Start by marking “The Hundred-Page Machine Learning Book” as Want to Read:
The Hundred-Page Machine Learning Book

The Hundred-Page Machine Learning Book

WARNING! To avoid buying counterfeit on Amazon, click on "See All Buying Options" and choose "Amazon.com" and not a third-party seller.

Concise and to the point — the book can be read during a week. During that week, you will learn almost everything modern machine learning has to offer. The author and other practitioners have spent years learning these concepts.

Companion wi
Paperback, 1, 159 pages
Published January 13th 2019 by Andriy Burkov

Start your review of The Hundred-Page Machine Learning Book
Quinn Jackson
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Burkov's book deserves to be on every machine learning professional and enthusiast's desk. His economy of exposition, his inclusion of the necessary mathematical underpinnings, and his succinct and pragmatic tone overall are much appreciated.

I have already had the opportunity since receiving and reading the book to have it in hand in my own professional work, both as a refresher and as a quick sanity check. My own work in ML is at the level of the algorithms and the underlying maths themselves,
Lensvol
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I have to describe that book, that would be with the following scene:

Imagine you are in a bar with a good friend, who earns his living doing something that you are interested in. At some point during the evening, after discussing this and that, you ask him to give you a general idea about things in his area of expertise. You know, nothing really specific, just some pointers. And, because that person is a really great friend, they sigh and sketch a comprehensive introduction to the subject _on
Antonis Maronikolakis
The idea behind the book is great, and execution is admirable. Unfortunately, I have to admit that in all honesty, I believe this book is over-hyped. It serves as a great introduction to most Machine Learning concepts, but it reads more than a listing page than a proper introduction. The book, even though it covers a lot of concepts, doesn't do enough to entice/lead you to research the topics more. In a lot of places it feels rushed and condensed to a point where no real information is given to ...more
Mohammed
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wish I had this book when I started learning Machine Learning. I knew few things but learned many more. It takes two days to complete and becomes a reference book to me now.

I really like those practical tips the author Andriy has provided along with the high quality demonstration of almost all popular Machine Learning algorithm.
Ashok Krishna
If you are an absolute beginner or someone just interested in knowing what all the fuss about data science is, then this book isn't for you. That is, unless you have a good grasp of statistical concepts and have the penchant for looking at all those scientific/statistical notations. Good in parts for a beginner to understand the core concepts. Too complex and dry at times. 3 stars! ...more
Ibrahim Sharaf ElDen
Jun 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-tech
The simplest and most concise ML book that I've ever read (so far, haha)! I really love the tech-blogposts writing and explanation style that Burkov has adopted for this book, while the usual ML book is very academic and math-focused by nature, on the other side of the spectrum, this book focuses more on intuition, provides details but not too deep to overwhelm the reader, math is simple and used whenever it's necessary only.

However, I'm not saying this should be your textbook for teaching yours
Michael Lumpkins
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely great book to dabble in everything machine learning related. An excellent resource for exposure to the field for those with technical backgrounds in math, science, computer science, or engineering, but not much experience with machine learning algorithms while also a solid reference book for guidance for those who aren't the most up to date in the field.

Andriy was also kind enough to include a free edition of his book on his site, but I highly suggest purchasing it if you believe you
Linh Lan
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book became my single resource to turn to. With the QR codes, it allowed me to investigate the topics further. Very easy to read and understand, The Hundred-Page ML Book is concise and covered most of the topic in machine learning that we need to know about.
Yosif
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very good and comprehensive book. The first 70% were real fun, then it got slightly harder (at least for me). As a whole - definitely looks like a useful and practical reference for ML.
Data
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book swallows up the heavyweight mathematics textbooks and spits out a slim product no thicker than the width of my smartphone. From page one all the way to page 136, Andriy Burkov, the author, does not waste a single word in distilling the most practical concepts in machine learning. You read that right. It is MORE than 100 pages! Sounds like the book has some bias. Get it?

At a minimum, prospective readers should be comfortable with Calculus, Statistics, Probability, vectors and matrices,
John Mantios
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
concise and well-explained
Vishal Singh
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book, it's like a Machine Learning capsule. I will make sure to go through this book from time to time. ...more
Robert Martin
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
My general philosophy when it comes to learning is that it is much more important to know what you don't know than to think you know something. For that reason, I am often a fan of Very Short Introductions and the like. In my view this is a tough genre for an author – it is incredibly difficult to strike the right balance between breadth and depth. Burkov's book does a great job of it, providing a brilliant executive summary of the entire machine learning landscape (insofar as that is possible). ...more
Joe
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, although I call foul on the “100 page” part :) there are excellent introductions, with follow-on references, for a lot of topics in ML. I will recommend this book to anyone looking for an intro or for brushing up on key areas.
Vojtas
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice introduction to the ML topics, also good as reference book when you later want to revisit interconnected concepts
Light Bringer
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you don’t know what you are doing- read this book!
Tianyao Chen
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tech-books
Fantastic ML book! I don't think there's any other ML book that's as lucid and comprehensive as this one. It's an amazing overview without being shallow. Highly recommended! ...more
Susmit Islam
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not too much in it for beginners, I'd say. The book is short, at about 150 pages long. But it covers a lot of the theory behind the most commonly used machine learning algorithms, and discusses a bit about their implementations as well. It will serve as a good refresher if you've had a decent intro to these topics before at least at a theoretical or practical level.

Topics covered include supervised learning algorithms like linear regression, logistic regression, support vector machines, decision
Michal
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read the book and very liked the author's approach to introducing various concepts and algorithms. He used some math (not always simple math) but at the same time, he concentrated mostly on intuitions and big ideas on which these concepts are based. I had quite a lot econometric background before starting the book but was not familiar with many of the machine-learning methods described. I liked that the author did not overload the book with math (including proofs of many equations, etc.). The ...more
Charlie
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I bumped into The Hundred Page Machine Learning Book (actually being a little more than 100 pages :)) by chances on Linkedin (some of my peers suggested me to take a look). I've been able to "follow" the author journey since he released chapter by chapter via email. Was amazing to see how the project grown and took momentum. The book itself is then very good, from a very technical\scientific PoV I found it to be very precise and well written, but also viable from whom is approaching ML at first ...more
Fabrizio
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great overview of machine learning !

For long time I have struggled to find a machine learning book which could give me an overview of all the most popular techniques and the most recent evolutions.
This is the book.
This book is short enough but not too short.
It’s complete, clear, very well written and it allows people with a little bit of math background to capture the essence of machine learning.
It really gives a great overview of machine learning.
I strongly recommend it if you want to approach
Emanuele Del Fava
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english, work
This book provided a very good introduction to machine learning (ML), favouring intuition to detailed explanation of the different algorithms and functions. Even though the book was designed to be mostly theoretical (the author showed very few examples from Python, which left me with many doubts concerning the implementation of the various techniques, even the most basic ones), it did a good job at introducing readers to the jargon of ML and to the large variety of techniques, providing them wit ...more
Alessandro Piovaccari
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book that can be read in few days! Besides of being well written and provide an overview of machine learning, it also contain detailed explanation of several algorithms down to the details for easy implementation. Highly recommended. After you read it, thanks to the Wiki companion site, it becomes your go-to reference of choice. So keep it on your desk or on your to folder. And don't forget to buy it after you read the PDF! ...more
Andrea
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is an excellent refresher for general machine learning concepts. It's also useful if you are interested in the field and wish to understand more.
If you are looking for a math-heavy book this is not the right one, since its goal is to condense as much as possible in few pages, as the title clearly states.
Ricky
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Superb distillation of many interesting and at times rather complex topics. Incredibly precise and condensed writing style - hard to believe at times that it's the just the work of one person. I can't claim to have fully grasped all concepts on a first reading, but I will happily return to this in due course. Highly recommended. ...more
Shyam
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book deserved the best rating as I have never read something so concise and yet covering all the basics very nicely. A recommended book for a beginner who is getting started in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Girish B
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An awesome place to start the journey. A lot of information squeezed into a tiny book. Comes with a companion wiki as well. You are introduced to a lot of topics in a straightforward way. Loved the journey!
Karthik Beepi
Best 100 page book ever!
Ajit Jaokar
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Covers a lot of depth but still very concise and readable. would very much recommend this book
Tolga Karahan
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best book for introduction to Machine Learning. If you have some basic concepts this book provides very good introduction to the field. Concise but there are many good stuff.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow
  • Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and Tensorflow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems
  • Deep Learning with Python
  • Interpretable Machine Learning
  • The Art of Statistics: How to Learn from Data
  • Introduction to Algorithms

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »