Start by marking “The Hundred-Page Machine Learning Book” as Want to Read:
The Hundred-Page Machine Learning Book

The Hundred-Page Machine Learning Book

WARNING! To avoid buying counterfeit on Amazon, click on "See All Buying Options" and choose "Amazon.com" and not a third-party seller.

Concise and to the point — the book can be read during a week. During that week, you will learn almost everything modern machine learning has to offer. The author and other practitioners have spent years learning these concepts.

Companion wi
Paperback, 1, 159 pages
Published January 13th 2019 by Andriy Burkov

Start your review of The Hundred-Page Machine Learning Book
Quinn Jackson
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Burkov's book deserves to be on every machine learning professional and enthusiast's desk. His economy of exposition, his inclusion of the necessary mathematical underpinnings, and his succinct and pragmatic tone overall are much appreciated.

I have already had the opportunity since receiving and reading the book to have it in hand in my own professional work, both as a refresher and as a quick sanity check. My own work in ML is at the level of the algorithms and the underlying maths themselves,
Mohammed
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wish I had this book when I started learning Machine Learning. I knew few things but learned many more. It takes two days to complete and becomes a reference book to me now.

I really like those practical tips the author Andriy has provided along with the high quality demonstration of almost all popular Machine Learning algorithm.
Michael Lumpkins
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely great book to dabble in everything machine learning related. An excellent resource for exposure to the field for those with technical backgrounds in math, science, computer science, or engineering, but not much experience with machine learning algorithms while also a solid reference book for guidance for those who aren't the most up to date in the field.

Andriy was also kind enough to include a free edition of his book on his site, but I highly suggest purchasing it if you believe you
Linh Lan
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book became my single resource to turn to. With the QR codes, it allowed me to investigate the topics further. Very easy to read and understand, The Hundred-Page ML Book is concise and covered most of the topic in machine learning that we need to know about.
Yosif
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-read
Very good and comprehensive book. The first 70% were real fun, then it got slightly harder (at least for me). As a whole - definitely looks like a useful and practical reference for ML.
Lensvol
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I have to describe that book, that would be with the following scene:

Imagine you are in a bar with a good friend, who earns his living doing something that you are interested in. At some point during the evening, after discussing this and that, you ask him to give you a general idea about things in his area of expertise. You know, nothing really specific, just some pointers. And, because that person is a really great friend, they sigh and sketch a comprehensive introduction to the subject _on
Antonis Maronikolakis
The idea behind the book is great, and execution is admirable. Unfortunately, I have to admit that in all honesty, I believe this book is over-hyped. It serves as a great introduction to most Machine Learning concepts, but it reads more than a listing page than a proper introduction. The book, even though it covers a lot of concepts, doesn't do enough to entice/lead you to research the topics more. In a lot of places it feels rushed and condensed to a point where no real information is given to ...more
Michal
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read the book and very liked the author's approach to introducing various concepts and algorithms. He used some math (not always simple math) but at the same time, he concentrated mostly on intuitions and big ideas on which these concepts are based. I had quite a lot econometric background before starting the book but was not familiar with many of the machine-learning methods described. I liked that the author did not overload the book with math (including proofs of many equations, etc.). The ...more
Charlie
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I bumped into The Hundred Page Machine Learning Book (actually being a little more than 100 pages :)) by chances on Linkedin (some of my peers suggested me to take a look). I've been able to "follow" the author journey since he released chapter by chapter via email. Was amazing to see how the project grown and took momentum. The book itself is then very good, from a very technical\scientific PoV I found it to be very precise and well written, but also viable from whom is approaching ML at first ...more
Fabrizio
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great overview of machine learning !

For long time I have struggled to find a machine learning book which could give me an overview of all the most popular techniques and the most recent evolutions.
This is the book.
This book is short enough but not too short.
It’s complete, clear, very well written and it allows people with a little bit of math background to capture the essence of machine learning.
It really gives a great overview of machine learning.
I strongly recommend it if you want to approach
Alessandro Piovaccari
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book that can be read in few days! Besides of being well written and provide an overview of machine learning, it also contain detailed explanation of several algorithms down to the details for easy implementation. Highly recommended. After you read it, thanks to the Wiki companion site, it becomes your go-to reference of choice. So keep it on your desk or on your to folder. And don't forget to buy it after you read the PDF!
Andrea
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is an excellent refresher for general machine learning concepts. It's also useful if you are interested in the field and wish to understand more.
If you are looking for a math-heavy book this is not the right one, since its goal is to condense as much as possible in few pages, as the title clearly states.
Ricky
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Superb distillation of many interesting and at times rather complex topics. Incredibly precise and condensed writing style - hard to believe at times that it's the just the work of one person. I can't claim to have fully grasped all concepts on a first reading, but I will happily return to this in due course. Highly recommended.
Shyam
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book deserved the best rating as I have never read something so concise and yet covering all the basics very nicely. A recommended book for a beginner who is getting started in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Girish B
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An awesome place to start the journey. A lot of information squeezed into a tiny book. Comes with a companion wiki as well. You are introduced to a lot of topics in a straightforward way. Loved the journey!
Karthik Beepi
Best 100 page book ever!
Ajit Jaokar
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Covers a lot of depth but still very concise and readable. would very much recommend this book
Tolga Karahan
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best book for introduction to Machine Learning. If you have some basic concepts this book provides very good introduction to the field. Concise but there are many good stuff.
Mlv Prasad
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and crispy
Ranjan Lamichhane
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This a good book to get a crash course and overview of machine learning. I highly recommend it for any software engineer.
Jason
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: math-and-cs, ml
Excellent overview of a wide range of ML techniques, with lots of links to resources for follow up reading. Highly recommended for anyone interested in Machine Learning topics.
Aleksandr
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stats
A pretty good general introduction to the core principles of ML for not very gifted individuals like me. Read this in the beginning of your ML1 course at the university.
Lukas Mason
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an intense read. Probably the slowest I've had to read in a long time. But so, so good, and absolutely jam-packed with information. Will have to revisit soon.
Felix U-O
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just what I needed, an overview if ML techniques without waffle but with technical and mathematical detail. This will become an invaluable quick reference text for me as I start getting my hands dirty.
Shubham Mittal
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good start to learn about ML. Although its very technical for someone who is not a computer savant its a start. You can at least pick terms and help map it in your learning.
Randy Hines
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: programming
Perfect overview and introduction to the concepts, math, terminology and application.
Vishal Singh
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book, it's like a Machine Learning capsule. I will make sure to go through this book from time to time.
Andres Sanchez
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was looking to get a technical overview on Machine Learning methods in order to start learning and applying them in my work. This book provided to be very useful, although I believe you need to have some experience on the subject (which I don't) in order to fully take advantage of it's contents
Tianyao Chen
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tech-books
Fantastic ML book! I don't think there's any other ML book that's as lucid and comprehensive as this one. It's an amazing overview without being shallow. Highly recommended!
Light Bringer
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you don’t know what you are doing- read this book!

• Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow
  • Machine Learning Yearning
  • Deep Learning with Python
  • Deep Learning
  • An Introduction to Statistical Learning: With Applications in R
  • Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach
  • Infinite Powers: How Calculus Reveals the Secrets of the Universe
  • Human Compatible: Artificial Intelligence and the Problem of Control
  • Data Science for Business: What you need to know about data mining and data-analytic thinking
  • The Art of Statistics: How to Learn from Data
  • Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
  • Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners
  • Python for Data Analysis
  • Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python
  • Naked Statistics: Stripping the Dread from the Data
  • Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning
  • Introduction to Algorithms
  • Prediction Machines: The Simple Economics of Artificial Intelligence

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »