Start by marking “Love At First Sight (Southern Bride, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love At First Sight (Southern Bride, #1)

Love At First Sight

(Southern Bride #1)

From New York Times best selling author, Kelly Elliott, comes a new series her WANTED fans will adore. Filled with love, hope, and second chances, LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT, is book one in the Southern Brides series. Each book in this series will be stand alone books.

Love at first sight.

That’s what it was when Rip Myers came up to me in kindergarten. From that point on, we wer
Published August 2019

Start your review of Love At First Sight (Southern Bride, #1)
Nova B
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was bored. Went to half way thru. But couldn’t do it anymore. Both dumb. Hero is so not for me. I need one that goes after what he wants. This one was too scared.
Rebecca
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chloe Parker and her animal best friend, Patches, will always hold a special place in my heart because Kelly Elliott introduced readers to these two in Lost Love, book one of her Cowboys & Angels series, my favorite of hers, and Chloe and Patches always brought a smile to my face throughout each scene they were in, stealing hearts and causing chaos.

So when I found out that the first book in Elliott’s newest series, Southern Bride, would be about Chloe and Rip Myers, another character readers me
Lisa
Aug 15, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
“What did I do?”
“Nothing. That’s the problem, Rip.”

Exactly! Blah blah blah. I couldn’t take it. The H was a wuss and the h was a hypocrite stringing along Easton. Both are dumb. I was bored. Didn’t get to the halfway mark and had to DnF!!!
Andrea Fleury
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rip and chole

I will always you this book. It is very romantic a bit sad. And wonderfully written. I love Kelly's books. Rip was the perfect gentleman. He had his moments but all in due time.It was great to see patches.
Antonella
Izzie d
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it
It's okay.
I'm not really a fan of this troupe, best friends, afraid to be lovers in case they loose their best friend status.
I felt frustrated with the story. The Hero needed a spine, he kept refusing to tell her, even when he really should have.
Both get involved with others, while at same college.
Heroine is engaged to someone else when they visit back home.
No intimate scenes with anyone other than the Hero and heroine.
Thoughts and conversations about exes. Some comparisons made.
HEA.
Karen
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Erin Lewis
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

5 Star Review Love At First Sight (Southern Bride #1) by Kelly Elliott

Where do I start? Firstly when I heard that that Kelly Elliott had a brand new series I was anxious to dive right in. Having read her Cowboys and Angels series and learning that Chloe from that series was the heroine I was so excited.

The Parkers are one of my top book families ever and I couldn’t wait to read At First Sight. Chloe Parker has loved Rip Meyers from the time they met in kindergarten.

Years later her heart is b
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•

Chloe and Rip have known each other since they were very young and have been in love with each other since they can remember. The only thing is that neither of them have ever admitted how they feel. They are best friends and admitting that they want more could potentially ruin that friendship - not something either of them want to risk losing.

At the end of high school they are getting ready to graduate and head off to college, maybe now is the time to finally come clean and see where th
Ally.Always.Reads
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Unputdownable! (Is that a word? 😂)

Loved getting Chloe and Rip’s story! I’ve been dying for this one! It makes me want to go back and reread the Cowboys and Angels series!!
Booklover
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: slow-burn
i'm in the minority here, but i did not like this book.
i had such a hard time finishing this book.
the first half has so much unnecessary angst; it had such a buildup that went nowhere.
The second half was all of a sudden a cheesy romance about all the sweet and perfect things between them. but i just couldnt connect with the characters and the switch to boyfriend girlfriend happened so out of nowhere without the hero really showing her he loved her.
The Hero is a huge coward and dull as hell, a
Curlyhairlass19
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I just love small town romances and Kelly Elliot does an amazing job. Best friends to lovers is always a little cat nip of mine, especially when they grew up together as kids. So sweet, and that is just what this story was. I love all the characters in this story, the town and the relationships. The characters showed growth and maturity through some tough mistakes that they had to go through to find their way back home..to each other. So much love.
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 One’s True Love Stars ~

What an AMAZING start to this new series by Kelly Elliott!! I loved every word of this book. I was so excited to read this story and I couldn’t put it down.

When I first met Chloe as a spunky 5 year old in Lost Love (Book 1 of the Angels & Cowboys Series) I instantly fell in love with her and when she set her sights on Rip (Jonathon’s younger brother) I just knew they needed a story!! I was so happy to find out Kelly wrote th
Abby
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books
I loved this book so hard! Full review to come.
OH MY HEAVENS! Kelly slayed me with this book! I couldn't read it fast enough and yet I never wanted it to be over! It gave me ALL THE FEELS and I adored seeing grown up Rip and Chloe. This book held me captivated and I was lost in Chloe and Rip's world. My heart hurt for her at times. I loved the strength of Chloe's family and the way in which their friends and family didn't try to push either of them, but were there for them. This was such a be
Vanessa (nessreads)
Love at First Sight is a friends to lovers romance that gave me so many feels.

Rip and Chloe have been best friends since kindergarten. When Chloe’s a teenager she realizes she has romantic feelings for Rip, she tells him how she feels when they’re just starting college. Rip tells her he doesn’t feel the same, and their relationship becomes strained and isn’t the same after that.

Years go by, and Chloe gets engaged to another man, and thus makes Rip realize he has made the biggest mistake of his l
Melissa B (bookaddict_fanatic)
This book was EVERYTHING..... from the stunning cover to the beautiful words this book was PERFECTION! Kelly never fails to pour her heart out into these amazing characters and captivating stories and Love at First Sight was no exception! Chloe and Rip's book was one that I have been looking forward to and one I was so enraptured with I couldn't put it down. Rip and Chloe meant everything to each other but when you fall in love with your bestfriend is it worth the risk of losing that friendship? ...more
Virginia
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kelly has written such a sweet, romantic story with Love at First Sight. I absolutely loved Rip and Chloe’s story. These two have been best friends since they were kids, in love with each other, but with some obstacles along the way. Once they come together they are perfection. This is a story that will warm your heart and make you believe in true love.

Rip was perfect- he was so romantic and loving to Chloe. He was sincere and made me believe that there are perfect guys out there. Chloe was a gr
booksara
Pretty sweet childhood best friends-to-lovers story. I was frustrated as hell the first half cause it was obvious she didn’t want that. I was considering dropping it because it was literally super unnecessary. This really didn’t have a conflict other than the stupid mistake at the beginning. I really loved Rip on the first page. The few chapters about their moments in high school were super cute. But then they both fell short for me. They were too scared and I just wanted to slap them. The last ...more
Amy
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Fantastic Stars!!

“Sometimes you have to cut the strings to make room for what truly belongs to your heart.”

“Every time you looked into my eyes, I felt it deep within my soul.”

Love At First Sight is the first book in an exciting new series from author Kelly Elliott that delivers all the feels and will leave you breathless.

Love At First Sight follows the story of Rip and Chloe. From the moment I picked up this book, I was giddy with excitement. I was instantly hooked and could not wait to see wh
Stacey (Total Book Addicts)
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing

"I’ve loved you since the first day I saw you in kindergarten." *swoons*

Kelly just keep your books coming woman. No seriously DON'T EVER STOP!!!!

After the Cowboys & Angels series finished I was so sad because I loved all the characters so much. But I knew this little gem was coming out so I just had to wait patiently.

I loved Chloe in all of the other books. So when Kelly said that she was getting her own book I was like 'Yes I'm so excited and can't wait for her story'

Chloe & Rip meet in kinder
Isha Coleman
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
The road to happily ever after is littered with past regrets. Elliott takes off the blinders of first love and exposes a heart's most painful secret. Love at First Sight begins in innocence and matures into heartache. Chloe and Rip are the best of friends, until a pained revelation sets their lives on different courses. Will destiny guide them back to each other? Or have the emotions of the past become a breach that can never be healed? Love at First Sight is a lesson in learning what love is. E ...more
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Known for her touching small town romances, Kelly Elliott's books have been on my radar for a while now, and the beginning of a new series seemed like the perfect starting point for me. It's a sweet best-friends-to-lovers storyline, where the characters have known each other since they were kids, and loved one another just as long, but something always stopped them from confessing their feelings to the other. Until one of them works up the courage to do so, and things don't go as hoped. So they ...more
Liz
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first decided to read Love At First Sight by Kelly Elliott, I did not realize it was a spin-off from one of my favorite series, Cowboys & Angels, however, this can be read as a standalone. Though I did love the Cowboys and Angels series so much and highly recommend it! This story features Chloe and Rip and their emotionally heartbreaking and touching journey.

Chloe and Rip have been inseparable since they were young children. Best friends who were always there for each other through it al
Love & Lavender Book Review
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Y’all Kelly Elliott knows how to make me swoon!! I mean this cover alone, I have been loving since day 1. Rip and Chloe’s story is magic. Adding in the southern charm makes my heart sing. It doesn’t get any sweeter than this!! Rip and Chloe are magic together and Kelly’s writing is spot on.

Rip and Chloe, best friends since childhood. There’s always something about childhood best friends to lovers that pulls at my heart strings. From the slow burn, to the quick pace of their relationship, these
Marika
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I have been waiting for this story for years lol!
I loved Chloe and Rip and I couldn't wait for their story because I knew their love would be epic!
I think I spent the first half of the book cursing at these two lol..not really, but I kept wishing for one of them to crack and speak first!!!
Chloe is def stubborn and so prideful, the girl very rarely admits of being wrong.
Who stole the show, for me, was Rip. Yes, he made mistakes and he was scared, but the man was all in..he was so swee
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Chloe and Rip have been inseparable since kindergarten, but now in their first year in college, chloe finally gets up the courage to take their friendship to the next level. However, Kip being scared to lose her friendship will not take the leap. Now with hurt between them the friendship is not the same. Will it take Chloe coming home as engaged make Rip finally take the leap? Or will he once again put her feelings before his and watch the only woman he loves walk into another's arms? With beaut ...more
Mityi Jaén
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
a blood test to find out the sex of the baby?????????? Mmmm what???

It was a little frustrating and boring sometimes. I guess there's a reason I don’t like to read books where the H and h are bffs, it's very frustrating for me.
Lisa Icard
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute friends to lovers story……with previous Chloe, Rip and the vest giant Around.... Patches!
Cindy Martin
I love these little town romances
Coco.V
Feb 22, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/22/2020)! 🎁
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• It's Not Over (Fair Lakes, #1)
  • Complicated Love (Moment In Time #2)
  • Unexpected Fight (Unexpected Arrivals, #2)
  • Southern Comfort (Southern, #2)
  • Southern Chance (Southern, #1)
  • Southern Storm (Southern, #3)
  • Already Gone
  • Unexpected Fall (Unexpected Arrivals, #3)
  • Southern Sunrise (Southern, #4)
  • Can't Fight It (Fair Lakes #3)
  • Bliss (Entangled Hearts Duet, #2)
  • Unexpected Love (A Moment in Time)
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes, #2)
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him #9)
  • Fix (Brewed Book 1)
  • Wait For Me
  • Multimillonario & Libre
  • That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky, #2)

Kelly Elliott is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling contemporary romance author. Since finishing her bestselling Wanted series, Kelly continues to spread her wings while remaining true to her roots and giving readers stories rich with hot protective men, strong women and beautiful surroundings.

Her bestselling works include, Wanted, Broken, Without You, and Unconditional Love, to name just

Southern Bride (6 books)
  • Delicate Promises (Southern Bride, #2)
  • Divided Interests (Southern Bride, #3)
  • Lucky in Love (Southern Bride, #4)
  • Feels Like Home (Southern Bride, #5)
  • Take Me Away (Southern Bride #6)

News & Interviews