Start by marking “Dark Days: Semester 2” as Want to Read:
Dark Days: Semester 2

Dark Days: Semester 2

(Dark Days #2)

A vampire desperate for a brighter future. A wolf shifter eager to forget the past.

A killer closing in.

Still reeling from the events of December 31st, wolf shifter Emma Kingsley stumbles into the new year knowing that nothing will ever be the same. Her sanctuary--her territory--is falling to pieces around her. Danger in the forest. Danger in the village. Danger at her door
Published February 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dark Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Days

Start your review of Dark Days: Semester 2
angela
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this.

This was book two of two, definitely for 18 and up. This book was great, there were some surprises, that I wasn’t expecting. Throughout the books the love between Calder and Emma was always prominent. They risked all for each other, ended up in some sticky situations for sure lol. I really liked their story. I think the only things I wish I knew, would be what happened with Emma’s relationship with her family, did her and Calder have kids and get married? Excellent read.
Claire Robinson
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - ...Bound in blood... Stars!

The second semester in the Dark Days duet is as gripping as it is gruesome, we return to Norway with the New Year in the forefront, and the events of New Year’s Eve, still reverberating through Emma and Calder’s minds.

Danger in the forest…
Danger in the village.
…Danger at her door.

Book one of this duology really was just a scene setter for its follow-up, you hit the ground running with this one and the pressure doesn’t really ease up until the latter stages.
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
This is possibly one of the best paranormal books to exist. There is no doubt Dark Days has ruined me for other paranormal romances. I will forever be comparing characters to Emma and Calder. I was glued to the pages until the very end. I was eager yet dreading the ending of this. Eager to see what happens. Eager for Calder and Emma’s HEA and dreading that this duet has come to an end.

Emma and Calder had an intense hatred going on in book one. There was definitely no love there but they were for
Liz Meldon
Feb 08, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: romance, paranormal
"You're killing me."

IT'S LIIIIIIVE! The final chapter in Calder and Emma's DARK DAYS duet is available on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited. Thank you so much for all your love and support for this enemies to lovers paranormal romance duet. It was honestly my first time writing such a sexy, combative relationship from the get-go, and I had a blast doing it. You'll definitely be seeing more enemies to lovers in the future from me!

Dark Days: Semester 2 - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L4479CC/
R Y A N  ⚡️
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5/5- HOLY PLOT TWIST BATMAN!!!! So freakin good!

YES! I want more in this world... vampires and shifters and witches, oh my!

You must read book one first. These are not standalone books.
__________

I don’t know how to review this book honestly. It’s so good and so much happens that spoilers would be everywhere. I love this world and these characters.
__________

This book picks up right at the epic cliffhanger of book one. I feel like from the first word it’s go time. Pedal to the metal, strap in, h
Mary Ellen
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg omg. Liz Meldon you are the queen of words, stories and OTPs. Hands down: 5 stars.
More on my review to come.
Tamara Harrington
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely thrilling conclusion to my favourite duet of all time!!!
Calder and Emma will forever hold the bar for what couples need to be, paranormal or otherwise! I don't want to give anything away but I will tell you that there is drama and intrigue that will keep you on the edge of your seat for hours as well as some very sexy times!!!
I loved how things played out between these two from their arguing to realising their true feelings for each other. I legit could read at least another
Up All Night With Books
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

There is just so much I want to say about this book but can't because I don't want to give anything away!!!

Dark Days: Semester 2 by Liz Meldon is just amazing. The first book was the setup and this second book in the duet is the be all to end all!! Holy smokes, from start to finish there is non-stop action, drama, peace, love and soooo much more than repeat!!!

When you read the caption of the story, how could you go wrong!! If
Sarina Langer
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a general rule, I have a lot of love for Meldon's characters because they're so bloody realistic and relatable, but Calder and Emma? They're my faves. Not just from Meldon's books either-from ALL the books. They're special and beautifully imperfect and I love the hell out of them.

I so wish there was a third book, but since it's a duology that's not to be. I'm totally open to spin-offs, though. Gimme all the Calder and Emma <3

So, yes, this is a recommendation. If you like a bit/a lot of smut w
Linda Levine
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emma and Calder face a lot of danger in this second part of the story.

They are closer together than ever but it is not happily ever after for them as the story opens. They face danger from surprising sources.

I really liked seeing them able to acknowledge their real feelings for each other. They both open up more about their fears and the pain they face. They come a long way in their thinking about themselves and each other.

I am voluntarily reviewing a copy I received.
✨The Quick & Dirty Bibliophile✨

Overall: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Steam: 3/5 🔥🔥🔥
Feels: 😰😩😏💪😧🥰

~REVIEW🖋~
The quick and dirty: Shifter-trafficking ex associates, truth bombs, angst, emotional epiphanies, hot sex, epic battles... and a plot twist that hit me so hard I think its handprint may still be on my face.
🤯🤯🤯

Liz knocked it our of the park with this one! The world-building was excellent. Liz's vivid prose gave me a clear mental picture of the landscape, characters and scenes. The character development was phenomenal as well. There was so muc
Gsmitty
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Picking up right where Semester One left off, Liz Meldon has done it again, keeping me thoroughly captivated on this continued journey of Calder and Emma, as they fight against what feels right versus what ought to be the right thing to do.
It’s the start of a new year, yet the first of January hasn’t brought many happy fuzzy feelings to Calder and Emma. Instead, it has led to some home truths being shared, and some deep examinations of personal feelings and their level of importance. Calder fee
Cris
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, that was something else!! I just have to say, this is the perfect end of this story (you get my meaning? If Liz can give us more of them I want to know more!!)

So full disclosure here... I didn't like how the book started because we are left with a HUGE cliffhanger and then it's just like... oh! yeah, they left... not cool at all. In this semester we get Calder's full backstory and let me tell you it was something, I guess you can kind of have an idea of what it is but at the same time, it's
Mandy Barnes
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
To be the Alpha shifter is an amazing thing, to be Alpha to a pack of dogs is another, but to have them ripped away is heartbreaking. To be hunted is another.

Emma Kingsley came to SIA to teach, to have a new beginning, to do what she does best. But all that is threatened when the hunter becomes the prey, by the most Vial type of being a modern day Vampire pirate.

Calder Holloway is out to make penance for his past, to protect the one he has fallen in love with, knowing she may never love him back
Carol 27
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book of the Dark Days duet and the story picks up where Semester One left off. Threats against Emma from two rogue vampires unleash a series of brutal acts – all with the intent to throw Calder off the trail of what is really happening in his backyard. While the mystery surrounding the missing villagers is revealed, both Emma and Calder find themselves in a fight for survival as his past returns with a vengeance. Can Calder possibly be connected to all this current insanity? A ...more
Kristy
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG I was wondering how Liz Meldon was going to top her first book but she did it this book is freaking awsome. It's dark and some of the stuff in it is really awful and hard to read im a animal lover so it was just difficult but beside that i enjoyed this book i couldn't put it down Emma and Calder are perfect please write more about them and there dark world.

Emma thinks she's escaped one danger with Calder's help only to find it's left its awful calling card at the Academy she teaches at and
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I finished this book late into the night, I couldn’t put it down. The need to know what was going to happen next was driving crazy. I was on the edge of my seat at times just waiting for something to happen I was so nervous!

The story begins where book one left off. It’s so well written I was immediately drawn in and found myself lost in the halls among their campus. I love this series, in fact, I'm infatuated with the couple and they're so in love even though it's forbidden. The chemistry betwee
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up right where the first one left off so another words you need to read the first one before even attempting to start this one. Emma and Calder get thrown in the deep end right from the start. They are surrounded by danger and closer than ever. Stuff from Calder’s past make an appearance in the present will Calder be able connect it to the threats against Emma? Their chemistry in this book is just as electrifying as the previous one, maybe even more so. This book is so suspensef ...more
Morgan (youarethelibrarian)
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The pulse-pounding conclusion to Emma and Calder's story will have you on the edge of your seat! There is a ton of angst, but also the deepening of Emma and Calder's feelings for one another. I loved seeing new sides to them, and how they interacted with one another. We got to see Emma's wolf, and she was magnificent!! All the backstory on Calder I wanted was in this book, too.
At a couple points when everything seemed great, I knew there was more drama coming. I had to keep reminding myself tha
Becky Baldridge
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Semester 1 we fell in love with Calder and Emma. In Semester 2 they have us on the edge of our seat, holding our breath as they face danger from every side. Whether they're fighting a mutual enemy or creating sparks in the bedroom, this vampire and wolf shifter are perfect together, and just when we think the dust has settled, the author hits us with a whopper twist I certainly didn't see coming. Liz Meldon sets the bar high for paranormal romance with this wonderfully written, thrilling read ...more
Kaye
ONE INTENSE EXPERIENCE!!!
OMG! Man, talk about fast and furious. Man, Liz isn't messing around with this little dynamo. A whirlwind of emotions and events that feed from the excitement and nerve racking tension that brings this bad boy roaring to life brilliantly. All twists and turns, ups and downs, along with a few glitches and bumps here and there pull you deeper into this raging storyline and hard hitting plot. Throw in all the drama, intrigue, uncertainty, fear, danger and suspense and you h
Sonal
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy mother of monsters I CAN'T!!

With danger surrounding them from everywhere, Calder and Emma are in more danger than ever. The past is hurling back to ruin everything they've ever known. Can two sworn enemies unite together to defeat evil? Or is their world fated to be doomed?

This was probably one of THE MOST EPIC conclusions to any story. I was legit on the edge of my seat for the entire story and I don't think I was even breathing throughout it.

Calder and Emma and actually genuinely 100% m
A_MOTUS
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Right where we left off. Or almost. If New Eve was a nightmare, then what’s coming next is hell. Emma might be strong, she might even impress Calder, but her heart is going to be broken again and again in this 2nd book. Yet she acknowledges her needs and duty. And I think that is why I loved her complete character.
The same carefulness was given when crafting Calder with words. Description, actions, dialogues all in services of the story and giving life to their actors.
Liz Meldon leaves no questi
Risa
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced/review copy of this book. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content and honesty of my review.

I absolutely loved this book. The relationship between Emma and Calder grows, we get to see more of the fossegrim from the first book (who I looooved--crossing my fingers for his own story!), and all my questions from the previous book are answered. I'm beyond happy with this story. *happy sigh*

If you'd like my full review, please feel free to check it out here: Al
RoseyLovesBooks
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vampire Calder Holloway might just be falling in love with the beautiful wolf shifter Emma Kingsley. Too bad this newfound love will remain unrequited Calder tells Emma about his past ... or will Emma surprise Calder? Calder learns that he can't outrun his past when his ex-associates show up in Solskinn. When Emma's life is threatened Calder wants to pack up and run away with Emma but Emma's got other ideas. Are Emma and Calder going to regret not running when they had the chance?

Dark Days is a
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the stories that overlap but yet are stand alones. This story has a little of everything, sweet romance, sexy overbearing and frustrating alpha male and a beautiful woman who has the right heart and spirit. Thoroughly enjoying and entertaining.

"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."
Linda
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was just an amazing conclusion to this duet. Ms. Meldon has combined vampire and shifter flawlessly. I fell in love with Calder, and enjoyed Emma. I loved their banter. There's a ton of action. Scary spots. Steamy spots! Dark Days: Semester 1 and 2 were so good, I will plan to read them again!
Alexandra G.
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Damn good. This author is rapidly becoming one of my favorites, let me tell ya'.

Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: holly
Dark Days Semester 2 was a good follow up to the first book.  We continue on with Emma and Calder, having to keep their boarding school safe from new supernatural threats which test the relationship they currently have.  This book opens up a whole new world of mythical creatures I never heard of or entertained ideas of before.  Great conclusion.
Caroline Doig
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wowzer I absolutely loved Dark Days Semester 2, I re read Dark Days Semester 1 before this one and I’m so glad I did because book 1 ended on a cliffhanger and the answer to that is in this book, anyway now on to this review. This is the conclusion to this series and I was sad I want more of Emma the wolf shifter and Calder the vampire both sworn enemies who work at the same school. They fall in love but there will be a price to pay and Calder will gladly pay it to keep his wolf safe, that’s all ...more

• Reaper's Pack (All the Queen's Men, #1)
  • To Love a God (Lily of the Valley, #1)
  • For the Hell of It (Razing Hell #1)
  • Bound (A Faery Story, #1)
  • Fated Magic (Claimed by Wolves, #1)
  • Destined Blood (Nephilim's Destiny, #2)
  • Destined Fire (Nephilim's Destiny, #3)
  • Destined Storm (Nephilim's Destiny, #4)
  • Destined Darkness (Nephilim's Destiny, #1)
  • Blood Trial (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #1)
  • Heart of Dracula (Immortal Soul, #1)
  • Vampire Debt (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #2)
  • Sucks To Be Me
  • First Term (Dragon Fire Academy #1)
  • Tempted By Fae
  • A Pack of Blood and Lies (The Boulder Wolves, #1)
  • Death Game (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #3)
  • Academy of Six (Origins of the Six, #1)
Liz is a Canadian author who grew up in the Middle East. She has a degree in Bioarchaeology from Western University, and when she isn't writing about her own snarky characters, she is reading about other people’s snarky characters, babying her herb garden, loitering on social media, or taking care of her furbabies.

Liz dabbles in both paranormal and contemporary erotic romance. Her paranormals are

Dark Days (2 books)