Start by marking “Well Met (Well Met, #1)” as Want to Read:
Well Met (Well Met, #1)

Well Met

(Well Met #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  10,520 ratings  ·  2,288 reviews
All's faire in love and war for two sworn enemies who indulge in a harmless flirtation in a laugh-out-loud rom-com from debut author, Jen DeLuca.

Emily knew there would be strings attached when she relocated to the small town of Willow Creek, Maryland, for the summer to help her sister recover from an accident, but who could anticipate getting roped into volunteering for
Published September 3rd 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Well Met, please sign up.
Elizabeth Laskey It's mentioned several times that he doesn't appreciate her lack of effort in choosing a name. He believes "Emma" is too close to "Emily" and that she…moreIt's mentioned several times that he doesn't appreciate her lack of effort in choosing a name. He believes "Emma" is too close to "Emily" and that she therefore didn't put as much thought into her name choice as the other cast members. Is it a silly reason for him to be upset? Of course. But that's Simon! (less)
Rhianna Gale When you go to the giveaways page and at the top there is "giveaways you have entered" and when you click that it brings a list and you can organize…moreWhen you go to the giveaways page and at the top there is "giveaways you have entered" and when you click that it brings a list and you can organize it by what you have won. Once you see this book if you have truly won it underneath the title it will say "Haven't Retrieved?" and click that! Hope this helps, sorry. And congrats for winning! <3(less)

·  10,520 ratings  ·  2,288 reviews

Start your review of Well Met (Well Met, #1)
Melanie
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it

ARC provided by Berkley in exchange for an honest review.

Be still, my heart. This really was the romcom of my dreams. My whole life, I’ve been obsessed with going to renaissance fairs every fall in Michigan. My heart (and my nostalgia) is just so strong thinking about the memories I have from each year I went, numerous times. But never have I ever read a book where the setting was a renaissance fair! Well, that is until Jen DeLuca decided to give me everything I’ve ever wanted.

Emily - 24,
Nilufer Ozmekik
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-m-intrigued
FIVE FULL HOTTEST PIRATE ALERT and BEAUTIFUL, FAIRE-Y TALE-Y, SWEETEST STARS!

After for a long time and worst experiences with my favorite authors, I was about to lose my hope to find some lovable romance! Then I finally start this book and TATATA I FELL IN LOVE with it! I’m correcting it! IT LITERALLY WOOED ME!

Cute, sweet, swoony, smart and plus it gives you to urge attending a renaissance fair urgently. (I already ordered my Marie Antionette costume for me and Robin Hood costume for my
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was SO DAMN CHARMING. Pretty sure I was grinning like a fool the entire time because I just loved it so much. MY HEART!
jessica
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
you guys. its official. hot english teachers whose alter-ego is a roguish pirate are so my thing. it may sound a bit niche, but its the only thing that will do it for me. my heart has decided and theres nothing i can do about it now.

and until that perfect guy comes along, i guess i will just have to spend my time happily daydreaming about simon. i have a weak spot for guarded, yet vulnerable, romantic interests, so simon had my attention from page one. i enjoyed seeing him come out of his shell
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
2 Stars

I picked this for my August Book of the Month box selection. I was fresh off The Reckless Oath We Made and was in "Renaissance mode," I guess. And while this book is usually not something I go for - I don't typically read light, mainstream contemporary romance (nothing against it, just not really my typical fare) - this book sounded really cute and I was very drawn to it and excited for it to arrive. Plus, it had a really cute cover in what is pretty much my favorite color. So there's
Riley
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Consider me properly wooed by this book! This was the perfect summer romance.

Fresh of the heels of a bad break up, Emily moves to a small town to take care of her older sister and niece after her sister was in a car crash. Emily gets roped into joining the towns annual Renaissance Faire as a tavern wench. Right off the bat she get’s off on the wrong foot with the leader of the faire, Simon, who seems to disapprove of every move Emily makes. But once the faire begins, Emily’s wench persona can’t
Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!!
Cute, fun, & endearing!

WELL MET by JEN DELUCA is an adorable, charming, heartwarming, romantic, and sweet lighthearted rom-com that captured my heart and attention. I was immediately hooked and fully absorbed within this tale. I absolutely loved the small town atmosphere and the Renaissance Faire elements to the storyline, and got a kick out of the hate to love relationship between Emily and Simon.

I’ve always had this fascination and appeal to renaissance times so I absolutely loved the
Cristina | CristiinaReads
A sweet romance that has so many touching moments between Simon and Emily, that will have you dreaming for much more...

Let's begin by stating that this is Jen's debut novel and the first time reading anything by her, so I am rather surprised at myself that I was able to enjoy her story. Why am I surprised you may say? Because lately, with new authors I have not been hitting it squared. And it scares me to think that this may be a constant thing with future new authors. Either way, I can say
EmBibliophile
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Kissing my summer vacation goodbye with this adorable book!!

I know absolutely nothing about renaissance fairs, but thanks to this book I get to experience this awesome event!! It’s so fun. So adorable. So enjoyable. Definitely a book that would put a smile on your face.

Emily moved to Willow Creek to help her sister and niece since her sister has been in an accident. Emily was just helping around, driving her niece and her sister and things like that. When her niece decides to join the
Corina

Well Met was a great debut novel, with a wonderfully refreshing plot. The writing flowed and the characters were very well developed. It was easy to experience the faire with Emily, since the author apparently wrote from her own experiences, and visited a Renaissance Faire before.

The love between Emily and Simon was slow burn. And I wished there was a bit more to it. They didn't spent nearly enough time together. And the time that they did spend together, wasn't really enough for a
Larry H
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Huzzah, Jen DeLuca! Huzzah indeed!!

Emily’s life is kind of at a dead end. Her fiancé ended their engagement, leaving her with nowhere to live, and really no prospects. When her older sister is in an accident, Emily drops everything—not that it's too big a sacrifice—and heads to Willow Creek, a small town in Maryland, to care for her sister and her teenage niece, Caitlin.

Taking care of all of her sister and niece's needs makes Emily feel like she has a purpose again. Since her sister is
Lola
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

This romance was both familiar and unfamiliar for me.

If you’re like me, then you’ve probably never been to a faire before and thought that was a thing for Hollywood movies. I’m not even sure we have those in Montreal but maybe I just haven’t known where to look thus far.

So the setting of the Renaissance faire in this story felt very original to me. The fact that a love-hate, slow-burn romance blossomed at the faire only made things better and more exciting of course. I couldn’t wait
Warda
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, me and my mushy-caged heart loved this story.
It was nerdy, communal and healing.

In summary, we have a bubbly Emily who’s uprooted her life for her sister who was in a car accident, though it doesn’t feel like much has been uprooted since she more or less lost everything. And taking care of her sister and her niece felt much easier to deal with than what her life had become.
We have our resident, grumpy Simon who instead of facing his problems, hid behind a project his brother built and
Berit☀️✨
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-physical, 2019
Best romcom I’ve read this year!!!

I loved absolutely everything about this book! Jen DeLuca stole my heart with this charming romance. Emily’s life has kind of fallen apart so when her sister April needs her help she sees it as a perfect opportunity to regroup, her intention was never to stay in small town Maryland. It also was not part of her plans to spend her summer volunteering at a Renaissance Fair. But when her 14-year-old niece needs a parent to supervise her volunteering she feels
Whitney Atkinson
This book was fine. I have nothing majorly for or against it; it just struck the middle of the road for me. Initially, I really liked that the main character is a college drop-out and it focuses on her selfconsciousness about that because I've never seen that trait in a romance before. Also, I thought the writing style was funny and I would have tabbed it up had I gotten my own copy rather than a library book.

But then, the writing style became more of a hindrance than something I enjoyed. This
preoccupiedbybooks
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This copy was available for me to download on edelweiss.plus, in exchange for an honest review :)

The cute, nerdy, and funny renaissance faire love story that I didn't know I needed!

Be still my beating heart! A slow burn enemies to lovers romance set in a forest with pirates, wenches and royalty..what more could I ask for?! This was definitely my favourite romance of the summer, and I can't quite believe that it's Jen DeLuca's debut novel! I was so impressed with her writing, it really flowed on
Irena BookDustMagic
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Well Met was pretty popular even before it came out. Booktubers talked about, had showcased their proof copies they were very lucky to get, many of my Goodreads friends also read it, and everyone seemed to love it.

“The best romance comedy of 2019, new hate to love story you will fall in love with” is what they said.
And how it affected me? I expected just that, but in the end I didn’t fall into the wagon of people who loved it oh so much.

To me, it was funny and entertaining book, but nothing more
Brenda -Traveling Sister host of The Traveling Friends
Well Met starts off with such a great opening line and it hooked me in right away. I was smitten with the story theme here with enemies to lovers and the Renaissance Faire adds something different and fun to the story.

At about the halfway mark, things started to slow down for me and I wanted to feel more tension, suspense and substance to the characters and their relationships. It’s not an easy thing to pull off for this picky non-romantic soul and I am in the minority here with my thoughts.

I
Toni
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2019
Emily is used to putting other people's needs before her own. She dropped out of college to do two jobs and put her boyfriend through his expensive law school. He was supposed to help her after the graduation, but as soon as he got his new and shiny degree, he decided to break up with her and cancelled their flat lease. As Emily was desperately trying to sort her life out, her older sister April had a car accident and, of course, Emily is only happy to stay in Willow Creek and help out for a few ...more
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
3.66 stars for this Renaissance Faire-inspired contemporary romance. Emily, fresh off a painful breakup with her long-term boyfriend - she dropped out of college to put him through law school, spoiler: BIG MISTAKE - temporarily moves to the small town of Willow Creek in Maryland to help out her older sister April, who's laid up from a severe car accident, and April's 14 year old daughter Caitlin.

Right after she gets to town Emily finds out that Cait is dead set on participating in the town's
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, sweet, and fun!

Emily moves to Maryland to help her sister recover from an accident. She ends up volunteering, not necessarily enthusiastically, to work in the Renaissance Faire with her teenaged niece. On top of that, Simon, the teacher managing the faire, is annoying to no end, which, of course, keeps Emily daydreaming about him.

The faire is serious business to Simon’s family, and it’s his responsibility to make sure it carries on with purpose and tradition. Emily is not serious
Katie B
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was in the mood for a good romance and this one delivered! I liked the chemistry between the main characters and I really loved how the author worked a Renaissance Faire into the storyline. Made the story a little more unique.

After getting dumped by her boyfriend and losing her apartment, Emily goes to Maryland to help out her sister who is recovering from a bad car accident. Emily's niece is wanting to participate in the town's Renaissance Faire but she can only join if she has an adult
Erin
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Giveaway win!

Reading Rush: Read a book with purple on the cover

4.5 Stars

Renaissance Romance

That is not something that usually interests me. I've only been to one Renaissance Faire in my life and I didn't like it at all. It wasn't my jam but the food was good so there's that.

Well Met surprised the HELL out of me. I expected this to be super corny and lame

But...

Y'all!!!!

This book was so cute and I didn't know that I needed this in my life.

Emily knew there would be strings attached when she
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Absolutely adorable in every single way! Review to come ...more
Hollis
If what you've always wanted is a romance set against a Renaissance Faire, with a hate to love trope, then WELL MET is sure to be the book of your dreams. Or at least one of your top favourites from 2019.

I've only read one other book with this kind of setting, and honestly both the title and the author escape me, so that probably says a lot about how much I liked it. As a result I maybe went in to this one with lower expectations but whether that had anything to do with my enjoyment or if this
✨ A ✨
I need to go to a Faire, seriously. Review to come!

____
Buddy reading with these awesome people I love: Karima, Fares and Warda !!
Theresa
Sep 09, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yikes, what a shitshow. Words cannot express how much I hated this book. Oh wait, they can, I wrote three whole pages of notes for my rant video.
Here we go: https://youtu.be/WEK0io3eaLM
Alexa
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
Buddy reading this with Melanie!

4.5 stars, and I genuinely am really tempted to round up to 5 stars because the reading experience made me so happy. It was so fun to experience Renn Faire through the book, to get a glimpse of life in this small town and to get a romance I could root for too!
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
So. Cute.

Probably my favorite rom com since The Hating Game and Fight or Flight.

If you're itching for a romance with a dash of the medieval, don't miss this! Set at a Renaissance Festival - and an enthusiastic one at that - Well Met is a perfect split between fantasy and reality. We're talking pirates, jousts, lords, ladies - the whole of it. Even better, the main characters absolutely detest each other, which if you ask me, is ingredients for the perfect tension-filled romance.

I loved every
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

Well Met is about a young woman named Emily who dropped everything in her life when her sister is in a car accident. Taking care of her sister and her teenage niece, Emily is roped into volunteering at the local Ren Faire where she meets Simon, a rude and judgy English teacher. But when the faire starts, Simon turns into a charismatic pirate and Emily finds herself seeing a different side of him.

What a cute debut novel! I don’t remember why I placed a hold on this book from the
YA Buddy Readers'...: Well Met (Well Met #1) by Jen DeLuca - Restarting November 25th 2019 25 21 Dec 04, 2019 07:11PM
Turning Pages At ...: Well Met by Jen DeLuca 13 24 Oct 14, 2019 04:19AM
Book of The Month: Well Met 1 26 Aug 04, 2019 06:08PM

• Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Faker
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • The Friend Zone
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • The Flatshare
  • The Bookish Life of Nina Hill
  • Waiting for Tom Hanks (Waiting for Tom Hanks, #1)
  • Things You Save in a Fire
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Meet Cute
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • Love on Lexington Avenue
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
Jen DeLuca was born and raised near Richmond, Virginia, but now lives in Central Florida with her husband and a houseful of rescue pets. She loves latte-flavored lattes, Hokies football, and the Oxford comma. Well Met is her first novel, inspired by her time volunteering as a pub wench with her local Renaissance Faire.

Well Met (2 books)
  • Well Played (Well Met, #2)
“Birthday wishes were allowed to be lofty. I blew out the candles and let those wishes fly away with the wisps of smoke. The ones that were meant to be would come back.” 5 likes
“I’ve known that guy for more than twenty years, and this is the first time he’s ever been subtle.” 2 likes