Start by marking “King Me” as Want to Read:
King Me

King Me

Delaney Mills is haunted by darkness. Not of a spiritual kind, but a terrible past that all the rum in the world cannot chase away. Enter Valentine King, a sexy and irresistible man with connections to the world of Voodoo—a world that Delaney is desperately trying to break into.

Chicago-native Delaney follows her dissertation research all the way to the streets of New Orle
Published January 29th 2019 by Season Vining

To ask other readers questions about King Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King Me

Start your review of King Me
Book-Bosomed  blog
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Troubled by tragedy, Delaney Mills, 32, sets her sights on New Orleans to refocus and complete her doctorate degree in sociology. There she meets and is assisted in her research by local Valentine King, 26.

I liked King right off the bat. He’s smooth in a cute, not cocky, way and laid back. I wanted a hug too. ;-)
“‘I’m not trying to claim what belongs to me. I’m simply declaring my desire to belong to you.’”

Whatever missteps Delaney made (and she made a few), I was always on King’s sid
Eve (Between The Bookends)
descriptionI was expecting to like this one more than I did. I LOVED the setting and the Voodoo angle. However, the heroine was extremely unlikable, and basically an alcoholic, and Valentine (which is a god awful name for a hero) was a boring cardboard cutout of a character. I also found it annoying that seemingly every man, woman, and child that ran across the heroine fawned all over her. I guess if you like TSTL lushes she was quite a catch...

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Season Vining
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Brooke
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
There are a few reasons why I gave this book two stars. The first reason was because I felt like the writing was a but juvenile. The main character is in her thirty's and the writing was maybe that of a teenager/early college student. Another thing I was not partial too was the whole voodoo aaspect. The second reason was that I found myself bored a lot while reading this and at 30% in I felt like nothing was happening - the romance or the mystery. I want connecting with Delaney like a reader sho ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This author is new to me and I will definitely be reading more from her! The writing kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time with all of the suspense. Delaney is a hot mess and is beyond determined to get her life back on track and finally finish her thesis on Voodoo. So she goes to New Orleans and immediately immerses herself in the culture and nightlife. Valentine King is recommended to her as a guide by her friend. King and Delaney have an almost instant connection but neither
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I have to say that Season knocked it out the park with this one! She blew my mind with this story and I have to tell you I love reading about voodoo and hexes and New Orleans and its rich history. So I LOVED LOVED this story like crazy and I recommend it ONE THOUSAND percent!

In this story we get to meet Delaney who is doing research for her dissertation for college and Valentine who is helping her with her research into voodoo because he is a voodoo master. As they are doing their research
Adrienne Mills
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mystery and intrigue down in New Orleans. This book had me on the edge of my seat and I couldn't get enough. Getting into the history and sometimes, scarier side of the Big Easy and the voodoo scene, Season takes you on a journey with King and Delaney and it is a dangerous ride. Now, the epilogue might have some getting a little ruffled, but keep the story, as a whole, in mind. Awesome work!
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Season Vining is an author I’ve been familiar with for quite a while, but never had the opportunity to read. I’d always heard good things about her and her novels, so when I was offered a chance to read an ARC of King Me, I said yes without hesitation.

As a stand alone novel, it turns out the King Me is a great place to dive into Season’s catalog. The story centers on Delaney Mills, a graduate student desperate to escape her tragic past in Chicago. She relocates to New Orleans, throwing herself i
Natasha Carrere
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Wow! What a ride! Season Vining pulls you into this story from the beginning and takes you on a story that is wild and crazy. I loved everything about it!

Delaney Mills is definitely my kinda girl! There wasn’t a thing I didn’t like about her at all. And seriously I feel in love with Valentine King! He has to be the best book boyfriend ever!
Thumbelara
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
[SPOILER-FREE BOOK REVIEW] Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I LOVED King. He was sweet, strong and swoon-worthy. I HATED Delaney. Okay, that's not true, but at least half the time while reading this book I was thinking ''Damn, girl. You crazy!''. And I love it when an author can actually make me annoyed with a fictional character. It takes some skill to bring characters to life on paper and I think Season Vining did a pretty great job with Delaney Mills and Valentine King.

I like that Delaney is a headstrong and inde
Brenda
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I’m not trying to claim what belongs to me, I’m simply declaring my desire to belong to you.”

King Me is set in New Orleans based around the Voodoo religion/ culture.  It's  jam packed with mystery, suspense, death  and amazing characters, with an equally amazing arc, and don't even get me started on the character development! Not to mention a swoon worthy man.

King Me will keep you on the edge of your seat, and leave you wanting more. Add this to your TBRs, and you'll definitely want to preorde
Tami Thomason
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Secrets, mystery, voodoo, murder,tragedy, and a love story all in one book. What more could you want? You want King and Delaney! Delaney is broken and filled with guilt and in King she finds healing and love. King's slow, calm, and sexy voice will draw you in and make you fall for him. While you root for their love to win, there is a sinister plot being revealed that will leave your heart pounding. You do not want to miss this one!
❤❤

"I'm not trying to claim what belongs to me, I'm simply declari
Rachel Granger
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
King Me immerses you in the culture of what seems like a whole other world in the city of New Orleans. Filled with folklore that could very well be true, mystery, suspense, and a hot man, you'll stay up reading way later than you planned because you just can't get enough.

"Everyday my connection to Valentine King grows. What started out as curiosity and physical desire has bloomed into something more- something I can't seem to define. Whatever it is, I know I want to grab hold of it, of him, and
Katie
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was immediately drawn into this book and felt like I was there in New Orleans with Delaney Mills and Valentine King. In the beginning, you can't help to wonder what secret Delaney has hidden and what secrets that Voodoo has hidden. Season Vining takes you on an adventure that you won't want to end. Do yourself a favor and enjoy this "must read". You won't be disappointed!
CK
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put this book down! The characters of Delaney and valentine are intricate and woven into the storyline. The storyline will leave you wanting more and will give you a massive book hangover! Excellent job!!!
The Word Nerd Reviews Blog
description

King Me is another enthralling tale by the talented Season Vining. This author has the enviable ability to weave a world that captures your interest and doesn't let go until long after the tale is finished. The characters of King Me are well thought out and developed, even the supporting cast are not one-dimensional stereotypes, instead, they have a presence all their own and are individuals in their own right.

Our two main characters, Delaney Mills (Laney) and Valentine King (King) are sympathet
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Darkness and mystery about in this thriller set in New Orleans (and man, has this also made me want to go back and visit NOLA).

When Delaney travels to New Orleans to research Voodoo, never did she ever believe in a) voodoo and b) that her asking around would put a target on her back.

From the minute Valentine King meets Delaney, he is hooked.

Mystery, intrigue, suspense. King Me was one of those stories that kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time I was read
Mary Mooney
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Living in Mississippi and so close to New Orleans, you always hear about Voodoo and things that might have happened because of it. But do you really believe it's true? Well this story will make you think about it more and have you wondering just how true it might be.
Delaney Mills goes to New Orleans to finish her dissertation research and she finds so much more. With Valentine King as her guide and as it turns out he is also connected to the world of Voodoo. But when she stumbles upon a covert g
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, loved
Season Vining is a new author to me, and I absolutely loved this book and her writing style. At about half way I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what was going to happen next.

Delaney Mills heads to New Orleans because of a tragedy and dealing with some of her daemons she also wants to get some hands-on experience for her dissertation, but it doesn’t take long before it turns into a mystery that she wants to uncover. She’s stubborn and very determined, I loved that about her. While she
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

This is a thriller set in New Orleans and it revolves around Voodoo. The author has done a superb job of describing the New Orleans’ vibe. Our heroine, Delaney has been through a very rough time and is working on her PHD. Since she has always loved New Orleans, she has been researching the Voodoo religion. At 27 years old, she sets out from Chicago, with the help of a college friend to live the life as a native. Her friend sets her up with Valentine King, an expert on the Voodoo cu
Amanda
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book from Season Vining, and it certainly won't be my last! It was so unique. And it was quite refreshing to get something new. It's full of suspense and intrigue and romance and angst and it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Delaney is a mess, but she's determined to put her life back together and finish her thesis. She finds herself in New Orleans and immediately immerses herself in the nightlife and culture, but she's not always smart about it.

Enter King, a frie
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have gone into mourning since football season has ended, so life has seemed slow. Then I pick up King Me, and OMG! Heart rate goes crazy like I'm watching my favorite football team! I love me some serious suspense, with a dash of romance thrown in, but there is so much more to this story. First of all, there's not much that scares me, but voodoo does, because that's something in the supernatural that I believe exists. And this story seriously had a very realistic feel to it, so I'm glad that I ...more
Chrissyvs
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will say this AMAZING book starts off with a bang!! It draws you in & does NOT let go till the very end!! The story takes place in New Orleans.....add in some voodoo....(because face these two go together like peanut butter & jelly!! LOL) Season Vining has everything in this book that you could dare ask for from a great mystery....underline GREAT!!! And you will meet your new book-boyfriend Valentine!! All will say is SWOON!! LOL
I NEVER expected this story to be so jam packed to the rim, with
Taylor Mortsolf
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
There are a few reasons why I gave this book 3 stars, I liked the voodoo aspect because this topic also interests me, what I didn't enjoy was the fact that the author kept you in the dark about what Delaney did to make her run away, once it was finally revealed what she did, it was sad and I can see how it could affect someone to run away from their family. The second reason was I thought there would be more romance and King was very protective but also standoffish at the beginning of the novel. ...more
Alycia  Price
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
“You are always beautiful to me,” he says with his chin resting on my shoulder. “But when you fall apart like that, you are everything all at once. The light, the dark, the regret and the pain, the love you have inside- all of that is so evident the moment you give yourself over to me. It’s magic and the most beautiful think I’ve ever seen.”

I came across “King Me” in a goodreads group that I’m in and the summary intrigued me. Delaney goes to New Orleans to write a thesis paper on Voodoo. A frie
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Season Vining pulls you into this story from the beginning and takes you on a story that is wild and crazy. This story is a thriller set in New Orleans and it revolves around Voodoo. It was so unique and refreshing to read something new. It is full of suspense and intrigue and romance and angst and it kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end. The author really did a superb job of describing the New Orleans’ vibe.

The characters are elaborate and real, but also fantastical and deep. This
Marilyn Goncalves
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Season Vining brilliantly blends this tale of mystery/suspense to keep you guessing.
This contemporary romance thriller is set in New Orleans with Delaney who is working on her dissertation papers on the voodoo religion. Her guide is the sexy laid back Valentine King who has first hand knowledge on this subject.
I enjoyed this quick read and I think the voodoo angle was genius. The characters were well developed and the storyline comes together effortlessly, it's loaded with intrigue, mystery, sus
Ashley Scales
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have an absolute love for New Orleans! When I first read the blurb for King Me and saw it took place in Nola AND voodoo I was over the moon. I knew my heart and part of my soul would fall in love with this story. From the first chapter I was hooked. Without trying to hard, Season made it easy for this African American girl to become Delaney Mills. I was now able to see myself as the main character with easy and I don’t thing that is something every author can do.

The chemistry between Delaney
Lattes_n_literature
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You had me at yello!

King Me by Season Vining was so fantastic and is a must read. This is my first read by this author but certainly won’t be my last.

I honestly wasn’t sure where this story was going to take me but after reading the synopsis I knew I was in and let me tell you, it did not disappoint.

This book grabbed my attention from the start and held on until the very end. It was full of mystery, secrets, a smidge of voodoo, and of course, romance. It had great storytelling with unforgettab
Tiffany
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was like getting to go back to NOLA all over again. It has such amazing detail about the city and culture and the look into Voodoo was awesome. I think I loved the setting almost as much as I did the book and its characters.
Delaney uses the town and it's penchant for excess to escape her past while trying to pick up the pieces of her life and meets Valetine along the way. They connect almost instantly and are drawn even closer when Delaney's research into the Voodoo religion brings a
New Adult Book Club: #9/19 ~ King Me by Season Vining 19 40 Mar 16, 2019 09:46AM

• Gentleman Sinner
  • Lock
  • Handle With Care (Shacking Up, #5)
  • His Demand (Dirtier Duet #1)
  • Twisted Love (Shattered Love, #3)
  • The Last Wingman (Wingmen, #6)
  • Million Dollar Devil (Million Dollar, #1)
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • Diary of a Bad Boy
  • The Roommate Agreement
  • Four Witches and a Funeral (Wicked Society, #3)
  • I Promise You (Dare #2)
  • If You Dare (Dare #3)
  • Nikolai (Dangerous Love, #1)
  • Under the Northern Lights
  • The Reinvention of Jinx Howell (Pine Bluff, #5)
  • The Unlucky Ones
SEASON VINING is an author, a designer, a philanthropist, a bookworm, a cook, inked, and a night owl. She loves John Hughes films, tattooed boys, and celebrating anniversaries of her 29th birthday. She lives in Louisiana, and is the mom to the cutest girl in the world.

Season is a graphic designer by trade and adores all form of art. She's a fan of live music, vintage cars, and people who know the