Start by marking “Runaround (Getaway Series Book 4)” as Want to Read:
Runaround (Getaway Series Book 4)

Runaround

(Getaway #4)

Can two people perpetually moving in opposite directions ever end up in the same place? Or will love just keep giving them the runaround?

Webb Bryant is intimately acquainted with every type of trouble there is. Trouble is all he’s ever known and the only constant in his life.
Webb’s a man constantly on the move. He’s a drifter. A wanderer. He bolts from one bad choice to
Kindle Edition
Published December 14th 2018 by Jay Crownover LLC

Three Chicks
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Trinette Dungee

Stability is not something Webb Bryant is at all familiar with; trouble however, well trouble and Webb happened to be the best of friends. When Webb stumbles into Sheridan Wyoming to search for his missing brother, the last thing he expects to find is stability but that’s what he finds. For the first time in his life he’s found a place where he feels he belongs, where he does something that matters and where he feels he has a purpose. It’s also where he meets Tennyson Mc
Skylar
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 I love this series. The plot was super old school soap opera fantastic. I love the premise of an evil twin 8-)! Ten was a great compliment to Webb. Their characters meshed with chemistry and depth.
Jay Crownover is an extremely talented writer. I found myself re-reading descriptive paragraphs just because she wrote them so beautifully. If you need a getaway, I can't recommend this series enough.
Hms
I loved Tennyson from the previous books, so I loved getting her full story and well, Webb, he proved to not be just a pretty face and hot body. A complicated hero that I just absolutely loved. As always, J.C. weaves a complicated story with impossible hurdles, yet some how and some way they arrive at the same HEA.
Shayna
“Tʜᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ I ʜᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ, ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ, ᴡᴀs ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ I'ᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ. I ᴊᴜsᴛ ʜᴏᴘᴇᴅ ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ."

Webb and Ten’s chemistry…their connection, has been simmering in the back of my mind since we were introduced to them in the previous Getaway books. The fact that Jay Crownover has gifted us with their unforgettable happily ever after, is just icing on top of the cake. I loved how Webb never gave up on his feelings for Ten, even though she wouldn’t g
Anna
Safe
Alexandra
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1018
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

I knew that Webb was going to get his own story! He had to after everything he'd been through in the previous books! I surely enjoyed his growing attraction for Ten and the chase both gave after a mysterious thief who is also trying to pin all the crimes to Webb. Family history, emotions, and growing love bring both characters closer in this sequel.

I do have some ideas about who is going to be next a
RentasticReads
Ever since we got a taste of Webb and Ten’s undeniable chemistry in the previous books of the Getaway series, I’ve always held onto hope that they’ll get their own book. Now that it’s here, all I can say is that it was absolutely worth every second of the wait. They had my heart simmering and melting on the palm of their hands the second I dove into Runaround, and it just left me on a kind of high I didn’t want to come down from.

“Life is too short to waste time and energy on the people who don
Manoela
4 Stars

Runaround is the fourth book in the Getaway series of Jay Crownover and tells the story of Tenn and Webb, a story I've been waiting for since Escape and I'm glad that here I finally ventured into the story of these two.

The book follows the same dynamic of the others in the series: there is a novel that captivated me, a suspense that left me stuck to history, action to give more agility to the story and clear hot and spicy scenes could not miss.It's a slightly shorter book than the rest o
Dana
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series!!!! I have devoured books 1-4 in 6 days....yes you are reading that correctly!

Runaround held true to its title! Webb had done so much running in his life....let me preface that we were first introduced to him in Retreat (he was a secondary character). I was curious about him while reading it and was so anxious to get his story. Him and Ten were a perfect pairing! Ten was such a bada^^!!!! I love when authors can take a female lead and give her that tough as nails attitude but also ha
Nomims
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

As suspenseful as the others but the story was a bit unbeliveable lol
Ten and Webb were good together but to be honest i didn't understand all of it or feel that much connection... even if it was obvious lol I think it's mostly my fault because i was a bit less invested.
Overall it was nice and engaging but with an unbelievable plot
I'm curious about Wyatt, i hope we will have his story !
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: getaway
I enjoyed this one. I just did not love it as much as the previous 3!!!!
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

Did I scream when I saw Webb and Ten were getting a book? I might have. Okay, I totally did, but you can't blame me, these characters were so intriguing that they needed their own book. From book one, I was waiting for Jay Crownover to tell us she was indeed writing this book. I knew she wouldn’t let us down, but I needed to hear it from her and now, we have this beauty in our hands and it was amazing.

If you haven't read the previous books, I advise yo
Emma
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-wishlist
Wow, there is SOOOO much going on in the pages of Runaround. Not only do we get to delve deeply into the defining characteristics of both Tennyson and Webb but we also get to uncover the events that have contributed to the pair developing the characters they have.

I adored the way in which Jay personified Trouble, and how well that personification fit into the narrative. It truly felt as if Trouble was an entity determined to drag Webb under at all times.

It was a difficult journey for both Webb a
Romance Readers Retreat
This is book 4 in The Getaway Series and if you want to understand the timeline of past events and of the characters then I suggest reading them all in order.

Okay so I'm not going to rehash the story because if your reading this then hopefully you will have read the first 3 books.
This is Webb and Ten's story and its action packed and full of exciting moments that will pack a punch and leave it's mark.

Webb has a sort of rough edge to him, he was no angel in his past and trouble seems to follow h
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3. 75 stars. This was a good book. Runaround is Webb and Ten's book from the Getaway series. Ten is a forest ranger and former FBI agent. Webb works at the Warner ranch after having been through an ordeal in Cy and Leo's book. Ten and Webb have had an attraction since they met, but she has rebuffed his advances. Webb is a flirt and trouble seems to follow him, plus he is six years younger then her. He is very interested in her though and can see them together in a serious relationship in the fut ...more
Rachel
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5+ stars!

Trouble has a tendency to follow Webb Bryant and find him, even if he runs from the last bit of trouble. Settling down isn’t something Webb has considered, but after he finds a place at the Warner Ranch, he considers staying -- if he can convince the pretty forest ranger to look his way. But even though he is tempted to stay in one place, a past he didn’t know to guard against threatens the first bit of peace he has found.

Tennyson “Ten” McKenna is back in Montana after some time away
Renee Entress
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has pain, lots and lots of trouble, secrets, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Retreat (Getaway, #1)
Shelter (Getaway #2)
Escape (Getaway, #3)

This is Tennyson (Ten) and Webb’s story. Trouble is the one constant that Webb can could on besides his brother. He seems to always find trouble. But the trouble he finds himself in this time just might be too much for even him. He found a woman he
Mel Shank
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Runaround by Jay Crownover is the 4th book in the Getaway series.
It is a standalone but in true Crownover magic, Jay gives her readers little nuggets of gold wrapped up in visits from past and future characters and always leaving her readers with wanting more.

Ten and Webb's story was long awaited and filled all my expectations.
The chemistry between these two is electrifying and the romance plus action and suspense is intriguing and page turning.

STRONGLY recommend the whole series!!
Reading order
Jenny - Book Sojourner
4.5 Stars. I enjoyed this one a lot more than I expected. The evil twin plot was a lot of fun. I especially liked getting to know Webb and Ten. So much to uncover about them both. This one was a really great journey. I was sad to see it end.
Amanda Koziczkowski
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5☆
I loved the plot to this book! There was great romance and suspense! Ten and Webb are both really interesting and very well developed characters. I loved their chemistry and the tension! Such a good read!
Jody
After the jaw-dropping conclusion to the previous book in this series, a conclusion that saw Webb Bryant taken away in handcuffs, I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the outcome of that moment would be. I didn’t have to wait long as from the very first page of this fourth installment readers are dropped right into the middle of Webb’s latest case of bad luck. There’s an individual going around the country robbing banks...and he looks exactly like Webb. It’s a shocking reveal that ta ...more
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

If you haven't read the previous books, I advise yo
Rebecca
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever since Jay Crownover introduced Tennyson McKenna, I wanted her story…I wanted to understand her backstory and learn why life brought her back to a place that she swore she’d never live again. I wanted Ten to find someone who would make her happy and allow her to be the strong, independent woman she’d become, and even though I didn’t want that person to be Cy Warner because Leo is his perfect match, I knew there was someone who would be worthy of the kind of love that Ten was willing to give. ...more
Kim
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-5-stars
4.5+ stars
I have been anxiously awaiting more with Webb and Ten since the end of Escape! Webb Bryant is a man who had a rough life and has made some mistakes. He is a survivor and drifter, and it seems trouble follows him. The only person that has ever been there for him is his older brother, Wyatt.

But when he ended up on the Warner Ranch in Wyoming and met Forest Ranger, Tennyson McKenna, for the first time he did not want to run even though she resisted him at every turn. He is charming and fl
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Runaround is the fourth book in the Getaway series by the talented Jay Crownover. I have read so many of Jay's books and in my opinion she just keeps getting better and better. Her words are always thought provoking and emotional. This series especially has some tortured heroes and heroines. Runaround is Webb and Ten's story. We've known them both for a while and I knew there story was going to be electric. Webb has always been honest about how much he wants Ten. She's always ignored him. But th ...more
Heather
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Runaround is one of those books that I've been waiting for. When we met Tennyson McKenna in previous books in the Getaway series, I was always intrigued and I had a feeling there was a lot more "soft"under the tough exterior that Ten always showed to the world. I'm so glad that Jay Crownover chose to give us her story, along with that of Webb Bryant, the drifter who hasn't found a way to stay in one place for an extended period of time.

Webb seems to attract trouble. Whether he wants to or not, t
Amanda
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[ I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Runaround is the fourth book in Jay Crownover's Getaway Series. It can be read as a standalone but I recommend reading Retreat, Shelter, and Escape because this has been a strong series from the start.

Runaround is jam packed with suspense, romance and honesty. The connection between Webb and Tenn was fantastic. When Tenn finally stops running from her attraction to him, their compatibility is undeniable. They have support and faith in each other. W
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
What happens when two people who are on opposites sides of the law are attracted to each other? Runaround does a great job of looking at this. Will love conquer their differences? I couldn't wait to read this book. I've loved thsi series from the start and was so happy to hear there would be a book for Ten and Webb. They've been interesting players in the previous books and it was great to see that they got their own story.

Trouble follows Webb around like it's his best friend, but he wants to st
Konny
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jay Crownover did it again!! She outdid herself with this fantastic book. Runaround is book four in her Getaway series and tells Webb and Ten's story.
Runaround can easily be read as a standalone, I recommend to read the books in order. The previous books are Retreat, Shelter and Escape, the stories of the three Warner brothers.
Tennyson - Ten - McKenna is a heroine who knows what she wants. She was in love with Cyrus Warner for a long time, but now they're friends only. She's in law enforcement a
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars from Brianna!

Ten and Webb are finally here! I'm pretty sure THIS the ONE we've all wanted and I promise I won't spoil it for you in my review but I will say this is a classic Jay book, just with a heck of a lot more twists, turns, and suspense.

Jay Crownover is back with the fourth book in the emotional, unforgettable, and completely stunning Getaway Series and this has got to be my favorite one in this series to date. Jay loves to write and develop tortured characters, more and more as o
Jay Crownover is the International and multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Marked Men Series, The Saints of Denver Series, and The Point and Breaking Point Series. Her books can be found translated in many different languages all around the world. She is a tattooed, crazy haired Colorado native who lives at the base of the Rockies with her awesome dogs. This is where sh ...more

Getaway (4 books)