Start by marking “A Timely Revolution” as Want to Read:
A Timely Revolution

A Timely Revolution

Waking up in the year 1765, next to a mysterious black horse, Maggie Bishop has no idea what cosmic force shook her up and spit her back out 253 years in the past, and she certainly has no clue on how to get back to her life in 2018. What she does know is that she needs to find a way to survive in the not-so-modern and very dangerous world that she has been unexpectedly th ...more
Published December 9th 2018 by Tempie W. Wade

To ask other readers questions about A Timely Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Timely Revolution

Start your review of A Timely Revolution
Pamela
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoyed Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series, then readers will enjoy this novel (first in a series), A Timely Revolution, which like Outlander, has a heroine from the future who magically ends up in the past, during the time a historical war happens. Real historical figures mesh with fictional, plus romance. Ms. Wade handles historical facts and figures well, adding her spin in this book. I cannot wait for the second novel in the series and what happens to Maggie next.

Read the rest of the
Jen Thurman
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Being from Williamsburg, I appreciate that the author spent a great deal of time researching the area and the people of 18th century Williamsburg. It's entertaining, the characters are well-written, and it's not at all predictable or hokey.
Maggie, the main character, realizes quickly that she has to fit in to her new surroundings if she's going to survive, and does so brilliantly. This is one of my biggest issues with the main character of another popular time-travel series. I
Kelly Henry
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love history and you love romance and mystery, then this is for you! Being set in Virginia with all of Virginia's history is a huge plus, and the time travel aspect added to it makes it a winner. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this first book in the series. The author managed to make the characters feel like people I really knew; I'm vested in them now and want to see what's next in their lives. I can't wait to get the next two books to see what happens next.
Walt
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. The characters are well thought out. The weaving of historical fact, fiction, and fantasy meshed seeminglessly well together. I laughed with the characters, felt sympathy for the characters, as though I were right there with them as part of the story. It draws you right in. I cannot wait to read the second book in this series. Highly recommend if you are a history buff with a flare for fantasy and even a bit of the supernatural.
Beth Wilkinson
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love love this series! Set in my favorite place, Williamsburg VA, it’s an amazing mix of history and supernatural fantasy! Great characters and fun subplots!
Allison
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: time-travel
This feels to me like a combination of Outlander and the TV show Turn. Fans of either show will probably enjoy this. A lively and romantic time travel story in the subgenre of a modern person traveling back in time and getting involved in famous events and meeting legendary historic names.
Volpot
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Not bad. A fairly typical "woman mysteriously sent back in time" novel that avoided the descent into bodice-ripping that most such books do. The historical setting, characterization, and story-line were interesting enough that I'll likely read the next in the series.
Cathy
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Fun time-travel historical fiction.
Corey Demsky
Jan 21, 2020
Ramona Fannin
Sep 03, 2020
April
rated it did not like it
Sep 21, 2019
Nov 17, 2019
Lisa Wood
Jan 18, 2019
Tempie Wade
Dec 16, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Brian

• Swearing Off Stars
  • Seven Years Dead
  • Sarah Mayfield
  • Unadulterated Something
  • Between Time and the Stars (Leaving Traces)
  • A Killer's Wife (Desert Plains, #1)
  • One More Night
  • In the Black
  • The Spider's War (The Dagger and the Coin, #5)
  • A Warning
  • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
  • Christmas at the Lakeside Resort (Lakeside Resort #1)
  • HADRON Resurgent (HADRON, #5)
  • Commune: Book Four (Commune #4)
  • Commune: Book Two (Commune #2)
  • HADRON Emergent (HADRON, #8)
  • HADRON Chaos (HADRON, #6)
Tempie W. Wade is the award-winning author of The Timely Revolution Book Series. She is a lifelong
resident of Virginia but currently resides in Williamsburg and has a great love of history and travel. The author's writing style incorporates fantasy with historically accurate events.

The Timely Revolution Book Series is a continuous work of historical fantasy/fiction, that includes actual people and

News & Interviews