Start by marking “My Christmas Break Mistake” as Want to Read:
My Christmas Break Mistake

My Christmas Break Mistake

Who said mistakes have to be bad?

It’s Christmas break and I’m alone. My best friend is off with the dance team to the Bahama’s and I’m at home, trying to pad my college application by volunteering with Safety Net Mentors, a program that pairs teens with kids in need—and if I finally get to talk to my life-long crush, I’m okay with that.

Everything is going according to pl
Published December 9th 2018 by Sweet Heart Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about My Christmas Break Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Christmas Break Mistake

Katie W
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ellie's Christmas break isn't exactly shaping up to be as she pictured it. In an effort to get into an Ivy League college, she's home volunteering and her new partner in crime is her ex-best friend. Grayson left her without a word and is back now and she's not sure she can forgive him, especially as he continues to hold his secrets.

Christmas is a magical time, as is apparent in this story. Not only are Ellie and Grayson able to help these young siblings that they mentor while they're mom is deal
Sometime
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This was just ok. It was a YA story that was very YA. The lack of communication by the MCs didn't make sense and the angst and drama was a bit OTT.

But, all in all, it was a sweet, clean, Christmassy story.
Traci Charlet
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ok

This was an ok read. Good plot idea but really not that deep and the conflict was a bit silly. It kinda made no logical sense. He left and couldn't even call while he was away? Like he couldn't make up a simple excuse for going to visit an uncle for a while? The conversations the two main characters had were not very deep and very superficial and then suddenly it was all ok? I guess I just didn't believe either of them. A good start to a story but it needs more depth and more mature writing (n
Penny Leidecker
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Christmas Break Mistake is a sweet, clean read that has to deal with a tough subject. Secrets are kept, but will they come out in the end? I really enjoyed this touching story about Grayson and Ellie. No spoilers, so grab your copy and get in the holiday spirit.
Adrienne
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Has editing problems

I have mixed feelings about this book. There were some cute parts, but there were also editing issues (the number of times that "I" was used after a preposition, using "you're" when it should have been "your," and misplaced commas) and the constant whiplash of the main character's emotions was kind of annoying.
Ranee Clark
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute! And I always love a best friend romance. Really liked the twist the author gave this one.
Pat
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The storyline was well written and the characters were very likable, believable and engaging which kept me totally hooked throughout the entire book! I look forward to reading more from this author!
Julie Jobe
Jan 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
I personally did not care for this book. It started out okay, but just went downhill from there for me. Ellie, the main character is repeatedly rude to someone she once considered her best friend because there's something he can't talk to her about. She continues to act impulsively throughout the book even though multiple times her actions are called into question and she says that she will do better for the sake of the child she is mentoring, yet does not. Her mom, more than once, tries to get ...more
Linda
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
There was potential here, but the actions/reactions were either extreme or did not make sense. For example, Ellie learns of Grayson's return and somehow her best friend knows, but doesn't tell her. First, how does her best friend know, but she doesn't? Why would her best friend know? Second, why was she able to easily blow off that her best friend did not tell her given how close she and Grayson were and how badly it hurt that he left with no word to her? Then there were her feelings in general. ...more
Vivian
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Enjoyable, though flawed, story

I generally enjoy Anne-Marie Meyer's YA stories, and this one was no exception. That said, there were some pretty big issues with the plot that remained puzzling & made it hard for me to shift into happily-ever-after mode with the story once it did.

I don't understand why Grayson's dad wouldn't have insisted that the family make the visit to Grayson's uncle look normal so that it didn't raise questions and arouse curiosity (ie have Grayson keep in touch with hi
SℓιM
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was okay

•••** not many spoilers; but it is just a few••***

So I thought this book wasn’t going to catch my interest at first. But I soon got into it. I like how both Grayson and Ellie; was there for Molly and Johnny even though they were so stuck wait; Ellie was so stuck on Grayson! When Grayson was actually going through something! If it wasn’t for Molly and Johnny, I don’t think Grayson would have told Ellie about his mom! For one thing, I realize th
Molina Ivon
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ellie wants to make Christmas for children in need to be perfect, she gets paired up with an adorable chatty girl, Molly. She finds out Molly has a brother who's mentor is her ex-friend Grayson. Ellie has to put her emotions aside for the kids but with each encounter she has with Grayson, she feels her walls crashing down and unknown feelings rising that make it harder for her to resist her ex-friend...will Christmas be bringing old friends together or will it be a mistake that will haunt her fo ...more
robin
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Selfish main character

The writing was alright. The story was short and ok. But the !ain character So was highly self absorbed. She couldn't get past what her best friend had done to her by leaving me not telling her why. Not once taking note of how his obvious sadness and affection for her showed that there we more than he was able to tell her. Beside that, the character development was hardly there. It's a super quick read. Probably best suited for junior high reading level.
Pascale
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
-‘My heart broke with every sentence that he started and didn't finish. He was breaking inside and there was nothing I could do to stop it. He was leaving me. Again.’-

This was a sweet, touching story with some difficult issues.

I regularly read and review complimentary electronic books from authors, publishers, publicists, and NetGalley. I am not obligated to leave positive reviews, nor do I, nor have I ever, receive(d) compensation. I am not related to anyone who has provided these. The thoughts
Nancy Luebke
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have mixed feelings about this tween read. I received this for free and chose to review it. I've given it a 4.5* rating.Good concept but the characters gave out mixed signals. At a time when hormones and feelings run high, this was a tough situation. There is a lot of tough talk and negative responses. Clearly, both hero and heroine still have a lot of growing up to do. A good ending after some good communication between them.
Teresa Bertolio
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Communication is the key to all relationships.* Spoilers: There is so much miscommunication that really hinders any relationship. I'm very glad these two friends were able to overcome their pride and forgive each other. I love happily ever after stories. I also really loved how both of the main characters reached out to 2 young children to give them a wonderful Christmas.
Silvia
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another sweet YA read! Ellie & Grayson were best friends for a long time when he suddenly leaves town without a word and returns a few months later in the same fashion. What happens when you mix secrets, a broken friendship, two young children, and Christmas? A very good read that will melt your heart and remind you what Christmas is all about!
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Theresa
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was not a fan of this short read, for some reason I couldn't connect with the writing style or the characters and yet I kept reading because I wanted to find out why Grayson had left for a few months and couldn't tell Ellie. Ellie was childish, her attempts at trying to heal her friendship with Grayson were shallow at best, she was constantly making assumptions that it was difficult to believe any kind of friendship between these two had occurred let alone believe that the romance.
Paula
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ellie and Grayson were best friends until he left without a word. When he returns and they are paired up to help siblings, can they return to their past friendship? I really enjoyed this YA book and thought for teens they handled their situation pretty well. Ellie was willing to try again and I so felt for Grayson. Sometimes we don't have to know everything in order to be friends. Loved how their relationship progressed. Great ending.
Louisa
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What happens when you fall for your ex-best friend

A really sweet Christmas romance story. Ellie has signed up to be a mentor to a young child over the Christmas break only to find herself paired with her ex-best friend Grayson. It her badly when he disappeared with a word, now forced to spend time with him she's confused by the feelings she's has for him. Can they put the past behind them and become friends again and possible more or will Greyson secret keep them apart
Ljones
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet Christmas story

Sometimes things aren't what they seem. When. El's friend Grayson just up and leaves without a word, she thinks she did something to upset him. Then he returns and is acting weird. She is hurt and confused and he won't talk about where he has been. Can they get past his secrets? Can they still be friends?
Nati
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Grayson, Ellie’s best friend, left town in summer without saying goodbye she was devastated. But now is Christmas’s break and she is going to volunteer and help some kids have the best time ever. But Grayson is back in town and they are paired in mentoring two siblings. Can they be friends again and make two little children happy? Christmas’s magic will do the trick.
Terressa
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun story. I liked the reminder of not judging before we know both sides of the story.

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists,
and/or authors, including Netgalley. I am not required to write positive
reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this
in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.
Lori R
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A nice story of teenagers and young love, misunderstandings, hurt feelings, an on again and off again relationship, and family secrets are woven together to tell a wonderful story about Ellie and Grayson as they try to renavigate their friendship in order to mentor two young siblings during Christmas. This certainly makes for an interesting Christmas break.
Bernadette Cinkoske
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Christmas Break Mistake is a sweet, clean story about two friends. Ellie was upset when Grayson left without a word. Now he is back but had not contacted her. They were best friends. Now she does not know what to think. They are paired as mentors to siblings. Can Ellie get past her hurt. Can Grayson let her in? Grab a copy and see how this plays out.
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Good storyline

This story had a very well thought out storyline but needs some grammatical work. It was quite difficult to see "ridged" instead of rigid and "you're hair" instead of your hair.
Auburn
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was adorable. A perfect short holiday read that has just the right amount of problems to offset the mushy we love them already just kiss moments. The fact that it all came together at the end was no surprise but the way it happened was beautiful.
If you need a short cute read this is perfect.
Jessie Shepps
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet ya romance

Sweet ya Christmas romance. This book covers some hard topics. The main character learns things are not always as they seem and sometimes the greatest gift you can receive is the gift of giving to others.
K Rae
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Quick Story

A quick, clean YA Christmas story perfect for a stress-relieving night of reading during the chaotic holiday season. Literally read it in a night. I'm interested enough to look into her clean adult novels.
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Teenage Perception

El is a typical teenager whose best friend, Grayson, disappeared without a word. Now he's back and won't tell her where he went or why. Will they be able to repair their friendship or will this secret destroy them?~
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Cookie Girl Christmas (Snowflake Falls Inn Romance, #1)
  • Kissing Santa (A Christmas Street, #2)
  • The Christmas Star
  • Under the Mistletoe Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology Book 14)
  • Sawdust and Mistletoe
  • Almost Christmas
  • Santa Maybe
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance #1)
  • Love, Snow and Mistletoe: Four Sweet Christmas Romance Novellas
  • Getting Kole for Christmas
  • A Christmas Courting
  • Forever Christmas
  • Her Country Star Fake Fiancé (Christmas Romance Series)
  • Welcome to Christmas, Texas: A Christmas Network Novel
  • Paper Love (A Chicago Christmas Book 2)
  • Finding the Truth in Christmas Falls (Return to Christmas Falls Book 7)
  • One Enchanted Christmas