Start by marking “Dedicated (Rhythm of Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dedicated (Rhythm of Love, #1)

Dedicated

(Rhythm of Love #1)

“Our greatest hit is a love song I wrote for my bandmate. And he has no idea.”

Messy-haired, soulful-eyed, off-kilter lyricist Les Graves holds tight to the hedonist’s credo of consumption in every avenue of life. He has trouble staying still, trouble staying sober, trouble turning down a good time—but put a pen in his hand, and he’ll set a page on fire.

Music was Evan

Published December 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Dedicated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dedicated

Start your review of Dedicated (Rhythm of Love, #1)
Shin Mon Thway
First of all, can we all agree how beautiful that cover is? I’m usually not drawn to edgy musicians but these two cover models and the cover is just stunning! I also admit that I first picked up this book because it’s narrated by Greg Tremblay and I know that he does his sexier stuffs under the name Greg: Boudreaux. And if you know me, you already know that I like my books sexy. And the blurb sounds really interesting so I was really pumped about this audio and I wasn’t disappointed.

It’s
Jan
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, ku
**** 3 Stars ****

I enjoyed the first half of the story a lot. It started engaging, great chemistry and super hot.

However, when that twist with Elle happened, (view spoiler) I felt that the story lost its appeal. The drama took an OTT proportion, and it resulted in the story becoming tedious and it dragged a bit.

I'll be reading the second book for sure!
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
*A Bust For Me*

This book could've been good. The problem for me, was the emotions. I felt nothing, except, perhaps, in the end. I felt no connection between the two bandmates Les Graves (26), the wild one and Evan ‘Ev’ Porter, the level-headed one. And especially not from Evan. So that took the 'fun' out of the book for me. I need a connection. Four years ago Porter & Graves released their first album, and has released two more after that. However, the third one, bombed, and the band is
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

A bit too much back and forth for my tastes. And the MCs were never really "together" until the end of the book.

I didn't dislike it though.
Lyn
Audio – 5+++ stars!
Story – 3.25 stars

I started this book just knowing it was going to be a huge win only to be disappointed that it wasn’t. Strangely enough I felt the chemistry between the Evan and Les, but for the life of me, I didn’t feel the emotional connection between them until the last two chapters of the book. I found myself wishing for more steamy scenes. I wouldn’t say the author was stingy with them, but considering the length of the book, a few more would have been appreciated.
Waleska 'Wally'
S.E.N.S.A.T.I.O.N.A.L
UPDATE : Audio and Kindle version

I was hooked, line and sinker within the first few pages of Dedicated by Neve Wilder.

You're , mine music ; I'm , your lyrics description

I stopped all adulting , sat down with a pot of tea, and listen/read the entire book in one sitting.

Evan Porter description

Angsty, layered, candid, emotionally charged comes to mind when describing Dedicated . As well as, humorous , character driven and playful.

Les Graves description

A slow burn romance with so much sexual tension ,
Trio
After hearing so many wonderful things about Neve Wilder’s stories I couldn’t wait to listen to this one narrated by the awesome Greg Boudreaux. The first book in her Rhythm of Love series, Dedicated definitely lives up to the hype.

Ms. Wilder gets deep into these characters and I enjoyed seeing them interact through the drama that comes their way. The sparks between Les and Evan are obvious from the outset, and continued to grow as they face their blooming physical attraction. Without spoiling
Princess under cover
This was a very good book. I was unsure when I read some critical reviews and one talked about how they didn't feel the connection between the characters. I would have to disagree.

There was SO much connection between the characters! The back and forth between Les and Evan is fabulous, full of tension, real emotions, real struggles, real love.

I just finished another book by this author which featured 90% explicit sex - that was something else. Thanks so much Starr, for the recommendation - you
Nazanin
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: dnf
Dnf at 50%. I'm not feeling it. And this book is too long for me to finish it when I'm not into it.
JenMcJ
This book was well written and edited but wow, did it feel overly long. I had a hard time with this romance because I never felt that Evan was really passionate about Les. It felt so much more partner/friend/brotherly and when the sex scenes started they just weren't convincing. Even the flashback to the threesome seemed more uncomfortable and reluctant than sexy and lust driven. The most convincing they got was when Evan absently played with Les' hair at a drum circle/bonfire. I thought I could ...more
Rachel Emily
I always love band/musician books, (been a while since I read a good one, really) and this one is quite the ride!

Les and Evan are bandmates, Les writes the lyrics and Evan writes the music, and they have had a great career over the last few years, at least until their most recent album. At the same time, emotions and feelings are changing and causing conflict between their friendship. Les's go-to is sex, drugs, and alcohol, and it makes for tense situations when Evan is trying to keep their
Paola
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
This was a very romantic and sexy read, the main characters are two men that work together making music, Les is a writer and has a secret crush for the lead singer Evan, he's reckless and always does what he wants without thinking...
The lead singer Ev on the other hand is very reserved and rational, so when he is forced to fake a romance with Les things get interesting...
If you are looking for a great romance, then this is for you
Santy
Evan annoyed me sooo much with his back and forth , on and off attitude.

Les needed to leave his ass somewhere behind but he was also dealing with his myriad of issues

Sigh
Stellaria
After reading Want Me I was determined to read another of Neve Wilder's books because it made a lot of impression to me. So, I decided to give Dedicated a go.

And it was great! This book was intense, emotional and yes, angsty. A total win for me!

The story of Les and Evan was well written, even though the start was a little rocky for me due to the constant jumping from present to past and vice versa. But this is a minor complaint which didn't affect my feelings towards the book. Les and Evan had
Bev
Although well-written [which I'm finding is the norm for a Neve Wilder story, yay ], I found the constant yes/no angsty yoyoing between the two MC's quite exhausting. To be honest, it was more like an enemies to lovers read even though you could see that Les cared a lot more for Evan than it being a two way thing. Les, with all of his shortcomings [heads up for drug and alcohol abuse], was certainly the more honest character I felt...even though he didn't really know how to deal with his ...more
Emily Seelye
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, musicians, m-m
Things are a little awkward and tense between band mates Evan and Les after a threesome 6 months ago. They’re hoping time together writing the next album will help fix their friendship.

Throw in a some less flattering news articles, a PR stunt that goes sideways, and exposed secrets. Will their partnership, let alone personal relationship, survive?

This book had me hooked from the start. Les was a bit of a mess, he let the fame and $ get to his head, and has made some bad choices, despite being
Sheryl Beesley
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!!

The storytelling was fantastic... and I loved the structure of the story... the little snippets of interviews over the years to see how close and how much fun these 2 guys were having making music to the flashbacks to the "event" that caused the tension between the two in present day...

all leading up to the explosive last 1/3 of the book...

I highly recommend this story... and can't wait for more from this new to me author..
K.R. Phoenix
Heat Level: 4, Oh My!

Super hot rocker romance, with angst, wit, humour and soul! A great start to a new series!!

So much angst and a lot of ‘will they or won’t they’ but its a hell of a ride!! I loved the premise of this book and Neve delivers! Bisexual Les is a rocker on the rock n roll high, or so you think. Les harbours a serious crush on his fellow bandmate and best friend, Evan. I could feel Les’s struggles and avoidance strategies so help him cope. I felt his emotions, thoughts,
.Lili.

Neve Wilder is a new to me author. Riley Hart posted on her social media how much she loved Dedicated, and I figured why not try it.

And I freaken loved it!

-Slow burn

-UST, delicious push/pull.

-Fake boyfriend trope

-Rock star romance

-Addiction, but the book never felt too heavy or depressive.

-Opposites attract

-The smexy times are haawt!

I found this book to be unputdownable. Dedicated exceeded my expectations, and I can't wait
Annika
Audiobook review

Friends-to-lovers, a fake relationship and hot musicians secretly in love with each other. This book has it all. Add in a threesome scandal and the picture is (almost) complete. On top of that (pun not intended) you have the marvellous Greg Boudreaux narrating and it’s pure magic. Before I knew it I’d listened to the whole book and that dreaded voice saying “Audible hope you’ve enjoyed this program” echoed in my ears. I mean is there something that’s more annoying – or intrusive
Erica Chilson
I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

4 Angsty Stars.

Neve Wilder is a new-to-me author, after reading Dedicated, I'm curious to read novels from the author's backlist, as well as future releases.

Dedicated is a mix of celebrity, rockstar yumminess, mixed with the slow-burn of friends-to-lovers romance, all wrapped up in a double unrequited romance featuring a fake relationship that shows them how much they truly mean to one another.

Evan and Les make amazing music together
Amy Aislin
The heart of this story really lies in Evan and Les' relationship. I love how their friendship is depicted, and I honestly thought the interview snippets that preceded every chapter were gold, and showed us exactly who Les and Evan are individually, as well as together.

For this reason alone, I would've started the book at the 23% mark, which is when the whole fake relationship trope alluded to in the blurb comes into play. I understand why the first 20% was included: it gives us a glimpse into
Quin Quin
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A-m-a-z-i-n-g.

I’m a fan.
Tina

Wow! Haven't expected such an intense story.
Loved Les and Evan and would love to read more about those two. Hopefully they turn up again in the following storys!

Highly recommended!
Rita
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars, maybe 5. I can’t decide so probably 5.

What. A. Ride.

I should start by saying for anyone who might appreciate a warning, there is substance abuse in the book and addiction is addressed. As someone who’s experienced these things, I thought it was relatable, accurate and handled very well.

Ok, so I started on page one, excited by the banter between Evan and Les, thinking, “oh this is gonna be good.” Several chapters later I’ve been brought up to speed on all of their hang ups and I’m
Georgia Callaghan
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Loved! I want more!!
Kelsie
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: like-not-love

I enjoyed this story and the connection between the two MCs. What’s really holding back my rating was that things just felt so drug out. It took a while to really get started and also, the jumping back and forth between timelines isn’t my favorite thing. I don’t mind some history, but I’d rather just get it all upfront. That’s totally a personal quirk though as I know many aren’t bothered by it.

That being said, Les and Evan were incredibly sweet and sexy together. I believed in their
Heather
I wasn't crazy about the fact that this book was weighted to give almost all the power to one of the main characters in both the career choices and the relationship. I found myself getting annoyed about it quite often and that's why I knocked off a couple of stars. When something pulls me out of the story into annoyance, that is the opposite point of reading a book for pleasure. It was still worth reading, but I'm always honest about my opinion on Goodreads.
Amy B.
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Rocket Science
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • Starting from Zero (Starting From #1)
  • Starting from Scratch (Starting From, #2)
  • Long Way Home
  • Terrible Things (Star Shadow #1)
  • Halo (Fallen Angel, #1)
  • If We Could Go Back (Camassia Cove, #6)
  • The Fire (Love in O'Leary #4)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • Henri (Confessions, #5)
  • Viper (Fallen Angel #2)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Whiskey Throttle (Fever Falls, #3)
Neve Wilder lives in the southern U.S., where the summers are hot and the winters are...sometimes cold. She is a mom to three rambunctious weebeasts who have joined forces in a mission to carpet the family home with toys and small items that really suck to step on at six in the morning.

She reads promiscuously, across multiple genres, but her favorite stories always contain an element of romance.

Rhythm of Love (4 books)
  • Light Touch (Rhythm of Love, #0.5)
  • Bend (Rhythm of Love, #1.5)
  • Resonance (Rhythm of Love #2)
“What few relationships I'd had led me to figure out there wasn't anything wrong with my libido; it just had a more restrictive admissions policy than what seemed like the other ninety-eight percent of the population” 0 likes