Start by marking “King Me” as Want to Read:
King Me

King Me

Delaney Mills is haunted by darkness. Not of a spiritual kind, but a terrible past that all the rum in the world cannot chase away. Enter Valentine King, a sexy and irresistible man with connections to the world of Voodoo—a world that Delaney is desperately trying to break into.

Chicago-native Delaney follows her dissertation research all the way to the streets of New Orle
Expected publication: January 29th 2019 by Season Vining

To ask other readers questions about King Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King Me

Book-Bosomed  blog
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Troubled by tragedy, Delaney Mills, 32, sets her sights on New Orleans to refocus and complete her doctorate degree in sociology. There she meets and is assisted in her research by local Valentine King, 26.

I liked King right off the bat. He’s smooth in a cute, not cocky, way and laid back. I wanted a hug too. ;-)
“‘I’m not trying to claim what belongs to me. I’m simply declaring my desire to belong to you.’”

Whatever missteps Delaney made (and she made a few), I was always on King’s side
Adrienne Mills
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mystery and intrigue down in New Orleans. This book had me on the edge of my seat and I couldn't get enough. Getting into the history and sometimes, scarier side of the Big Easy and the voodoo scene, Season takes you on a journey with King and Delaney and it is a dangerous ride. Now, the epilogue might have some getting a little ruffled, but keep the story, as a whole, in mind. Awesome work!
Season Vining
Dec 23, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Pre-order:
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2LrVQyr
B&N: https://bit.ly/2LmDfDT
Kobo: https://bit.ly/2PGYYqB
iTunes: https://apple.co/2R9irF0

Want an ARC of King Me?
Make sure you have @gmail.com added to your approved sender list on Amazon.
Mention you saw this on Goodreads and send your kindle email address to Seasonsgirlspa@gmail.com.

Story Behind the Story:
King Me is a standalone novel set in the city of New Orleans. During research for the book, I was told to "stop digging" into the Voodoo community.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

This is a thriller set in New Orleans and it revolves around Voodoo. The author has done a superb job of describing the New Orleans’ vibe. Our heroine, Delaney has been through a very rough time and is working on her PHD. Since she has always loved New Orleans, she has been researching the Voodoo religion. At 27 years old, she sets out from Chicago, with the help of a college friend to live the life as a native. Her friend sets her up with Valentine King, an expert on the Voodoo cu
Brenda
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I’m not trying to claim what belongs to me, I’m simply declaring my desire to belong to you.”

King Me is set in New Orleans based around the Voodoo religion/ culture.  It's  jam packed with mystery, suspense, death  and amazing characters, with an equally amazing arc, and don't even get me started on the character development! Not to mention a swoon worthy man.

King Me will keep you on the edge of your seat, and leave you wanting more. Add this to your TBRs, and you'll definitely want to preorde
Tami Thomason
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Secrets, mystery, voodoo, murder,tragedy, and a love story all in one book. What more could you want? You want King and Delaney! Delaney is broken and filled with guilt and in King she finds healing and love. King's slow, calm, and sexy voice will draw you in and make you fall for him. While you root for their love to win, there is a sinister plot being revealed that will leave your heart pounding. You do not want to miss this one!
❤❤

"I'm not trying to claim what belongs to me, I'm simply declari
Rachel Granger
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
King Me immerses you in the culture of what seems like a whole other world in the city of New Orleans. Filled with folklore that could very well be true, mystery, suspense, and a hot man, you'll stay up reading way later than you planned because you just can't get enough.

"Everyday my connection to Valentine King grows. What started out as curiosity and physical desire has bloomed into something more- something I can't seem to define. Whatever it is, I know I want to grab hold of it, of him, and
Katie
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was immediately drawn into this book and felt like I was there in New Orleans with Delaney Mills and Valentine King. In the beginning, you can't help to wonder what secret Delaney has hidden and what secrets that Voodoo has hidden. Season Vining takes you on an adventure that you won't want to end. Do yourself a favor and enjoy this "must read". You won't be disappointed!
CK
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put this book down! The characters of Delaney and valentine are intricate and woven into the storyline. The storyline will leave you wanting more and will give you a massive book hangover! Excellent job!!!
Lynzylee
Dec 30, 2018
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Darkness and mystery about in this thriller set in New Orleans (and man, has this also made me want to go back and visit NOLA).

When Delaney travels to New Orleans to research Voodoo, never did she ever believe in a) voodoo and b) that her asking around would put a target on her back.

From the minute Valentine King meets Delaney, he is hooked.

Mystery, intrigue, suspense. King Me was one of those stories that kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time I was read
Jacky Barry
Sue C.
SD
Mary
Dec 21, 2018
SEASON VINING is an author, a designer, a philanthropist, a bookworm, a cook, inked, and a night owl. She loves John Hughes films, tattooed boys, and celebrating anniversaries of her 29th birthday. She lives in Louisiana, and is the mom to the cutest girl in the world.

Season is a graphic designer by trade and adores all form of art. She's a fan of live music, vintage cars, and people who know the