hoping it's Jane. And their romance begins. The taboo romance of Matt and Jane, after all, he is working with her is front and center of this book, and it's steamy. But what I love the most is the healing Jane goes through and the revelation of h ...more
Elizabeth Swain
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Matthew Harrigan has swept me away with his sexy British accent and abs! Elizabeth @ Carolina Chic''s Read

Let's start wit the cover... Michael Scanlon... yes please! Now you give him the absolutely sexy accent of Shane East and this is a sensory overload!

I loved the story of Jane Black the Grammy Winning singer/songwriter, who has got to have another hit record. It only took a broken heart and marriage to get the first one out of her. Enter Matthew Harrigan... Sexy British Reporter... you have
Annette Lakas
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Of course, I love all Lauren Blakely's books, but this one kept me going straight through reading and didn't stop! The fact that it deals with Jane's reality of an entertainer and what decisions she has to make are included in this real life story. Her ex-husband's difficult journey that intertwines with hers and their child is also a storyline that many couples face today. The slow closeness that Jane and Matthew share instead of a quick connection is a meaningful relationshi ...more
Pamela Lilley
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet, easy and enjoyable love story. No angst. Just girl meets boy, girl and boy fall for each other, then reality kicks in and they realise they have to work together so are unable to start a relationship. Obviously there’s a bit more to it than that. We have the ex husband and father of Jane’s child, who, it turns out, is gay. We have the fact that her love interest, Matthew, is also a music critic (Jane is an up and coming rock star). Lots of lovely little side stories included in this litt ...more
Lisa Zimmerman (Dirty Blonde Books)
Read in 2016 when it was called, Far Too Tempting.
Kristi
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Narration was fabulous, two of my favorites. Story was cute. Didn’t have the same steaminess factor as most of Lauren’s other books do.
Soo
Dec 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
3.5 Stars
Skylar
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Fantastic narration
I think it's a case of it's not you, it's me. I've been in a weird mood today. ...more
MountainKat
Really good. Loved the audio too!
Sassafrass
I liked having a story about a female rock star even though Jane was not your typical rock star. I thought that it brought a unique quality to the story. Jane drove me crazy though but I'm not sure how together I would be if my husband left me in way Jane was dumped!

I wasn't to fond of Matthew in the beginning either. He was wishy washy!!! He got better by the end but I could see why Jane was confused on his feelings for her.

Loved Jane's son, he was definitely one of my favorite parts of the sto
Laurie
May 23, 2021 rated it it was ok
One of my go to authors since discovering her a few years ago… but this book was a bit disappointing and I found myself putting it down several times to read something else. Not a bad story or characters, but just consistently meh…
Ingrid
Mar 07, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This audiobook was great! I always love dual narration, and it worked so well for this one. I even listened to it outside of my walks and drives, which is always the sign of a good one!

Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
kgagnon
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
I loved this twist on the forbidden rockstar romance! It is a beautiful story of learning how to trust, healing, and finding true love. Jane is flying high with the success of her latest album. She wrote it after her heartbreaking split from her husband. She has tried to keep her personal life out of the spotlight but there are journalists who have taken advantage of her new found fame. When sexy British journalist Matthew asks to interview her, she is intrigued. He is the first man she has been ...more
ClaudiaB
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Breakup Album by Lauren Blakely
Narrated by Shane East and Andi Arndt

I loved this book. It was funny and heart felt. I had a goofy grin on my face as I listened.

Jane, talented, beautiful, kind and deserving of all accolades.... she’s a musician, a rock star to all except herself. Matthew, witty, handsome and darn good at his job..... music critic no less....Can she help him reveal his true self, can he trust her?
Can he inspire her to write from a different angle about love and can she tru
Baca Buku
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Normally, I would suspend disbelief when reading fiction, especially romance. But some the things that happen in this book are quite unrealistic.
For instance, I know New Yorkers tend to ignore celebrities, but Jane just won a Grammy in a major category and she walks around the city without being recognised or being asked for her autograph and a selfie?
And Matthew. You're a journalist at a prestigious publication, and you begin a relationship with the person you are interviewing? Not professional
Debra
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
Jane Black is an indie rock artist with three mediocre albums, and then her husband springs an enormous surprise on her and leaves her. In her pain, she writes the ultimate break up album which is a huge hit and wins her a Grammy.

Matthew Harrigan is one of the top music journalists and writes a fantastic review of her album. He then asks to write an article on her experience creating her music. She is attracted to his looks, his British accent, and the glowing review of her break up album. Andi
Serenechaosnyc
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really love Lauren Blakely's rom coms. I should have known this wouldn't be a rom com given the name of the book. But as always, the story is well written. Jane is a rock star who finally made a name for herself because of her break up album. Matthew is a writer, one of the best known reporters for a well known rock star magazine. They get together at first for work but there is so much chemistry and I liked their interactions. Matthew is such a great guy. Jane is also great and Lauren Blakely ...more
Angela
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although Jane's story began after her split with her husband and her coping mechanism through music, there was still a good amount of anger and animosity in the book. Not the rip you hair out kind, but more of a trapped soul kind. And I really liked the way it was written, the healing processes taken, and the bot so tidiness of her developing relationship with Matthew.
Andi Arndt is a phenomenal narrator and really fit her role with Jane. Just as talented, Shane East and his deep timbered accent
Shelley Youngblood
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Lauren Blakely's Break Up Album. From the very start I was drawn into the story and she did not let me go. The chemistry was sizzling hot, the storyline unique and the world she created was one I never wanted to leave.

Shane East and Andi Arndt were phenomenal in their performance. Their voices made Lauren's words come to life and create an entirely new experience for me. I will purchase books on these narrators alone, from now on.
Jan Miller
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Blakely did it again with another wonderful story! I really enjoyed this listen with its vivid imagery and the fantastic narration. Shane East and Andi Arndt were perfect in this book. I loved their inner musings and how they brought the characters to life. Jane and Matthew are two characters that really appealed to me. I loved the storyline in this book was original, and how I once again felt like smiling listening to this book.
Rose Maniscalco
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a cute story about an up and coming musician who wrote a blockbuster album after her marriage broke up and now seems to have writer's block. She is attracted to the reporter who wants to do a story about her for her next album.

They try to stay away from each other, but can't seem to. Also, she's not fully sure if he really wants her or her story.

I enjoyed this book overall. It was well written and engaging.

• Text 2 Lovers (2 Lovers, #1)
  • British Banger (Cocky Hero Club)
  • These Walls Can Talk
  • Love Unexpected
  • Hate 2 Lovers (2 Lovers, #2)
  • Mother Clucker (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Just the Tip
  • Hollywood Scandal
  • Never Date Your Best Friend (Never Date #4)
  • Never Date Your Enemy (Never Date #5)
  • The Empire State Series
  • Doctor Heartbreaker (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Love Machine
  • The Virgin's Fake Fiance (The Virgin #1)
  • The Ruthless Gentleman
  • Arm Candy (Real Love, #2)
  • Never Date Your Ex (Never Date #3)
  • All Grown Up
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: https://laurenblakely. ...more