Start by marking “Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha, #2)” as Want to Read:
Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha, #2)

Realm of Ash

(The Books of Ambha #2)

The fate of an empire rests in the hands of a young woman with magical blood and nothing left to lose, and an outcast prince determined to save his family at any cost, in this "dark, melodious, and memorable" new fantasy (Library Journal, starred review) from the author of the award-winning Empire of Sand.

The Ambhan Empire is crumbling. A terrible war of succession hovers
Published November 12th 2019 by Orbit

To ask other readers questions about Realm of Ash, please sign up.
Jill This books takes place about 10 years after EOS. There are mentions of them, but no direct contact. I was a MASSIVE fan of Mehr and cry when her…moreThis books takes place about 10 years after EOS. There are mentions of them, but no direct contact. I was a MASSIVE fan of Mehr and cry when her sister speaks of her. I read this wanting to see more of Mehr and soaked my book with tears!!! That being said, if you love Mehr you HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK!(less)
Laura The events that occurred in EOS directly impact the narrative of ROA, and it follows Arwa as an adult (in EOS she was a child). It is best to read the…moreThe events that occurred in EOS directly impact the narrative of ROA, and it follows Arwa as an adult (in EOS she was a child). It is best to read the books in order.(less)

Start your review of Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha, #2)
Charlotte
Read for my 2018 women of speculative fiction challenge.
"The lamp of truth reveals the world. But when we lift the lamp we see-knowledge that cannot be unknown or undone."

Ready to get all teary over a deeply heartfelt romance? I KNOW I AM. This is Realm of Ash, the sequel to Tasha Suri's 2018 fantasy Empire of Sand. Spoilers follow!

So What's It About? (from Goodreads)

The Ambhan Empire is crumbling. A terrible war of succession hovers on the horizon. The only hope for peace lies in the mysterious
Hiu Gregg
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Theres something about Tasha Suris books that is just wonderful. Both in the sense that they are wonderfully written, and in the sense that they evoke a sense of wonder.

Theres magic in the pages, dangerous but alluring. A sense of flow that keeps you reading long past the time you should have stopped. A world that is striking and enchanting and dangerous. Characters that march through the front door of your heart and tell you to make room, because theyll be staying a while.

Realm is Ash is
Sophie
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so happy to have discovered a new favorite author. The writing is beautiful, her women are well written, and I love both the love interests and how the romance is done. I was looking forward to reading this one because I was curious about Arwa after the first book and I wanted to see how events from the first book impacted this one. Interestingly enough, not as much as I would have thought. Still, I loved looking at a very different type of story and character from the first one, with more ...more
Justine
Originally posted to I Should Read That

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This review is spoiler-free for this book and for Empire of Sand.

Empire of Sand is one of those books that has left a lasting impact on me as a reader it is a beautiful book with gorgeous magic, a lush world, and one of the best slow burn romances Ive ever read. So naturally I was absolutely thrilled to hear that the next book, Realm of Ash was coming out this year. I had
michelle (magical reads)
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, arcs, 2019

read on my blog + see some hand-lettered quotes

**I received an ARC from the publisher (thank you, Orbit Books!). These are my honest opinions, and in no way was I compensated for this review.**

If I were a man, I would give my grief a purpose, and to the sword. I would fight for the sake of my Empire. But I am only a widow, and I have nothing to offer beyond my blood.

I only read Empire of Sand earlier this summer, so the wait shouldnt have been as excruciating as other peoples, but it
jocelyn
not quite what i was expecting, but still just as heart-achingly beautiful as the first.
Runalong
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best fantasy novels Ive read this year. Powerful, intelligent and wonder emotional character development - one everyone should read

Full review - https://www.runalongtheshelves.net/bl...
aarya
Is two books too soon to declare Tasha Suri one of my favorite authors?

RTC.

Disclaimer: I received a free e-ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Bethany
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5-3.75 stars

Realm of Ash is a companion novel to Empire of Sand, which is one of my favorite books read this year. (Seriously, I'm obsessed!) While I didn't love it in the same way, Realm of Ash is still a solid follow up with beautiful writing, great world-building, and thought-provoking thematic content. Set 10+ years after the events of Empire, this book follows the story of Mehr's younger sister, Arwa.

Mehr and Arwa are both mixed with Amrithi blood, but while Mehr looks
Andi
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah! What a glorious treat to find an author who writes such gorgeous stories featuring women who shine like a thousand diamonds from the broken husks they once were.

I absolutely was thrilled that we would see what became of Mehr's sister, Arwa. Not only that, see how she grew up under the care of her nasty step-mother.

The first 40% of the book was getting to know Arwa. She had grown up burying the heritage that her birth-mother was and pretending to be a noble girl. Unfortunately, after her
Liv (ReadbyLiv)
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think Ive found a new favorite author. Rtc ...more
Dianthaa
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was so beautiful, must more beautiful than I can put into words, especially after accidentally deleting my notes for it. It's very rich and magical.

It took me about half a book to get over it not being with Mehr, but I eventually let it go and enjoyed the book. I really loved the protagonist from book 1, and was very upset for a long time, maybe 1/3 of the book, that we follow her sister, years after the events of that book.

There's deep mystery throughout the book, in figuring out court
Shealea
Im not even going to try to compare Empire of Sand and Realm of Ash because I love them equally for different reasons. Anyway, much like Arwa, my researcher heart HUNGERS for pretty boy scholars who are soft and curious and kind.

From the brilliant exploration of themes to the empowerment I felt in Arwas character growth to the delicious burn of her romance with Zahir, Realm of Ash slaps and IT SLAPS HARD. Full review to follow.

5 stars
Kate
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TASHA SURI HAS DONE IT AGAIN.

Find more from me:
Blog || Instagram || Twitter || YouTube
Kristen
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
This was a fantastic listen. ❤ ...more
shri (sunandchai)
Full review on my blog!

First off, I would like to thank the publisher, Orbit Books, for sending me this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

When I looked up after finishing this long anticipated read, my head was full of a heaviness and my ears were ringing; Id been lying on my bed for four hours straight, reading like a woman possessed, and I hadnt realized it until after I read the last words, put down my iPad, and released a heavy breath towards my ceiling.

Flaying the contagious
Sabs
May 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: high-fantasy, excited
if you read the ebook copy of empire of sand, you might have been lucky enough (like me!) to preview the first three chapters!! I've been aching for realm of ash literally as soon as I finished empire of sand and I'm so, so glad tasha suri gave us those chapters to obsess over for another year! (I'm also intrigued as to what series of events lead up to arwa being at court, despite being sent to live with the widows in the beginning of realm of ash.)

I look forward to see how arwa navigates the
c, (½ of readsrainbow)
THEY WERE A MYSTICAL ORDER OF TWO

Rep: Mughal India inspired characters and setting
Kathy
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I think Jocelyn is correct - you can read this book before the first book if you so choose (although I am now reading the first book). Wonderful magic system (tw for blood magic), and beautiful writing.
☾ h a d e e r ☽
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
Masterful and heartbreaking and subversive and hopeful and achingly beautiful.
keikii Eats Books
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To read more reviews like this, check out my blog keikii eats books!

98 points, 5 stars!

Quote:
Lonely, Jihan had called him. But Arwa could only look at him and think of his vulnerable neck, his wrists, the moonlight on him and think, Starving, he is starving.

Review:
Wow. Enchanting. Beautiful. I already know this review will feel inadequate compared to the elegance that is the book itself. The way the story flows and draws you in just was so well done. I managed to feel like I was the main
Kevin Potter
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a ride!
Never in my life did I think I'd be so emotionally wrecked over a book! Especially one in which I spent a good chunk not being overly fond of the main character.

Honestly, if you invest in just one fantasy series this year it should be this one.

If you love fantasy romance, this is absolutely the book for you.

If you love complex, character driven fantasy that delves deep into magic, history, and culture but aren't fond of "romance books" (like me) then this is also the book for you!

Jordan
Tasha Suri has not disappointed in any way with her sophomore release! This was simply beautiful. Suri has such an elegant way of crafting her characters and their interactions and conveying the values and traditions that are most important to them.

Find this review at Forever Lost in Literature!

Last year I had the pleasure of reading Tasha Suri's debut Empire of Sand and I fell so deeply in love with her writing and her characters. There's something special about the way Suri crafts her world
Stephanie
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhhhh this book - !!!

Last year, Tasha Suri's first book, Empire of Sand, absolutely blew me away. It was my favorite romantic fantasy novel in a very long time, and I couldn't wait to read this second book (set in the same world but with a different heroine, ten years later). But I still wasn't prepared for Realm of Ash.

OMG did I love the heroine, Arwa - and I found her perspective SO emotionally intense and so powerful that I had to stretch my reading experience out, savoring it one
Liz Barnsley
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I absolutely adored Empire Of Sand the first in this series, I was so so pleased to return to the story Realm of Ash is beautifully imagined, just like its predecessor, and I adored every minute of it.

Inspired by Mughal India, Tasha Suri built a richly layered world in her debut, one filled with magically engaging characters and telling an emotive, immersive tale, one of politically motivated prejudice, seeped in history and genuinely compelling. With Realm of Ash we find things on the brink of
Karina
Rating: 4 Stars:★★★★ (Maybe 4.5? Still deciding on a rating)
Realm Of Ash is the follow-up to Empire Of Sand one of my favorite SFF debuts of last year! Returning to the Ambhan Empire again felt so unreal to me because it'd felt like the wait for this book took such a long time--but now I've finished it and I'm sad I read it SO quickly b/c I'm not sure how long I can wait for future books in this series! 😭

Set 10 years after EoS, we follow Arwa (Mehr's younger sister) who's now in her 20's and
Alicia (A Kernel of Nonsense)
Tasha Suri returns to her luscious fantasy world of the Ambha Empire with Realm of Ash, the companion novel to her debut Empire of Sand. This newest installation focuses on Mehrs younger sister Arwa. Having recently been widowed, Arwa as taken refuge in a sanctuary for widows of nobility. But no matter how hard she tries, she cannot escape the memories of how her husband and everyone at his fort perished, leaving her the only survivor. Around her the Ambhan Empire is collapsing, a consequence of ...more
sigaloenta
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this one a lot, although perhaps not quite as much as Empire of Sand-- largely because the love interest was less compelling and the cast of secondary characters more limited. But overall Tasha Suri continues to be brilliant in her portrayal of Empire and its histories and difficulty of thinking oneself out of them.

I think Suri is one of the few fantasy writers who has a sense of scale. This book takes place more than a decade and a half after the cataclysmic events of the previous
Janine Ballard
I really liked this, maybe even more than Empire of Sand. Ill post a longer review eventually. ...more
Lulai
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So great. The world building and magic system is so deep and fun to discover. I love Arwa she is sucha complex character. Sadly I am note a huge fan of the roman but this book is solid
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
  • Steel Crow Saga
  • City of Stone and Silence (The Wells of Sorcery, #2)
  • The Empress of Salt and Fortune
  • A Conjuring of Assassins (Chimera #2)
  • The Throne of the Five Winds (Hostage of Empire, #1)
  • The Shadow Saint (The Black Iron Legacy, #2)
  • The Wolf of Oren-Yaro (Chronicles of the Bitch Queen, #1)
  • Queen of the Conquered (Islands of Blood and Storm, #1)
  • The Name of All Things (A Chorus of Dragons, #2)
  • Moontangled (The Harwood Spellbook, #2.5)
  • The Butterfly Girl (Naomi Cottle, #2)
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #2)
  • Jade War (The Green Bone Saga, #2)
  • The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy, #2)
  • Five Midnights
  • Proper English
  • Christmas Secrets at Villa Limoncello (Tuscan Dreams #3)
Tasha Suri was born in the U.K., but toured India during childhood holidays. She is now a librarian in London, and studied English and creative writing at Warwick University.

The Books of Ambha (2 books)
  • Empire of Sand (The Books of Ambha, #1)