Start by marking “Our New Normal” as Want to Read:

Our New Normal

How much more can you give when you've already given everything? In Colleen Faulkner's affecting, thought-provoking new novel, the mother of a pregnant teenager discovers there are no easy answers--and that a mistake-proof life may not be worth living ...

Liv Ridgely prides herself on being the responsible wrangler of all things family: stay at home mom, caretaker of elderl
Expected publication: August 27th 2019 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Our New Normal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our New Normal

Kavi  Krish
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heartbreaking, emotional and pretty damn realistic novel. I think, every teenager out there should read this one.. One thing I grasped from this book is that you do not get to undergo the hardships of being a mother until you are one. Being a parent, means you are the one who makes the difficult choices and have to endure the consequences too. Well, I'm glad I read this book. this one is for all the moms out there.

Thanks, NetGalley and Kensington providing me with the eARC in exchange for an
Heather
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks Kensington and Netgalley for the chance to read this dynamic novel before it hits bookshelves later this month.

Liv, mom to a college student and a 16-year-old daughter, feels like she’s done raising her kids and wants to do something for herself now. That something is restoring homes because she did a brilliant job of bringing the one she lives in to a new life. When everything seems to be going smoothly, Liv finds out that Hazel, the teen daughter, is three months pregnant. Liv suggests
Kayo
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Touching story. Characters well thought out, just a well rounded story. Nice one!

Thanks to author,publisher and Netgalley for the chance to read this book. While I got the book for free,it had no bearing on the rating I gave it.
Susan Ballard
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 / 5 ⭐

What was the last book you read where your heart actually hurt for a character? Where you felt your chest tighten and your throat close with emotion? ᴏᴜʀ ɴᴇᴡ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟ is that book for me. Colleen Faulkner did such an amazing job at capturing the voice of a wife and mother that at times I felt like she was inside my head. Before the younger crowd assumes this book isn’t for them - Faulkner also takes on the perspective of a pregnant 16-year-old.

Liv Ridgely has been a stay-at-home mom rais
Susan Ballard
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
By Colleen Faulkner
4.5 / 5 ⭐

Liv Ridgely
Hayley
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: online, netgalley
This book like all other books by Colleen Faulker is amazing. She really has a way of taking common situations that lots of people do unfortunately find themselves in and putting a nice spin on things. She has a powerful way with her words that keeps me coming back as a reader to devour whatever new piece that she puts out. I really enjoyed this book and I found while I loved the story line I think that the characters had to be my favourite part of this. They were so realistic in their actions a ...more
Janell Madison
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your kids are growing up-one is heading to college and the other is almost 17. Your husband’s career at the Hospital is established and you’re so excited because it is finally here! It is finally your turn to live your dream! The kids are old enough that they don’t need you 24/7. You have your first clients for your new business and you are so excited to get started.

And then, there is a positive pregnancy test. And, a second positive pregnancy test, in case the first one was wrong. Now what?

I lo
Donna Hines
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Staying true to self even after hardships threaten to crack you to the very core!
This is the dilemma for any teen parent especially when you have multiple teens with one off in college and another soon to be right behind her son as Hazel is now 16yo.
I'm so glad I read this for multiple reasons including the strain on the marriage and having to come together on all fronts when things don't work out as one may have hoped.
It turns out Hazel became pregnant and vows to not only have the baby but sta
Owl._.
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by this author. Our New Normal does a great job in how it portrays a mother who lost her identity raising her children and finally having the ability to pursue her dreams again only to be completely ambushed by the fact that her teenage daughter is pregnant and wants to keep the baby.

It was well-written and I found that I could not put it down until I saw how it ended. Full of heartbreak, loneliness, wants, and broken dreams, and growing up, this is a book I wou
January Gray
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by Colleen Faulkner and I am a new fan! This book was amazing and I hated the times I had to put it down when life called me. Raw, real and honest, nothing was sugar coated. It was hard to choose a favorite character, but I will have to go with Hazel, the pregnant teenager. I highly recommend this book and the Author!
Gea
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-com
This is a work of fiction, but it should be required reading for every teen girl. Heartbreaking, emotional and so realistic. Sometimes being a parent is about making the hard choices.
Sherrey