Start by marking “Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer” as Want to Read:
Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer

Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer

Seventeen gruesome killings across the United States, within a span of six months and there is one clear connection among victims. They were all writers.
While media is decorating the murders with sensationalist stories, and law enforcement is playing catch-up, the homicidal maniac remains elusive and secretive.
Things get very interesting, when one day she decides to appe
Published January 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer

Start your review of Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer
Miranda Reads
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

"Please, I have two kids. Please...let me go," Stella pleaded...
"Are you asking me a question or is that a declarative statement? I can't decide."
A homicidal manic (referring to herself as Grazine), is carving her way across America with one very clear signature to her killings - grammatical errors.

According to herself, she is:
...just a run-of-the-mill reader who has been very frustrated reading unedited manuscripts all her life.
(Girl, while your actions are extreme, I emp
Khurram
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review I have no connection to Ryan Suvaal.

I good quick read into the deranged and predatory mind of a serial killer. The scariest thing about this book is how close to reality it is. Even though it is set a couple of year in the future the technology and dealing of the dark web are already a problem today.

On the dark web you can get anything from red rooms to interviews with deranged psychopaths where they feel they cannot be traced,
Peter
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Grammar
Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer, is a highly imaginative, tongue-in-cheek story of a psychopath that has been rattled by the misuse of grammar. The infamous Grammar Nazi Serial Killer came to despise the incorrect use of grammar after living in a house of cannibals when a Whatsapp message inadvertently goes out to everyone saying “Let’s eat Grandpa” when it should have read “Let’s eat, Grandpa.” That missing comma has serious ramifications for poor old Grandpa.

The dark hu
Mort
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maybe 3.5 stars, but with that AWESOME cover, I'm pushing it up to 4.

Now, dear authors, I will never threaten any of you, but not everybody is as levelheaded as I am, so please edit your stories, because it CAUSES SOME READERS UNNECESSARY FUCKING STRESS!
Dana Ilie
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
***I have received an ARC in return for an honest review***

3,4 stars
A short well-written book. This book is really true to the category of a psychological thriller
but too short to satisfy me, limited in building any of the characters, establishing an engrossing plot, or building deeper motivation. It felt like a sample of a bigger story.
Darinda
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short story about a serial killer. The fireside chat takes place on the darknet, on a show that interviews some of society's worst people. The latest chat features an interview with a serial killer who targets authors. The killer has murdered seventeen authors for the atrocious and cavalier grammar mistakes in their books. The killer has been dubbed the Grammar Nazi Serial Killer, and believes she has valid reasons for committing the murders.

A clever and twisted short story. The killings are v
Rachel Aranda
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. This in no way affects my opinion of the book in general.

This short story was so good! As someone who worked as a back-up editor while attending university, I really connected to this main character who goes by the name Grazine. Grazine is known as the "Grammar Nazi Serial Killer" who murders authors who make grammatical mistakes in their books. She goes on a dark web series where infamous criminals go for a 42 minu
Surbhi Das
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
"But when you did not respect me as a reader, WHY SHOULD I RESPECT YOU AS A WRITER?"

This short story is a psychological thriller and it really exceeded my expectations. In fact, I had so much fun reading it. The story is set in near future, “Fireside chat” being a chatroom dedicated to the infamous of the society, who gather in this corner of the dark net to discuss their notorious deeds. As the name suggests “Grammar Nazi” serial killer is a guest of this famous show. This particular serial
Dianne
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
She’s an anti-hero on the darknet. This serial killer takes her business seriously as she goes on a one woman campaign to correct the grammatical shortcomings of writers and wordsmiths everywhere. Because really, a dead writer will error no more…

FIRESIDE CHAT WITH A GRAMMAR NAZI SERIAL KILLER is a cleverly twisted tale where clearly, a red pen would never make the impression that a gruesome death will and this killer is out to prove a point and ease the “itch” she gets when grammar is butchered
Chandra Claypool (WhereTheReaderGrows)
OMG this short story! Hahaha. The very beginning had me going, Oh no... I'm not going to like this. WHAT............ and then I got the Fireside Chat and YES! This is where the story shines.

We have a woman serial killer out to make a name for herself. Fireside Chat is on the dark web where people can listen to an interview with serial killers who are vetted to make sure they are who they say they are. You can even pay a pretty coin in hopes of being one of the chosen ones to ask a question yours
Jessthebookslover
Actual rating: 3.5/5 stars!

This psychological thriller was really good! It took me like... 10 minutes to read. The blurb was page turning, I literally couldn't stop!
(Despite the warnings.. I'm not the susceptible type).

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Few descriptions of violence and gore.

Only thing that keeps me from giving a higher rating is: ..... Poor character development! I know I cannot ask the world out of a little less than 30 pages, but I wish I could've read more about the main character background
MissBecka Gee
Grazine is our MC in this short, she is the Grammar Nazi.
Though she isn't fond of that nickname.
I found Grazine very likable, extremely engaging, funny and approachable.
It's just a short story so you don't get a whole lot of plot here. You do get enough to make you want more, so I am really hoping this story continues on in more shorts or a full length novel.
ARC in exchange for a review.
Eloise
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
[I was sent this book to review]

Well, being angry at an.author because of the way they write their books is something I can relate too. Envisioning murder because of it? Now that's some messed up mindset that I'll admit is preeetty interesting.
I kinda saw the end coming which made it a little less impactful than it was probably meant to be.

PS: grammatical tip: use "their" in stead of "his or her", maybe that way readers won't want to act like Grazine ;)
Elizabeth Sagan
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this short story in exchange for an honest review.
This was fun and short and enjoyable. And to some extent even relatable haha.
While the dialogue felt... scripted, not entirely natural, I think that was the idea. It added craziness to the already crazy main character, a lovely lady who can't get over the fact that people might forget a comma in their writings.
All in all a fun and short read.
Paula Terrado
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
No words...

I seriously do not know how to review this book... and i also don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing.

I mean, this is fiction, right? Well, I DAMN HOPE IT IS
~
I just cannot stress enough how much i’m hoping Grammar Nazi’s do not end up doing this

Would i recommend this? Might not.

** Got an ebook copy in exchange for an honest review. **
Damini
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi is unlike any other story I have ever read and there wasn't scope of any hesitation to accept the review request once I read the synopsis of the story line. This is the story of a mystery woman who kills writers who make grammatical mistakes in their books. Not only that, she has unique ways of killing each of her victims and the ways resemble the kind of mistake that particular author in their book. With 17 killings already under her name within 6 months,
Jessica
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5/5 ✨

*This book was sent to me for my honest review*

This books was such a quick read (and not because it is a sort story) it was just so interesting. I really want more, and think the author could someone so fun with this. I loved the fireside chat where you had interviews with the criminal population it was written super well and I had fun reading the chat like I was a part of it. I also liked the killer she had a sense of humor though dark I found they way she explained her killings to be so f
Amy
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
🔸author sent me a free ebook copy in exchange for an honest review🔸
Didn't expect for it to be short, 40 pages and the title says it all. As a reader i find it hard to ignore mistakes but I'm not anal about it because I make similar mistakes, horrible actually in my reviews.
Well this serial killer doesn't ignore any of it so she starts killing her victims because of it.
So I personally enjoyed this short book, there were few times where I laughed. Just a different kind of read, a quick and fun o
Mohini Jugran
Original Rating: 3 and a half..
I received a free copy in exchange of an honest review. I am, in no way, related to Ryan Suvval.

It a very short psychological thriller suspense novel in which the antagonist is the main character. There have been several murders in the country in different gruesome ways. But there's one thing in common in all the victims. They are all writers. Then one day the killer joins an online forum discussing why she killed them. The reason is because the writers have done
Swapna Peri ( Books Review Cafe )
Book Title: Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer: A psychological thriller with a female
protagonist
Author: Ryan Suvaal
Format: Ebook

Book Title:
The title of the book is very gripping and exciting. The phrase ' Grammar Nazi ' is very unique.

Book Cover:
The cover image of the book is the image of a very fierceful and dreadful woman wearing a mask and is covered with blood all over with a bloody knife in hand.

Plot:
The story is short but is written with great intentions. It's about a reade
Ramisa (sentrancedbookworm) Chowdhury
Got this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Fireside chat with a Grammar Nazi serial killer is a short novel of around 38 pages (PDF). It begins with a gruesome murder of an author who is killed for making grammatical mistakes in her book. The story then proceeds to a Fireside chat in the dark web where the killer comes on as a special guest and does an interview.

The writing had me feel a whirlwind of emotions: I was snorting with laughter when I realised that the killer wa
zainab
I was sent an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer is about a serial killer who murders author because of bad grammar and typos. Why she does that or when and how she started is what the book is about.
It's fairly short. About 25 pages long mostly in the interview format; an episode of Fireside Chat show - an illegal show on the dark net where the host interviews all kinds of criminals. I found the concept both creepy and fascinating.
Joanna
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
*I have received an ARC in return for an honest review.*

Disclaimer: The novella contains swearing and explicit scenes. Not for the faint-hearted.

A short but very well-written book. This book is really true to the category of a psychological thriller and I might not be able to sleep tonight.

Luckily, I do not meet the requirements to be her next target. In fact, I was a little terrified to write a review since my grammar is terrible.

What intrigued me the most about this book was that the serial k
Carolina GO
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
3'5

This is my first english review, so if I got some mistakes please forgive me! I am still learning english writing. So, IF I MADE A FEW OR A LOT OF MISTAKES, PLEASE, TELL ME.

I want to thank Sam Morrison for contacted me and asked me if I wanted to read this book.
I actually enjoyed it!!

I've never read a book like this before. It was something new for me.

The story it's about a killer who killed authors only, because in their books they made a mistakes, and she can't forgive them. So she kill
Božana
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
"I see a book full of grammatical blunders as a box full of roaches. As I read this book, I feel those roaches crawling under my skin and in my blood, all traveling to my brain."
How sensitive are you when you encounter grammatical and punctuational mistakes while reading a new book? Well, the main character in this book is highly sensitive to grammatical errors. She has just had enough... And she decided to punish the authors for their mistakes in a very gory, gruesome and deadly way. She killed
Katherine
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer is a psychological thriller that follows a deranged murderer who kills authors. The title of the book holds a very important hint to what this book is really about. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and it was a page turner. Imagine someone hell bent on killing you just because you made grammatical errors and did not bother to rectify the mistakes. To be fairly honest there is a lot more to the story and we get to know more about the killer's ...more
Jessika Louise
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
lee_readsbooks
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Fireside Chat With A Grammar Nazi Serial Killer is a fun read for anyone who gets really peeved over misused grammar in proof read and published books.
This short story has mixed a serial killer, a grammar Nazi, and the darker side of the web to create a disturbing yet amusing tale, all parts actually already reality if broken down separately.
There are many serial killers out there it's just a matter of finding what sets them off.
With the advances to the darker side of the web chat rooms are are
Shannon
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Mary
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I am going to keep this short because this story is only 23 pages long. So as you may expect this story is a conversion with a Serial Killer that has gained the name Grammar Nazi Serial Killer. I listen to a number of podcasts and found that this story felt just like one. I was stopped in the middle of reading this and when I came back I picked up my phone to continue it only to realize that it was a book I was reading and not a podcast. I have today that has never happened to before an ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Time Crawlers
  • Demons of Time: Race to the 7th Sunset (Time Travelers #1)
  • The Code of Manavas (Maha Vishnu Trilogy #1)
  • Death of Dreams
  • Bestseller
  • Men and Dreams in the Dhauladhar
  • In Love with Simran
  • Tied Hearts: Lust, Love, Longing, and Rajveer
  • Environmentally Friendly
  • Daredreamers: A Start-up of Superheroes
  • Kaalkoot: The Lost Himalayan Secret
  • I am a home to butterflies
  • A Flight of Broken Wings (The Aeriel Chronicles, #1)
  • Done With Her...
  • Tarikshir: The Awakening
  • Aangan / آنگن
  • I am Always Here With You
  • مات ہونے تک (Maat Hone Tak)
Ryan Suvaal is passionate about writing page-turner psychological thrillers. His favorite hangout is a coffee shop where he guzzles in tonnes of caffeine and weaves characters pumped up with deadly intentions and worlds full of thrill, suspense, and gore.
"Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer" is one of the first in a series of Psychological thrillers which he has penned down during past