Start by marking “Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha, #2)” as Want to Read:
Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha, #2)

Realm of Ash

(The Books of Ambha #2)

The fate of an empire rests in the hands of a young woman with magical blood and nothing left to lose, and an outcast prince determined to save his family at any cost, in this "dark, melodious, and memorable" new fantasy (Library Journal, starred review) from the author of the award-winning Empire of Sand.

The Ambhan Empire is crumbling. A terrible war of succession hovers
Published November 12th 2019 by Orbit

To ask other readers questions about Realm of Ash, please sign up.
Diana In Waterstones site the pre order is for November 14th
Laura The events that occurred in EOS directly impact the narrative of ROA, and it follows Arwa as an adult (in EOS she was a child). It is best to read the…moreThe events that occurred in EOS directly impact the narrative of ROA, and it follows Arwa as an adult (in EOS she was a child). It is best to read the books in order.(less)

Start your review of Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha, #2)
Justine
Originally posted to I Should Read That

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This review is spoiler-free for this book and for Empire of Sand.

Empire of Sand is one of those books that has left a lasting impact on me as a reader — it is a beautiful book with gorgeous magic, a lush world, and one of the best slow burn romances I’ve ever read. So naturally I was absolutely thrilled to hear that the next book, Realm of Ash was coming out this year. I had
Hiu Gregg
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s something about Tasha Suri’s books that is just… wonderful. Both in the sense that they are wonderfully written, and in the sense that they evoke a sense of wonder.

There’s magic in the pages, dangerous but alluring. A sense of flow that keeps you reading long past the time you should have stopped. A world that is striking and enchanting and dangerous. Characters that march through the front door of your heart and tell you to make room, because they’ll be staying a while.

Realm is Ash is
michelle (magical reads)
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, reviews, arcs

read on my blog + see some hand-lettered quotes

**I received an ARC from the publisher (thank you, Orbit Books!). These are my honest opinions, and in no way was I compensated for this review.**

If I were a man, I would give my grief a purpose, and to the sword. I would fight for the sake of my Empire. But I am only a widow, and I have nothing to offer beyond my blood.

I only read Empire of Sand earlier this summer, so the wait shouldn’t have been as excruciating as other people’s, but
Jocelyn
not quite what i was expecting, but still just as heart-achingly beautiful as the first.
Runalong
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best fantasy novels I’ve read this year. Powerful, intelligent and wonder emotional character development - one everyone should read

Full review - https://www.runalongtheshelves.net/bl...
Kate
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TASHA SURI HAS DONE IT AGAIN
aarya
Is two books too soon to declare Tasha Suri one of my favorite authors?

RTC.

Disclaimer: I received a free e-ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Sabs
May 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: excited, high-fantasy
if you read the ebook copy of empire of sand, you might have been lucky enough (like me!) to preview the first three chapters!! I've been aching for realm of ash literally as soon as I finished empire of sand and I'm so, so glad tasha suri gave us those chapters to obsess over for another year! (I'm also intrigued as to what series of events lead up to arwa being at court, despite being sent to live with the widows in the beginning of realm of ash.)

I look forward to see how arwa navigates the
shri (sunandchai)
Full review on my blog!

First off, I would like to thank the publisher, Orbit Books, for sending me this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

When I looked up after finishing this long anticipated read, my head was full of a heaviness and my ears were ringing; I’d been lying on my bed for four hours straight, reading like a woman possessed, and I hadn’t realized it until after I read the last words, put down my iPad, and released a heavy breath towards my ceiling.

Flaying the contagious
c,
THEY WERE A MYSTICAL ORDER OF TWO

Rep: Mughal India inspired characters and setting
Jordan
Tasha Suri has not disappointed in any way with her sophomore release! This was simply beautiful. Suri has such an elegant way of crafting her characters and their interactions and conveying the values and traditions that are most important to them.

Find this review at Forever Lost in Literature!

Last year I had the pleasure of reading Tasha Suri's debut Empire of Sand and I fell so deeply in love with her writing and her characters. There's something special about the way Suri crafts her world
keikii Eats Books
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To read more reviews like this, check out my blog keikii eats books!

98 points, 5 stars!

Quote:
Lonely, Jihan had called him. But Arwa could only look at him and think of his vulnerable neck, his wrists, the moonlight on him and think, Starving, he is starving.

Review:
Wow. Enchanting. Beautiful. I already know this review will feel inadequate compared to the elegance that is the book itself. The way the story flows and draws you in just was so well done. I managed to feel like I was the main
Stephanie
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhhhh this book - !!!

Last year, Tasha Suri's first book, Empire of Sand, absolutely blew me away. It was my favorite romantic fantasy novel in a very long time, and I couldn't wait to read this second book (set in the same world but with a different heroine, ten years later). But I still wasn't prepared for Realm of Ash.

OMG did I love the heroine, Arwa - and I found her perspective SO emotionally intense and so powerful that I had to stretch my reading experience out, savoring it one
Shealea
I’m not even going to try to compare Empire of Sand and Realm of Ash because I love them equally for different reasons. Anyway, much like Arwa, my researcher heart HUNGERS for pretty boy scholars who are soft and curious and kind.

From the brilliant exploration of themes to the empowerment I felt in Arwa’s character growth to the delicious burn of her romance with Zahir, Realm of Ash slaps and IT SLAPS HARD. Full review to follow.

5 stars
ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω
OMG NOVEMBER?! How am I supposed to ensure the wait?! I need this NOW! ...more
Karina
Rating: 4 Stars: (Maybe 4.5? Still deciding on a rating)
Realm Of Ash is the follow-up to Empire Of Sand one of my favorite SFF debuts of last year! Returning to the Ambhan Empire again felt so unreal to me because it'd felt like the wait for this book took such a long time--but now I've finished it and I'm sad I read it SO quickly b/c I'm not sure how long I can wait for future books in this series!

Set 10 years after EoS, we follow Arwa (Mehr's younger sister) who's now in her 20's and is a
David Harris
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm grateful to the publisher for a free advance copy of Realm of Ash to consider for review.

Realm of Ash follows on from Empire of Sand, published last year although - and I found this rather welcome - it doesn't just take forward the story of Mehr, who was central to the earlier book. Instead it follows the life of Mehr's sister Arwa, skipping forward a number of years.

While Mehr chose to follow her Amrithi ancestry in defiance of the ruling Empire of Ambha, a desire that led her into the
USOM
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

Tasha Suri's words are always magic. The books just demand to be read and they enchant you with every page. In Empire of Sand there were true romance goals and legitimate fuel for wedding vows. In Realm of Ash we have a touching story about the ashes of our empire and the sacrifices we make to rule. Realm of Ash is gorgeous. Suri creates an atmospheric world that enfolds you in
Hui
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tasha Suri’s done it again! Realm of Ash was beautifully written and it was a joy ride to be pulled back into the world of Ambha again. This time, it took on an even more ethereal quality with the realm of ash, which was literally sweeping me away with its haunting imagery. Arwa, Zahir and even Esheera were all wonderful to journey with in this quest to save the empire. I really liked the themes of identity, roots, and sacrifice in the book, especially about what it means to sacrifice for a ...more
Moon
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I missed Ambha, and Tasha's words. This is a stunning book that will keep your feelings and imagination going. As much as I could've read another book entirely about Mehr's journey after the end of Empire of Sand, this time we join Arwa in her journey. And wow, this was a stunning book about grief, about self acceptance, about being formed into a tool and what you do with that, about the Empire breaking apart after the events of Empire of Sand.
You do not need to have read Empire of Sand
Susan
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Realm of Ash by Tasha Suri picks up years after Empire of Sand with Meher’s sister Arwa, set in the same world. While there are pieces that readers of Empire of Sand will recognize in Realm of Ash, it is not a sequel, just set in the same world. Those that have not read Empire of Sand will not have any issue following or lapping up every moment of Realm of Ash.

Full Review Novellives.Com
Josie
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the first one more, but still a wonderful series.
Lois Young
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Fans waited for a year. I read it in a week! I'm sorry and I'm not sorry. It was all worth it!

Review forthcoming.
Lulai
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So great. The world building and magic system is so deep and fun to discover. I love Arwa she is sucha complex character. Sadly I am note a huge fan of the roman but this book is solid
Jacky
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm giving this book five stars because I already know that it's going to be amazing. The first book was literally perfect so Book 2 can't be anything but.
Kat
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Ambhan Empire has been plagued by a curse, which seems to have become worse since the death of the Maha. Now that the Emperor lies near death, it becomes gravely apparent to young widow Arwa, who hides the true lineage of her blood and the curse it carries, and bastard prince Zahir they must find the answers from their ancestors in the treacherous realm of ash.

This is the second book in the Books of Ambha series. I did not know that going in, but I don’t feel like I necessarily needed to
Ronnie Turner
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Arwa is the sole survivor of the Darez fort massacre, her strange blood granting her protection from the darkness. Hundreds of people perished, including her husband and now the mere name of the place is cloaked in fear. Wanting to escape, Arwa journeys to a faraway hermitage, a place of safety and quiet for widows to live out their lives.

Living at the hermitage offers Arwa no peace. She is bombarded by feelings of guilt, fear and anger. She was raised by a cold mother and quiet father, taught
Joy
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the type of fantasy I love finding. The first book as well as this second is a delight to read fulfilling my love of lyrical prose and insightful observation as well as original world building. It's also good to find fantasy that's not based on war and battles.

In the first book you're introduced to the younger sister of Mehr who is the main protagonist. This older sister is wed to the Empire's good luck god, Maha and then brings about his downfall. Since this false god's death the evils
Katie Griffiths
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant. I loved Empire of Sand and gave that 5 stars but if possible I think this was even better.

Arwa's journey was so powerful and fierce and heart-wrenching. The whole book is imbued with her grief and her rage at the roles she's been forced to play and the way that her society has discarded her despite her endless efforts to squash herself into the shape that's been determined for her. She's been taught to hate herself and to change herself to be acceptable, worthy, loveable
Melissa
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You could knock me over with a sigh after reading this. Wow! Tasha Suri has a way with words. And emotions. And images made of words. I just.. coherent words are going to be tough here. The descriptions of daiva breaking into a flock of birds, of eyes clouded by ash, of the ghosts of memory. This book was beautiful. Everything about it - the message of finding yourself, of rising above and looking beyond what is expected of you to see the parts of yourself you've locked deep inside, of freedom ...more

• The Bone Ships (The Tide Child, #1)
  • A House of Rage and Sorrow (The Celestial Trilogy, #2)
  • Steel Crow Saga
  • The Pursuit of William Abbey
  • The Name of All Things (A Chorus of Dragons, #2)
  • The Future of Another Timeline
  • A Spark of White Fire (The Celestial Trilogy, #1)
  • Song of the Crimson Flower
  • Crownbreaker (Spellslinger, #6)
  • Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • Queen of the Conquered
  • Angel Mage
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • The Tenth Girl
  • The Secret Chapter (The Invisible Library #6)
  • The Ascent to Godhood (Tensorate, #4)
  • The Sky Weaver (Iskari, #3)
  • Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion, #2)
Tasha Suri was born in the U.K., but toured India during childhood holidays. She is now a librarian in London, and studied English and creative writing at Warwick University.

The Books of Ambha (2 books)
  • Empire of Sand (The Books of Ambha, #1)