Start by marking “Shattered Echo (Echo Branson Investigation Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Shattered Echo (Echo Branson Investigation Book 1)

Shattered Echo (Echo Branson Investigation Book 1)

"For fourteen years, she lived as an unwanted Jane Doe.

But when her empathic powers suddenly and violently kick in, she becomes a supernatural empath who is as much a risk to herself as to others. Fleeing both her old name and the new nightmare her life has become, Echo Branson seeks a mentor deep in the Louisiana Bayou who can help her control her newfound abilities.

Re
Published December 21st 2018 by Inspired Quill

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Echo, please sign up.
XR Like you, I had seen the Echo Branson Series under the Linda Kay Silva account, but I believe that is a pen name for Alex Westmore. The book is listed…moreLike you, I had seen the Echo Branson Series under the Linda Kay Silva account, but I believe that is a pen name for Alex Westmore. The book is listed on her website: http://alexwestmore.net.(less)

H.M. Gooden
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A different take on the paranormal, the main character is introduced to us in flashbacks interspersed with the present day. She’s a journalist with dreams for the future, but also an empath who is finding her way and solving mysteries as she goes. Always following her own strong moral code and full of great side characters, this book was a treat from start to finish.
Enjoyable and entertaining, I can’t wait to see what echo gets up to next!
Jaed  Beck
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a digital ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 stars!
I didn't think I would like this book as much as I did cause it isn't the usual genre I read but the synopsis intrigued me so I thought why not. I'm not going to say much about it cause I feel like it'll be best to get into it without knowing much. What I can say is Echo is a journalist as well as an empath who wants to be accepted, achieve her dreams like any other and make a difference in the world.

What I really
Drea Kreth
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
The writing is okay in itself but the whole mystery she solved in the first half of the book was a throw away and seemed to only be there so the book wasn't really short and had no connection to the mystery in the second half of the book. The premise of her being an empath and her back story was really interesting. I'd pick up book 2 when it came out if I needed something to read and the price was low.
Sara Carey
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ok so typically this type of book is not something I would normally read. But I actually liked it! It was a very "feel good" type of book. The kind of story you watch play out on daytime t.v shows with lovable characters and funny moments enterlaced with a big time plot. What I liked about this book was that it was an easy going read that was enjoyable, without too much complicated stuff going on to bog your brain down when you really just want to f'n relax. Sometimes you need those type of book ...more
Cameron
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a digital copy of this book in return for an honest review.

While I'm a sucker for detective TV shows, I don't normally find myself reading mysteries. I enjoyed Echo as a main character and thought that her empath abilities helped to fill in a lot of the issues I normally have with detective stories - she sensed people's feelings, she didn’t just “know” stuff and then explain to the reader later how she came to that conclusion through some convoluted string of clues. It added a fun twi
Neptune Violin
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review (which is wild!!)
To cut to the chase, I did not enjoy this book. I read about 40% before giving up because I was honestly struggling to convince myself to read it. I spent a significant amount of time with this book wishing I was reading something else.
I will admit that this book is outside of my comfort zone - I usually read young adult and high fantasy, but I have read both paranormal/urban fantasy and adult books before, s
meredith
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
(I received a free copy for an honest review)

Rose-Worth Features
- Going into this book I didn't really know how I would feel about it. I've never read anything like this but I'm glad to say that I really enjoyed reading this book.
- The first thing I love right off the bat was the characters. The main character Echo was interesting. I loved her personality and she had such a kind heart. Overall, she was a great character!
- One thing that I really loved while reading was the friendship between D
Joëlle (Imnotareader)
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
J’ai beaucoup aimé ce livre.
Echo est un personnage que j’aime énormément ; elle est hyper sarcastique (J’ADORE) et elle n’a vraiment pas peur de prendre des risques pour les gens qu’elle aime. C’est aussi une jeune femme qui sait ce qu’elle veut ! Elle n’a d’ailleurs pas peur de dire ce qu’elle pense à son patron et à son collègue arrogant, Carter.
J’ADORE SON CHAT Tripod 🐈🐾 ; il est trop chou et me fait penser à mon propre chat 🤩🥰 A un moment dans l’histoire, elle ne sait pas comment s’habille
Two Ladies
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
We received a copy of this book in return for an honest review. Wasn’t sure what to expect from this book as it is a first from this author and genre.
The book focus’ on the life of a reporter with supernatural abilities. In order to save her career as a journalist she is given a second chance with a major story. With the book set in past and present, the author allows the reader to have a better understanding of the main character.
For me, I didn’t love the book and I'm not sure if I would recom
Faith Farrell
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I received a digital ARC of this book for an honest review. I don't want go give to many details because the less you know going in the better. I really really enjoyed this book! I've never read anything from Alex Westmore but I am so happy I have now! Her writing in my opinion is on point! I was engaged from the the first page! The story flowed well and I never felt lost. This world she has created is incredible if not a little scary when I think how much our world feels like this at times. Our ...more
Erin Gossman
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I wish I could choose a half star cause I’m really in between 3 and 4. I love the premise, first off, and the boys oh my goodness I think those three are my favorite characters. My biggest problem I think was the lack of definition when it started jumping into the past. I caught on pretty quick, but the first few times really threw me for a loop. Maybe it was the layout on my phone, maybe not I can’t say for certain. I also feel that this book could have easily split into two books without missi ...more
Mikayla Kennaugh
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book that I have read by Alex Westmore. She has such a beautiful way of storytelling and captivating the audience. I have always been a huge fan of paranormal books and was so excited to read this. I don’t typically read mystery books, so it was a refreshing change of pace from my typical reads.

One of my favorite things about this author is that she has such original and unique ideas. I mean who would think to come up with an empath that was named Jane Doe. I feel like being a
Baiba Murray
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book hooked me immediately and continued to be a gripping story! I loved the characters and their relationships, as well as the mystery and how Echo's abilities help solve them. The past and present were interwoven beautifully to get the full picture of how Echo came to be. I highly recommend reading this book!
Dale
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is by far my favorite book by Alex. I love Echo, she has such a big heart and I was cheering her on the whole time. If you like heart warming stories about lost kids finding their own family and a home in this huge world, you will love this book. I know I did and I'm really hoping that there will be a sequel.
XR
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was a fun read. The idea of supernaturals is an awesome thought too... to day dream about hehe. I look forward to the next book.
TheReadingShelf
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonder and investigate in this wonderful, fantastic story!

Visit my site in order to read more reviews like this one @thereadingshelf.co.za!

Link to this review:

Nancy Jones
Feb 25, 2019
Tsundoku
Mar 24, 2019
Alex Westmore has lived in a haunted house, has a raging empath for a best friend, and eats up paranormal experiences with a huge supernatural spoon. To get closer to the action, she has spent time with Voodun in New Orleans, medicine men in the Southwest, and a Shaman in the Amazon.

Alex is a five-time award winning author of several series, from zombies to demons to empaths, oh my! When she isn’t