Start by marking “Someone Like You (Imperfect Hearts, # 3)” as Want to Read:
Someone Like You (Imperfect Hearts, # 3)

Someone Like You

(Imperfect Hearts #3)

Dorian Anson is my friend. She's the only person who's ever questioned my smiles. My jokes. The one liners that have our friends shaking their heads at me.
I've lived my life on those smiles. They never failed me, until her.

I wasn't counting on her when I designed my front. I never imagined the possibility of someone like her coming into my life.

The wild hair, the kind smil
Published January 31st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Someone Like You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someone Like You

Malene
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There’s nothing better than when a story and its characters gives me tingles and goosebumps all over. Jake and Dorian aka Dorke did that to me. Delicious and swoon worthy tingles. From head to toe. Ever since reading No One But You and For You I’ve been pumped and excited to read Dorian and Jake’s story. From those two books I knew they had a good story that needed to be told and amazing chemistry. Alexandra Silva exceeded my expectations with Someone Like You. She literally blew me away!

Even t
Zilpha Owens
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Magic Stars

Someone Like You is a beautifully romantic love story that flowed easily. It put a smile on my face and warmed my heart.

Dorian Anson is a fixer and a fiercely independent single mom. She has suffered terrible loss, but still has an optimistic outlook. Her love for her son is first and foremost. Her hesitation is understandable after everything she has been through.

Jake Roth lightens the mood with a single joke. He’s handsome, successful and wants to be more than a friend to Dori
Anne Milne
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've never read the previous books in the series and I've missed out. A friends to lovers with an older couple hurrah.

Dorian and Jake were fantastic characters both successful in their careers and very complex people. The story of single mum Dorian was so relatable, her struggles to juggle work home and her son without losing herself was something I could empathise with. Jake is very true to the saying still waters run deep because what you saw on the outside was not the man he was.

This was a v
AJ
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always seem to stumble into these great books that are part of a series... and hardly ever in order. :) I received Someone Like You as an advance copy from InkSlinger PR in return for my opinion.
I loved it! Now I have to read the other 2 books in the Imperfect Hearts series.
Dorian and Jake are wonderfully well written characters. So perfect for each other even though they are both too scared to admit it at first...
This was such a great story of learning to love again in spite of fear and past
Miranda Knight
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
My favorite book of the three!! I highly recommend the entire series. Jake is by far my favorite character out of this circle of friends among the three books. His sense of humor and loyalty to family and friends is complete swoon worthy.

Gush time complete.

Dorian Anson lost the love of her life but she gained a new love--her son Daniel. Looking for love again never crossed her mind. She's tried scratching that itch but the whole ordeal felt forced to her instead her focus returned to her son and
Robyn Corcoran
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dorian Anson and Jacob Roth finally get their full story! An exciting event as they make such a wonderful couple, along with Daniel her son, and Dorian has been through so much she deserves it.

I’m not sure I will ever be able to even think of truffles again without having a chuckle after reading this book! I enjoyed the levity in the story, especially between the female characters. Balancing this humour is a darker issue, we’ll really there are a few, but the main one concerning Jake’s sister is
Alexandra
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alexandra Silva knocked me off my feet with her debut novel No One But You, then she left me speechless with For You and now she made me the happiest person on earth with Someone Like You 😍

You need to read the other two books in the Imperfect Hearts Series!!!!!

We already know Dorian and Jake from NOBY and FY, but this is finally Dorians chance for her happy end and she deserves it like nobody else.

After losing Phillip Dorian has to go on with life for her little boy Daniel. And she does, becau
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I have to say that this story is absolutely amazing and I could not get enough. I felt like I was right there next to Dorian and Jake seeing their story unfold and seeing all the fears they had and the love that grew each day for each other.

Dorian is a single mother living her life and taking care of her son. She has friends and she goes out and she catches the eye of Jake who has secretly loved her for a longtime. Dorian can see right through Jakes facade and she brings his walls down and
Quincey Conway
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
when friends become lovers, a single mom trying to juggle it all and a man who doesn't let his true self show. when certain wounds run to deep can they ever heal? an attraction and friend ship that is undeniable, but fought on so many levels. so when the time finally happens, things heat up. love is undeniable and comes in many forms. its time Dorian and Jake to have their happy ever after.
Mercedes Velez
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming and captivating story.I loved every second!A story that will ensnare you both min and heart 5+ stars!
Cathy
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This author was new to me and I will definitely be looking up the other books in this series.

This was a Friends to Lovers story between Dorian, a strong, independent single mum trying to build the best life for her son after the loss of her fiancé, and Jake. Jake is supposed to be the ladies man of the group but is actually protective and sweet. Watching him with the children, and with his sister is so adorable.

I really liked the dynamics of the group, and that they were all friends separately.
Lydia's Romance
3.5 Stars

*Must read book 2 before this one

I've enjoyed this series and will continue to look forward to more books. Though I prefer books with more angst, the series has managed to hook me with well written and endearing characters. From Jamie & Quincy's story (book 1) to Dorian's story (books 2 & 3), I've become attached!

Why not 5 Stars?
At about 60% I got a little impatient with the pace of the story. Considering the book is 500 pages, not much seems to happen. I needed more angst, mor
Angela's Book Addiction
Someone Like You by Alexandra Silva is a slow burn, friends to lovers, contemporary romance told in dual POV. It's the third book in the Imperfect Hearts series, and although it may be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading books 1 and 2 first as they lay a wonderful foundation for Dorian and Jake's story.

Dorian Anson is a strong, independent single mother whose love for her son, Daniel, is first and foremost in her life. She has endured the pain of tragic loss, but with the help and s
Amanda McCalip
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Someone Like You is a very beautifully written romance story. It was such a great read. Dorian is a strong independent single mother and has suffered great loss in her life. She is an optimistic individual with the will to keep on pushing through. Her son is her first priority no matter what.

Jake Roth comes into her life and makes her start questioning everything. He is easy on the eyes, successful, and wants nothing more but to befriend Dorian. He has secrets like most of us, but his reputatio
Kari Hansen
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dorian is a single mother to her son Daniel and he is not only the center of her world but he is the reason that she was able to pick up the pieces of her loss after a tragic loss.

Jake is her brother’s best friend and has become her best friend as well. He is the life of the party and the one who always has a joke and makes others smile but underneath his happy persona is a man with demons of his own.

As their feelings for each other evolve into something deeper they must decide if the risk of c
Andrea
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this ARC as a giveaway in a Facebook group. Please keep in mind that this was the first time I read this author and I did not read the first two in the series.

This was a sweet best friend's sister "forbidden" romance with a London twist on it. Dorian and Jake have been friends for years but something has shifted and each has seen each other in a different light. Dorian is a single mom to Daniel and Jake has always been the friend in the back of the tunnel. We get to experience the ch
Azalia
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alexandra’s writing never fails to convey romance that’s so captivating and unique that I feel like her characters are real. In Someone Like You we have a connection of souls that finally connect on a level of everlasting love. Jake and Dorian story starts with an authentic friendship. The care they have for each other develops over time and we journey with them when they start to fall in love with each other. Their are issues that they both need to resolve. The friendship that grounds them help ...more
Paula D
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To sum up this book with one word I would say Beautiful. It’s a story about Dorian a single mom because her husband passed away but she’s a strong woman that loves her son so much. Jake is a funny, sweet guy who himself is struggling but when he’s around his friend Dorian the light just shines. Two people that are friends but want more but know it will just complicate things. Will they both come together and feel the light and love that surrounds them? Amazing story that made my heart swoon many ...more
Melinda
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
As book 3 goes have to say it feels like we have come full circle. I never did like Phillip but he did give Dorian the best part of him. The chemistry between Dorian and Jake was tense with tons of passion. So easy to see them right in every way from the way they interact with each other and when they love is just wow. This was a great series and so happy to see how everybody has come along the way.

"I received an eBook copy from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review. I was not compen
Erica
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love that we finally know Jake and Dorian's story! Jake is a guy who'd everyone should want to be friends with but only a few know the real man. Dorian has been trying to move on since losing her husband years ago. These two come together and it's such a beautiful story of love. Jake loves with everything he is. Love their story!
Within The Pages Book Blog
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know it’s early in the year but this is hitting my top reads of 2019 list . It was that good . It took me on a journey I hoped would never end. I had a little trouble understanding the supporting characters roles but it still captivated me .
Christy
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first couple of chapters were hard for me to get into, but I'm glad I stayed with it. This is a very emotional book that not only has a great love story but a story about not shutting people out of your life. Dorian is a great mom but she became even better when she decided to let herself love Jacob.
Danielle S.
I loved Dorian & Jake's story so much. I felt their connection from first mention in NOBY. The way this story unravelled was brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed it top to bottom. <3
Reading with 2 book lovers
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dorian stole my heart in the first book in this series and wow was I glad she got her own book. This is such a good read. Highly recommend this series of standalones.
Jody
From the very moment I started reading this book I found myself captivated by the deep connection between Dorian and Jake. They’ve been friends for many years, leaned on each other in a connection that is evolving into something more as the sexual tension surrounding them is becoming too much to ignore. With their pasts invading their present though it will be an emotionally intense journey to reach HEA, a journey that readers have watched evolve throughout this series and have been rooting for ...more
Cindy M. Green
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#Dorke Forever

I would highly recommend reading Books 1 and 2 in the Imperfect Hearts Series. Not only are they and great stories, they lay a wonderful foundation for Dorian and Jake. My heart was hurting for Dorian from the start of this beautiful romance. The events in her life molded her into the resilient, strong and wonderful mother that we grow to know and love. I don’t know how she did it, but the life she carved out for her and Daniel was beautiful. She’s fortunate to have a wonderful su
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
A beautiful story of friendship & love

Alexandra Silva has the ability to write a realistic romance story that will have her readers experiencing and believing in every moment and word. Even though SOMEONE LIKE YOU is a standalone, I highly recommend that No One But You and For You be read, as these two novels will give some background to Dorian and Jake and their friendship.

Dorian Anson suffered a devastating loss when her husband passed away. However she gathered her strength for the only o
Corrie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Readers who love a good friends to lovers slow burn should definitely pick up Someone Like You.

This imperfect Hearts Series by Alexandra Silva is definitely an emotional series and one that tugs on your hearts in many ways. Alexandra Silva creates love stories that deserve the time it takes to read them. They have consistently been high quality and always tug at my heart strings.

One piece that stood out for me in Someone Like You was Daniel. I always enjoy stories with kids in them because they
it.sgottabethebooks
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SOMEONE LIKE YOU
By Alexandra Silva
4.5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐🌟

This friends to lovers, slow-burn contemporary romance by Alexandra Silva is enjoyable. Dorian Anson is a single mom, who’s life consists of work and her son, Daniel. After losing her fiancé she closes herself off from any type of male companionship due to guilt. Jacob “Jake” Roth is the happy go lucky guy of the group. he is Dorian’s brother, Jamie’s best friend.

“He kissed the very tip of my nose lightly before he touched his forehead to mine.”

Both de
I Love Story Time
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, julie-jules
3.5 Stars!

I have to start this review by saying how much I’ve been enjoying this series. I really liked No One But You as well as For You. I also liked both Dorian and Jake in those stories as supporting characters. So when I saw that they were getting their own story in, Someone Like You, I was really looking forward to reading it. I knew Jake would be the perfect person for Dorian. I knew he’d bring laughter and happiness into her life, which we all know she deserves. I knew he’d be the perfe
Alexandra Silva is a lover of words and romance. She blames the classics and a nutty English teacher for her obsession with books and fiction. Come rain or shine with either coffee or wine in hand you can find her with her nose stuck in a book and her head in the clouds. She lives in London outnumbered by her very loud boys, with her very own hero and their two wild cats—Jack and Jill.

FACEBOOK / I

Imperfect Hearts (3 books)
  • No One But You (Imperfect Hearts, #1)
  • For You (Imperfect Hearts, #2)