Start by marking “Mia's Misfits (Western Trails, #5) (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #13)” as Want to Read:
Mia's Misfits (Western Trails, #5) (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #13)

Mia's Misfits (Western Trails, #5)

(The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides #13)

One preacher. One teacher. Three orphans. Can they become a family?

Stepping off the train, Mia Bradley, orphan and teacher, has now become a mail-order bride. She has a new home, a new Choctaw-Creek husband, and new children of her very own. Will the scars of her past ready her for the difficult life on Indian territory?

Josiah West has scars of his own. The han

Published January 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Mia's Misfits (Western Trails, #5), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mia's Misfits (Western Trails, #5)

Start your review of Mia's Misfits (Western Trails, #5) (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #13)
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Historically Romantic

MIA’S MISFITS is rich in all those small details that will make a world come alive for me and draw me deeper into the story. Mia’s youngest years will be remembered only in night terrors, yet what she experienced was far more common than anyone would like to acknowledge – even today. While her beginning was heartbreaking to read it also set the pace for a story that isn’t afraid to look at the realities of the times, at human frailties and, also, at pure evil. Wa
Sharon
Shelves: alphabet
My favorite in this series so far!!!

Josiah- jobless preacher turned rancher And Mia- her brothers left her at the foundling home when she was 5 to protect her from their father.
I immensely enjoyed reading this mesmerizing, heart wretching story that had a intrigue, suspense, betrayal, danger, self discoveries, family bonding/loyalty, acceptance and love. The story is fascinating written with unforgettable and inspiring characters. Their story has an amazing HEA. Loved it!!

I enjoyed the blurb at
M
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think I have found a new favorite writer: This was a well written book by a writer who does her research and writes well. The characters are well-developed, and interesting and the main ones all likable. This is definitely not one of those writers who sound as if they would not know the difference between a lariat and a cinch. The young women are not silly twits who tell the men they want things one way and then are mad when the men do exactly what they asked for, and the men are stalwart. The ...more
Nethanja
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As one of the orphans who needs to get married Mia agrees to marry Josiah. When she arrives she not only become a wife but also the adopted mother of 3 abandoned children. Can these misfits with all different backgrounds become a happy family? When danger appears can they help each other to be safe?
A strong woman, a protective man and 3 courageous children makes this a great story. Love, family, outlaws and surprises, this story has it all.
I received this book from the author, this review is my
Earlene Click
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Josiah and Mia

Josiah was of mixed Indian and white blood and lo ed in Indian Teritory. He needed and wanted a wife. He requested a .com order bride from Wigg Orphanage and School. Mia was his choice and she accepted his offer of marriage. This story has a great deal of excitement, adventure, a little humor and lots of love and trust. You will score this story and it has a very happy ending.
jane pearson
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alphabet Mail-Order Brides

A brilliantly told story bringing one of the alphabet brides to Eufaula Indian territory her groom to be Josiah part Choctaw Creek and part German. Mia and Josiah find themselves looking after three children the story is intriguing heartwarming and brings us wonderful characters whom you can't help but love there is lots of bonding with the children and you watch them grow together as a family as the story unfolds.

Rita Wright
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Historical Novel of the Creek Indians.

I Love historical books. This is the first book I have read by Heidi Vanlandingham. It will not be my last. The story is of two people that fall in Love although they are from different cultures and backgrounds. They eventually find each other because of mail order brides. The two become a family when they take in children that are orphaned and needing Love.
Lois Chilton
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now's Misfits

Absolutely loved the storyline & the three young people who came into Mia's world & the way they came into it, The good Pastor couldn't help but connect the dots to believe a higher power was at work with a higher power than his. I think the kids, in their innocence, certainly knew who was in charge of their day to day lives.

It's a good book for a great plan to work; the Lord's plan. Enjoy your read.
Sydnee Walsh
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mia comes from a horrible backstory. She is taken by her two brothers from home to the local orphanage. She grows up to be a teacher there. Then she starts a new journey as a mail order bride. Her husband to be Josiah is from a mixed background. A week before Mia is to arrive he finds two orphans Summer and her cousin Billy. Then comes Elias to their mixed family.
Add some bad guys and a Christmas surprise and this book is great.
Sandra White
A family of orphans!

This glorious story is all about building a family from the riff-raff of society.

Mia was abandoned for her own safety. Josiah lost his parents to an Indian battle. Together, they stumble across three young orphans who need love. Throw in ruthless outlaws and the heroic Bass Reeves and you have one wonderfully told story!
Sandra Newton
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read

A very creative and entertaining story. Multiple authors came together to create this series using the alphabet to name their character and tell their stories. Mia's story is heartbreaking, heartwarming and packed with action. I highly recommend you read this story and the others in this series.
Eileen
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent A Must Read

Well written story of family made of people who choose to love each other and not by blood. Mia’s beginnings in life were heart wrenching and her brothers did the best they could for her. Josiah’s loss shaped him into the man he became. Together they are a force of love and caring. Loved this story.
KATHLEEN CORTE
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Romance

I love all these stories I'm up to 13 now halfway there and they're clean their Christian and they're exceptionally well-written I will be continue reading them all and all the other books that you write I have a very eclectic genre of reading from sci-fi to Western mail order brides to archaeology to history your books are great continue please writing them
Debbie
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of excitement and action

Mia is such a sweetheart. You fall in love and can't help but notice her strength. She accepts all thrown at her and goes with her big heart. Josiah is a very sweet man full of goodness but a past of loss of his parents. He and Mia were both orphaned . This is a great story in the series.
Cindy Edwards
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mia and her mom both lived at the Wigg school since Mia was 10. She answers an ad to go to Indian territory. When she gets there she finds out her husband is 75% Indian. Right before she arrives he took in 2 Indian orphans. Will she accept having a mixed family, especially when the children bring home a negro boy? Or will she go back to NYC?
Christine Pak
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mia's Mifits (Alphabet Mail Order Brides)

Anyone who enjoys learning about the diverse Indian tribes/nations will relate to this book. Mia and Josiah 's big heart and kindness show through when they take on the three orphans. Add a surprise at the end for a great read.
Dawn Baffa
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
First read from this Author

What an amazing storyline. To have 2 brothers step up and do something in the best interest of their sister? Truly amazing. So much love and acceptance in this story., the hero said it best "a family of misfits".
joy mansion
Preacher

As I read this book it was like I was their. I liver close to the town's in the book. Your going to love this book of you love history and Oklahoma . I would give it a 10 state of I could.
Babs Wenk
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mia and Josiah

Mia arrives at the orphanage at 5 years old because her brothers wanted her safe from their drunk father. When it is time to be a mail order bride she goes to Indian territory. - Babs
Jan Craig
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

So many of these books have the sugary sweet happy endings. I enjoy them but, this one really grabbed me with it's accuracy in regards to some of the context. Thank you for that! Definitely my favorite so far.
caroljordan
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A perfect fit

I enjoyed this book very much. These children were misfits until they got into the right family situation. They just needed love to be able to come together and finally make a loving family.
Cindy
A group of ladies raised in an orphanage in New York are sent out in the world to marry and start schools in small western towns.
Anita Rohn
#13

Awesome filled with historical tidbits and Native American culture it was a pleasure to read and follow Mia`s adventures from New York to the west.
Robin Malek
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Misfits... Maybe

But this group of people is what a family truly is. Each individual and yet as a collective, family. Wonderful story of heartbreak and love.
Concetta33
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW my favorite so far

I love the research this author put into her story, i actiactually cried twice in this book, which is major for me. Wonderful job.
Kathy Brickert
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely

Another wonderful tale in a great series!! This one really keeps you into the story! I couldn't put it down! Great read!!
Lea & Sandra
Engrossing story

Heart breaking beginnings bring this group of misfits together to find and form a living family who face struggles united.
Elizabeth West
Alphabet Brides

Mia's Misfits by Heidi Vanlandingham was a thrilling sweet romance. Had plenty of drama and the characters were great. I enjoyed this story very much.
Mary Jane McLeod
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Another great book in a great series. I loved Mia and Josiah's story. I look forward to more books in the series.
Casey
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Especially heartwarming

As a native Oklahoman with a smidge of Cherokee blood, I found Mia to be the heroine of my heart.

• Abigail's Adventure (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #1; Sunset Valley, #3))
  • Making a Memory (Cowboys and Angels, #32)
  • Caring for the Cowboy (Cowboys and Angels, #33)
  • Redeeming the Rogue (Cowboys and Angels, #35)
  • Star-Spangled Secret (Quinn Valley Ranch, #20)
  • An Agent for Victoria (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #6)
  • An Agent for Jessica (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #19)
  • An Agent for Brielle (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #20)
  • An Agent for Darcy (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #17)
  • An Agent for Arielle (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #12)
  • Faltered Beginnings (Mail Order Brides of Spring Water #5)
  • Wanted: Family (Silverpines, #20)
  • Winning His Wife (Cowboys and Angels, #31)
  • Ante Up (Black Aces, #1)
  • Orphan Train Brides
  • Invitation From Isla (Cowboys and Angels, #36)
  • Trusting the Tycoon: Cowboys and Angels, #29
  • Books and Beaus (Cowboys and Angels, #34)
**Join my Reader List for updates on future publications: http://bit.ly/2GuDRoJ **

Whether writing historical western romance, epic fantasy, or paranormal, Heidi Vanlandingham’s books are sweet, where characters are inspired to overcome life’s hardships and loving families build strong communities.

Heidi's words:
I grew up near the panhandle of Oklahoma—what I claim is the “treeless armpit” of the st

The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Abigail's Adventure (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #1; Sunset Valley, #3))
  • Beulah's Brains: A McClain Story (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #2)
  • Catalina's Cause (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #3)
  • Dorthy's Disasters: A Ryders Legacy Historical Book (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #4)
  • Emmeline's Exile (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #5)
  • Fae's Fantasy (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #6)
  • Glory's Groom (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #7)
  • Harriet's Hope (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #8)
  • Imogene's Ingenuity (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #9)
  • Jessamine's Journal (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #10)

News & Interviews