Start by marking “Edge of Eon (Eon Warriors, #1)” as Want to Read:
Edge of Eon (Eon Warriors, #1)

Edge of Eon

(Eon Warriors #1)

Framed for a crime she didn't commit, a wrongly-imprisoned space captain's only chance at freedom is to abduct a fearsome alien war commander.

Sub-Captain Eve Traynor knows a suicide mission when she sees one. With deadly insectoid aliens threatening to invade Earth, the planet’s only chance of survival is to get the attention of the fierce Eon Warriors. But the Eon want
Published December 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Eon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Eon

Start your review of Edge of Eon (Eon Warriors, #1)
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Edge of Eon is book one in the Eon Warriors series by Anna Hackett.

Eve was falsely imprisoned, now for her to get her freedom back and protect her sisters; who have been outspoken on her imprisonment, she must now sneak on board the Desteron, an Eon Warrior ship, and kidnap the War Commander Than-Eon. A piece of cake....

I was captivated from the beginning to the end. Edge of Eon is a great introduction to the Eon Warriors series. It introduces us to the Eon race who are like Earth people, but th
Marta Cox
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
If like me you have read this authors Hell Squad or Galactic Gladiator books then you be well aware that she has the capacity to imagine weird and wonderful creatures. Therefore it came as no surprise when I realised that Davion carries a symbiotic creature that he can link with in order to perform amazing feats . What I did find surprising was Eves non stop have a go attitude. I'm used to kick ass heroines but this gal just keeps going no matter what she is faced with. I loved her feisty nature ...more
Mei
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sf
This one was such fan!!! I was grinning while reading how Eve treated Davion and how he couldn't believe what she was doing! It was really entertaining!

And the ever-chaning planet?! It was like a VR game where every few hours the world change! LOL

I liked that Eve wasn't a wilting flower, but as strong and cunning as Davion! What can I say: I love that kind of heroines!

Also the banter while fighting was fun!

What more could you want from a SF romance romp?!

Jumping on Lara's story!
Ira
Uhm, the world building is interesting and for few chapters this was really fabulous.

Until what was happening in that artificial planet!
First change? Wow!
Second change? Interesting!
Third change? Started to make me 🙄🙄🙄
I felt like playing games where you have to face different type of monsters when you jumped in another room!
After more change, I just skimmed and their enemies are bugs! 😳🙄😂

However, Shaggy help the story for me! 😘😂
And I want to read Lara’s story too:)
AvidReader
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The adventure in this book, Fantastic!

I loved the bad ass heroine too. The idea about changing terrain and synthetic planet was amazing. The creatures and main villain species Kantos was also done well. God I wanted the space corp to suffer for blackmailing Eve. May be sometime later.
Recommended.
Elizabeth
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A rush from beginning to end.

Heroine is blackmailed into a doomed task by the organization that has already treated her badly. Love of family and the ingrained desire to protect have her accepting the assignment.

The heroine is resilient, quick thinking, witty, and self sufficient. So is the hero.

Watching them work together to survive their enemies' plans is edge of the seat nerve wracking. Watching them fall in love and hoping for a happy ending, more nerve wracking.

Moments of fear, sorrow, l
Book Gannet
If you like your sci-fi romance to have lots of action, a muscle-bound hero, a kickass heroine and lots of sex, then you’ll probably love this. It’s fast, it’s hot and best read without thinking too deeply. Jump in and enjoy!

Alas, I tend to need a little bit more than a hot hero, feisty heroine and sex, so despite being excited about this new series, I found it a little meh. It’s fun enough, but I have to admit it didn’t win me over. Eve was just a bit too impulsive at times and I hated how ofte
Ariel Marie
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read in one sitting!

Loved it!! Read in one sitting! I can't wait for book 2! I think Shaggy was one of my favorite characters!!!!
Dísir
Anna Hackett does write fun things; Eon Warriors is her latest series and comes off as a mash-up of her Galactic Gladiators series with the ever-popular apocalyptic Hell Squad one as future earth women—when humans finally come of age to travel and explore space in earnest—find themselves tangling with a race of Eon warriors. Who are naturally, buff, muscular, big and bonded with a symbiont that gives them a near-untouchable demeanour from the start.

The setup is intriguing of course: a criminal
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Thank you Sue for the amazing spot on Rec. I needed to escape.. Needed a Sci fi fantasy so far out there.. And this was just perfect. This hero Davion was the exact kind I love. Total strength, loyalty and respect for a woman's ability to fight and be an equal.
Then our heroine Eve is like a combination of cat woman (agility) and a bad ass army woman.
These two started off as enemies but the love grew on each page. Started with pure physical attraction then slowly the respect settled in and that w
 Rosebud
Sub-Captain Eve Traynor, now a convicted prisoner because of a corrupt system, is being blackmailed to undertake a probable suicide mission. Kidnap War Commander Davion Thann-Eon, bring him back to Earth alive, and her conviction will be erased further gaining her the captainship of a star ship she's always wanted. Fail or refuse and her family will suffer a similar fate as her own.

Davion Thann-Eon, premier War Commander for the Eon empire, is going on vacation. A vacation that anyone else woul
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Eon Warriors #1
Rating: 4 stars - really enjoyable

With insect-like aliens bearing down on Earth, the only hope is to get the powerful Eon Warriors on their side; but relations have never been good between Earth and the Eon. Sub-Captain Eve Traynor accepts a suicide mission to kidnapped a mighty Eon War Commander in order to save her sisters and her planet but she never expected to crash land on a dangerous man-made planet with one pissed off warrior.

Edge of Eon was non-stop and filled wit
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
Anna Hackett is an author I see recommended to me all the time. I have her books on my T-B-R and I just never get to them, I’m regretting that now. This book was amazing and I know I’ll be getting the next book just after writing this review.

Davion and Eve our hero and heroine are two amazing badass characters. Davion is basically head warrior for his race or war commander if you will and Eve is a super woman trained by the Space Corps and thusly framed by the same company she gave her heart and
Charlotte
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For adult readers due to sexual content
You won't get bored! There is so much action and adventure in this one you almost forget it's a romance. We have hunky , movie star looking, warrior aliens who refuse to help Terrans or us Earthlings because of an old King's ruling. An alien race that looks like giant bugs who want to invade Earth and decimate it. Then there is us the conniving human who will do anything, no matter how underhanded or insane it may sound to try to save our hides. This is suc
Cara Bristol
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, sci-fi
Anna Hackett is THE standard for action-oriented science fiction romance. In Edge of Eon, Earth comes under attack by insectoid aliens. Eon, the only people strong enough to help, have refused to get involved. So Earth's military blackmails an officer into kidnapping a Eon warrior to force him to assist. Everything goes according to plan, until they come under attack by the insects, crash land on an Eon military training planet, and then have to fight the elements, the insects, and their own att ...more
Jenny Delandro
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving this new world Anna has created

In a future Earth, we have started to explore space but we have attracted the notice of a race that could be called space locusts.. the Kantos. We have also come the attention of the Eon race who could be bothered with Terrans as they call us.. well the powers in the Space Corps have a plan...
Cailin
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling start to an explosive series!!!

This was a fun and exciting start to a new and intriguing series! I enjoyed the fast pace, the inventive backdrops, the banter, and the memorable, badass characters. I cant wait for the next one!!!!
Lisa Jo
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audio review: I freaking loved this novel. Lol Action packed from the first chapter. Loved the adventure, loved the characters. It was exciting, it was sexy...it was everything you could possibly want in a sci-fi romance. So excited to start the next one.
Gail Koger
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Loved this book. Great world building. Nasty new villains. Lots of action and steam. I highly recommend this book. What are you waiting for. Go buy it
Marlene
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

Edge of Eon is the first book in Anna Hackett’s new science fiction romance series, Eon Warriors. So if you’ve ever had a hankering to try SFR in general or this author in particular (and you should, she’s terrific!) this is a great place to start.

The Eon Warriors series is space opera type SFR, one of my particular favorites. Lots of ships, lots of planets,, LOTS of politics, and a big universe in which to tell both big and small stories. If you’re wonderi
Elodie
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I discovered Mrs Anna Hacket’s work via her Galactic Gladiators series, but I have read since only one book from her other series.
So since this is one of her new ones, and I did not wanted to wait for the sequel from the gladiators stories, I decided to give it a go.
And I was hooked, she has a talent to create new universes, creatures, aliens and so and so.
This first story sets up the background of three aliens species fighting against each other, the Terrans, the Eons (similar to the earthlings
Kelly
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shenanigans of an alien nature. Yesssss! And I'm not just talking about the brooding War Commander, either. Those Kantos are brutal and bad and I'm looking forward to watching them get their due.

But that's coming later, I'm sure. In this book, we get to meet Eve and Davion and see how the strained relations between Eon and Earth lead to Eve being sent out on a desperate, suicidal mission to abduct War Commander Davion. To say things didn't go well would be an understatement. To be fair, however,
Maddy
This! This is why I love you, Anna Hackett! For a moment there (after reading Team 52 books and the last 3 books in Phoenix Adventures), I thought all was lost in repetitiveness, but then I get my hand on this one! So glad I did!
The story was great! I got a bit overwhelmed with all different types of Kantos and the world - building in general - the wars, the different positions, the background behind characters, but there are more books in the series so I hope it was for the greater good and al
TP
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, romance, sci-fi
It was an ok book. A fast paced sci-fi romance.
The characters are good, although superficial.
The world building is tolerable.
The plot lacks creativity.

But I liked it. It was a decent, quick and short pastime.
Þórey Jónsdóttir
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
RH Reader
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, alien
It was okay.

The fights and sex scenes were very repetitive, thought. Neither of which were very exciting, and most of it felt short or rushed.

I loved Shaggy!

Overall an okay story, it just didn’t have that spark.
Jacqueline's Reads
I guess I’m the minority on this. Even though it’s a 3 star review, it wasn’t bad. I just didn’t really enjoy it. I found it boring, kind of descriptive and I didn’t connect with the characters. I couldn’t find the chemistry between the two main characters.

I think it was the lack of sexual tension for me. The book had steam but it felt forced to me.

I listened to 6 hours of a book and I can’t even tell you what I read, that’s how unimpressive the book was too me.
Jillian
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would *and I can’t stress this enough* die for Shaggy.
Sophia
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ass-kicking heroine
Action-packed sequence
Alien macho-man

What's there not to love!
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
Sub-Captain Eve Traynor is being blackmailed into kidnapping an Eon warrior. She knows its a suicide mission but she has to protect her sisters. War Commander Davion Thann-Eon is taking his first vacation in a long time. What he doesn’t expect is to be kidnapped by a Terran.

This book was just as good as I remembered. I loved Eve. She was dangerous, sassy, and fun. She knows that this is a suicide mission but she is determined to do whatever she can to protect what family she has left. I loved h
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Taken by the Alien Warrior (Warriors of Agron #1)
  • Bounty (Barbarians of the Sand Planet #1)
  • Tamed (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #1)
  • Choosing Theo (Clecanian #1)
  • The Gorison Traveler Incident (Veslor Mates, #1)
  • Ascend (Haven #1)
  • Seized (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #2)
  • The Monarch's Mate (House Of Kaimar, #2)
  • Claimed by the Alien Warrior (Warriors of Agron #2)
  • Zhadra (Obosian Warriors #1)
  • Freeing Luka (Clecanian #2)
  • The Commander's Captive (House Of Kaimar, #1)
  • Chosen By A Beast (Hearts Of Stone, #1)
  • The Arcav Commander's Human (Arcav Alien Invasion, #2)
  • Alien Selection (Alien Invasion, #0.5)
  • Chosen By The Alien Commander (Novans, #1)
  • Claimed (Fated Mates of the Kalixian Warriors, #1)
  • The Arcav King's Mate (Arcav Alien Invasion #1, part 1)
I’m a USA Today bestselling romance author who’s passionate about fast-paced, emotion-filled contemporary and science-fiction romance. I love writing about people overcoming unbeatable odds and achieving seemingly impossible goals. I like to believe it’s possible for all of us to do the same.

I love hearing from readers and you can inf me on Facebook, Instagram and my website: www.annahackett.com

Eon Warriors (6 books)
  • Touch Of Eon (Eon Warriors, #2)
  • Heart of Eon (Eon Warriors, #3)
  • Kiss of Eon (Eon Warriors, #4)
  • Mark of Eon (Eon Warriors, #5)
  • Claim of Eon (Eon Warriors #6)

News & Interviews