Start by marking “Spies in St. Petersburg (Taylor and Rose Secret Agents, #2)” as Want to Read:
Spies in St. Petersburg (Taylor and Rose Secret Agents, #2)

Spies in St. Petersburg

(Taylor & Rose: Secret Agents #2)

With Sophie still missing in action after their explosive mission in Paris, Lil decides to take matters into her own hands. On a new mission for the Secret Service Bureau, can Lil find Sophie in misty, mysterious St. Petersburg? Can they uncover the identity of their true enemy and can they trust anyone—even the Bureau? It's time for Sophie and Lil to put their spy skills ...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 2nd 2019 by Egmont

To ask other readers questions about Spies in St. Petersburg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spies in St. Petersburg

Start your review of Spies in St. Petersburg (Taylor and Rose Secret Agents, #2)
Robin Stevens
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Completely charming and delightful, this is a fast-paced romp across Europe starring globetrotting detectives Lil and Sophie. (8+)

*Please note: this review is meant as a recommendation only. If you use it in any marketing material, online or anywhere on a published book without asking permission from me first, I will ask you to remove that use immediately. Thank you!*
Nikki
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omg how could this end there???? Stressed now, I need book 3 pronto.

I massively enjoyed Spies, it feels more like the fun of the first series than Peril did. And we got more (a little) of Lil and Sophie together. Plus I love that it’s spiralling back round to the Fraternis. I thought this was well plotted and fast paced. And I adored what you can see about the start of both WW1 and the Russian Revolution. Very cleverly woven together.

While it feels like the fun of the Sinclairs series, it also
Maia
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'I mean, Sophie and I are pretty good at some things. You know, for innocent, defenceless young ladies. I mean, flying across Europe in aeroplanes, and tailing wanted men, and getting hold of top-secret notebooks, for one thing'

***MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD***

Katherine Woodfine, how dare you leave me on that cliffhanger?!

I loved this book so much - I need the third book right now. Unfortunately, it doesn't exist yet.
I thought Peril in Paris was good, but I'll be damned if Spies in St Petersburg w
Callista  Campbell
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The next book in the Taylor and Rose series! A mix of British spies, Russian circus goers and a plot to stir up some chaos there that goes astray. This one lays quite heavily on Russian politics back then, reflecting on 1911 Russia. It was as thrilling as Peril in Paris, and left on a massive cliffhanger, I can't wait for the next book!
Mollie Fredrickson
Dreamy.
Just another brilliant instalment in the series of adventures of Sophie and Lil.
It was so beautifully written and the story was so enjoyable. I really felt like I was soaking up the magic of St Petersburg and feeling the danger of the mission/s. Probably my favourite so far!
Claire Huston
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good installment in this series.

Clearly an impressive amount of research has gone into the creation of St Petersburg in the early 20th century and there is a decent cliffhanger.
Izzy Smith
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Incredible! I loved the detail of the book and the way it grabbed you. Once I started I couldn't put it down. It's wonderful. I want to read the next one so bad! 😁 5 stars.
Vonprice
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free e-copy of this book from #NetGalley to review.

I thoroughly enjoyed this pacy MG spy mystery - see my full review here: http://vsviewfromthebookshelves.home....

Alisha Tarran
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's nothing like kicking off a book with Lil doing a bit of light thieving, am I right!? Honestly I loved getting Ruperts POV at the start as you wondered who the girl was (or in my case screeched LIL excitedly over and over) before diving in to Lils POV. She gives us a quick refresher on what happened last book, before filling us in on what she's been up to since.

Lil's investigating the dragon paintings which we know allegedly lead to some kind of weapon. But she swiftly finds out that Sop
Sapphire Violet
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
THE CLIFFHANGER
OH, DEAR GOD THE CLIFFHANGER
(On another note, I think the nest book will definitely be called Liars in London. What about you?)

This is what I loved about the book:
EVERYTHING
No, just kidding, but that would have been a great note to end on.
-The separate POVs made me a bit confused in the last book, but Spies in St Petersburg picked all that tediousness up and chucked it headfirst out of the nearest window. I was immersed in every single one (as opposed to last time, where I found m
Amy (Golden Books Girl)
I`ve been reading Sophie and Lil`s adventures since they were very first published in 2015, and they really do keep getting better each and every time I read one. This instalment sees the intrepid detectives on a mission for the Secret Service Bureau in St. Petersburg, and between their individual missions, mounting political tension in the city and the Fraternitas Draconum arc that runs throughout the whole series, the stakes have never been higher. As with all the other books I`ve read about t ...more
Arti
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Sian
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Thoroughly enjoyed it, but now I’m desperate to know what happens next! This time, Sophie and Lil’s escapades converge in St. Petersburg as the chase for the notebook hots up, but with double-agents of both the British, Russians and the Fraternitas, who can Sophie and Lil really trust? This book combined great descriptions of the beauty of St. Petersburg, the classic entertainment of the time in the Circus of Marvels and factually accurate events of the occurrences in pre-WW1 Europe in a way tha ...more
Robyn
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I love Sophie, Lil, and the whole gang, but this entry was not as strong as some. | There was so much here that was obvious, which has not generally been the case with Woodfine's work, and so it was extra disappointing. I also put the book down for weeks when Carruthers was assigned to the mission, because I'm so bored with the trope of learning to appreciate the annoying guy who was so disrespectful to you, when you're forced to work closely with him. But the last quarter of the book picked up ...more
Daphne
I think I enjoyed this one slightly more than the last one, I'm very curious to see where this series goes! I'm glad there was a bit more interaction between Lil and Sophie in this, as i missed that a bit in the previous book. It was also nice to see more old friends from the Sinclair's Mysteries series pop up.

I was very intrigued by the story, and as always with these books, really enjoyed the setting. I definitely want to continue in this series when the new book comes out.

That cliffhanger th
Lisa
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's always a joy to travel along with Sophie, Lil and the gang and this time we're in Imperial Russia for an exciting, espionage adventure. Building on the events of the first book in the Taylor & Rose series, we find out more about about characters from that story and also learn a little more about the dangerous and mysterious Fraternitas Draconum.
It's a pacy adventure that will leave you wanting more, can't wait to find out where book 3 will take us.

** Recieved a free Digital copy of this boo
Beth Younge
This sequel picked straight up from Peril in Paris and it did not stop! Woodfine is such a great writer and she makes the characters seem 3d so easily. I really love following Lil and Sophie and enjoy that their adventures are badass but they still have an element of sweetness and tenderness about them. I need the next book in the series ASAP because of that ending!

I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Amelie.S0
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my favourite book I have read!! I loved everything about it, the characters, the plot and the setting! the only thing i need now is for the original characters to have more time such as billy, jack, leo and the rest of the gang! AND THE CLIFFHANGER AHH
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school-stories
Ends on a big cliff hanger which I didn’t like but otherwise another entertaining edition to the series.
Kate
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars
Sara Coleman
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great fun! Loved it...and the cliff hanger of an ending.
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, read-2020
I love my lady detectives so much, and the second book in the second series did not disappoint at all! Can't wait for the next book, primarily because it ended in a very nasty cliffhanger!
Nobi Nobes
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! Can’t wait for the next one to come out!
Temmie
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i think it really good
Briony2181
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another 4.5 stars, I am really enjoying this series:)
Maisie
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Definitely more like the Sinclair Mysteries that I hold so dear, much more than Peril in Paris.

I got so tense at the end and to be honest, I’m still tense! What?! How can it end there? You definitely get caught up with all the action of the story, which is always so fun. Mrs. Woodfine has woven another intricate tapestry of a story and it’s fantastic.
Kirsty
I enjoyed it but possibly should have read back to back with the previous one in the series
Tim
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
'I mean, Sophie and I are pretty good at some things. You know, for innocent, defenceless young ladies,' said Lil with a wink.

Aaah, Katherine Woodfine. She did it again.
I've always been rather partial about Russia, its culture, its history… Especially St Petersburg! So when I first find out that the second Taylor and Rose Secret Agents book was set in that city, I almost jumped through the roof, probably.

And it's worth it. There are some beautiful, dreamy descriptions of the city - though I
Aimee
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-releases
Katherine Woodfine isn't just one of the best mystery, adventure writers out there but also the best historical writer! They way she describes everything, every little detail, allows you to fall into the world of 1910s St Petersburg!
Kathryn Kay
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!

• Death Sets Sail (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries #9)
  • Top Marks for Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #8)
  • Murder at the Museum (Agatha Oddly, #2)
  • The Secret Key (Agatha Oddly, #1)
  • The Case of the Drowned Pearl: A Murder Most Unladylike Mini-Mystery: World Book Day 2020
  • Death in the Spotlight (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #7)
  • The Guggenheim Mystery (London Eye Mystery, #2)
  • Cream Buns and Crime: A Murder Most Unladylike Collection, #0.5, 3.5, 4.5 (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #0.5, 3.5, 4.5)
  • The Silver Serpent (Agatha Oddly, Book 3)
  • Moonlocket (The Cogheart Adventures, #2)
  • A Girl Called Justice (Justice Jones, #1)
  • Jolly Foul Play (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #4)
  • The Last Secret (Scarlet and Ivy, #6)
  • Murder Most Unladylike (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #1)
  • First Class Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #3)
  • A Spoonful of Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #6)
  • The London Eye Mystery (London Eye Mystery, #1)
  • The Curse in the Candlelight (Scarlet and Ivy, #5)
Katherine Woodfine is the author of the bestselling SINCLAIR'S MYSTERIES series, beginning with THE CLOCKWORK SPARROW which was shortlisted for the Waterstones Children’s Book Prize, longlisted for the Branford Boase Award, and nominated for the CILIP Carnegie Medal.

Until 2015 she worked for reading charity Book Trust on projects including the Children’s Laureate and YALC. She now combines writin

Taylor & Rose: Secret Agents (4 books)
  • Peril in Paris (Taylor & Rose: Secret Agents, #1)
  • Secrets on the Shore (Taylor and Rose mini adventure)
  • Villains in Venice (Taylor and Rose Secret Agents 3)