Start by marking “Dirty Pool” as Want to Read:
Dirty Pool

Dirty Pool

To get what he wants, he’ll have to play a game of dirty pool.

Michel Marcello never wanted to be a mafioso like every other man in his family—he wanted to be more. That doesn’t mean he’s unfamiliar with the life, or that he can’t hold his own against other made men.

They forgot where he came from …

His chance encounter with the fiery and beautiful daughter of Detroit’s most
Published May 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Pool, please sign up.
Sofs Yes! You will see characters from other books which are mainly Michel family but you can totally read this as standalone!

Start your review of Dirty Pool
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Michel Marcello was probably the most underrated character in the entire Marcello family. Instead of following in the footsteps of every man he knew, he was determined to strike out on his own. Becoming a trauma surgeon was his dream. He worked best under pressure and knew how fulfilling his career would be. He wasn't a made man... he had no intention of becoming a made man... but do not underestimate him. The Marcellos are cunning and clever and Michel is absolutely no exception!

When readin
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Coming Home” Stars

I am a Marcello Junkie and I can not lie. There isn’t a story about this family I haven’t read. Every character gets ingrained in my reading psyche and Michel was no different. And even though Michel Marcello isn’t involved in the family business, he is a Marcello through and through.

“Michel wasn’t like them. He wasn’t obvious. A silent sort of vicious.”

Gabbie Casey is an Irish Ball of Fire. I like that she is bold with Michel and knows what she wants. She is the daughter of
Bethany-Kris
Apr 13, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Live!

(Release, May 6th) Amazon | https://geni.us/DirtyPoolAMZ
Blurb reveal:

To get what he wants, he’ll have to play a game of dirty pool.

They forgot where he came from …

His chance encounter with the fiery and beautiful daughter of Detroit’s most notorious Irish mob boss stokes flames beyond the
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

I've been taking a break from my organized crime reading and making quite a pile of TBR books because of that, but when I saw Bethany-Kris was giving us Michel Marcello I knew I had to push everything to the side for it. Michel has no desire to be a made man, he wants to be a trauma surgeon, he thrives under that sort of pressure. His spare time is spent supporting the Detroit family, but they question his allegiance as he falls for the pretty red
it.sgottabethebooks
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DIRTY POOL
By Bethany-Kris
5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Release Date May 6

I have read every book in Bethany-Kris’ backlist and she never fails to amaze me! She has yet provided another book bf for me love in Dirty Pool.

Michel Marcello has been mentioned in several books but never his full story. His character was everything I hoped for and more. His character is sweet and equally dangerous. He may not be a made man and following the path of many of the Marcello men yet he is still just as calculating and dangerou
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
It took me a really long time to read this book and also to decide on a rating. It’s not that the book was bad. It was in fact Bethany perfect. The problem I had with this story was that I couldn’t connect with the characters. I kept on hoping for something more. Something to make me like them in any capacity but, nada.

Michel is the son of Dante and Catherine (my OTP goals). He is studying to become a surgeon which takes him out of the mafia equation. He is not a Made Man. He prefers to just da
Ari Reavis
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia-mob, arcs
STOP UNDERESTIMATING MICHEL!

This was such a recurring thought while I read this book. Did people forget what his last name was? Did they forget who raised this man? That viciousness and sharp thinking were ingrained in him just as much as respect, honor, and loyalty? I loved Michel. He may not have followed in the footsteps of other men in his family, but he was very much a Marcello. That confidence, that wicked tongue, the way he loved hard and didn't care what anyone else thought about his cho
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Gah I am obsessed with Bethany Kris' mafia universe. The Marcellos are mafia royalty to me and getting the opportunity to dive deep once again makes me feel like a kid in a candy store. I absolutely loved Michel and Gabbie and was consumed with the forbidden Romeo and Juliet aspect of their story. It was just so delicious.

Words can not describe how much I loved this story. Michel and Gabbie shared an unexpected yet profound connection and I could not have been more moved by them as they were bo
Manoela
4 Stars

In Dirty Pool the author Bethany-Kris brings the story of Michel Marcello, a character I've been waiting for his story since his sister's book. And I wasn't disappointed.

This book has a very good dynamic, and one of the good points of this author is that we see a Mafia book where we can actually enter this universe and what part of this world implies.The author doesn't spare detail in narrating how this world works and inserting it in the book and for that I am grateful since one of my b
Melliane
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

After seeing Michel in the other novels, I must admit that I was really curious to discover his story.

We discover our hero during his studies in Detroit. He studies quietly in his own corner, without interfering in his family’s affairs. He’s not interested. He does not want to be told what to do and how he can live. So when he meets the daughter of the Irish mafia boss’s boss, Gabbie, he doesn’t expect to fall in love with her. Nor does he expect this relat
Mia Bui
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg. You gals aren’t even ready for this...

Dirty Pool indeed.
Michel + Gabbie are something else.

Don’t you dare underestimate Michel- he’s still a Marcello through and through... and only proves it each step of the way. Gabbie is a fun twist to the BK Marcello world- from the fiery femininity to her Irish lingo you can’t help but love this fierce woman! Their chemistry is wonderfully plotted, and of course, it doesn’t disappoint in the “steamy” department.

Unlike most of the Marcello books this p
Bev
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ All the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This was just fabulous, it really was. If I'm honest I wasn't too sure this book was going to grab me the way the other Marcello books have because Michel has always just hovered on the outskirts of the family, never in it (his choice). But what the author showed to perfection was that in their world whether you chose to be "in the family" or not, the family was always going to be "in" you.

Ah, Michel! You surprised me in the best of ways. Hot, clever, protectiv
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Michel Marcello isn't like the other men in his family. He's different. He doesn't want to be in the family business. But don't let that make you think he's soft or that he's not strong and badass like all Marcellos. That's why the Irish mob princess Gabbie is perfect for him in a Romeo and Juliet kind of way. She's feisty and sassy and smart af just like Michel. So when the two meet and fall in love, you just know there's going to be trouble.

I love Dirty Pool! There's something so r
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
The Marcellos are back!

Michel is swoony-worthy in his hotness and his love of family and dedication to medicine. Gabby knows and treasures family as well but love doesn’t always fit into tidy lines. When he and Gabby get together, tradition and bonds were tested and broken, all in the world of the mafia…

If I’m in the mood for mafia-infused romance, this author is at the top of the list! With Michel and Gabby’s story she mixed up her game with a different, but just as awesome, feel. What if you a
Tzelina
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's a fact that I love, no...in order to be correct I am obsessed with Bethany Kris tales!!! Her writing is amazing and surely she NEVER disappoints you!! Definitely as I have said before in my mind she is the Queen of mafia tales!!! Sooooo...as all the her previous tales, (I am in love with Marcello family) Dirty Pool was fucking brilliant!!! I loved it from the first page, it was an amazing tale that kept me on the edge!!!
Maria11
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great as always

I love my Marcellos!!!! Darn just can’t get enough of them. Hot, sexy, loving, bad boy, smart, and protective. Gabbie was good too. Love the Irish accent!
Lavender
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

Michel Marcello. Adaptable. Perceptive. Damn chivalrous with an evil streak. Doctor by choice. A Marcello by birthright. Michel does not follow. He leads-in life, in the bedroom, and all things.

Michel prefers the one man show. He dabbles in the family business when he wants to, and only then. The money is great, the thrill is better, and why not? Michel is damn good at being bad.

Detroit was another in and out. Do the job.
Make bank and bail. Onto the next thing.

Until Gabbie.

Playing doc
Joelle
We loved the story from beginning to end!
The story was filled with tons of romance ,intrigue,drama and more than a few laughs.

We loved Michal and Gabbie"s story they were perfect for one another and Gabbie had just enough sass and spice to keep Michal on his toes.

Michal has definitely gotten into a bit of hot water being in Detroit with the the waring two mob families and he has been lusting for for the Irish mobs princess making things even more complicated .Michal is falling and falling hard b
BLuvsBooks
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Michel is the son of Dante and Cat Marcello. The don and queen pin of the mafia NY
You don’t need to read their story to enjoy this book.

.Michel had no intention of going into the family crime business and left his Family In NY for medical school in Detroit.
While in his first year of medical school he does make connections with the Detroit syndicate however does not want to be controlled by them.
While out one night he has a chance meeting with Gabbie the daughter of the head of the Irish mob. A
Julia
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He is not like others but still a Marcello.

To tell the truth I've never thought about a book about Michel. I've always thought he was not interested in family's dealings and for me he was just an interesting character. That's it... but after reading this book everything has changed for me! Now Michael Marcello is one of my favourite bookboyfriends.
He was always underrated and underestimated and sometimes I thoyght people forgot that his last name was Marcello. Just knowing it one can see what
Athena D.
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

Michel & Gabbie’ s story is another fine example of Bethany-Kris’ consummate writing skills!!!! Another Marcello man to love!

“Michel wasn’t like them. He wasn’t obvious. A silent sort of vicious.”

Michel Marcello is mentioned in many of the other Marcello books. You may know his name, but most disregard him because he’s not technically part of the Cosa Nostra family. Be warned, he may not be a made man but that doesn’t mean he knows nothing of his legacy. I love that Michel
HeartBreaker
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
First of all,this cover is AMAZING. Absolutely amazing,I love it so much.And the story...it was sooo good.

Michel is Cat and Dante's adopted son,but he is a true Marcello kid.And how could he not be when he was raised by two most head-strong,bad-ass people on earth.I loved that he choose a different path in life.His dream is to become trauma surgeon and he is on good way to reach that goal.That is until Gabbie shows up in his life.
They fell in love quickly and they were so good together.The probl
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A CUNNING, DARK, SINFUL STORY WITH A LOT OF DEPTH, SIZZLING PASSION AND UNFORGETTABLE CHARACTERS!

Dirty Pool was and is a sensational read. Engaging and all consuming, once I started I didn't want to put it down and when I did, I just couldn't stop thinking about it. The characters are incredible and special and the way the story is written...irresistible! Its a dark thrilling read worth reading again and again! Its exciting and twisted, but in a good way. Reader
Shirley
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

I’ve always been a little intrigued by Michel. He was on the periphery and I didn’t know much about him really apart from his wife was an Irish mob boss’s daughter. Well let me just say that I was NOT disappointed at all and Michel totally proved that you don’t have to be a made man to be a filthy Marcello. He was 100% Marcello through and through.
I loved Gabbie too she was strong and sassy and just bloody perfect for Michel. I loved the scene with Gabbie and Catrina cooking and that
Kim  Brewing
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Time in any BK world is time well spent and this story is no exception. Falling in love was not in Michel's mind. He was focused on school and his desire to be a surgeon. But then the met Gabbie, a mafia princess...only she was an Irish princess. Can it be? or will a war end our couple for good. Loved the epilogue!!!
Nikki
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfetto!

I have loved every Bethany Kris book I've read and they just keep getting better and better! I loved this book! Michel was such a surprise... Yet not. I knew he'd be a bad a$$ but I really loved how he was a quiet kind of deadly, often underestimated. He and Gabbie were perfect together and I really enjoyed reading about them!
CLEO
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
**ARC REVIEW**
So i'm so new to this world of Bethany-Kris 😊. In this mafia world I have started in reverse order and enjoying every book!

Michel is away in Detroit, attending medical school and trying his best to stay focus in his studies and away from trouble. The semester is finally over and Michel can finally take a breather.. He decides to take on his mafioso friend and have a little fun for the summer while school is out.

Gabby is tired of her overbearing Irish boss Dad. She sinks into he
cupcakes and bookshelves
Engaging, intriguing and damn right entertaining, I love Bethany's ideas and creativity. Action packed twists, with heart pounding emotion, forbidden attraction from 2 rivalry Mafia families has been done before but this is at it's best. ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT.
4.5 Stars

*ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much*
Janee
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I liked that we as readers get to know Michael. Every character in the Marcello's world are all worthy of their own book. Michael and Gabbie's story was just as exciting. I can finally put to rest the hows and whys of their coming together.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Black Swan (The Kingmaker Saga, #3)
  • Red Herring (The Kingmaker Saga #4)
  • White Rabbit: The Fall (The Kingmaker Saga, #2)
  • Something Green (Den of Mercenaries, #2.5)
  • Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • Acquainted
  • Dark Horse (The Kingmaker Saga #5)
  • White Rabbit: The Rise (The Kingmaker Saga, #1)
  • Down the Line (Volkov Bratva, #4.6)
  • Nix. (Den of Mercenaries #3)
  • Shadows & Silence (The Wild Bunch, #2)
  • Luca Vitiello (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #0)
  • Syn. (Den of Mercenaries, #6)
  • Iris. (Den of Mercenaries, #7)
  • Crooks & Kings (The Wild Bunch, #1)
  • Calavera. (Den of Mercenaries, #4)
  • Celt. (Den of Mercenaries #2)
  • Red. (Den of Mercenaries, #1)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new